Remembering The Time by mjsgirl13
Summary: Michael Jackson's wife of 5 years takes a trip down memory lane as she Remembers The Time. Follow her as she retells all of the drama, heartbreak, and love that Michael and herself have been through.
Categories: Romance, Suspense, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Family Characters: Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 4364 Read: 13879 Published: Jan 03, 2011 Updated: Jan 21, 2011
Story Notes:
I've been gone for a while, but I'm back and better then ever. I hope you like this story as much as you have liked my others.

1. I Remember by mjsgirl13

2. Chapter 2 by mjsgirl13

3. Chapter 3 by mjsgirl13

4. Chapter 4 by mjsgirl13

5. Chapter 5 by mjsgirl13

6. Chapter 6 by mjsgirl13

I Remember by mjsgirl13
Author's Notes:
Hope you like it. Comments would be nice :)
I remember the first time i saw you
I was captivated by your eyes
I remember the first time you touched me
I felt my heart melt inside
I remember the first time i heard your voice
You were everything I could ask for

I put away my journal and look outside over the beautiful and spacious landscape. How did I get here and more importantly do I deserve to be here. Michael tells me all the time that he loves me, but I just don't believe in love anymore. I have been burnt by love so many times it's not funny, but I wouldn't change a minute of it. All of the pain and struggling I've been threw led me here, to Michael. Let me fully introduce myself I'm Ashli Jackson. Yep that's right Michael Jackson's wife of five years. We have a beautiful little girl and a son on the way, but before we talk about the present let's go back seven years into the past.

I whimper softly careful not to wake my sleeping boyfriend Ricky up. Oh, how I wish that I could take his pillow and press it down full force over his head. I'm not afraid to say it, I'm in an abusive relationship and I desperately want out. I have tried to leave him, but every time he finds me and I just get hit harder and for a longer time period.

I'm leaving him tonight, but this time is going to be different for I slipped a sleeping sedative in his tequila. I get up slowly and as soon as I'm out of the bed I make a dash for the closet taking out every piece of clothing that I own and throwing them into a spacious suitcase. I walk into the living room suitcase in hand when I hear him stirring in the bedroom. Cursing under my breath I take my suitcase and run outside still in my underwear and nothing to protect me from the cold night air, but my silky robe.

I see Ricky coming out of the apartment and decided to make a run for it. He chases after me and I drop my suitcase for it was slowing me down anyway. Looking for any living person who could possibly protect me from this monster I look to the street and see a car driving by. I run trying to catch up to the car, once I was close enough I started banging on the window. Ricky caught up to me and grabbed me by my arm forcing me back. He holds up his fist and I prepare for the worst, but right as his fist was about to meet with my face I hear someone yell. "Leave her alone!"

I look up at Ricky's face and see amusement in his eyes. "Yeah, how about you make me." I took the opportunity to shake free from his grasp by kneeing him in his groin and trying to run. Ricky grabs me once again and punches me one time and I fall to the cold stone brick. The unidentified man runs to his car and bends down it looked as if his was talking to someone. Then two big beefy guys come out and start beating up Ricky and all that was running through my mind was "let me get a swing at him".

I slowly rise to my feet and almost fall to my knees again, but I felt someone's arms around me saving me from meeting the pavement once again. "Are you ok?" He asked biting his bottom lip and giving me a soft smile. His expression quickly changed when he saw that my eye, in which Ricky punched, was swollen. Noticing that he was still holding me up I quickly pulled out of his grasp. He looked hurt by my sudden action, but he was a man and I no longer trusted men.

"Where do you live sweetie?" He asked in a very gentle and cautious voice. I stayed silent, but shrugged my shoulders letting him know that I have nowhere to go. He reached out his hand and I stepped back away from him and tripped over a trash can and landed on my butt, which I was doing a lot lately. He bent down before me to whisper something to me. Our faces were uncomfortable close.

