More Than Just Good Friends by KatherineMarie
Summary: When Katrina Cancio moves to California, her uncle told her to go make some friends so he introduced her to Michael. Will the two fall in love?
Categories: HIStory: 1995-1999, Romance Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: Yes Word count: 12319 Read: 26373 Published: Jul 09, 2016 Updated: Jul 17, 2016
Story Notes:
Uploaded this already but then I deleted it. Decided to reupload it again. First fanfic, willing to improve.

1. Chapter 1 by KatherineMarie

2. Chapter 2 by KatherineMarie

3. Chapter 3 by KatherineMarie

4. Chapter 4 by KatherineMarie

5. Chapter 5 by KatherineMarie

6. Chapter 6 by KatherineMarie

7. Chapter 7 by KatherineMarie

8. Chapter 8 by KatherineMarie

9. Chapter 9 by KatherineMarie

10. Chapter 10 by KatherineMarie

11. Chapter 11 by KatherineMarie

12. Chapter 12 by KatherineMarie

13. Chapter 13 by KatherineMarie

14. Chapter 14 by KatherineMarie

15. Chapter 15 by KatherineMarie

16. Chapter 16 by KatherineMarie

17. Chapter 17 by KatherineMarie

Chapter 1 by KatherineMarie

Once I got my carry-on’s I walked out of the plane and headed straight to the luggage claim area to get mine. Well this place is new, I got no friends here and I’m still hoping my uncles would help me. Speaking of my uncles, where are they? Uncle Bill said they’ll pick me up. Oh wait, I haven’t introduced myself. My name’s Katrina, I came all the way from the Philippines just to visit my uncles who have been living here for quite some time. My mom told me to go pay them a visit because we haven’t seen each other for ages. Once my luggage has arrived, I went outside and waited for them to arrive.

Minutes later I saw Uncle Bill walk right up to me. I flashed out a smile and hugged him and my other two uncles who were trailing behind him. “Uncle I miss you!” I said, smiling. “We missed you too, sweetheart. Let’s go now, child we’ll be heading home.” Uncle Victor said, taking my things to the car. Uncle Rob just smiled at us and followed us to the car.

The trip didn’t take that long, but it was exhausting. I looked out the window, taking in the new environment right in front of my eyes. It was breathtaking, at least I can get my mind off of things that I don’t even want to think about. It didn’t take a lot of time for me to doze off into sleep.

I was awoken by someone gently shaking me. I opened my eyes and noticed that the car had stopped. “Dear we’re here” Uncle Rob said sweetly. I got out of the car taking my things to check the place out. The outside was painted in white and black. Uncle Bill unlocked the door and went in first.

“Kat I’ll show you to your room, so that you can get some rest and unpack. Oh wait, we have to talk about something.” Uncle Bill said, taking my things with him to my room. When we got in my bedroom, Uncle Bill helped me unpack my things and fix some of the decors in this fairly large bedroom of mine. The walls were painted white with shelves suspended on one side of the room. I placed my CD collection on the shelves carefully piling them. I placed Steve, my teddy bear on the bed and tucked it in there.

“Uncle what was it you wanted to talk about?” I asked, Uncle Bill looked at me for a second as if he almost forgot what it was. He pulled out the chair on my desk and sat on it, “Ah yes. I wanted to tell you that I want you to meet someone tomorrow. I will pick you up at 11 am, okay? Please don’t forget. I don’t want you staying in here without any friends at all. So, yeah.” Uncle Bill said, scratching his head. I was about to open up my mouth to protest but hey, Kat he’s right. “Well, uncle I don’t know I still have to think about it” I said, he smiled at me then excused himself leaving me alone in my room. I laid on my bed, wondering how I am going to adjust myself to this new place I am in until I fell asleep.

Chapter 2 by KatherineMarie

“Kat, hurry up!” Uncle Bill called from upstairs. “coming uncle!” I hurried downstairs wearing a black crop top, high-waist jeans, and sneakers. “Sorry it took me so long, I’m nervous” I said, scratching my head. Uncle Bill gave me a reassuring pat on the shoulder and said, “Don’t be, he’s very nice” I looked at him, surprised. “Wait, did you just say he?” I asked. Uncle Bill looked at me with confusion, “Yes, is there a problem?” But then I hesitated more, I don’t even know what to do. I’m left with no choice but to actually do what my uncle told me. It’s for the better, I know. “Well uncle, let’s go?” Uncle Bill and I headed to his car.

Wait, Neverland? I swear I heard of this before but I don’t remember where I heard this. I hesitatingly walked out of the car and followed Uncle Bill. Uncle Bill led me to what seemed to be a dining room. Both of us sat down and I just checked the place out. Whoa, what a place. Really, this is paradise. If I get to live in this kind of place, I don’t need to go out, this is heaven! I was about to get impatient when someone came in the room. Both me and my uncle stood up. I looked at the person and he looks quite a bit older than I am. Wait, isn’t he…

“uhm Kat, are you okay?” Uncle Bill snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked at my uncle and shyly nodded. “Uhm sorry about that, Michael this is my niece. Her name is Katrina” Uncle Bill introduced. “Hi, Katrina, it’s nice to meet you” The man said, smiling. He stretched out his hand for a handshake and I shook it. “It’s nice to meet you, Michael” I said, smiling. When I looked at him a bit more, something hit me hard. Wait, isn’t he Michael Jackson? My knees are almost weak when that sudden realization hit me. Oh well, Kat you are lucky. “Okay Kat, I have some work to do, well see you around” Uncle Bill said, I looked at him, nodding. “Okay uncle” I said, smiling. “Oh if you want to go home already, there are a lot of” “Oh Bill I’ll just drive her to her home” Michael said, looking at Uncle Bill then at me. Honestly, I never knew Uncle Bill and him are friends. I was about to protest when Uncle Bill said, “Sure, thanks Michael” then he left.

