I'm Living Lonely by MJFan232
Summary:

I'm Living Lonely

What could've happened if Miley Cyrus was caught dancing to the song Stranger in Moscow... by the King of Pop himself?


Categories: Invincible: 2000-2003, Hurt/Comfort Characters: Michael
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: Michael and Miley
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 962 Read: 804 Published: May 13, 2013 Updated: May 13, 2013
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. The Dance by MJFan232

The Dance by MJFan232
Author's Notes:

Miley is a big fan of Michael Jackson. But what happens when she is caught dancing to one of his songs... by Michael himself?

I’m Living Lonely

It was Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, California. Miley Cyrus, sixteen, a purple pen in her left hand, was looking down at the empty page of the notebook in her right hand. Somehow to her, that page looked the exact same way she felt – blank. She didn’t exactly feel… inspired.

Then she turned her gaze to the stereo, and smiled. Setting her notebook and pen aside, she walked over to the stereo and turned it on. After setting the volume to the right level so that only she could hear it, Miley then pressed the button that switched CD tracks until she came to 6, and then pressed Play.

Instantly, the instrumental version of the song “Stranger in Moscow” by Michael Jackson began playing. Listening to it, Miley’s eyes widened, and she felt the rhythm began to flow right through her. With that, she began to dance, spinning around like a ballerina. Then she stopped with her toes pointed exactly how Michael himself would look. Then, after the song ended, Miley switched tracks until the version of “Stranger in Moscow” with Michael singing began playing.

She had always loved Michael Jackson ever since she had first heard of him back in 2003. When his child molestation trial was aired on the news, Miley fiercely defended him, not realizing that he was somehow able to hear her, no matter where she was.

When Michael had first heard the name Miley Cyrus, he instantly knew who she was, and her famous father as well. He had read her book “Miles to Go”, and was shocked and angry at how badly she was treated by those mean girls when she was in sixth grade.

“I will listen to you tonight, Miley,” he whispered as he left for Los Angeles, California, where he knew Miley was staying. “I will comfort you.”

Now, here he was, watching her from the doorway as Miley, not knowing he was watching, knelt and removed her black fedora as the last notes of his song “Stranger in Moscow” faded into the air.



How does it feel (How does it feel)

How does it feel

How does it feel

How does it feel

How does it feel (How does it feel now)

How does it feel

How does it feel

When you’re alone

And you’re cold inside

Like stranger in Moscow

Lord have mercy

Like stranger in Moscow

Lord have mercy

We’re talkin’ danger

We’re talkin’ danger, baby

Like stranger in Moscow

We’re talkin’ danger

We’re talkin’ danger, baby

Like stranger in Moscow

I’m livin’ lonely

I’m livin’ lonely, baby

Stranger in Moscow

I’m livin’ lonely

I’m livin’ lonely, baby

Stranger in Moscow




Feeling good all over, Michael simply stood there for a moment, smiling. He believed that her dance had inspired him, and enraptured him as well. And he liked that… a lot. He always had a liking for his fans whenever they showed him how they learned to dance and simply move across the floor just like him.

Then he said, “Miley, that was beautiful.”

Miley looked up and said as Michael walked over to her, “Thanks, Michael. I didn’t realize you were-”

She stopped in mid-sentence as her eyes widened as he stopped in front of her and she looked up at him. Michael was wearing a purple button-up shirt with buttons on the shirtsleeves, black pants, white socks and black penny loafers. His black hair was smooth, clean and silky, and smelled like strawberries.

Michael nodded. He knew exactly what she meant.

He then purred, “I can see it shows in my looks.”

Feeling flushed, Miley lowered her eyes, hoping she hadn’t been staring too long at him. Michael then knelt, reached under her chin and tipped it up, causing her to look into those beautiful brown eyes. She had heard many women call Michael “deep”, “full of beauty”, “passionate” and “mysterious” whenever they talked about what it was about him that attracted them. Some said it was his hair, black like the raven’s wings. Others said it was his voice – deep whenever he spoke, and high whenever he sang.

Still some said it was the air of confidence and aura of being magical that he had in him ever since they saw him in the video for “Stranger in Moscow”.

Still others said they were attracted to Michael’s sense of style. Whether it was the black penny loafers, the black fedora, the red shirt with button-up shirtsleeves, the black jeans, the white socks or the one rhinestone glove, they all agreed in their belief that Michael looked so handsome and good-looking no matter what he wore.

Miley blushed a bit and smiled as he gently caressed her cheek. Then, after getting to his feet, he reached for her hand and pulled her to her feet. After releasing her hand, he reached with his other hand over to the stereo and pressed the button for switching tracks until he came to track number 6 and pressed Play.

Instantly, the instrumental version of the same song began playing, filling the room with its beautiful, melodious notes.

Michael then turned to Miley and asked, “Dance with me?”

He then held his right hand out to her, and Miley, smiling shyly, took it in hers.

Soon, they began to dance as Stranger in Moscow played. Miley thought she could relate to Michael when it came to feeling like you were the only one in the world, even though there are others around you.

As Michael twirled her around and out, and then pulled her back in, Miley felt as though she was on top of the world – or cloud nine, at least. She wasn’t sure which, though.

Maybe it was a little bit of both.

End Notes:

Nice feedback is very much appreciated, of course. :)

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=3794