Of Demigod-Wizards and the King of Pop by Sweetpanda14
Summary:

Hey guys, sorry about the long wait on ‘Are You Kidding Me’ and MotD. I’ve been distracted with school and the like.

 

But here’s a something of a story that I’d love to submit to a challenge.

 

It really just started out as a truth-or-dare game that turned into something else.

 


Categories: Adventure, Humor, Fantasy Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: Life after death
Challenges: Life after death
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 3534 Read: 4879 Published: Feb 19, 2014 Updated: Feb 24, 2014

1. Meet the cast! by Sweetpanda14

2. The Main Story. by Sweetpanda14

3. The Main Story: Part Two. by Sweetpanda14

4. The Main Story: Epilogue by Sweetpanda14

Meet the cast! by Sweetpanda14

So, the characters here in this story are my own characters in a universe where Demigod-Wizards exist, demigods as in the ones from ‘Percy Jackson’, and Wizards as in the ones from HP. They all live in a camp pretty much like CHB, except that the kids are sorted in cabins of their house, not their parent.

Let me give you my characters’ description so you understand. Sorry I don't have any images.

 

Name: Joshua 'Josh' Kiss.

Gender: Male

Age: 16.

Looks: A tanned skin, brown hair with small tints of red, Brown eyes, mainly wears a black camp T-shirt with black sneakers and black jeans with pockets that are bigger on the inside.

Personality: Cheery, sensible, focused, welcoming, but piss him off badly and he's got automaton robots after your skin. He's also a Doctor Who fan.

Godly Parent: Hephaestus.

Weapon of choice: He's just finished converting his wand into a sonic wand (can be used for magic or advanced mortal sciences), but since his jean pockets are bigger on the inside...who knows what other weapons he's got.

Hogwarts house: Gryffindor.

Magic Specialty: He's good with machines and can fix them...albeit they do go wrong at times. So pretty much spells that can fix stuff.

Pet: None. Instead, he has the Camp's Red Quasi-TARDIS to look after instead.

Fatal Flaw: He's not sure yet... he reckons he might find out someday.

Notables: He's also got a liking for Michael Jackson, but he's not a fan. He just has a bit of a liking for him because of his mortal sister Cameron is a fan. He’s also the second half of the counsellor position of his cabin in camp, next to his buddy Ethan Kasey.

 

Name: Mykalea Deniem

Age: 12-13

Looks: Long, straight black hair with a braid down one side, brown-green eyes, tall enough to look like 14, likes wearing simple t-shirts (green or blue preferably) and jeans (camo, blue, or black), HATES DRESSES TO THE CORE, and usually wears a red baseball cap.

Personality: Wandering, smart, shy at times, determined, gets along easily, LOVES PRANKS.

Godly Parent: Hecate, goddess of magic

Weapon/s: Her 12-inch ebony-and-unicorn wand, and a celestial bronze sword she likes to call Rhemes (courtesy of one of her friends)

Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw.

Magic Speciality: Transfiguration

Pet: A snowy owl she named Janet

Fatal Flaw: Determination. She knows when to stop at her limits, but most of the time, she forgets she has such limits.

 

Name: Mia Kelly.

Gender: Female

Age: 13.

Looks: Neck-long black hair, brown eyes, usually wears a white fedora with a black stripe, black-blue t-shirt underneath a white hoodie, white jeans, white socks and black shoes.

Personality: Very shy, doesn't like fighting, rarely talks, but she likes singing and Michael Jackson, and if you listen to her closely enough, you can hear her humming his songs. She's a bit of a different person when on a stage, she can sing loudly and be a good performer, but she's still kinda shy after she comes off it.

Godly Parent: Believe it or not, Apollo. The god has a softer side, and Mia's a product of that.

Weapon of Choice: She doesn't like fighting, but she has a bright light that can emit from her hands and stun an enemy/monster long enough for her to escape. She was also given a dagger by her aunt Artemis on an encounter (long story), but she rarely uses it. She also has a wand.

Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff.

Magic Specialty: Music, and charms.

Pet: A tiny ginger kitten named Jackie.

Fatal Flaw: Shyness. She always backs out in a fight, making people think that she's a wimp.

 

Name: Maria De Wilde

Gender: Female

Age: 16

Looks: Short Black hair usually kept down, a black leather necklace with a skull on it, a black leather jacket with a black camp shirt, black jeans, black combat boots, pale-ish skin, black eyes.

Personality: Though she looks dark, she has a bubbly and bright side, but unlike her fellow cabinmates (minus three of them) she actually means it. However, she was placed in Slytherin for her cunning, resourcefulness, and her Hades side.

Godly Parent: Hades

Weapon of Choice: Not really, she does have her wand and celestial bronze sword, she prefers to use a couple undead skeleton warriors.

Hogwarts House: Slytherin

Magic Specialty: Raising up dead corpses, and spirits of Mortals, Demigods, D.Ws, Wizard/Witches, etc.

Pet: Thestral she found in the forest, who she named Brandon. She just keeps him out of sight.

Fatal Flaw: Holding grudges.

 

And of course, we have Michael as a ghost lol.

 

So, with that being said, let’s begin!

The Main Story. by Sweetpanda14
Author's Notes:

Have fun reading everyone!

Mia sighed gently in boredom. It had only been a few minutes ago that her friend Mykalea set up a game of truth or dare in an underground room she had found in the forest and had asked a few others would come in and join her.

Everybody knowing Mykalea as the prankster, said no, except for her, Josh, and Maria. (They made her swear an oath on the Styx that the dares wouldn’t be pranks from her.)

So far, Josh revealed the reason he had Hephaestus as his dad, Mykalea had transfigured herself into a cat with two legs and walk on her front paws for three minutes, and Mia had embarrassingly told them she didn’t like her mom. It was her turn to now challenge Maria.

“Maria?” She asked gently, her cheeks going pink.

“Truth or dare?” the Slytherin Counsellor easily guessed, “Dare.”

Mia bit her lip in thought before coming over and whispering it in her ear, “I dare you to look at me and resurrect the first person you think of who has passed away for some time.”

“Ok…” Maria smiled deviously, but it was in a bit of a cheerful tone too. “Give me a moment to get him up. Josh, can you shut the door and lock it? And please don’t have any flashlights or anything out. I work best in the dark.”

“Sure.” And with that, Josh pointed his wand at the door, which then swung shut, before a little blue light was emitted from the tip of it with a the familiar electric whirring sound of a sonic, which left the metal lock to click into place.

Maria rolled her eyes. “Show-off.”

“Says the one who summons Ancient Roman skeletal warriors for winning capture-the-flag for almost every second time.”

“Shut up Kissy boy and let me concentrate.”

Mykalea snickered loudly and Mia bit her lip to prevent her grinning mouth to let loose a giggle.

“You too ‘Kalea. Put out that light will you?” The lantern that had been used to brighten the room flickered out, everything turning into pitch black, “Now. Here we go…” soon, a small ball of ghostly light dimly illuminated the room, Maria’s hands gently moving around it.

Looking closely, Mia could faintly make out Maria’s lips saying something silently, but since she couldn’t lip-read, she had to guess what the daughter of Hades was saying.

She didn’t have to guess as a mixture of music and sounds she knew so well began to emit from the light. Then, they became louder and stronger into something terrifying until…

BANG!

The ball of light was no longer a ball of light.

It looked now like a human really, except there was a gentle greeny-white shimmer that came off him. He was wearing a long-sleeved button-up blue shirt, black Sammy Davis Junior styled pants that stopped at his ankles, white socks, black penny loafers, and a fedora on his head. His hair was long, black and jehri-curled, pulled into a ponytail, his skin a lightish tan colour, with barely noticeable white splotches on his face, showing off his brown eyes, having a look of confusion in them.

“Dare done Mia, what do you think?” But Mia wasn’t listening.