I sat down in front of Michael, trying to process what is going on. First off I’m new and then my uncle introduces me to Michael Jackson. Well, this is great.

Chapter 3 by KatherineMarie

Since Uncle Bill already left it was me and Michael left in the dining room. I looked around quietly, I cannot help but admire the vast decorations around this room. The oval table in front of us was made of wood and it has a flower vase in the center. The walls were painted white and on the right side there’s a huge painting on a frame.

“So, Katrina would you like me to show you around?” Michael asked, trying to break the silence that built up among us. I admit I’m not really comfortable with meeting new people. But trust me, I’ll get over this. “Sure” I replied with a smile. Michael stood up from his seat and motioned me to follow him.

We walked around the place and he was showing me everything what his home offers. Wow, I never thought this place has a lot. There was a super slide, a Ferris wheel, a zipper ride, animals, a pool, garden, and all! This place is breath taking. I feel like I don’t want to get out of here anymore. “Your uncle said you’re new here” Michael said without looking at me. “Uhm yeah, I came from the Philippines. I just arrived yesterday” I answered shyly. At this he stopped in his tracks then turned to face me. “Welcome to California” He stretched out his hands to the sides and earning a “thanks” from me.

“So tell me more about yourself” Michael said as we sat down on one of the benches in his park. This is what I’m bad at, I looked at him for a minute then at last, I came up with an answer, “ I… well like I said I’m from the Philippines. My mom told me to visit my uncles here in California because we haven’t seen each other for a while.” I responded, shyly. I gazed at Michael and he must have sensed that I was dead nervous. “You don’t have to be nervous” Michael stated. I chuckled nervously, and we both stood up.

When it was about time for me to go, Michael led me to the front gate, where his chauffeur was waiting for us. “Uhm Michael, you really didn’t have to do this.” I told him. “I can just go get a cab and-“ I was stopped when he placed his finger on my lips, “No Kat, I’ll have him drive you to your house. I just need to make sure you went home safely” Michael said, smiling at me. I was about to protest when he coaxed me into getting in his car. “Miss, where to?” The driver asked, looking at me through his mirror. I glanced at Michael for a while then at the driver. I just told the driver the directions to my home and I gazed at Michael again, waving goodbye and thanking him for a very fun day at his home.

Once I arrived home, I put on my sleep wear and went straight to my bedroom. Up until now, I still don’t believe it. I just met Michael Jackson….

Chapter 4 by KatherineMarie

*Timeskip to Michael’s Birthday*

My uncles headed back to Philippines leaving me behind on my own. Well I can handle myself here, right? Plus I now have Michael here as a friend. He’s been busy but whenever he has the time, he spends time with me. We’ve gotten close to each other during the past few months and it’s his birthday today so I’m heading over to his place today.

I clutched my gift as I went beyond the gates of Neverland. Michael told me his family will be there too, why am I getting nervous? I let out a nervous sigh and walked to the Neverland gardens.

“Kat, you’re here!” I turned around and saw Michael run up to me as he scooped me into his arms. I giggled and wrapped my arms around him as well. “I’m glad you came” He said, smiling. I flashed him a smile and he eyed the 30x40 canvas that I was holding. “Oh yeah, I made this for you, hope you like it” I mumbled shyly, handing him the fairly sized canvas I was holding. On it was a painting of his picture made by truly yours. Michael looked at it in awe “Is this for me? Wow thanks” He beamed but I took the canvas away, “No Mikey that’s for me” I jokingly said. Michael giggled, “Okay, yours” I immediately gave it back to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder, “Happy birthday Michael” I grinned, whispering to his ear. “Thanks Kat” He smiled and we headed to his home.

We were already by his front door and there were already lots of people here. I assume they’re his brothers, sisters, niece, nephews and his parents. They were all talking to each other and suddenly I felt a knot in my stomach. I’m getting nervous again upon seeing a lot of people. Michael introduced me to them and I must say they are very nice. I also met his parents and they are very nice too.

His sisters and brothers are very nice. I usually spend time with his sisters and I just love every single bit of it. I was a bit nervous meeting them but over time I warmed up to them little by little.

I never expect I would enjoy being in here… I’m glad my uncle introduced me to Michael…

End Notes:
Sorry if this is a bit short, well I'm trying hehe.
Chapter 5 by KatherineMarie

My visits to Neverland have been frequent. Michael has been having a lot of free time these days and it feels good that I have someone to enjoy my stay here with. We almost tried every ride that Michael has in his home, really. But it was different this time, I don’t know why.

“Kat, I’m bored. I don’t know what to do now. We tried every possible ride that I have, visited the animals, pool, trampoline and yet I still feel bored” Michael pouted, making me chuckle. “What do you want to do then?” I asked, facing him. “I don’t know, hey how about we jam together?” Michael suggested. Uhhh I don’t even know if I have the nerves to sing in front of him, I’m embarrassed. I just looked at him in shock. “Michael… I can’t sing” I muttered. Michael looked at me silly, “Oh what a terrible liar you are” He giggled and took my hand, leading me to his house.

