A Love Like This by lovingjackson
Summary:

M+T

 

A story fixating on a model and single mother, Tatiana Thumbtzen. In her past, she has had an abusive relationship and that itself has affected her life. She soon hears about a great opportunity from a close friend. Something that will hopefully turn her life around and bless her with something special.


Categories: Bad: 1986-1990, Adult, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Romance, Suspense Characters: Michael
General Warnings: Some Scenes of an Explicit Sexual Nature
Trigger Warnings: Alcohol Abuse, Domestic Abuse
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 12207 Read: 21647 Published: Jul 28, 2013 Updated: May 02, 2016

1. Shattered by lovingjackson

2. Chances by lovingjackson

3. Motivated by lovingjackson

4. Audition #8804 by lovingjackson

5. The Audition by lovingjackson

6. The Phone Call by lovingjackson

7. The Talk by lovingjackson

8. The Start of Something New by lovingjackson

9. On The Run by lovingjackson

10. Pretty Young Thing by lovingjackson

11. Chasing Time by lovingjackson

Shattered by lovingjackson

Warning: The following contains sensitive subject matter.

******

"What woman? What did you say to me!?", the enraged man shouted at the top of his voice. He lifted his hand to her face, causing her to flinch. The fury was evident in his eyes. It was a terrible sight to see. By this time, her face was hot and sore and her arms were entirely covered with bruises. No one could get her out of this. No one could help.

"N-nothing..." she stuttered as tears rolled down her rosy cheeks, soon traveling to the corners of her lips. Her eyes then darted towards the floor, the pain had struck her throughout her entire body. She tried with all her might to keep back her tears, but it had become impossible at this point.

"That's what I thought. Don't you dare talk back to me again, woman. I.. I mean it", he lifted his hand which held a bottle of whiskey, chugging the rest of the fluid down into his system then threw it across the floor. There the glass had shattered and left an unneeded mess. The helpless female continued to avoid any eye contact with the inebriated fool that stood right before her. Immediately, she responded with a nod, hoping that this was it and that this would be over. She wanted nothing more than for him to leave.

"I lov.. love you, Tatiana. I love you. You know that", He staggered towards the door that was cracked, his speech slurred. As soon as he swung it open, Leila had been sitting there on the floor, shedding tears as she looked up at her drunken father. Not showing any kind of emotion, he walked straight past her and left.

Tatiana loathed the fact that their daughter, who was only five had to go through all of this again. What damaged her the most was that she had to catch sight of her like this. With all the wounds, bumps and blood showing upon her frail body.

Using the strength she had left, Tatiana brought herself up from the floor before making her way over to the bed. Once situated, she gently placed her head on the provided pillows. Exhaustion and pain ran throughout her body. Her hand soon clenched the pillow that laid underneath her. Every thought of what she wanted to do to him right then and there occurred, but there was nothing she could do. He'd abused her so many times and every time he would win.

Hearing the door shut, Leila immediately got up and ran to her mother who laid weakly upon the bed. Tears still strolled down her face from the incident. Tears from the pain that he had caused and done to her.

"M...Mommy?", Leila said, before moving closer to her. Hearing her precious voice, Tatiana slowly lifted her arm and allowed the small child to come beneath. Leila carefully moved underneath and hugged her mother with gentleness. The last thing she wanted to do was let her go and had hoped that all the pain she was feeling would go away at that instant. 

The next morning...

Tatiana awakened with severe pains and it turned out to be even worse than the night before. Her daughter was sleeping on the other side of the bed at the time, underneath the blanket, curled up like a sweet angel like she was. Remaining silent, she carefully lifted herself up from the bed and then exited. Her back was aching and the corners of her mouth stung from the heavy fist that jabbed her there.

Now approaching the bathroom, she stepped in and turned on the light to get a good look at herself. She took a step forward and brought her hand up slowly to her face. Her hair all messy and tussled. Water instantly filled her eyes as she stared at what he did to her in the mirror. As one hand reached over for a face towel,  the other turned the water on to wet it down. After wringing it out, the distressed female started dabbing at certain areas among her face in a gentle manner.

"Shit..", she flinches. It hurts, it stings. It took a small amount of time to finally get her face cleaned, blood-free, yet the bruises and cuts were still visible. Placing the cloth down at the edge of the sink, Tatiana got a good look at herself again, but this time with pure disgust and disappointment. "I'm weak, I can't defend myself... I'm useless," she whispers to herself then begins to search through the cabinet for some cover up.  Hopefully, no one could tell, and no one would find out.


Chances by lovingjackson

August 16, 1987

Dear Diary,
It's been almost a year since I've seen my ex-husband. Now that we're divorced and away from each other, life's become much easier, but those haunting encounters still come to my head every now and then. Because of this, I have started to go to therapy, hoping I can solve these issues. He has caused so much damage and heartbreak in my life and I've never felt so low. Not only was this a problem but my daughter was currently without a father. A father to support her throughout life, spend quality time with and tell her the words, "I love you" or "You're my princess." I was the person she could rely on now that he was gone, for the person he used to be was as well. I guess that's what you call a deadbeat. 

Sincerely, Tatiana


Pulling away from the wooden desk, Tatiana closed her journal and stuffed it into the top drawer. It was after ten and by now Leila was fast asleep. Before she got ready to do the same, she decided to go check on her for the night.

Once she made it to her room, she headed towards her bed then took a seat beside her. A calm smile inched across her lips as she reached up and stroked a few strands of hair away from her face. "I love you so much...", were the words that Tatiana softly whispered. Her eyes then darted over to her ears. She got them pierced that day. The light fragments caught the stone and sparkled just a bit from the moonlight provided in the room. Positioning her hand on Leila's back, Tatiana leaned down and planted a soft kiss atop of her forehead.

After spending a bit of time looking over her and her every action, she was in awe at how beautiful she was and how fortunate she was to have her in her life. God, she wanted to give her so much, protect her from anything that would harm her and love her until there wasn't any more affection to deliver. That was her baby girl.

****

The following day...

Tatiana's POV

I attended a photo-shoot along with my very close friend or sister as I should say, Camille. Since it was a Saturday morning, my sister Pam stayed at home with Leila. In the course of this time of the season, my agenda had always grown full of activity. This deeply affected my time with my own daughter, and I knew she hated it. At times, I had wished I never got involved with modeling, but it was one of my passions. It was a dream to live and without a doubt, I could get out and have a successful career by following this path.

Looking up, I carefully watched the stylist pull apart my dark brown curls with her fingertips, making them more voluminous. During that time, I observed my features in the mirror. The light from the bulbs that outlined the vanity had hit my caramel-toned face at every angle, causing it to beautifully stand out. With a raise of my hand, I gently placed my fingertips on my right cheek. There, they calmly ran along a scar that instantly gave me flashbacks of those atrocious happenstances with my abusive ex. It was faded, but I was still able to notice it.

Not only did I have thoughts or flashbacks about him but dreams, nightmares. They were vivid, popping out at me, causing me to remember all of those hard times and the precise details of it. At times, it prevented me from living my life, but with all my might, I tried my best to ignore it and the guy who had done so much destruction in my life.