She couldn’t believe Maria had resurrected Michael Jackson.

***

So much for just a truth-or-dare game, Josh thought, as he shook himself and stood up.

Looking around, he could notice Mia’s face had gone pink and a look of awe was on her face. Maria looked pleased with herself and was smirking. Mykalea had her jaw dropped and looked like she was going to faint.

“Mykalea, shut your mouth, or you’re going to catch flies.”

“Well, excuse me if the King of Pop hasn’t just been brought here back from the dead,” She retorted.

“Mykalea, watch your tongue. Do you wanna join him being a ghost?”

“I’d turn you into a rat before you’d even do that.”

“Is that so? Why you little--“

“Guys, can we not fight here?” Michael’s voice now interrupted them, bringing them back to the issue at hand. Josh couldn’t help but notice it didn’t sound echoey like those old horror movies he saw when he was younger. “Sorry to interrupt, but where am I?”

“Out of the underworld.” Maria put plainly.

“Narnia.” Mykalea grinned, snickering to herself.

“The year 4564.” Josh joined in, trying not to laugh.

“Will you guys shut up?” Mia’s voice unexpectedly burst through theirs, she had been so quiet before they came here they had to jump. “That’s not nice. Sorry if they were confusing you Michael. You’re in 2013, in a basement underneath camp.”

“Camp?”

“Oh, we need to explain, don’t we?”

“Pretty much.”

“Well, the camp is here because we are demigods and wizards…”

 

End Notes:

What do you think? I'm going to post the end soon, don't worry! ;)

The Main Story: Part Two. by Sweetpanda14
Author's Notes:

Well then, here's the second last bit. Enjoy!

"Whoa. That is really cool," Michael smiled, understanding the whole story now, "Which houses are you in? Have you been to Hogwarts? Who's your godly parent?"

 

"Yellow light, slow down!" Mykalea raised her hands in the air, "We'll get to them. Me first. I'm Mykalea Deniem, daughter of the Magic Goddess herself, Hecate. That's why I've always been so good at transfiguation, even without a wand. I've tried my hand at other things, but Transfiguration's always been my niche. I'm in Ravenclaw and nope, never been to Hogwarts. Got no idea who my dad is since I was adopted."

 

"Adopted?"

 

"From day one. I seem to consider 13th August as my Birthday," Mykalea shrugged, "Josh, your turn."

 

"I'm Joshua Kiss, but everybody calls me Josh. I'm from New Zealand and my mother was maori. My dad is Hephaestus, god of blacksmiths, and fire. I've always been a techie and it's the main reason I love that TV Show, Doctor Who, the second reason that my mortal family moved to Britain when I was ten. I'm in Gryffindor and the Co-Counsellor of the cabin beside my buddy Ethan. I was close to getting into Hogwarts one time, but I got into camp instead. My little mortal sister Cameron is a fan of yours, and she's also best buddies with Mia here." He nodded his head at Mia.

 

Mia took a quick breath and clenched her hands for a second before beginning to talk. "My name's Amelia. Amelia Kelly. I just like being called Mia. I'm from Australia and my mother was a squib and didn't like her magic family. When I found out I was a witch she beat me up a fair bit before I ran off and found out my dad is Apollo, god of music, sunlight and art. Dad reckons you're an awesome influence." Mia blushed, her cheeks turning beetroot red, and her eyes averting to Michael's penny loafers.

 

"Hey, it's alright, you can go on. I think it's pretty neat to have to your dad think I'm an amazing influence," but Mia just covered her hands in her face and dared not to peek out from her fingers.

 

"I'll finish it off for her," Maria offered, "She's really shy and quiet most of the time. She's in Hufflepuff, and damn, you wait and see when she's on a stage. She's an entirely different person. Her voice is awesome, she plays bass guitar at times, I also swear she's doing an entire album of her own with covers of your songs as the tracks single-handedly."

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Mariaaaa. Shuuuut uuuup," Mia protested, giggling and trying to contain it all in.