I’ve been here for so many times but I still can’t help but appreciate his love of art. Just like the dining room, paintings decorated the white wall. I followed him to where his piano is. “Michael I’m not sure if I can…” Michael glanced at me and said, “Kat, no pressure here okay? Just relax, I’m not gonna laugh at you” I guess I’m left with no choice. I shrugged and dropped my shoulders, “Okay then, what song?” I looked at him and thought for a minute. “Whatever pleases you, or how about uhm… The Girl Is Mine?” Michael suggested. Oh wow, I like that song. “The Girl Is Mine? Why not?” I grinned and Michael already played the first few notes of the song and us singing our respective parts. [Well I’m not going to put the lyrics here since I know you all know the song]

“I didn’t know you can dance too, hey we can dance together when we have the time!” Michael beamed. “You’re right, great idea! We should do that sometimes” I chuckled. We spent the whole day singing and dancing together. It was different from the days we had in Neverland but still I’m gonna treasure every day I spend with my best friend, Michael.

Chapter 6 by KatherineMarie
Author's Notes:
This is a bit longer than the other chapters... I think hehe.

It was around 1 pm and Michael and I have been walking around the zoo. I enjoy seeing the tigers and every kind of animals that he has. As much as I love nature, I also love animals because to me the kind of love they have for humans are unconditional. They are the exact epitome of what unconditional love is. We sat down on a bench watching people walk around the place. It’s either they’re taking care of the animals or the whole place.

For some reason I can’t help but look back at my life in the Philippines. My family’s okay, they’re very supportive and loving. But my main problem was a guy named Kurt. Kurt is amazing. He’s talented, he’s everything to me. I’ve known him for a long time and he’s my first love. I looked at my hands and realized that it wasn’t for uncle that I moved here. It was because of Kurt, for some reason he’s been distant to me these past few years. I ran a hand through my hair, sighing. “Kat, what’s wrong?” Michael asked as if he snapped out of his own thoughts too. “Everything’s alright Michael, how about you? You seem to be lost in thought.” Michael just chuckled to himself, “Well I just can’t help but think of what life would be like if I hadn’t met you” Wait, what did he just say? Oh wow I’m flattered. I kept quiet, letting him continue what he’s going to say. He put an arm around me and looked at the trees surrounding the place. “Well, I’ve been so lonely before I met you, I’m just glad that… Someone like you can ride along with me” I looked at him, giggling “Of course, Michael that’s what friends are for, right?” I smiled, offering a fist bump to him. He looked at it for a second and fist bumped with me. “Thanks for being here, Kat. I’m really glad your uncle introduced you to me” He beamed, pressing me closer to him a bit. “Hey I’m glad uncle introduced me to you too, being friends with new people wasn’t really that bad after all” I stated, smiling at him. We both giggled and looked at the floor.

“But you still haven’t answered my question yet” Michael then said, his tone suddenly changed. “Uhm yeah I’ve been thinking about how my life is back in the Philippines. Well you see not only I went here to visit my uncles but I was trying to forget about someone” I mumbled, looking at the floor. It’s okay to tell him about my problems right? We’re friends anyway… “uhm forget about someone? What happened?” I gazed at Michael, who now has his eyes on me. “Well there’s this guy who I liked, and his name is Kurt. We’ve known each other for a while but well he’s been distant towards me and I don’t even know why.” I started breaking down and Michael scooped me into his arms immediately, rubbing my back. “I don’t even know why this happened and even what to do. Michael have I done something wrong? Was I ugly? Was I that bad of a person?” I blustered, clinging onto his shirt for dear life. “Whenever we’re in the same place he’s arms reach but he feels so damn far away! I can’t take it anymore, Michael!” Michael just watched me cry in his arms while rubbing my back for comfort. “Kat, look there’s nothing wrong with you okay? Don’t ever think like that. You’re beautiful, you’re amazing, you’re talented, you’re kind, everything! You’re more than every man could ask for. If things between you two don’t get better, then I think it’s best to walk away and take a look around and find someone who deserves you more than him” Michael seemed to be lost in his own thoughts. I looked up at him and he was looking right at me too. “Look you don’t have to cry over someone okay? Go on and focus on something you really want to do.” Michael is right, I wiped my tears away and sat back down properly. “Michael, really I wished it was you instead of him at this moment” I said, trying to smile. He chuckled to himself, but didn’t say a word. “Hey you smiled, that’s a lot better” Michael took my hand, and let me to the zipper ride instead.

It’s nice to finally get my mind off of things. I haven’t had the heart to tell anyone about my own problems and I just realized that Michael is the best person to confide in. This day he has been trying his best not to make me feel sad or hurt. But I sense something different in him when I was telling him about Kurt, what is it anyway? Was he mad at the fact that Kurt put me in a lot of emotional turmoil? Was he just being protective of his friend? Or there is something that I don’t know? I tried shaking the last question off of my head. Kat, that’s impossible!

“Kat come on, hurry up!” Michael ran to me, laughing. “I brought some ice cream. Here!” He giggled, offering me his ice cream. When I was about to take a lick on it, he suddenly put it right on to my nose. “Michael you naughty!” I laughed and started chasing him around the place. He laughed like crazy as I ran after him. Michael I didn’t see that one coming! I laughed as I was about to catch up on him. But then after a few turns he suddenly disappeared. “Where has he gone to?” I whispered to myself and stopped running. I searched every corner of his house even in the pool, garden, lounge, everywhere! I was quietly sitting on a bench when suddenly…

“boo!” I felt someone touch my shoulder and I jumped at it. I turned around and it was only Michael holding two cones of ice cream. He gave one to me and sat down beside me. “I hope you won’t put it on my nose again, like earlier.” I grumbled. “I promise, Kat I won’t” He said, laughing while he has his pinky finger up. I just playfully rolled my eyes at him and ate my ice cream. Oh Michael…