Taking a deep breath, I shifted my eyes down to my lap, fidgeting with my fingers. My hair was ready to go, all I needed now was to get my face beat.

"Good luck on the set, Tatiana. My job here is done for now..", Elizabeth lightly tapped me on the shoulder and winked at me before walking off. My makeup artist, Trish soon made her way over to where I was with a smile so pleasant, greeting me with a sweet "Hello."

I grinned then looked back into the mirror, waiting for her to begin. "Oh Trish, am I glad to se.."

"Tatiana!" a merrily Camille stepped in with her hands up in the air. I could tell she was excited to see me.

She was absolutely stunning. The shoot had been for a lingerie line and the agency thought it'd be a wonderful idea if we did this one together.

Alana and I go way back, back to where we were just teens, trying to get our break in the big apple—New York City to be exact. People from all around the world visited this place for business, and I knew I'd get somewhere if I traveled out there myself. Camille was the person who introduced me to the world of modeling and I couldn't turn it down, so it would've  been the right move if I brought her along. We were motivated and believed heavily in our dreams, and look where that state of mind put us.

Picking up one of my curls, Camille fixated her gaze on me in the glass mirror. "I love your hair, it looks gorgeous! When are you going to donate some of this to me? Huh?"

With a gentle laugh, I glance over at her reflection then turn my body around, reaching my arm over her shoulder to give her a warm hug. "Not anytime soon, you know how much I love my hair."

"I know, but it never hurts to ask at times. I might get lucky one day", a small giggle escapes her lips and I join in. "I'm so excited about this shoot, Ti. It's been so long since we've done one together," she carefully wraps her arms around my neck from behind then closes her eyes with a pristine smile. This was my best friend, if no one else was there, she would be.

"I agree, I agree...", I nodded. "But I don't know about all of this anymore.. I need to make up time with my daughter. Now that I've been so busy, I don't see her as much as I should. I feel terrible."

With a nod, Camille sits down in a chair beside me. "Yeah, but this is your career. Your dream. It's getting you places, girl! Just take a break every now and then. I'm sure it will make a difference."

"You're right, I guess. I'll just have to think about it. I need to see where all of this will take me", I bite down on my lower lip softly as the artist's brush swiftly moved around my face.

"Bigger and better things...", Camille responded.

******

Later on...

******

"Alright! Give me glam! Show them legs dahlings!" our photographer Tony exclaimed with such attitude and liveliness.

I couldn't help but break out into a fit of giggles while listening closely to his every command, yet I gave a dissimilar pose each and every second. This time, I placed my hand on Camille's shoulder and lifted up my leg, breaking out that beautiful smile which many loved me for.

"Oh, that was beautiful," he soon added on. "Let's take a break. Fantastic work divas."

"Thanks, Tony," Hope spoke as she walked off the set, now messing with the button on her jeans since it was unloose. I walked beside her and took a deep breath. "This is going great so far, don't you agree?"

"Why yes, it is...", I said before approaching my chair to take a seat, a smile still resting along my dolled up face. Camille did the same, but instead checked her hair and make-up in the mirror.

"So, Tati... I wanted to tell you about something. It's an incredible opportunity, and I know you will love it", she reached into her purse that rested on the counter then searched around for an item. Eventually, she pulled out a folded paper and extended her arm out to hand it to me. I raise an eyebrow, and take it away before unraveling it.

"An A list celebrity is looking for somebody to do a role in their video and you just seemed to have the perfect image for it, so I had to let you know about it. It's for the main lady role.. look who is searching!"

With a soft giggle, I open the paper and read a few words before coming across the artist's name..

Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson!? I was wide-eyed in astonishment. Ever since he was a child, I heavily respected him and admired his artistic work and abilities. That strong passion I had for him was still there as well, he was perfect in my eyes, and it showed whenever I watched a video or heard his voice on the radio. I'm sure everyone has their celebrity crush and Michael was certainly mines.

"Soooooo... What do you think? Ya interested?", Hope asked suddenly. "I know how big of a fan you are so I had to fill you in."

"I... I don't know... Will I even make the cut?", I stare heavily down at the paper as my lips press together in fear. "This is such a big step. I don't want to mess up. What if I fall out? This is Michael Jackson for gods sake"

Shaking her head in disbelief, Hope placed a hand on my knee and tried her best to keep back her laughter. "Are you kidding me? You got it all. You can dance, model, and even act. You're beautiful! You'll fit the role perfectly. Just have to try your best and see what will come out of it Ti. And yeah, he's Michael Jackson, but he's a human being like the rest of us. Don't think about it too much. I'm sure he'll take interest.."

Lifting my head, I glanced over at her then to myself in the mirror. She was right, I was a beautiful woman and had so much to offer. But there was another side of me, unsure on what to do because of my nerves taking over.

"Just give me one day. I'll have to think about it and then I will have an answer... Alright?"

Sighing, Camille nodded then rested back in her chair. Her finger flicked at a strand that hung in front of her face. "Okay...but time is ticking. You can do it, girl. Believe"


End Notes:

 Tatiana's bestfriend



 

Motivated by lovingjackson
Author's Notes:

Some confidence was there but then again, she doubted herself. 

"So I decided... I want to do it; I want to audition", she declared as a smile slowly crept upon her lips.

This would be her only chance to meet the person who she greatly admired throughout the years. She knew this was going to be a great shot. Having skills in dance and modeling was perhaps going to get her very far. Then again, there were going to be hundreds or thousands of other girls who were just as talented or even more. This made her anxious.

"Are you serious? You're going to do it!?", Camille responded, her voice very cheerful and content. If it weren't for her encouragement, she wouldn't have said yes.

"Yes, I am," Tatiana told her as her eyes scanned the paper that she received from her a few days ago. "I'm so nervous though. This is Michael Jackson we're talking about'" Much was running through her mind already. She had to come up with a dance routine and she needed to know how to present herself in front of him. Who knows if he was going to show up but she had a feeling. Some confidence was there but then again, she seemed to doubt herself.

"I might not be that good."

"What if I mess up?"

"Will he like what he see?" were thoughts that ran continuously throughout her head. Much of her focus was now on this audition, and she wished for the best. However, there wasn't much time. The audition was taking place in a couple of days and she needed to get everything together.

"I'm sure you know the audition is taking place on Monday. Next week. Don't worry Tat, you'll do amazing. Believe in yourself". Camille told her.

What a great friend she was. Tatiana counted on her for everything. She always gave her the best advice whenever she felt nervous about a fashion show or a dance performance and she would always be there to watch and cheer her on.

Scratching an imaginary itch on the back of her neck, Tatiana nodded with a grin while placing the paper down on the kitchen table. Her nerves were starting to get to her already. "Yeah, I know. I was going to go to the studio today to start working on my routine. Thank you girl"

"No problem!..."

"Ms. Banks, we're about to begin!....", a female voice sounded from her line.

"Oh shoot! Got to go, I'm at a photoshoot. But hey, I'll give you a call sometime tomorrow. Love you! Good luck!" she tells her with joy then hangs up.