 

"Oh fine, I'll go on with my life. I'm Maria. Maria de Wilde. I'm the counsellor of the Slytherin cabin, but don't worry, I don't bite, I'm not evil either, though most of the kids I look after are. My mom was a witch and had gone to Hogwarts, but I didn't get my acceptance letter from the school and I ended up coming to here. My dad is Hades, the god of Death. Never been to the underworld before, but I usually summon skeletons if I'm being threatened. Otherwise, it's my wand or a sword I've confiscated from a certain camper."

 

"You know," Mykalea interrupted, "I've noticed it's the most Mia's ever spoken the whole time she was at camp so far."

 

But the neither Michael nor Mia were listening. Instead, they were hugging eachother despite Michael being a ghost. The look on Mia's face of pure joy...then deviousness as she started to tickle Michael, him laughing hard, her giggling.

 

"Eee! No!" Mia then squealed as he got her back, "Shtahp! Shtahp!"

 

"You know..." Josh mused, "We should let them be for a while. I think she needs some friendship time alone with him."

 

"Okay then, I'm going to leave. I'm starving anyway."

 

Josh pulled a fancy watch from his pocket and checked the time, "Oh crap, it's nearly time for dinner. We should really get going."

 

"Aww, can't I please stay a bit longer? I'd love to see the camp!" Michael had stopped tickling Mia and had helped her back on her feet, and the two were holding hands...in a friendly way, of course. Mia gave the two counsellors a pleading look.

 

"Oh, fine." Maria gave in, "But the moment it's bedtime, he goes back. Okay?"

 

"Deal."

 

***

 

"Mia, how can you be so gentle whereas your brother is so obnoxious?"

 

Mia just shrugged, "I guess dad is a bit self-centred too..."

 

"OKAY EVERYBODY, LISTEN UP!" The Activities Director called out, and the four cabin tables turned their heads towards her, having just finished dinner.

 

"I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that we won't be playing Capture-The-Flag tonight."

 

"NOOOOOOOOOO!"

 

"But the good news is that we are going to have a water fight instead. The Director has reported that certain areas of the forest are too dangerous to use weapons and wands with, so it is going to be House against House in the one to see who can survive the longest till bedtime."

 

"YES!" One of the Ravenclaw Counsellors, Krys, was a daughter of Poseidon, the water god, so therefore she knew she was going to have fun.

 

"There are checkpoints around the battle arena, which is the lake. There are boats around the lake which are filled with water balloons, water guns, or even a secret surprise. The Naiads were kind enough to help join in. So, without further ado, quickly get into your togs, and jump in the lake. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

 

***

 

It was a draw between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw that night.

 

Gryffindor was second while Slytherin was third. "Hey, we could've been fourth, it's not that bad," Maria reasured her cabin over a dozen times.

 

At the persistance of Mia, her brother Andrew the cabin counsellor made Michael an honorary Hufflepuff.

 

It was still 15 minutes before bedtime.

 

"Michael?"

 

"Yes Mia?"

 

"I was wondering...could you do a track with me? I have a small studio built into my room..."

 

"I would love to."

 

***

 

Michael at last listened to the track, mixed up and perfected by Mia within three minutes. His face showed surprise and a smile illuminated his face, "Mia. It's beautiful. You sound so nice."

 

Mia blushed again for the millionth time that day. "You think so?"

 

"I know so," he checked the clock near the mixing board. About two minutes to bedtime in camp. He decided to do one last thing before he would go back to the underworld.

 

Mia was apparently thinking the same thing, because the both reached in for a hug and held tight.

 

"Mia, I love you a lot, you know that?"

 

"I love you more..." She whispered, trying to hold back tears.

 

"I love you most, and whatever happens, just know I'll be in there," he let go for a small moment before touching his finger on her T-shirt-covered chest, "I'll be in your heart..." He at last whispered, giving a kiss on her head as he slowly faded away.

 

***

 

Mia groggily opened her eyes and pushed herself up from her bed. Had yesterday been really all a dream?