Chapter 7 by KatherineMarie

Michael stopped playing the piano and turned to me, “Kat up until now I can still sense something off without you…” Oh great, I wasn’t trying to put on a sad mood but he seemed to sense it. “Uhm, I’m fine, really.” Michael closed the covers of his piano and leaned back on it. “Kat, you know we’re close enough to know what we really feel?” Michael chuckled. Well he’s right… But I just don’t want him to be sad as well because of me. “I just… I’m just not ready to face Kurt now, I can’t… Just… Not yet…” I mumbled. Michael stood up from his bench and grabbed my shoulders. “Look no one’s rushing you to go to him and face him, okay?” Michael reassured me, and it was very reassuring indeed. I nodded at him, smiling. Michael smiled back at me and said, “There you go now what do you want to do for today?” He asked, taking his fedora. “Well up to you, how about we take a walk outside instead?” I replied. He seemed to be in thought and then he agreed.

When we were walking I just can’t help but think about what we talked about 2 days ago. Kat, thinking about it will get you nowhere, and look Michael’s doing his best to cheer you up and it’s working. I realized we were on the trampoline. “Mikey do you wanna go on the trampoline?” I asked, reaching my hand out to him. “Well of course, I would love to” His smile grew wider when I suddenly dragged him on it and we jumped and jumped and jumped. This day was full of laughter and fun.

When we got tired, we took a break sitting on the grass. We talked about a lot of things mostly about Philippines. He asked about our lifestyle and it was then I realized we have different from each other. “I haven’t even heard from my uncles yet” I muttered. “Well maybe they’re busy? Don’t worry they’ll be contacting you soon” Michael gave me a pat on the back. “Meh I understand though, well then I had a talk with my best friend, Annie though. Glad she’s okay” We both went silent until I realize what I just said, “oh my god” I whispered and looked at Michael, “Is something wrong?” He asked. I gawked at him for a few seconds and started laughing. “Kat are you okay?” He looked at me, confused. My laughter died down into short breaths until I can finally manage to answer. “Did you realize what I just said? I said, I talked to my best friend Annie and I’m glad she’s okay” Michael stared at me for a minute and he suddenly started laughing, “Oh wow I’m glad she’s okay” He said between his laughs. “Well seriously though she’s going to visit me anytime tomorrow so yeah” Michael nodded.

Both of us walked to where the giraffes are. Oh how fascinating they really are. We helped the caretakers feed the animals and it was the most rewarding thing that I have done in my whole life. I always wanted to interact with animals and I had just done it here. Once we were done, we both went to his movie theater to watch Jaws.

It was only the two of us in the theater and we were getting into the movie. We were already in the part where Hooper was attacked by the huge shark when he was inside the shark cage. We were really on the edge of our seats that time but at the same time we enjoyed it. After we finished the movie, we went back out again. “Whoa that movie was a Thriller! Do you wanna watch it again?” I playfully nudged him. “Why not?” He answered, chuckling. “I always thought sharks are great. Very majestic swimming creature” I trailed off, well it’s true anyway. For me they’re highly misunderstood by humans being killers. Well they are but they really don’t attack humans intentionally and we are not part of their diet. Well so much for Animal Planet here, we went to the carousel. Instead of riding the horses on the carousel, we rode the carriage instead. I sat beside him and he had his arm around my shoulders. Good times, really good times.

Once the ride was done, it was time for me to finally go home. Michael always makes sure I drive home safely by having his driver drive me to my home. When I got in his car, I waved at him goodbye thanking him for another fun day he has given me.

When I got out of the car, a girl my age stood by the front door.

Chapter 8 by KatherineMarie

The girl looked at me, smiling. She had her sunglasses on her head and was wearing a flannel shirt over a black tank top. Ripped jeans and sneakers. “Annie!” I ran up to her and hugged her. “I missed you so much!” Annie squealed. “My god, I haven’t seen you for ages!” I giggled, we both went inside and talked for a while. I let her stay with me for the night since I’m all alone here and that’s not a problem.

Michael’s POV

*Yesterday when Kat was here*

I glanced at her crying in my arms. I don’t know why I feel a knot form on my chest when she started telling me about Kurt. She didn’t deserve to be in this kind of… situation, she deserves better. I rubbed her back to comfort her. I don’t want to see her cry like that. It just hurts me. When she left I mentally slapped myself for what I told her. She seemed to appreciate what I said about her but why did I even say a lot like that? Oh boy, I’m embarrassed to death. I rolled on my bed trying to figure out what am I really feeling. I’m glad I met her, though. If she only knew how everything changed when I met her. My once lonely world was filled with happiness because of her. But hey what’s not true about what I told her? Yes she is, she is beautiful. Her round brown eyes, her jet black hair, her full lips, everything about her is perfect to me. I don’t understand why this Kurt guy can’t even see it.

I remember the first time I met her and she was very shy. She looked like she didn’t even know what to do, where to go, or even how to talk to me. But once you get to know her, you’ll see a different person within. She’s very funny, very caring, loveable, and she has this love for nature which I really admire.

Did I forget to tell you she can sing? Her voice was like heaven in my ears. I felt like an angel was singing to me when I first heard her sing. Every note she hit was perfect to my ears. But yet, she looked at herself as if she was trash and that disappointed me somehow. Oh what kind of spell did she cast on me? Even I can’t understand, I’m confused. Is she really an angel in disguise?

I remember she gave me a painting on my birthday last month. I took it out, smiling at the thought of her giving her all in drawing a portrait of mine. It was a photo of me in the album cover for Thriller. I haven’t even hung this on the wall. I think I can work on that soon. I wanted her to be near me, her not visiting me for a day felt like years. I put the painting in my closet, as I laid on my bed and drift off to dreamland.