"Love you too....", Tatiana says seconds after.

She places the phone down on the hook then reaches over for her car keys. Knowing she had only a few days to create a routine and practice was nerve wrecking. When doing ballet, it took a week or two to get everything right and perfect for a performance. Sometimes more. It was going to take much time and effort.


Audition #8804 by lovingjackson
Author's Notes:

“Yeah, but it’s a worth a try, right?”

The music stopped playing and then there is silence.

Tatiana looked over at her choreographer Justin who was sitting calmly in his chair, his hand over his mouth and his eyes fixated on her.

She rested her hands upon her waist as she took a breather. He wasn't saying anything so that itself had made her panicky. But then again, she had been practicing this routine for three whole days, the big day was tomorrow and she really needed good feedback on her technique and style.

"Well? How was it?" she came out and asked.

Standing up from his chair, he walked over to her and then a smile appeared on his face.

"Tatiana. I loved it, that was quite incredible."

Her eyes widened with joy.

"...The routine was great and I loved how you were really into it. Everything was sharp. I apologize for my long pause, I was still taking all of it in", he finished.

"It's fine...but thank you. That genuinely denotes much. You don't know how nervous I am for the audition...I want to make sure this performance is an A+" she looked down at the floor briefly.

Raising his hands, Justin placed them gently upon her shoulders and met with her eyes. "T, I know you can do this, you just have to believe in yourself. I've worked with you for many years now. You're a wonderful dancer who has the potential. I know there will be thousands of other girls there who are going to audition for this mega role, but don't worry about them, focus on yourself and do your best", he expressed. "Try your hardest, don't give up and you will succeed"

Her expression softened as a smile touched the corners of her lips. His words she took in and kept in mind. This had made her less nervous and more motivated. She loved all of the inspiration and cheer she had been receiving from her friends and family. This always kept her going.

"Trust me, I will. You know this means a lot coming from you", she turned to look into the mirror. He brought his hands back to his sides.

"Okay, I want to go over it a few more times, mind going over it with me?"

"Of course....", he turned and stood right beside her. "From starting position!"

--

Later that day...

It's been a long day, just waiting for hours on end, and her legs are starting to hurt from standing all of this time. She's a bit nervous but knows her routine perfectly well, so all should go very well.

Leila was with her too. The babysitter had a family emergency that night and could not stay to watch her. Knowing that family always comes first, Tatiana understood and endeavored to find someone else but that of course was difficult so she had to bring her along. Hopefully the judges would understand and that there wouldn't be any problems. Leila was a good girl for her age, polite, civil, Tatiana raised her to be that way. What problems?

"Oh my god, do you think Mike is going be in there judging us?"

"I have no clue! I thought it was just going to be a producer or a casting guy"

"Ugh, that sucks. I really want to see him. I heard from someone that he would be there. I really hope he picks me, I mean I do have the looks, the style"

"Not really...you seem to not have any experience at all", a blonde-haired woman shook her head.

"Well the same goes for you"

"Yeah, but it's a worth a try, right?"

Tatiana rolled her eyes as she tuned out the girls conversing next to her. She already knew that she had plenty of experience, in model and in dance. That was what they were looking for.

In addition, ATTITUDE. You have to have attitude.

Just then, the door suddenly flung open.

"Oh my god! Tell me! Is that him!? Can you see Michael!?", one of the women yell out.

"Ugh! No, it's just some other girl!" another one said. There is a massive sigh of disappointment and each girl goes back to what they were previously doing. The next audition number is called.

Tatiana scratched her head and looked down at the floor with a yawn. She's close to falling asleep but she maintained to keep herself up and alive. Her daughter is hugging her leg, very tired as well. It is getting late and it's close to her bed time.

Turning her head, she spotted a short girl staring at her with a sweet smile. She smiled as well and looked back at her awkwardly.

"Oh my gosh, Tatiana Thumbtzen, it's such an honor to meet you!", she swiftly extended her hand. Tatiana looked around then returned her focus to her, sticking out her hand to shake the girls.

"Well thanks...never knew I was 'that' big", she chuckled.

"Well to me you are and I'm sure to many other people. I mean you're a model, I've seen your face in a variety of magazines! Can I get your autograph? My siblings and I absolutely love you" she took out one of Tatiana's modeling photos and handed it to her.

"Got a pen?"

"Yeah! Here ya go! Sorry...", she took a black pen of out her pocket and handed it to her. Tatiana gave thanks and took the cap off.

The women near her look over at her with a snobby look but she didn't pay them any mind.

"I just know you're going to get that role. You seem like the girl Michael describes in the song. You even remind me of him!"

Tatiana forced out a laugh as she signed the photograph. "Oh please, there are thousands of other girls here. I'm sure I'm not the best but thanks"

"You're welcome...but it's true Tatiana and no, thank you", the girl placed the pen back into her pocket and stashed the photo in her notebook she was carrying around. "I wish you the best of luck! And oh! Is that your daughter?"

Tatiana looked down and found Leila looking up at them both, half of her face was behind her leg. She was shy.

"Why yes...her name is Leila. She's shy as you can see"

"It's okay, she's very cute. I didn't know you were a mother"

"Well yeah...this is my first child. May I tell you it's wonderful to be—"

"#8804!" a man abruptly yelled out. He's by an open door with a clipboard in his hand, looking around for the girl whom was next.

Tatiana jumped, startled. Raising her hand, she picked up her daughter quickly then scurried off towards him, pushing herself through the thick crowd and the smell of rich perfume. "That's me!", she fixed the bottom of her dress with her free hand.

"Great. Go in there and do your best. You look great", he told her then looked at her daughter, making a funny face. Leila laughed.

"Thank you"

Turning around, she waved at the girl and blew her a sweet kiss. "Hope to see you again, take care", she told her then entered the building.


End Notes:

Shout out to canyoufeelit for an idea she had given me to put into this chapter. Thank you.

The Audition by lovingjackson
Author's Notes:

His eyes were ever so bright yet began to narrow as he moved even closer to her.

-MICHAEL'S POV-

Standing behind where the auditions were going on, Michael gave a small smirk when he saw the next girl come into the audition. She had permed, thick curls, flowing down her back. She was wearing a short blue dress, which highlighted her bosoms, and black leggings, showing off the elegant curves of her legs. Her beauty had amazed him.

"My god, she's gorgeous," he told his photographer Sam Emerson, who was standing beside him.

"I agree..."

Along with her was a little girl. He smiled at the very sight of her. She was the cutest thing.

"Oh wow, she's a mother," he thought.

"Well...let's hope she gets the role."

"Well let's see how her audition goes first."

"Okay," Michael told him.

-TATIANA'S POV-

"It's not going to take too long, I promise," Tatiana looked down at her daughter. "Stay here, okay?", Leila nods as she stood by the wall then watched her mother walk off.

Coming to a stop, Tatiana shifted her body to see a man with thick glasses and a clipboard on his lap. It was Vincent Paterson, the choreographer. Next to him on the left was Joe Pytka, the director, with his leg over the other, straight-faced. He looked tired for it had been a long day.