"I won't hurt you. I promise." He smiled and reached out his hand again. I looked at him and reluctantly took his hand. He led me to his car and even opened the door for me. Once I was in he got in and sat next to me. I felt really stupid for getting into a stranger's car, but I had nowhere else to go, therefore I had no choice. "So, do you have anywhere to go." I shook my head no. "You got a name?" I nodded yes. "Can you speak?" I nodded once again. "Wanna tell me what your name is?" I shook my head no. "Fine then I'll have to give you a nickname. How about Kitty?" I smiled deciding that I liked that nickname. "There we go, finally got a smile outta you. If..uh..if you want you could...uh stay with me.......Just until you can get back on your feet. I scrunched up my face, but nodded my head anyway hoping that wouldn't be the worst mistake of my life.
Chapter 2 by mjsgirl13
Michael's POV


I was glad that Kitty decided to stay at Neverland with me. I felt so bad that so much has happened to her, she looked so innocent, so pure. I wish that I could make the pain go away for her, she's been through so much and she barely looks 23.

I saw her yawning and figured that she had a very long day. I couldn't wait to get her home, she looks very tired and needs her rest. "Um, the way to Neverland is a long one, you can rest if you want to." She nodded her head again and I sighed again. What could that man have done to her to make her to scared to even talk.

I was taken out of my thoughts by the sound of gentle snoring. She was so cute, her long dark brown hair flowing over her shoulders. I figured that I should catch a few Z's too. I rested my head against the window and slowing drifted of to sleep. The car suddenly jerked to a stop and I was shaken awake. Looking over at Kitty I discovered that she was fast asleep with her head resting in my lap. I hated to wake her, but I figured that she would be more comfortable in a soft bed.

I shook her awake and she jumped up with fear in her eyes. I saw a tear slip out of her eye, before she wiped it away furiously. I shook my head and helped her out of the car. I watched silently as she took in all of the beauty that is Neverland. "Isn't it beautiful?" She nodded her head and I sighed at my failed attempt to make her talk.

We walked into the house and Kitty looked around in amazement. Taking her hand I guided her upstairs to where she will be staying. I let go of her hand to open the double doors that lead to the guest bedroom. Her eyes widened at the sight and that was all the thank you I needed. Just seeing that curious look on her face was enough for me. "This is where you will be staying and if you need me for anything at all my room is right down the hall to the left. And breakfast tomorrow is at 8am sharp. I'm Michael by the way" And with that I left her.



Ashli's POV



I looked around amazed at how things were looking up for me. I was terrified to touch anything in fear of breaking something and getting beat. That night I sat on the floor and soon fell asleep. Before I knew it I was dreaming peacefully.

I was running through a meadow with a man and we were having so much fun, until I saw Ricky holding a gun pointed at me. I tried at talk him into putting it down but it was to late and he fired the gun. I screamed at the top of my lungs trying to wake up, but couldn't.

Before I know it I'm being shaken awake and I open my eyes letting tears escape my eyes. "Shh Kitty your ok. I'm here. Shh I'm here." He said holding me close and rubbing my back as I continue to let tears fall soaking his PJ top. I gasp and pulled away from him scared for my life.

"I'm so sorry. I..I didn't mean to it's just that I.... He looked confused. "What didn't you mean to do?" He pulled me closer to him. "Your shirt. I got it wet from my tears. I'm sorry, please don't hurt me!" I begged him. "I would never ever even dream of hurting you. Please get in bed and off of the floor Kitty."

He helped me up and led me to the bed and even tucked me in. He walked to the door and shut off the light. "Uh wait", I said and he turned around,"Ashli". He looked at me confused. "Pardon?" I giggled a little then repeated. "Ashli. My name is Ashli". He smiled and headed to the door once again. "Goodnight Ashli". "Night Michael".
Chapter 3 by mjsgirl13
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashli"s POV

It was around 2am when I woke up screaming again. This was the 3rd time tonight that this has happened, but every time that did happen Michael ran in and held me till I drifted back to sleep. This time was different, for some reason he didn't run in. I was alone and scared in a strange house. I remembered that he said if I ever needed anything, then I could go to his room and get him, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I mean he's a man, but I put that fear behind me.