Kat’s POV

“So Kat, you’re saying you and Michael Jackson are… Friends?” Annie asked me. I told her about uncle Bill introducing me to Michael and Annie seemed to be cool about it. “But hey Kat, why did you suddenly move here?” She asked, her tone changing. I looked at Annie and then at my reflection on the mirror. “Uhm Annie I know you know my situation about Kurt, right?” Annie nodded. “Well I just need to get my mind off of him for a while. I mean, thinking about him is very tiring” I let out an exasperated sigh, rubbing my eyes. “I’m gonna go to sleep, your room is beside mine.” I said, pointing to the door next to mine. “Okay then, goodnight Kat, and kat…” I stopped in my tracks and looked at Annie, waiting for her to continue. “Don’t think about Kurt too much, okay?” was all she said. I just nodded at her, smiling then went inside my bedroom. I crashed on the bed, cuddling Steve my teddy bear with me and let myself be carried away to the land of dreams.

End Notes:
Reviews are appreciated! :>
Chapter 9 by KatherineMarie

It was another fun day at Neverland and Michael, Janet and I have been playing in the pool for hours. “Kat, catch!” Michael almost shouted, throwing me a ball. “Don’t give it to Janet” Michael reminded. Aw hell no, I looked at Janet who was smirking at me. I smirked back at her and threw the ball at her. Well done, Kat. I laughed and just as when Michael was about to get off of the pool we both pushed him back there again. Both of us laughed at him. He got out again but he made sure he can get away from us. We chased him again but to no avail, he was too fast.

After drying off, we headed to his living room talking about a lot of things. It was until my phone rang. “Uhm excuse me I need to take this call” I excused myself and answered the phone. “Hello?” No one was answering but it was Annie’s number. “Annie? What happened?” I said, worry in my voice. “Uhm hello? Kat, I’m in the hospital.” Annie said, over the other end. “Annie what happened to you?” I was starting to panic already, “Uhm Kat, I just fainted from fatigue that’s what my mom said.” I was starting to wonder, how did she even have the energy to talk to me when she just fainted from over fatigue? “Annie I’m coming to you now” I hung up and walked to Michael. “Michael, Annie’s in the hospital. I think I’ll head off now.” Michael stood up from the couch and walked to me, “I can drive you there, if you want.” I smiled at Michael and said, “Look you don’t have to, okay? It’s fine.” Michael looked at me crazy, “I insist” Well I never won in any of our arguments so fine. “Okay, fine. You can go. But I’m worried about people might crowd over you… As usual” Michael chuckled, “It’ll be fine, I promise” Michael said, taking his car keys.

Once we arrived at the hospital, we made sure no one will crowd over him and I went to the nurses desk. “Miss Annie Borja?” She went to the racks and looked for Annie’s documents. “Miss she’s in 304. Third floor, 2nd room on the right” I smiled at the nurse and said, “thanks” Michael and I headed to Annie’s room already.

When we arrived at her room door, I checked to see if her parents were there and indeed her mom is there. I knocked on the door and she let us in. “Tita, what happened to her?” I asked, “She was working way too hard and I told her to take a break but she didn’t listen. I’m glad you came” Suddenly her attention turned to Michael. “Michael Jackson? It’s nice to see you here” Annie’s mom reached a hand out for him to shake. Michael smiled at her shaking her hand. “It’s nice to meet you too, Mrs….” “Mrs. Borja… Uhm Kat dear, I’ll be going now… Will you look after Annie for me?” She said, smiling. “Sure, tita I will” Annie’s mom thanked us and left the hospital already.

“Annie, what the hell happened to you?” I asked, sitting on the couch. “I just have to finish my work because it was due the day after tomorrow but then I started to feel lightheaded until… Yeah you know what happens next.” I playfully rolled my eyes, really this girl can be very hardworking. “Well when are you going to be discharged?” I asked, playing with the strands of my hair. “Uhm I don’t know I think later.” She murmured and looked at Michael, “Oh hi. I see you came with my friend” Annie said, smiling “I’m Annie, it’s nice to meet you” Michael smiled back at her. “I’m Michael, it’s nice to meet you too and I’m glad you’re okay. Kat has been worried sick when you called” Annie chuckled, “Well I’m glad I wasn’t hit by a-“ I looked at Annie nudging her. “Annie quit it, it’s not even funny” I said, laughing. “Well at least I wasn’t hit by a… Smooth Criminal” Annie continued. Oh this girl can be sometimes a pain in the ass. Michael laughed at her and we just enjoyed our time talking with each other.

When it was time for Michael and I to go, we braced ourselves for what could happen next. It’s either paparazzi would follow us, or have a sea of people around us ‘til we drive off. “Annie, we’ll be going.” Annie nodded and her mom smiled. “Thanks for looking after Annie. Take care you two” We bade them goodbye and headed to our car. So far so good… Michael dropped me off to my house and Michael went to his own.

End Notes:
Tita - Something we call our aunts :-)
Chapter 10 by KatherineMarie

I was awoken by the sound of knocking on the door, really who is it? My uncles have gone back to the Philippines already and I doubt they will go visit me now. I dragged myself out of bed wearing a robe and went to answer the front door. To my surprise it was just Michael. He was wearing a red shirt, black pants and loafers. “Michael wow you’re early.” I said as I gave him some space for him to come in. “You haven’t visited me for days!” He cried out. Oh dear lord help me please. “So this is your place eh?” Michael walked around the room, checking everything out. My TV was positioned just right on the right side of the room. A pot of ornamental flowers was resting on the small table just beside the black couch.