"Before we start, I want to apologize. I had some problems with the babysitter, and I couldn't find anyone else to look after my daughter...I'm hoping this won't affect my audition" she tells them both anxiously.

Joe sat up to readjust himself in his seat. "Don't worry. You are fine. Now let's begin quickly for we do have a few others waiting."

"Tatiana...Tu-Thumbtzen, correct?" Vincent looked up from his clipboard then pushed his spectacles up. "I'm sorry. I hope I pronounced that right."

"Oh no, you're good" she smiled and stood there with confidence. Her concentration was intact.

"Okay great, let's get started!" he smiled benevolently. "Now I would like to see you demonstrate some of your dancing ability and character. Did you bring some music to dance to?"

Tatiana shook her head, becoming quite panicky. "No. I did not. I didn't know."

"No, no it's fine. We have music for you, just wanted to see if you had your own. And by the way, it is not the actual song for the video", he stated, "Try your best and feel the music as you dance, okay?"

"Got it," she replied, a little nonplussed. Some of her other auditions worked this way.

He reached over and pressed a button on the tape player. It took a few seconds for the song to begin playing, but when it did, it got her shoulders moving. Not surprised, they had played a song by Michael. "Beat It" was the track.

Tatiana stretched her arms, rolled her neck carefully and shook out her legs.

At this point, she waited for the first verse to begin, concentrating on the beat and the instruments before the vocals ran in. Her muscles start to loosen up as she gets more into it. The music suddenly fills her body and then she danced. The routine she perfectly mastered she began to do.

Dancing was what she had loved, aside from modeling and it was hard to control herself when performing as it had seemed like the music was controlling every limb of her body.

Once the dance came to an end, the brunette strutted across the room with attitude, did a quick spin on her toes, showing off her ballet technique and landed on her feet with pride right when the music stops; her eyes now closed.

"Wow! Ah-maz-ing"

It was a soft voice, with an astounded and enthralled tone.

She then heard clapping, the sound increasing.

Opening her eyes, it was him.

"And that spin at the end was excellent," Michael stated as he came toward her. His hair was down, curls flowing; a few strands of them were falling out around his face. He looked stunning. Imperfections? Nowhere to be found. This man was handsome.

His eyes stood out and began to narrow as he moved even closer to her. He certainly looked tired, but she could understand why.

He then turned and looked at Vincent. "Please put her down for one of the finalists."

"I just....I can't believe this is happening", it felt surreal.

"Well it is!" he smiled, sticking out his hand. "I'm...well you know who I am."

Tatiana stared at him with admiration; she was completely stunned and could not stop smiling. "Of course, I do....I'm Tatiana. Tatiana Thumbtzen"

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Ms. Thumbtzen" he shook hands with her. His grip is firm but cold. "You dance wonderfully. Everything you did in that routine is what I'm looking for. Especially that strut at the end. How long have you been dancing?"

What? She couldn't believe all of this positive feedback coming from a legendary mastermind. Was she dreaming?

"Well, I began to train in ballet at the age of 8. I continued to dance until I reached my teens. Through dance, I acquired a contract for modeling by the age of 19. So dance isn't my profession but I have gained much experience....I'm sorry, was that too much?" her eyes widened. Whenever she was nervous, she talked a lot and at a quick pace.

Michael laughed softly and shook his head. "No, no, I'm starting to know more about you. You are a great dancer."

"Thank you so much..."

"Mommy, mommy!" a small voice shouted out. It was Leila. She ran towards her mother with open arms. Tatiana stooped down to her level then picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry...this is my daughter. Her name is Leila", she looked back at him.

"What a beautiful name. She looks just like you. Hi Leila", he flashed his pearly whites and gently placed his hand on her arm. Tatiana already knew that he had a great love for children.

Leila looked away and hid her face in the crook of Tatiana's neck.

"Sorry, she's a bit shy," she reddened.

"I understand, she's gorgeous."

"Thank you...", Her eyes then directly met with his. His stare was so intense that she had to break it off and look away.

Vincent waved from behind and cleared his throat abruptly. "I'm sorry, but we need to move on with auditions, Michael. There still are a few girls and it is getting late", he checked his wrist watch.

"My bad," he takes a good look at her once more. "I'll see you later. It was nice meeting you, Tatiana...and your adorable daughter."

"It was nice meeting you too, Michael."

He smiled, turning on his heel and then walked away.


The Phone Call by lovingjackson
Author's Notes:

Was I still dreaming? Could this really be happening to me? It was too damn good to be true.

It was close to midnight.

Tatiana finally made her way home from the audition and was bursting with complete delight. The adrenaline was still flowing throughout her body.

Closing the door behind her, her daughter let out an audible yawn before letting go of her mother's hand.

"I think it's time for you to go to sleep, missy," Tatiana took off her jacket and hung it up on the coat rack that was near the door. "I'll be there in a couple of minutes. Get ready for bed, okay?"

Leila nods, rubbing her eye then turns and strolls to her room.

Dropping the keys from her black Honda Civic upon the kitchen table and her handbag that fell to the wool carpet after, she strode hurriedly towards the phone to call her mother, Evelyn.

As always, her mother was the first person she had ran to whenever good had happened within her life. Eventually, the word would get to her father but he was always very busy so they never really talked much.

Tatiana had a strong bond with her adoptive parents. She never knew where her biological parents ended up but had hoped they were okay, and that life was treating them well.

She was only a baby when her parents gave her away. She still did not understand why. Her adoptive parents never sat her down and told her the story. It was only a matter of time until she finally came across the truth that she was taken in. Of course, it had broken her, but the two that had raised her had given her a sweet childhood. She was grateful yet deeply hurt inside.

Throughout the years, it was one of the things that were always on her mind. Hopefully, someday she would find out the truth. But until then, she was pleased with what she already had.

"Mo-mother? Are you there?" Tatiana sat down, clutching onto the phone that she held within her hands.

"Yes, sweetie. I'm here. It's great to hear from you, Tate. I've missed you dearly", she responded. Tate was a nickname her mother had given her after the name change.

Originally, her name was Stephanie but after meeting the supermodel Janice Dickinson, it altered. Janice was one of the people she had admired throughout modeling. She always studied her and practiced her poses in the mirror.

At that time, Tatiana adapted the name, Tiana. She loved the "double T" thing and thought it would work perfectly for her stage name. Frankly, Janice switched it to Tatiana and stuck to that one ever since. Tatiana Thumbtzen. It was exotic, and she loved it.

"I miss you as well mother. I promise I'll come out and visit you and the fam when I stock up on some money. I just called to see how you were, and I also wanted to share some great news with you."

"Well, we can't wait...I'm doing just fine Tate. So what is this "news" you've got for me?"

Tatiana sat up and brought her feet up on the small white sofa she had set in her living area. "Well! I just came back from an audition for another music video! You won't believe who this one is for", her voice becomes slightly high.

"Oh, Tate. Well just go ahead and tell me, I don't want to keep you waiting."

"Okay. Well, it's for...", she tried to maintain herself. "Michael Jackson!"