 

She stepped over to the mixing board, rewound the track and listened to it. And there it was, her voice mixing in with Michael's like a pair of angels. (Mia then blushed again, realising that people were right wneh they said she sounded like an angel.)

 

She smiled. She decided to leave the track as it was, no instruments, just the voices.

 

Maybe the instuments could come in someday. She just had to wait.

End Notes:

Please review!

The Main Story: Epilogue by Sweetpanda14
Author's Notes:

 

Okay guys, I’m going to get the ending of this story up because it really needed a proper one, didn’t it? Enjoy!

 

 

It had been a few weeks since Michael had visited the camp, and since then, new campers had arrived and settled in. Mia had a new roommate, and she saw it as something fantastic, as she was very interested in music as much as she was, even though Anneliese Zenész was a daughter of Athena.

 

It wasn’t until one day Mia plucked up enough courage to ask something:

 

“Anneliese?”

 

“Oui Mia?”

 

“Um…did you hear about the time when…ah…”

 

“Michael Jackson’s ghost visited the camp? Oui Oui.”

 

“Um…Michael and I recorded a track together and I was wondering…is it possible you could help add the instrumentals to it?”

 

“Oui merci Mia, I’d be glad to. But first, I’m going to need to listen to it first.”

 

Mia walked over to her dresser and pulled out a drawer containing the mixing board. Flipping through the archives of songs that she had covered, she finally came to the track she did with Michael.

 

Anneliese had a studious look on her face while listening to the track, then smiled. “Mia, this is fantastic. There should be a piano piece throughout the song, and a bit of violin around the choruses. Other than that, it’s perfect on its own. I shall go to writing the piano notes. Maybe you can have a listen to the track again and see where the violin will be.”

 

Mia nodded and walked over to her bass guitar. She bit her lip. Mykalea had tought her some transfiguration the day before, and it went well, but she wasn’t sure about using it now.

 

Biting her lip, Mia closed her eyes, pointed her wand at the bass and focused on a mental image of a violin.

 

After about ten seconds, Mia opened her eyes and sighed in relief to see a violin and a bow in the place of an electric bass.

 

She made a mental note to herself to see Mykalea for more transfiguration lessons.

 

***

 

It was only ten minutes later when Anneliese finished her piano notes and Mia with her violin recording.

 

“I was going to play the piece myself, unless if you want to do it. Actually, I had a second listening to the track and did a second part with the piano, so it’s a duet. I’ll do one part and you do the other?”

 

“I’ll do Mia’s part. Her violin playing was stunning. It should be done altogether.”

 

Mia turned around and gently gasped to see Michael standing near her bed, dressed the same as he was the first time he met her, the shimmery light still there.

 

Anneliese wasn’t stunned, but mildly surprised as she politely said, “Bonjour Michael. Je m’appelle Anneliese.”

 

Michael bit his lip and shyly smiled before answering, “Nice to meet you Anneliese. I noticed you were working on the backing for the track Mia and I did. I’d like to do a bit of it too.”

 

“Of course Michael, you’re welcome to join in.”

 

***

 

When Mia finally finished putting the track together, she pulled out a speaker from under her bed and had a listen to it with Michael and Anneliese.

 

Anneliese smiled, “You two sound amazing with that piano in the background. I’m glad I could help.”

 

Michael put a hand on her shoulder, “The credit really goes to you. That piano is just stunning on its own.”

 

Anneliese blushed.

 

Mia giggled, “I owe it to you both…” She didn’t say any further as her cheeks turned into a cherry pink.

 

“Mia, it’ll be soon time for dinner. You sure you’re coming?” Anneliese reported.

 

“I’ll see you in about five minutes.” That was Mia’s only reply before Anneliese gently walked out the door, leaving Michael and Mia to hug each other for what seemed to be the longest time till Mia found herself at the campfire, singing a song that was never going to leave HIStory.

 

Just Call My Name…

 

And I’ll Be There…

 

End Notes:

Please do review! Thanks for reading!

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=5214