“So Kat, is it okay if I visit here too?” Michael asked, relaxing on the sofa while reading a magazine. “Sure, I would love to have some company.” I said, while I was in the kitchen preparing something for us. “Have you eaten breakfast yet?” I asked, looking over at Michael. “Uhm I already ate, but thanks” A few minutes later I brought out two plates. One had scrambled egg and rice for me while the other had pancakes and egg. “Here’s yours.” I placed the plates on the table while I went back to the kitchen to get some coffee for us.

After breakfast, I told Michael to stay there because I have to get ready. A few minutes later I walked out of my room with a white shirt and high waist jeans. “You ready?” Michael stood up from his couch. “Sure, let’s go” I grabbed my house key and went outside with Michael.

Once we arrived at his home we went for a walk, again. “So Kat, about Kurt… Have you talked to him?” Michael asked out of the blue. Why did he suddenly ask about him? I looked at him with confusion and flatly answered, “No, I haven’t. I just don’t know if I can face him Michael, I just don’t know…” Well I didn’t do anything to Kurt as far as I remember. It’s just that he was the one being distant to me and all. Michael stood facing me. “Don’t worry about him too much, Kat. Sorry I brought him up, you should really take your time away from him.” I agree with what he said though. “It’s not your fault Michael, look how about we do something fun instead of talking about that Kurt?” I beamed, trying to lighten up the situation. “Of course, what do you want to do?”

“Uhm… it’s up to you” I whispered. “You were the one who’s suggesting to do something else but then you asked me it’s up to me.” He said, laughing. “Ah, I know what exactly to do” He ran, taking me with him. “Michael where are we going?” He let me to the coffee and ice cream parlor he has. Why would he bring me here? “Kat, choose anything you like here” I looked at the menu and ordered a banana split, a cup of caramel macchiato, and blueberry cheesecake. While Michael got a cup of brewed coffee. Once our order has arrived I can’t help but notice Michael eyeing the food that I ordered. “You ordered a lot” He commented, laughing. I can’t help but laugh at his comment, “Sorry about that, you can have some if you want” I said, laughing. “It’s fine, hey we can play in the game room after!” I looked at Michael, who was sipping on his coffee. “Great idea!” I laughed, oh this is going to be fun.

After eating, we head out to the game room. It was a room filled with various arcade games. I walked around, searching for a shooting game. Once I found it, I grabbed the controller gun and started the game. Michael walked up to me, grabbing another controller gun and both of us played.

We spent the whole time playing everything in his game room. When we were finally tired, Michael drove me back to my house.

Chapter 11 by KatherineMarie

Before going to Neverland to visit Michael I decided to drop by the hospital by myself to check on Annie. I walked out of my house locking the door behind me as I rode a cab to the hospital. When I walked in, I went to the nurses desk again and asked if Annie was still there. It turns out that she just left an hour ago so I decided to drop by her place instead.

I knocked on the door twice before Annie’s mom opened it. I hugged her, smiling as she let me in. I saw Annie run down the stairs. “Kat, I missed you!” Annie said, tackling me. “I didn’t know you got discharged today.” I said, sitting on the couch with Annie. “Uhm yeah, sorry we didn’t had the chance to tell you. I was about to go to your place yesterday but mama told me to go straight home to get more rest” Annie explained. Well she’s over fatigued so I understand. “Well sure, it’s no problem” I chuckled as her mom made us some lemonade. “Thanks tita” I said, smiling. Her mom just smiled at me and went back to the kitchen. “By the way Annie, I’m heading over to Michael’s place, would you like to come along?” Annie looked at me as if I was crazy. “Kat, are you sure it’s okay with him?” Annie asked, unsure if she wanted to go or not. “It’ll be okay for him I’m sure. Let’s go” Annie was still reluctant to go but she went with me anyways.

When we arrived at Neverland, I saw Michael already outside of his house walking. “Mikey!” I called. Michael beamed and ran to me to give me a hug. Annie just watched us, smiling. “Annie, I’m glad you came here with Kat, welcome to Neverland” Michael said, giggling. “Thanks Michael, wow your place is beautiful” Annie said lost in her thoughts. “Come now, I’m in the mood for singing” Michael said, taking my hand “Great idea, let’s go!” We headed to his living room where his piano is while Annie just followed us. “Geez Kat do you regularly visit Michael?” Annie asked whispering. “uhm yeah, I do.” I replied. Michael pressed a few keys on the piano. “What song do you want to sing?” Michael asked us, “Uhm… Anything you would like.” I replied, grinning. “Ooh how about Human Nature?” Annie suggested. Without any word, Michael played the first few notes of the song and we started singing.

[Again I won’t post the lyrics here since you all know it]

“Whoo, are you all up for another one?” Michael asked the two of us again. “How about we move on to another instrument?” I asked, grabbing Michael’s guitar. “Well where did you get that?” Michael asked as I looked over at the spot where I got it from. “Mind if I borrow it for a while?” I asked. “Sure no problem” I sat down, and Michael turned around to face us this time. “Hey I wanna try something” I said excitedly. “What are you going to try, Kat?” Annie asked. I looked at Michael and said, “How about Smooth Criminal?” I suggested. “Oh no, Kat if you’re just trying to annoy the hell out of me don’t even” Annie was cut off by Michael agreeing, “Sure, that would be great” I looked at Annie. “It’ll be fine I promise.” I was on the verge of laughing, I just don’t understand why she gets so annoyed by the song. I started playing the guitar and we all sang together.