Evelyn laughed, "That is marvelous! I'm so happy for you sweetie, I seriously am. What an enormous opportunity. I am so proud of you!"

She looked down and played with a strand of her hair. Her cheeks began to hurt from smiling so much. "Thank you, mother. You know I always love to make you proud. I'm still nervous, though. Hopefully, I make the final cut. I even had a chance to talk with him today, he said..." She continued with the conversation; telling her every detail from that precise moment. Especially his smile and how he had pointed at her. She had realized that this chance would most likely change her life. That this would be a dream that would come true.

--

August 31st, 1987 - 6:00 AM

Tatiana was sound asleep. It was a long day the day before yesterday and so much ran through her mind. It was hard for her to go to sleep due to her insomnia. It was something she had dealt with ever since she was a child. The audition was constantly on her mind as well. Sleep was impossible. She tossed and turned so much that she had to get up and walk around a few times. So many thoughts and questions consumed her mind.

RIIING! RIIING! RIIING! Goes the telephone beside her bed. She was a light sleeper so that indeed brought her out of her slumber.

Shooting up, her long messy curls landed upon her face as she looked to her left and then right. Using her hand, she flipped them back and reached for the telephone that proceeded to ring. "I wonder who this could be calling so early," she thought then picked up the phone.

Placing it to her ear, she cleared her throat and gave a tired, "Hello?"

"Morning Tati! It's Julie." Julie was Tatiana's agent who stuck by her since the start of her modeling career. She was wonderful at her job and always informed Tatiana on basically everything when it came to her career. All the special events and huge opportunities like this one.

"Hey, Julie! Morning!" her tired voice shifted to a pleasant one.

"How are you doing, Tatiana? Did last night go well for you?"

She moved the blankets off of her and switched her body around to where her legs were hanging off the bed. "It was perfect. I think I did a good job; I even had a chance to speak with Michael. I'm telling you; it was an incredible experience."

"That's amazing! I bet he was cute", she chuckled.

"That he was. Handsome as could be."

"Well, I have some great news for you. Michael's manager talked to me earlier and gave me the dates for when you will be shooting. Yes, Tatiana. You got the role! You are going to be the lead girl!"

Was I still dreaming? Could this be happening to me? It was too good to be true.

"Tatiana? Are you still there?" she inquired.

She nodded and grasped the phone tightly. "Yes, yes! I'm here...I just needed a second. I can't believe it, Julie!"

She was so close to screaming as bliss filled her body at that moment. She was going to work with the man who inspired her throughout her lifetime. Could life get any better?

"No problem! I'm so happy for you. What an enormous opportunity this is. Do your best and don't let anyone get to you", she responds.

Following, Julie told her the dates of when they would start shooting and the places she would need to attend for rehearsals. "Have a great day and good luck!"

Tatiana finished writing down the rest of the information and placed the pen down with a smile. "Thank you, thank you. I will".

Hanging up the phone, she got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. But before she could, another phone call had come in. Turning around, she walked back and answered. "Hello?"

"Goodmorning. Is this Tatiana I'm speaking to?"

"Yes, this is her"

"Well hello, Tatiana. It's Michael..."

Her face froze as her heart dropped to the bottom of her stomach.


The Talk by lovingjackson

- TATIANA'S POV –

Wow. Was this seriously happening? I became frozen, unsure of what to say or even do. I'm pretty sure other girls could relate if they were in my shoes. I'm talking to Michael Jackson for god's sake. If you needed to know the definition of perfection, it equaled him. Everything he did was simply magic. He was unique and extremely succulent. Oh gosh. Get it together, Tatiana.

"Hello? Are you still there?" he softly chuckled, conceivably detecting my enthrallment.

I cleared my throat and brought myself back together. "Yes, I am! I apologize...it's wonderful to hear your voice again Michael."

"Don't sweat it Tatiana. I'm glad to hear yours as well. I was just calling to see how you were and if you received the news."

I returned to my bed and sat on the edge. His voice was sweet and soft. It melted my ears. "I'm doing just fine, thanks for asking. I also got the news before you called. You honestly don't know how much this means to me. This was something I have been fighting for, and I want to thank you for giving me this opportunity".

"Well, you're certainly welcome Ms. Thumbtzen. You have a beautiful gift, and I wanted you to show it by doing this video with me. To be honest, you stood out the most out all of the other ladies", he giggles quietly.

I stood out the most? This was more than flattering. Of course, I gave it my all and hit every step but I didn't think I would turn out to be perfect and pristine. Not only was I judged on my moves, but also my appearance and attitude. I never had much confidence in myself and always dealt with self-esteem issues after I got with "him". I can recall being called "ugly" or was told that I "wasn't all of that" every time he was intoxicated.

"Thank you, that means a lot to me, Mr. Jackson..."

"Call me Michael."

I nod and smile calmly, "Will do. I apologize."

"It's okay. But I was just calling to check in; I was also wondering if you want to get together before we shoot. I would love to get to know you more", he responds. "Plus it'll be a great start".

My eyes widened with exhilaration. I could feel my heart beating even faster. I was in complete fan girl mode. It was just surreal that I was talking to my idol and now working with him. My wish had become true. However, I didn't want to come off too easy.

"Well, I'll have to check my schedule to see if I'm busy. I'll get back to you on that."

"That's fine. Just let me know. I'm sure you have my number, correct?"

I nod my head and loosen my grip on the phone. "I do".

I could hear some talking and noise in the background. Seemed like he was busy. As always. He takes a deep breath before speaking again. "Great, don't lose it," he chuckles. "I'm sorry to say this, but I have to go now, Tatiana. I have a lot going on today. It was wonderful talking to you, though...I'll catch you soon."

"It's fine; I'll make sure to get back to you," I say. He tells me goodbye then hangs up the phone.

I placed the phone down then stared at the floor, gathering my thoughts and feelings after that moment. My hands move over my face as I take everything in. It felt like my soul left my body. The feeling was that high.

-MICHAEL'S POV -

Her voice was so sweet and innocent.

I looked down at the folder that carried her profile and images. She was such a beautiful woman who had big dreams and goals in life. I honestly couldn't wait to see her again. There was so much to learn about her, and there was so much to look forward too.

"Are you going to be staring at that girl all day or are we gonna get to business?", Bill, my bodyguard who I have had by side for almost four years now, comes up from behind me. I hope he wasn't there for the call as well.

"Sorry, I was just going over some things. We got a good girl for the role", I place everything back together and stash it underneath some paperwork.

Bill puts his hand on my shoulder as soon as I turn around. "Sure you were...she's a gorgeous woman. Developing feelings already?"

"Oh, please! No. I barely know the woman, so what can I say?", I blink a few times, not sharing any eye contact.

"From what I see...much...", he giggles. "I was just kidding with ya, man. But seriously, we have to get to this project", he pats my back and from there, we both walk out of the room.

-

It was getting close to the day of the shoot, and there was just a bit more to go over. Such as the video and how everything was going to play out. It was a love song, expressing the yearn to be with a special somebody who was worth the second look. Would that come to reality?


The Start of Something New by lovingjackson

- TATIANA'S POV -

6:00 AM.

