Rock With Me by BDFbilliejean
Summary:

This is a story about a girl that grew up with MJ, they are the same age, all their lives they are best friends, but will that become more throughout the years? You will have to find that out for yourself! Thanks and enjoy!

 


Categories: Off The Wall: 1975-1981, Thriller: 1982-1983, Fantasy, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Romance Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2430 Read: 3247 Published: Aug 30, 2013 Updated: Aug 30, 2013

1. Flashbacks by BDFbilliejean

2. Surprise! by BDFbilliejean

3. Good Morning Sunshine! by BDFbilliejean

Flashbacks by BDFbilliejean

Flashback 1966
I was sitting on the soft green grass picking petals off of flowers like any 8 year old girl would do. I was lost in my thoughts until I felt a gentle poke in the middle of my back.
I paused for a moment then turned around real quick to startle the person right behind me because I knew exactly who it was.
"Boo!" I yelled, he jumped back and fell on his butt with a small thud.
He stared at me for a second then we both automatically started busting out laughing at our actions.

After we finally stopped laughing and caught our breath he looked at me, "So why are you out here by yourself and not with your friends? *cough* me *cough*.."
I giggled, "I don't know, I was bored and just wanted to relax for a little bit. Anyways what do you want to do?"
He sat there for a moment then out of the blue punched my arm lightly, "Your it!!" And with that he took off like a lightning bolt with me shortly behind him.
"That's not fair!!!" I yelled after him.
We played and laughed for the rest of the day until it was time for us to go home.
End of Flashback

"Breanna, Breanna? Hello earth to Breanna!"I heard a voice echo through my thoughts.
I shot up off the couch once I landed back on earth from la la land, "Who, what, when, where?!" I looked at my best friend Keke, now alert and awake.
She laughed for a second, "What in the world were you thinking about this time?"
I looked at her like: You know exactly what I was thinking about.
She shook her head, "I know you miss him but he will be back.. It will only be what, like 3 months?"
"Ya but still he has been gone for a year and a half now! I don't know if I will last 3 months!"
She frowned with a sort of goofy look, "Well that lets me know where I stand here!"
I knew she was trying to make me smile and/or laugh, so I let a smile spread across my face but only for about 3 seconds. She sat down next to me, "Hey its ok, I understand I really do, I love ya girl, don't ever forget it!"
I smiled at her. She got up and walked to the door, she waved, "I'll see ya later."
I kept looking down, "K."
She walked out the door...

OK so here's the thing, Me and Mike (What I call him) Have been BFF's since the age of 3. We were both born in August, him on the 29th and me on the 17th. Our parents are even close!
Hard to imagine being close friends with Joe I know but it just seemed to work with them, but hey me and Mike don't mind it makes it easier for us to visit each other.
We tell each other everything, do everything together, even pull pranks on people together. Well at least, we use to that is. You see, Mike and his bro's went on tour for a while and on top of that they even moved to Cali. But thank God that my dad got a job down there so we could move there too after I begged them literally everyday, I guess it worked. 
Anyways, we live 5 houses down from each other so it was pretty easy to hang even with their crazy times where they had to do this or that but Joe didn't mind me being there, friendship remember?  Until they went on that tour they have been gone for what seems like forever only to turn out to be a year and a half.
I was calling him and talking to him but it got so crazy that he couldn't even talk on the phone or send letters, so the only time I see them is on TV now.
Oh how I hope to see them soon.. Also current year is 1973 so we are both 15 and it is July 14.


I was sitting on the couch staring at on old photo album filled with fond memories of little me and Mike, then all the the sudden the phone rang startling me. I got up to answer it.....

Surprise! by BDFbilliejean

Once I got to the phone I stood there for a moment just staring at it. I finally picked it up, "Hello?"

Phone convo
???: Hi is Breanna there?
Me: This is she, may I ask who is speaking please?
???: Guess.
Me: Hmmmm... Let's see, oh oh I know! Stevie Wonder!
???: Ha no! It's me Michael!
Me: OMG no crap Sherlock?!
Mike: Ha ha I sense sarcasm.. Wow, your voice has gotten deeper since the last time I talked to you! But you are still country slain just like I remember.
Me: Yea whatever, anyways whatcha been doing lately? Haven't heard from you in like 4 months!
Mike: Yea I know, I have just been so busy lately.. I just haven't had the time to call you even though I think about you all the time... I mean you and your family that is, heh...
Me: Oh yea, I understand that your busy, it is the life of show business! Oh and about the "thinking of me" thing, don't be embarrassed, I just have that effect on people!
Mike: Ha Ha well that is for sure! And I'm glad that you're not upset about me not calling and stuff, I just don't want you to be upset with me.
Me: Yea..... Anywa-
Mike: Hey one more thing.
Me: Yea?
Mike: Go and open your front door.
Me: But-
Mike: NO BUTS! Just trust me on this OK?
Me: OK! Fine, but I better not have some monkey ninja thing jump out on me.. AND NO SPIDERS!!!
Mike: Don't worry, no spiders... And what is a monkey ninja thing?! Anyways bye!!
Me: Wait!