Throwing my legs over the side of the bed I get up and walk quietly to the large double doors. I walked out of the room and down the long narrow hallway and froze in front of his door. I lifted my hand to knock quietly and listened for any movement. When I didn't hear anything I pushed the rather large door slowly open. Looking around the room in awe at the many different paintings on the wall; my eyes rested on the door leading to balcony and I noticed that it was slightly ajar.

I walk quietly out to the balcony and see Michael siting in a chair, overlooking the property, reading a book. He looked kinda cute with his reading glasses on. I rest my shoulders on the railing and look down. I felt his eyes burning into me and I finally got the courage to speak. "Do you think I can fly?" I said still looking down. He looked confused. "How do you mean?" Michael put his book down on the table beside him. "Like if I jumped from here. Do you think I could fly? Just like a bird?" I crawled up on the railing and kicked my legs back and forth. Michael's eyes widened and he rushed over to me and grabbed my arm. "What are you doing?" He asked lowly, his voice filled with concern. I looked at him with my eyes watering. "Ending it." I felt myself falling, then I felt nothing and strangely I've never been happier.
Chapter 4 by mjsgirl13
Michael's POV

I look over the balcony and she her laying there on the ground below. I run out of the room and down the stairs as fast as my legs will take me. Running outside I drop to my knees to see if she was alive. Careful not to more her body to much I check for a pulse and I feel my body freeze up on me when I realize that she has no pulse. I call 911 and in record breaking time I see them running threw the house into the backyard.

They talked very quickly in all sorts of medical terms. They put her in the back of the ambulance and allowed me to come along for the ride. As we arrived at the hospital boat loads of fans already started to crowd outside. They rushed Ashli into the ER and told me to 'wait' in the waiting room. I sighed clearly annoyed. What a day this has been. I found a girl getting attacked by a man and I ask her to move in with me, then she tries to kill herself. I just wanted to help her, but she needs time to get used to me. She needs to trust me, or she won't tell me anything.

After 3 hours of waiting it was now 5am and I had been up pacing the waiting room, until finally the doctor comes to tell me the news. I just hope that it isn't bad news. "Well, Mr. Jackson... "Call me Michael." I interrupted. "Michael, she's pulling through. She's a fighter. She does have two cracked ribs, a broken leg, and a few cuts and bruises." I let out the breath that I didn't know I was even holding and asked the doctor if I could see her.

The doctor said yes and led me to her room. He left to give Ashli and me some time to talk. I stared at her intently. "Why?" She asked me. "Why what Ashli?" She rolled her eyes and turned the other way looking out of the window. "Why did you save me? That was suppose to be my escape!" She screamed tears running down her face. "Do you wanna talk about. I'm a good listener." I chuckled trying lighten the mood. "No, I don't wanna talk about it." I stroked the side of her face and she smacked my hand away quickly. "No! Don't touch me!" Sighing I sit on the side of the hospital bed and draw circles on her arm with my finger trying to sooth her, but she cringed so I pulled my hand back. "I...uh..I guess I'll go then."

I got up and walked to the door. "It was 1972 when my life started to fall apart". I took a sit right next to her and listened as she continued to talk. "My parents were over achievers. They wanted the best and while my older sister always had success in everything she did, I almost always failed. My parents were disgusted with me. My dad was so disgusted that he left and never came back and my mom from that point on always blamed me.

She got remarried and did everything in her power to make sure that my step-father wouldn't leave. And she let him...." Ashli paused and started to cry. Tears poured from her eyes. I got up and sat on the bed putting my arm around her pulling her close. She cringed, but didn't pull away. I rested my head on her head and silently encouraged her to continue.
"My mom she let him touch me. She would doll me all up and I always thought that we were having some mother-daughter time. I finally got sick of it and called the police, but my mom told them that I was lying and just playing a prank. She beat me that night and kicked me outta the house. I was..uh I was only 12. I was taken in by the sweetest old lady there ever was, her name was Claire. I thought my life was finally looking up, until 4 years later when one night I saw her laying there on the ground dead. The police said she was killed, but never found the killer.