I awaken at the sound of my alarm clock ringing. I loathed early mornings for all I wanted to do was stay in bed and catch up on my rest. I was a busy woman indeed, but everyone needed a break now and then. But not today. I reminded myself that today was going to be the start of something new. A new journey for me to explore and to partaken in. It was something I could not get my mind off of, and it was something I had always talked about to my friends and family. A few even had to rush me off the phone and snap me back to reality. I couldn't help it, honestly. I'm working with the one and only, the king of pop, the ruler of all rulers. Okay, am I saying too much?

I giggle at the thought and rise from my comfy bed. I had to be at rehearsals by 8 AM. Sharp. Knowing that Michael was quite the perfectionist and did not fool around when it came to his craft, I made sure that I was on it and especially on time. 'No games. No fooling around. Stay. On. It.'

I look over at the clock sitting on my side table. It was 6:15, I still had a bunch of time to get ready. When it came to early mornings, I took my time due to tiredness but a nice warm shower would fix all of that.

Moving my fingers through my tousled curls, I slip on my house shoes and head towards the bathroom to freshen up.

- MICHAEL'S POV -

"And 5, 6, 7, 8," choreographer Vincent Paterson spoke before dancing full out to the music playing. I quickly move along and study myself in the mirror. I always kept everything sharp and precise. Messing up was not an option.

By the end of the sequence, I pat my face with the towel that rests along my neck and move my hand up to show a 5, indicating a 5-minute break. Everything was coming along just fine, and I was excited about the whole process of my short film. Especially today. I got to work alongside the girl I had chosen for the video. Her name, it was Tatiana I believe...yeah, that was right. She was stunning and amiable. I knew everything would be just fine, that we would connect and have fun.

"Mike! Ready to go over it again?", One of the fellow dancers spoke out to me with his hands on his hips. I nod as a response.

"Yes, 1 second...", I said before reaching over to grab my cold water bottle and took a big gulp before returning to the floor.

"It's looking good; everyone seems to have the steps down. I suggest going over it only a few more times so that everything will just stick and then we can end it."

"Sounds cool to me, Mike," one dancer said.

And another...

"Same. Great job you guys."

I place my hand on my forehead and wipe off some sweat, "You guys are fantastic. Ready?...Hit it!"

- TATIANA'S POV -

"Mommy, I want to come with you!", Leila whined as I rushed through the hallway while placing an earring on. It was 7:30 and I needed to leave immediately.

"Sweetie...Pam is going to be here any minute to watch you while I'm away. I'll be back around evening time, okay? Mommy has to take care of some business", I respond before checking my appearance in the mirror. I move a curl over and out of my face then took a deep breath. Calm down, Tatiana.

Leila had huffed and crossed her arms. "I'll miss you, mommy."

Turning around, I walk towards her and kneel down. "Aw, I'll miss you too baby girl. I love you so much, okay?", I smile broadly.

"I love you too," she leans in to move her arms around my neck for a hug then finishes off with a kiss on my cheek.

I rub her back gently and kiss her forehead, "That's my girl..."

Raising up, I look down at my watch to see the time. "Where is that damn sister of mines?", I say underneath my breath.

RIIIIIIIIING!

"Oh, thank god," I rush over to the door to open it, and there she was.

"Great to see you, I love you, but I gotta go!", I walk hurriedly out the door and slam it slightly behind me.

"Wait! Aren't you...forgetting...ugh."

With widened eyes, I stop in my tracks and turn back around to open the door. "I forgot..."

Pam holds out the keys to my car, along with my brown duffle bag that held my dancing wear.

"Such a lifesaver, thank you," I chuckle and took my belongings. Leila walked up after with a cheeky smile, "Mommy! Tell Michael I said Hi, please!"

I beamed at hearing those words and leaned down to kiss the top of her head.

"I won't forget. I love you so much".

Later on...

"Are you kidding me?", I look at all the traffic before me. I was almost there. Could this morning get any worse? I was running late as it is. Why me God?

My eyes shift over to the radio to check out the time. 7:50. I had only 10 minutes to be there and who knows what could happen if I was late.

The cars in front now make their way across and then I turn onto another street before getting hit with a red light.

The building where the rehearsals took place, I could see from afar, but I knew finding a parking space was going to be a difficult situation. Out of luck, I came across the last space along the road. There is a God!

7:55

My nerves struck me like lightning as I backed up quickly yet carefully into the provided space. It only took me one try to get my vehicle situated, and then instantly I grab my belongings and storm out of the car.

"Shit," I spoke with irritation, coming across the meter along the sidewalk. This was going to take even more time. Stressed, I run my fingers through my curls and look towards the building. My legs start moving, for my body tells me to hurry, to run and that's what I did.

-MICHAEL'S POV-

'Where is she?', I wondered while sitting in a chair, looking at myself in the wall-mounted glass mirror.

It was a few minutes after 8, and I kept checking the door to see if she would come through it.

My dancers were sitting in the back, chatting up a storm and taking a break after the long rehearsal.

Getting up, I started to walk back and forth for a bit. I didn't want to get the wrong impression of her, I wanted her to take this job very seriously, and everything just had to get done on time. I was a busy man and had things to do.

 

 

On The Run by lovingjackson

-TATIANA'S POV-

I was almost to the building where the rehearsals were taking place and in full panic mode since I was running so late.

"Excuse me...Sorry!", I say to each person passing me by as I struggle my way through the thick crowd, each pounding the pavements of L.A. Hopefully, he would understand my situation.

There I was, still getting used to the city. I just moved out here a few months ago. Before that, I resided in New York City.

I loved New York. It was a multiracial and multicultural city and for the first time, I had fit right in. I was no longer the odd one, and soon I was smitten with the commercial element of showbiz.

I always remember being picked on in school. Deep down part of me felt guilty for loathing school when my parents were both teachers. But I still hated it. It was impossible to concentrate. I can recall a moment when a student had shoved me against the wall.

"You ain't black, you ain't white, what color you is anyway? I bet you do not even know." When I replied, "I'm the color you see I am," she instantly blew up.

After those words had come rushing out of my mouth, I prepared myself to die, but I had spoken with confidence. To my shock and pleasant surprise, she had walked away and said, "You think you're a smart ass." But I was only telling the truth. She asked me what color I was, not what race.

To me, color meant pigment, not race.

The experience opened my eyes to the differences in people for the first time. I noticed the kids at my school were either black or white. I was the oddball. I learned the black kids hated that I was so close to looking white. The girls especially hated it. I guess they felt I could pass for white if I wanted to. However, some of the white kids gave me an odd look, like I did not fit in with them at all. Some experience, aye?

Reaching into my coat pocket that held a piece of paper carrying the address, I skim it before looking up at the building number I had come across.

"276...this is it," a smile emerged on my lips as I motion towards the double doors. Two tall, heavy-set men stood on each side. I could understand why they were there; Michael always had security with him. As I looked around, I had spotted several men standing along with cameras. Of course, I knew who they were there for. The paparazzi were very invading. It was surprising to me how they found out about every place a celebrity would be heading. These people seriously had no lives.