End

I was right at the door when he hung up on me. I looked at the phone kinda ticked off and confused, "Why in the heck did he just hang up on me like that?! After 4 months!! AHHH I don't get boys!!"
I opened the door, I instantly dropped the phone on the floor. My eyes wide, my mouth agape, and my hand still in the position as if there was a phone still there.
"MICHAEL?!", I screamed.
He started laughing and dragged me into a hug. I finally got out of my daze and hugged back, I seriously did not want to let go it had been so long. Unfortunately all good things have to come to an end, including that hug, dang it.
He looked at me, "Wow look at you. So pretty and- and girly!"
I blushed at the pretty part, then punched his arm playfully about the girly thing. I dont like being called girly ok? I mean sure I am pretty girly but not all the way, therefore not considered girly!
He rubbed his arm and made a pouty face trying to get me to say sorry. Didn't work, I just hit him again on the other arm.
I laughed, "And that is for not calling me!"
He smiled and shook his head. It was an awkward silence until I finally broke it, "Soo what do you wanna do?"
He shrugged, "I dunno what do want to do?"
I gave him a funny look, "Just like the old Mike, never knowing what to do!! This is going to go on and on until our throats get soar!"
He laughed, man how I missed his laugh.
"Ok, alright how about we go bowling?"
My eyes lit up, "Now your talking! C'mon let's not waste any time!!" I said as I grabbed his hand and ran out the door.
"Whoa Horse, whoa!" he said running out of breath.
He always called me a horse since we were little because he knew how much I just LOVE horses. I laughed as we ran to his house where his brothers were.
We ran in and stood there for a minute trying to catch our breath while chuckling at each others desperate pants for air to go through our lungs slowly.
All of the sudden I get crushed under the pile of boys on top of me.
"Oh come on! Can't a girl breath for 5 minutes!?" I yelled/gasped.
They all got up laughing, " Sorry Bre, we just wanted to give you the old good to see you again crushing!"
I laughed, "Alrighty then, whatever floats your boat I guess... Anyways me and Mike need a ride to the bowling alley, first one to volunteer gets a free ice cream on me!"
You would not believe how loud it got in there.. "Me!!" here, "Me!!" there, nuts! I finally just reached out and grabbed an arm, eventually pulling Tito out from the group smiling like a mad man.
At that moment I thought Michael was going to pee his pants he was laughing so hard. I couldn't help but laugh along.
Afterwards we were on our way out the door and I heard all the "Awww's" coming from inside. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tito stick his tongue out at the others. I smiled to myself and rolled my eyes while he and Mike beamed happy smiles.

Tito was finishing off his ice cream while me and Mike bowled. I can't believe how good he is now. He got a strike on the first shot!
And what did I get? Nothing but gutter... Ugh not cool..
Yea I finally got a strike on the last shot of the ENTIRE game! Mike won; every time he went, nothing but hands clapping and whistling.
Every time I went I heard nothing but laughing. I mean seriously, why are they so cruel to me? Well a couple of games later and many laughs At me, we were back home about passed out in each others laps.
Mike's head was on my shoulder, which was in Tito's lap and his head was slung back on the back of the couch. Funny how this always seems to happen to us when we hang, we always are bushed afterwards.
About 5 minutes in to this, I heard soft snores from both Mike and Tito. I was starting to get uncomfortable because my back does not like being twisted like this for a long time.
Finally I saw help when Kathrine, pretty much like my second mom, came down the hall into the living room and saw us. She tried to hold in her laughter, but it wasn't working too well which was starting to make me laugh.
I whispered to her to get the camera, that this would be good black mail if one of them ever messed with me big time. After she took the picture I pleaded for help.
She raised Mike off of me, dang he is one heavy sleeper. I got up and decided to stay in the guest room since it was so late. I called my parents to let them know I was staying and got ready for bed.
While laying in bed I thought of how nice it was of Mike to surprise me like that and the memories of today which would stay with me forever. I kept thinking these things until I drifted to sleep, ready for my dreams to take me to another land.

Good Morning Sunshine! by BDFbilliejean

Next Morning
I was woke up by the sound of a door opening then closing very faintly, but I didn't open my eyes. That is the usual thing that I do, I am really good at playing possum so now was the perfect time to act.
I heard sneaky footsteps, or at least footsteps trying to be sneaky. I heard the sound of light breathing right above me.
I opened my eyes to a smiling Michael, which scared the living daylight out of me. He had the creepiest smile plastered on his face.
I decided to play along with him, I knew he wanted to play Acting Stupid.
Right after I opened my eyes I screamed bloody murder, scaring Michael half to death. I instantly threw the covers over my head and hid like it was a safe haven.
He pulled the covers off of me, throwing them on the floor. I bet he was trying to turn me into a human ice sculpture, cause it was only 66 degrees in there..
And that is too cold considering all the rain we had last night. I was shivering like crazy, he was staring at me wide eyed then covered his eyes and blushed.
I wondered why he was like that then I remembered, I don't like sleeping with pajama bottoms on. I tried to pull my t-shirt down as far as possible without ripping it.
I scooted to the other side of the bed where my pants were and slung them on as fast as seemingly possible.
"Are you dressed yet?" he asked/chuckled out.
I laughed, "Yea I am now. Sorry, I thought that had told you about me doing that?"
He looked at me laughing, "Well I don't remember you telling me, but I now Know never to do that again!"
He made cutest funny face, when he did that he looked like that little 10 year old boy that I always had staring contests with. Ah, memories are great aren't they? Suddenly I had an idea pop in my head.
I threw myself at him and started tickling him.
He was laughing and screaming, "Stop! I beg of you stop! Ha ha OH PLEASE HAVE MERCY HAHA!! Oh it hurts! Ha it hurts!"
I was laughing just as hard as he was as we hit the wall and slid to the floor. I had him cornered, no where to go.
"I'm sorry Mike, but no mercy this time! This is payback for all of those years of you always being bigger than me and having the advantage of torturing me like this! Well what goes around comes right back, and you are learning that the hard way."
I finally decided to free him from the tickle monster that he now fears with passion. He got up panting from laughing so hard. he looked up at me, "Well someone's in a torturing mood today.."
I laughed, we decided to go downstairs with the rest of the family to have breakfast and quit torturing each other.

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=4385