“See Annie it wasn’t that bad” I said, setting the guitar on its stand once again. Annie just playfully rolled her eyes, “Well just so you know I’m okay” Annie said, laughing. “Anyway, how’s your problem with Kurt?” Annie asked. “Uhm… About him I don’t know” I mumbled, looking at my two friends. “Kat you can’t just hide here forever” Annie said, rolling her eyes. “Hey I came here to visit” “Ah quit that nasty lie, will you? I know you left because of Kurt. I knew it from the start and even Michael probably knew too” Annie scoffed. “Kat, I agree with Annie. But running away from him isn’t the best solution for your problem.” Michael then said, sitting beside me. “Kat, as your friends we don’t want to see you in a state where you’re still confused and hurt as you were before. We want you to feel a sense of “closure” “ Annie said, looking at me with worry. “Kat we don’t want to see you like that” Michael sighed, putting an arm around me. “Think about what we said, okay?” Annie placed a hand on mine. I nodded “Okay” was the only word I was able to say.

End Notes:
Sorry about Kat teasing the hell out of Annie too much, I just can't even- sorryyyyy.
Chapter 12 by KatherineMarie
Once I got home, I dropped my things in the sofa and went to the bathroom to wash up and prepare for bed. I slipped on a pink tank top and white shorts. You can’t just run away from him forever… Running away from him isn’t the best solution to your problem… I was starting to feel restless, pacing back and forth my bedroom. What should I do? Should I go back, or should I just hide here forever?
“But Kat, there’s no reason for you to go back there! Well… Except for your family of course” A voice in my mind said. You’re right. Your family’s the only ones you have there… “Kat, don’t listen to her, you have to go back and settle your differences with Kurt. How long can you even stand it?” Another voice said. These voices in my head got to stop because either way, I can’t choose a good solution for my own problem.
But if I leave, how about Michael? I mean I don’t want to leave him here, I mean I’m already used to the fact that I always have him around me and we’re so close that I feel like we’re literally inseparable. I wanted to stay with him longer, but I want to fix my problems with Kurt and face him. No, Kat you and Kurt have nothing to talk about, right? Why are you thinking about “fixing” your “problems” with him? As if you hurt him or what. You didn’t do anything wrong Kat, he was the one who distanced himself away, not you.
I can’t help but look back at how close Michael and I have gotten. We’ve been friends for 8 months but we felt like nothing can keep us apart. I feel like this friendship was actually meant to be, as if what is between us was already predetermined. Oftentimes Annie would tell me how cute we are together or we could just “date” since we’re very close but I don’t know. I mean, he’s charming, he’s nice, he’s talented, he’s funny, he’s everything. But for some reason I only see him as a brother and a best friend, a super ultra-mega best friend. I remember being shy as a mouse when I first met him. Well that’s just typical of me when I meet new people. Michael was shy too, but over time we got over it and got to know each other. We had the same interests, we loved playing, we loved music, animals. But we didn’t share the same interest in reading.
I wonder how does Michael think of me as a friend? Was I a good one, or no? These kinds of questions always boggle my mind when I’m alone. Usually out of paranoia, I start pushing people away from me. In the end I’d regret what I did but things between us don’t go back to the same way it was before.
Back to Kurt, what do I do? Should I go back and see him? Or should I take a bit more time here and get my mind off of him? A part of me wants to stay, but another part of me wants to go back there and tell him everything. Just, everything.
I stood in the mirror, messing with my long jet black hair. When I turned to myself in the mirror, I started studying my face. Big dark brown eyes, a small nose, fair skin, full lips and a fairly rounded jaw. I just shook my head, crashing down on my bed and get some nice sleep thinking about what the hell I should choose.
End Notes:
Sorry if this chapter is a bit too short, I promise the following chapters will be longer!
Chapter 13 by KatherineMarie

“Kat we’ve gone through all rides we could possibly go, we ate all the ice cream in here, and we’ve sang all the songs we both knew.” Michael said. I noticed he was starting to get bored because we all did everything that we can do here. “You know sometimes we can just lay on the grass and look at the skies. You know… Just us talking, relaxing” I said as I laid on the grass. “Well you’re right. Sometimes rides can be boring.” Michael chuckled as he too laid on the grass beside me. “Well I was about to ask you about what we talked about the other day” Michael said almost to himself. I glanced at him, sighing “I’ve made up my mind” I mumbled. Michael’s expression somehow changed. As if he didn’t want to hear what my answer is. His features softened as he asked, “What is it?”

“Michael I’ll go back” I quickly replied, laying on my back as I stare at the sunny blue sky above us. “Are you sure? I wouldn’t force you to stay, I wouldn’t force you to leave either.” From the tone of his voice I can sense that he was heartbroken over my decision. I don’t want to see him like this… “I’m gonna miss you, Kat” was all he said. I sat up, looking at him. Oh Michael, I’m sorry you have to go through all these. “Michael… I’m gonna miss you too, I promise we’ll keep in touch.” I said, as I held him in my arms. “Instead of moping around here let’s go to the super slide!” Michael stood, trying to enlighten up the mood. He helped me up as we climbed up to his super slide. Once we reached the top, we grabbed burlap sacks as we positioned ourselves to each slide. “Ready?” I asked, smirking. He took my hand and nodded as we slid down together, but let go when I was ahead of him already.

“That was fun” Michael said, laughing as he stood up from the slide. He helped me stand up as we laughed again. We spent the whole day playing, singing, laughing, and dancing. Things that I wouldn’t be able to do once I step onto my home town. It’ll be a busy day ahead of me. I’m really gonna miss Michael though, he’d been a good friend to me ever since we first met.