"Hello, my name is Tatiana. Tatiana Thumbtzen. I'm supposed to meet up with Michael here. For rehearsals? I'm the leading lady for his upcoming video", were the words that rushed out of my mouth. The bodyguard on the right who was wearing black shades responds, "I'll need to see some I.D. miss."

Oh how wonderful, more time to lose.

Reaching into the pouch of my duffle bag, I felt around for my wallet until I finally came across it. Opening it, I quickly took out my I.D. and held it up towards him. My heart was continuing to race as my eyes peered down at my watch again. It was almost 8:30!

"Okay, come right in Ms. Thumbtzen", he responds by opening up the door. I rush in and scamper down the hall until I had come across the room that was alive with instinctive chatter.

-MICHAEL'S POV-

"Look, if she's not here in the next—"

I turn my head, and my eyes darted towards the door that flew open. There she was, I could tell she had been rushing. Her breathing was audible from across the room.

"Well, she's here now," I told my good pal, Leland, who was the casting director of the video. "Hey, she's new. Just give her a chance."

Of course, I was a tad bit frustrated considering it was already a half an hour later but then again, I understood her circumstances. I was behindhand at times and had people waiting for hours. But hey, I was a busy man.

"I'm just...I feel terrible. It was hard for me to find a parking spot, I wasn't too familiar with this area", she walks towards me, utterly shamefaced. "Yell all you want, I deserve it."

Viewing her attentively, I shake my head with a cheeky grin. The sweat appearing on her forehead and chest made me bite my lower lip. Whenever I was face to face with a beautiful woman, I became awestricken.

My eyes shift towards the floor for a short moment, "But you're here now, right? That's all that matters, Tat—"

"—Just try not to let it happen again, miss. We have deadlines", Leland interrupts in a stern tone. I nudged him and gave him a look.

"I-I promise. It won't happen again! Thank you for understanding", she steps back then turns away. I watch her as she walks off to a corner to drop off her belongings.

Leland raises an eyebrow as he turns his attention towards me. Soon, he wanders off and exits the room.

Exhaling deeply, I turn on my heel and get a good look at each dancer that attended the session, "Alright, that's it for today, guys. We'll meet up tomorrow at the same time. You all did an excellent job."

"Mike, you da man!", one of them called out. I laugh and raise my hand as a gesture of appreciation.

Soon, each guy walks out and then the room contained just her and me. She was now in a different set of clothing, everything looked right and fitting, and I could not help but stare. The gal had a petite body but was curvy from the waist down to below.

Turning my attention away and down to the shoes on my feet, I rubbed the back of my neck and spoke, "Joe will be here any minute. He's the director of this short film and will be guiding you."

She turns and walks towards me, her hands holding one another.

"Oh, well I thought you would be the one doing that. You *are* a mastermind."

A pleasant smile floated across my face, but I raised my hand and placed it over my mouth to hide it. "Thank you, but I can't do everything on my own," I responded in a soft tone. "He's just going to tell you what to do and where to go. It will be simple."

-TATIANA'S POV-

Standing near his side, I placed my hands behind my back and took a slow deep breath. Everything still seemed so surreal to me. Being in the room with him just had my nerves tingling. I did not want to mess up; I wanted to leave with him being impressed.

"Sounds good to me, Mr. Jackson"

He turned his head to look at me, "Michael, remember?" My cheeks suddenly reddened as I nodded, "Yes, yes, I'm sorry."

"Hello, hello people. Nice to see you both here", a guy comes into the room with both of his hands in his pockets. He was one of the judges from the audition. Raising my hand, I wave and say 'Hello'.

"It is great to see you again, Mr. Pytka"

"Please call me Joe. And don't call Michael, Mr. Jackson. He hates that. If wondering, I overheard you guys in the hall."

I glance over at Michael, his cheeks were slightly red. This made me smile as I looked down to the flat surface.

"Thanks for making that clear," I responded.

"Alright! Well let's get started, shall we?" Michael brought his hands together, making a clap then looked into the mirror. His eyes darted towards mines, causing me to freeze up. Looking at Joe, I nodded and awaited for his instruction.

 

Pretty Young Thing by lovingjackson

TATIANA'S POV

"See? It wasn't that bad", Michael spoke before placing his hands down into his pants pockets. A smile grew upon my lips as I kneel down to grab my belongings. Leland had already departed and now the room only contained us. Surprisingly, I was not as nervous as before and became more comfortable in his presence. I started to forget about the whole superstar persona and now the true person behind it. From what I was witnessing, he seemed so peaceful.

"It wasn't", I responded as I placed my jacket on. "All I have to do is walk and strut. The easiest steps I have ever learned!", a chuckle escaped from my soft pink lips as I placed the strap of my duffle bag over my shoulder.

"Yes, yes...and I must say, you do it so well. How long have you been dancing again?", he inquired.

As I sat down in a chair that was against a wall, I grabbed my water bottle from off the floor before speaking, "Ever since I was a child. I grew up watching musicals that consisted of ballet. Everything about it seemed graceful, so I just...happened to grow a love for it", I smile broadly and twist the cap open to take a small sip.

"Interesting. Have you learned any other types?", he walked towards me as his hands joined together.

"As I got older, I did. Mostly jazz, tap, modern, hip-hop...the list goes on", I wave my hand in the air and chuckle.

"That's quite amazing. You seem like a woman with many talents. That was one of the reasons why I had picked you...", he rubs the back of his neck in a shy manner, flashing that remarkable smile of his once more. What I was feeling deep inside seemed hard to put in words. I still thought this was all just a dream and that I would be waking up at any moment now.

"Words can't explain how thankful I am. I..."

"Oh Tatiana, you've thanked me enough. I just hope this opportunity works out for you and you'll have a great time. You are going to be great", he nods and reaches for a towel that hung off the barre. "I hope you've been informed with all the details. We're going to start shooting in a few weeks."

I sat there listening closely to every word he said, like a student in a classroom. I nod my head in response, "Why I do. My manager has told me everything that I need to know."

"Good", he smiled and lightly patted his face before walking towards the mirror, "Mind going over this one part with me again? I want to make sure I have it down"

Placing my things back down on the wooden floor, I remove my jacket and hang it on the back of the seat. After, I rush to his side with a bashful smile creeping upon my lips. "What is that you need to go over?", I asked. He reaches over to gently take my hand and then positions myself in front of him. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I look into the mirror to watch him.

"This is when you finally stop and I come across you and basically...check you out", he lets out a giggle. "I just need to get the movements right. If you have somewhere to go then I understand", he sticks his head out from behind me and meets up with my eyes in the reflection.

Jesus, I'm about to go into fangirl mode but like always, I maintain myself and take a deep breath before responding. The touch of his hand against my arm sent chills down my spine and his intense stare had me feeling a certain way.

"Tatiana?", he spoke softly, snapping me back to reality.

"O-oh yes! It is fine, I have nowhere else to go. Take all the time you need"

Michael chuckles and takes a few steps back, "Great. So stay right there for me...and turn around to face me, please?"