I was in love with this man, Ricky, who I knew Claire hated, but after she died I moved in with him. He beat me almost every day, most times he would beat me within an inch of my life. I tried to leave him, but he always found me. Then I left him one night and then you appeared. You were like an angel that appeared out of nowhere. Now here I am." She finished up. I didn't know what to say, I was speechless.

But I had to know one more thing. "Why did you try to kill yourself?" She pulled away from me and looked me in the eyes with tears streaming down her face. "I wanted to end it. The pain, the sorrow, the broken heart. I wanted it all to end. I heard a voice in my head say no one would miss you if died, so what are you waiting for...jump."

This was just to much to process. At least I know now. I try to get up, but she pulls on my arm gently. "I don't wanna die anymore." That has to be the best thing I've heard all day. I let out a sigh of relieve. "Your not gonna die." I say whilst shaking my head. She smiles tiredly, then falls asleep, because of all the medication she's on right now. I get up heading to door and Ashli whispers. "Please don't leave." I look over to her, it looked as if she was talking in her sleep. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise."
Chapter 5 by mjsgirl13
I can't believe that I spilled all my guts to a complete and total stranger. I can't imagine what he must think of me. Im such a fool, my mom was right I'll never amount to anything. These are the thoughts that were running wild in my mind. Its about 9am i think.
Michael has been here the whole time. He was now sleeping his body spread out over one of the hospital chairs And snoring lightly.

I giggle to myself And try to sit up, then i feel a sharp shooting pain in my chest. Michael shifts in his sleep, then slowly wakes up. He looks over at me then hops to his feet And pushes me back down with a stern look on his face. "You know your not suppose to be sitting up." I coward in fear of getting beat. I felt hot tears stream down my cheeks. Michael sighed," Hey it's ok. Don't cry. I'm sorry." He took his large hand and wiped my tears away. "It's not good for you to sit up". He said in a much more gentler tone. "I'm kinda hungry can you get me so something to eat.........if it's not to much to ask". He looked at me and smiled. "of course". He bent down and kissed my forehead gently before grabbing his hat and heading out the door.

I now hated that Michael left, because now I'm forced to listen to the silence. 5 minutes later I hear a knock at the door and get excited hoping that Michael had come back, but instead it was a nurse. "Miss you have a visitor." I look up at her. "A visitor? Well who is it?" A man stepped out from behind the nurse. "Hey babe you miss me?" My eyes widened in shock. "Nurse what us he doing here?" I panicked. "It's ok nurse Jones. I'll explain it to her. Could you give us some privacy please?" Nurse Jones nodded her head and left the room. "You thought you could get away from me that easily?" I could feel my heart beat quicken for I already knew what was to come. "Ricky.....please just let me live my life." I pleaded. "Your life? You have no life without me don't you get it?!" He screamed pressing down on my already broken ribs.


I screamed out in pain. "Ricky...I...I'm not afraid of you." I said trying to be brave. "you'll always be afraid of me and everyone else. Can't you see your screwed up." He spat," I suggest you get used to it." "I suggest you get your filthy hands off my girl." Michael growled. "Your girl? So now your Michael Jackson's girl?" He laughed, but Michael just stood there clearly pissed off. "What are you gonna do Jacko sing me to death?" "That's not funny Ricky just leave please." Ricky looked at me in disgust then he slapped me hard across my cheek leaving a bruise that throbbed with pain. Michael walked up behind Ricky and tapped him on his shoulder. When Ricky turned around Michael punched him right in his mouth knocking out 3 teeth and Ricky fell to the ground with a thud. Michael called security and had Ricky escorted off the lot.


"Are you ok?" Michael asked with concern filling his eyes. "Yeah...I'm ok....I think." "Good because I have to go take care of a certain problem." I instantly frowned. I didn't like the feeling I got when he wasn't around. I also didn't like the fact that I was emotionally attached to him. Like a child that always want to got everywhere their parents go, but I couldn't help it. "Please don't go." I pleaded. He looked at me and sighed.