MICHAEL'S POV

I can't help but check her out. Her physique was admiring and she had such beautiful curls that flowed down her back. In a way, I kind of saw myself in her when it came to appearance. That was another reason why I had chose her and for some reason, I was smitten with the gal.

My eyes immediately trail down to the floor once she turned my way. I got into this presumptuous character and envisioned the scene in my head. Then I began...

I walk up to the female in a gradual manner then pause to look her straight in the eyes. They were beautiful and bright, almond shaped with a brown sugar tone. Soon after, I walk around her, my eyes passing over every inch of her body that I had loved, especially those slick curves. They end up stopping at her ass and I noticed she had much cushion there in those yoga pants. God all mighty. I bite down on my lower lip and suddenly had the urge to reach out to touch it but of course I wouldn't do such a thing. No disrespect. I'm a gentleman.

Before I can stare any longer, she turns around and faces me again. My eyes dart to the floor to be safe. This time she looks me up and down and stops at my face. My eyes raise to hers and that's when a smile breaks out among my face.

Crossing my arms, I swallow the lump in my throat and spoke without agitation, "That's it." I got what I wanted and enjoyed every second of it. "You did a good job, Tatiana. Have any acting experience?"

She retorted sarcastically, "Do you?"

I place my hand over my mouth and chuckle softly. This girl had some fire to her, "I can see you're going to be a lot of fun."

~~~~~~~~

If you can, comment and tell me what you think so far of the story or the chapter. This would be very encouraging
New chap. will be coming soon!


Chasing Time by lovingjackson

-PAM'S POV-

(FYI: Pamela is Tatiana's sister but they are not biological.)

 

"When is mommy coming back?", Leila whined and looked up at me, pulling on my arm lightly as it had been hours since she had last seen her.

 

I bend my knees and rest upon them before taking both of her hands to hold, "She will be back soon, just hold on for a bit", I responded with a deep sigh. 

 

As I looked at her, I shook my head and began to think back on when my sister was barely at home to be with Leila. I understood how busy of a women she had become once her career had flourished, but she needed to realize that she had a daughter to take care of. A few changes happened before she got this major role, now it seemed like she was back to her old routine and I was back to being her babysitter. But I did not mind at all. I loved my niece and enjoyed her company. 

 

"Okay. Can we make some cookies? Mommy loves chocolate chip!", her eyes lightened up.

 

"We can, I'm sure she'll love them", I reached down to take her small hand and guided her towards the kitchen.

 

-TATIANA'S POV-

 

Looking down at the watch that hugged my wrist, I checked the time. It was getting close to noon and I had to make it back home to get to my daughter. But before I could leave, I felt someone's hand grab my arm, yet in a gentle manner, bringing me to an abrupt stop. As I turn my head, it was Michael again.

 

"Before you go Tatiana, I wanted to know if you were still up for that offer. You do remember what we talked about on the phone the other day, right?", he released my arm then slid his hands down into his pockets, biting down on his lower lip. I always found this to be sexually suggestive. 

 

Clearing my throat, I readjusted my bag on my shoulder and nodded in response. 

 

"Yes, I remember. Wasn't this kind of getting together though?"

 

"Not really, this was just work, business. I wanted to go out and have lunch with you or something. We need to...how do I put it? Explore each other more"

 

"Explore each other?"

 

He shuffles on his feet, withdrawing eye contact from me, "Yes, as in get to know each other. I feel like we have much in common"

 

A smile grew upon my lips as I watched him closely, the shyness was evident in his posture. "Okay. We can do that, but I don't want to stay out for too long. I told my daughter that I would be back after the rehearsal"

 

"I understand", he grabs his chin, "Well this is your daughter so we can always reschedule" 

 

"Well, it wouldn't hurt if I was out awhile longer. It shouldn't take too long" 

 

"If you insist. I'll make sure to get you home safely, Tatiana"

 

I shake my head, "No need to do that. I brought my car and it would not be smart to just leave it here", I chuckle. 

 

He raises his head and directs his eyes towards mines again. His dark chocolate orbs were fine like wine. "Well, we will just have to take your car then", he tapped his foot lightly against the floor. 

 

Oh no, not my car. It wasn't as fancy as the cars he rode in, and would he really want anyone seeing him roll in an old vehicle like I had? What a great way to embarrass myself.

 

"A-are you sure? We can just meet each other there", I spoke timidly. 

 

"Would you prefer that? I just thought it would be easier, but whatever you're comfortable with Ms. Thumbtzen", he stepped aside and opened the door, escorting me out of the building. "Can I at least take you to your car?"

 

He was such a gentleman, respectable, well-mannered. His mother taught him well. Even though I did not want him to see my car, I just couldn't say no to his sweet gesture.

 

"Alright. I guess you can do that", I begin to move alongside him on the sidewalk, my car was parked at the end of the street. 

 

Oh, wait. My car. Street...Meter!!!

 

"Shit...", I spoke underneath my breath and began to walk faster till I ended up hurriedly moving on my feet. 

 

"Tatiana!", Michael yells out and starts to follow after me. People on the street swiftly turned their heads as soon as they heard his soft voice, and of course that went all bad for him. 

 

"Oh my god, it's Michael Jackson!"

"What!?!?"

"Yes! He's right there!!"

"AHHHH!!!", screamed a girl that ended up shouldering me as I rushed on by. Of course she didn't apologize. Her and everyone else were too star-struck by the superstar.

 

-MICHAEL'S POV-

 

"Oh no...", I look ahead and start to walk back quickly, shifting my body around soon after to run away. 

 

 

Ugh! Why did I do that? I was nowhere safe in public. The fans and the media were so attached to me, and it was something I probably will never get out of.

 

"Michael, I LOVE YOU!", a female cried out as I rushed towards my bodyguards. They were near the entrance doors, and immediately came to my rescue as I ran past them, then back inside the building. 

 

"Let me just touch him!!", one girl yelled out as I closed the door behind me, making me laugh some. My love for my fans were so very deep. They were like my family and they inspired me to work hard and deliver. I owed them much.

 

As I walked down the hall, and back to the studio, I gathered my things and headed towards the back to exit to the alleyway where my 'escape limo' would be awaiting. I suddenly thought about Tatiana, and I felt kind of bad to just ditch her but I had no choice. I could either run or get ripped apart by thousands of fans along the street. Being smart, I took the safe route. 

 

Opening the door, I walked out and straight into the vehicle. I gave a quick nod at the driver before he closed it. My head rested back against the cushioned headrest while my body slouched in the leather seats.

 

"Robert, do you mind doing something for me?"

 

"Not at all Mr. Jackson. What is it that you need?", he looked up into his rear view mirror, making eye contact with me. 

 

"Can you drive to the street that's in front of the building? I'm looking for someone"

 

"Will do, sir"

 

I just had to get to her before she left. Hopefully, she would be waiting for me. If not, I always had her number to get in contact with her again. But it would turn out to be a real bummer since I was looking forward to spending more time with her. Quality time, that is.

End Notes:

Working on the other chapter now. Sorry for keeping y'all waiting. Been REALLY busy. D;

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4219