"Ok. I'll do it some other time." He walked over and climbed into the hospital bed laying down next to me. I felt myself cringe as he pulled me close weakly both of his arms around me. I slowly eased into his soft and warm embrace. I smiled as I thought things were finally things were finally looking up, but couldn't help that feeling I had in the pit of my stomach that I was wrong. Dead wrong.
Chapter 6 by mjsgirl13
Ashli's POV

The next couple of days went by like clockwork; doctors and nurses coming in and out of my room. Their either taking blood or checking my blood pressure and talking all their Doctor Talk. Every time they say something to me I always have to ask them to say it in English. I feel myself warming up to Michael; like we joke around and stuff, but I'm still very shy around him. I just need more time I guess, but he's been just so sweet and kind and I've been pitying myself. How are things gonna change once I get out of this....hospital, I think I get to leave today, but I'm not sure. These doctors don't tell me anything; I'm always the last to know something even the janitor knows before I do. I sigh when I hear my nurse come in yet again. She flashes me an bright smile too cheerleaderish if you ask me. She rolls in a cart with a bunch if medicine on it, and starts changing my IV bag. "So are you happy to be leaving today? I bet your family can't wait to see you again?" I wince at her comment and shrug. "I...uh..have no family." I whispered wanted to end the conversation with her. "Oh well that's to bad. I'm sorry, but you must have some friends." I rack my brain for a minute before answering. "Yeah, but I haven't spoken to them in a while. I would like to talk to them though." She smiles as she reaches into her pocket. "Here," She says, "Call them." I smile then take the phone away from her.


I call my best friend from high school. She's always been there and she's always right. I know I can trust with anything and she always knows whats best for me. "Hello is this Jayla." I say when I hear someone answer the phone. "Yes it is and who may I ask is calling?" I feel a smile tug at the corners of my lips. "This is Ashli." I say excitedly. She screams into the phone and starts talking excitedly asking a million questions per second.

"Come down girl. Ask one question at a time please." Jayla laughs then tries to calm herself down. "Ok, so how have you been?" I struggle with that question not knowing weather or not to tell her that I'm staying with Michael Jackson. If she found out she'd freak out. "I..uh..left Ricky about a week ago." She gasps. "Oh I'm so happy he's not able to beat you anymore! So who are you staying with?" I gulped knowing there's no way to lie to her. She always knows when I'm lying. "I'm....uh.....I'm staying with Mic..Michael Jackson." I said. All that was heard was silence. "Uh..Jayla are you there?"

She finally started to speak and I knew I was about to get an ear full. "How could you stay with Michael Jackson! He's a complete freak, I'd rather you have stayed with Ricky!" I sighed and began to rebuttal. "He's not that bad. He's actually a sweetheart." She laughed sarcastically. "Haha yeah your right he's not that bad." I blinked in confusion. "Really?" I asked. "Of course not really. Are you out of your damn mind!? How can you trust him?" She asked pissed off. "You don't think I should trust him?" I questioned. "Of course I don't think you should trust him!" She all but screamed into my ear. "I have nowhere else to go, so what do you want me to do?" She sighed. "Fine stay
with him, but whatever you do don't let your guard down."

She says before hanging up. "Well that was pleasant." I say to myself; not knowing someone walking in. "What was pleasant?" I jump realizing that I wasn't alone anymore. "Hey Michael. I...uh didn't hear you come in." I say now scared since my friend told me not to trust him. "Hey, you ok. You look like you just saw a ghost." He chuckled. "Haha...funny. I..um...I'm fine thank you." He didn't look convinced. "Well then you ready to go?" I nodded, but I was now frightened to go anywhere with him. Could Jayla be telling the truth about Michael? Should I or shouldn't I trust him? There's only one way to find out. I have to see all there is to see about this Michael Jackson.
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=290