Hours and hours and hours have passed when we finally decided to call it a day. When I looked at the clock, I just noticed it was already 10 pm. “Michael uhm I’ll be going now.” I said with a sad smile. “Kat, it’s late already, how about you stay here for the night?” Michael smiled, well at least he tried to. “Uhm I don’t know Michael, is it really okay?” Michael then grabbed my shoulders and let me back to his house. “Kat no need to worry it’s fine.” We both reached the living room. “It’s very late at night already, I can’t just let you go out” I was about to protest but gave into his requests already, “Fine. But only for a night” Michael nodded at this. “Yes only for a night” I chuckled, throwing a pillow at him. “Story time!” Michael grabbed my hand, as we headed to his bedroom

I sat down on one side of his He sat down and scooted closer to me. “Who goes first?” Michael asked. “Well okay Kat you go first instead” I cleared my throat. What am I going to tell him? “Okay I got one. During prom I literally went to the DJ’s booth and during that time the song was Eric Clapton’s Wonderful Tonight and I changed it to Weird Al Yankovic’s parody of Beat It. Everyone was so mad when I changed it and I did it because my best friend asked his crush out on a dance” I said, proudly. Michael was smiling. “You ruined their moment who wouldn’t be pissed” Michael said chuckling. We spent the whole evening talking about various stuff. Mostly it was my adventures in the Philippines when I wasn’t busy yet. We had a lot of fun talking about different things until it was time for us to sleep. Sadly, I was knocked out first accidentally sleeping in his bed.

When I awoke, I looked around the place and realized I slept on his bed. Realizing he didn’t sleep on the same bed, I looked for him around the bedroom and realized he slept on the couch. I went downstairs and helped the cooks prepare breakfast instead. At first they didn’t let me but after convincing them they finally let me help. Michael went downstairs for breakfast and we ate breakfast together. “Sorry ‘bout that, I didn’t realize I fell asleep. How was yours?” I asked, drinking water. “No worries, mine was good. How about yours?” He asked sleepily. “Well I had a good night’s sleep though I felt bad for letting you sleep on the couch” Michael chuckled, “What do you mean by that huh” I looked at him, “Nothing at all. I wasn’t thinking about anything” I retorted, blushing a bit. “Look who’s blushing I wasn’t even thinking about anything too” Really this conversation has gone awkward. We both continued our breakfast in awkward silence. After breakfast, I coaxed Michael into jogging with me. After a while, we headed to the front gate so I can finally go home and freshen up.

End Notes:
Awww Kat decided to go back :( Obviously Michael is sad. Kat is too. :(
Chapter 14 by KatherineMarie

“Kat, wake up!” I opened my eyes and saw Michael and Annie on my bed. I sat up, looking at them “How did you two get in here?” I asked, baffled at how they got in here. “Annie had the spare key” Michael said as Annie held the spare key up to my face. “Come on before you go back let’s eat breakfast together. Annie and I cooked breakfast, we’ll be downstairs!” Michael then grabbed Annie’s hand and they both went out of the room. So that means they’ve been in here for quite a long time? Oh dear lord. I took my robe and went downstairs to eat breakfast with them.

“How long have you two been here?” I asked the two. “2 hours ago.” Annie grinned. “Can’t we just visit you before you go? We’re gonna miss you” Michael said, pouting. “Fine, I’ll just go and prepare” I chuckled as I gave the two pat on the shoulder and went to the bathroom to prepare. When I was done, Annie and Michael were already in the living room waiting for me. I grabbed my bags and the three of us got in the car to drive off to the airport. I stood at the entrance of the airport. Annie and Michael (he wore a disguise) were with me. “Kat do you really have to go?” Annie whined. “Annie I already made up my mind, like you said I can’t run away forever, right? I really have to go back” I replied. Michael looked at me sadly. I walked up to him and gave him a hug. “Thanks for everything, Mikey. Thanks for being my best friend” I whispered. Michael smiled at me and said, “Thanks for everything too, Kat. Keep in touch” I pulled away as I bade them goodbye. Well Kat, this is it. “Annie, Michael I’ll be going…” I mumbled. “Bye Kat! Have a safe flight!” Annie and Michael waved.

-Michael’s POV-

I watched her as she walked away from us entering the airport. “Michael let’s go” Annie mumbled as we head back to the car. First I have to drop her by her house and I can finally go home. Once I arrived in Neverland a sudden realization hit me. This place will never be the same without Kat. I ran a hand through my hair and took a walk around Neverland instead.

I could just follow her to Philippines you know, but I want her to be happy with Kurt. She’s been telling me a lot of stories about him and I can see she loves him the way I love her too. I can’t take her away from the man she truly loved, I can’t risk hurting her. I can’t see her cry, I can’t… I just can’t. But I just have to accept the fact that she only sees me as a friend, no more no less.

I will never see her again, I will never see that beautiful smile. It will take a long time for me to get used to her absence. I’ll never hear her beautiful voice again. But if this is where she’ll be happy then I’m willing to let her go. I’ll be more happy to see her smile. But then it wasn’t me who was making her smile. It was Kurt. Thoughts of her started to fill my mind, until I realized I was already crying. Neverland will be the same without you, Kat. With you everything’s a lot better.

I locked myself in my room as I took a photo album containing pictures of Kat and I. I smiled to myself knowing we shared so many memories together and those were priceless. Suddenly the feeling of emptiness started seeping in me and it kills me inside. To me Neverland became more joyful when she was around, I felt like I could take on the world ahead of me when I had her by my side. Silly me for falling for her, I should have known. I smiled to myself as I put the album away. One day we’ll see each other again, Kat. I promise you I won’t forget you. Goodbye Kat, I’ll always love you.

Chapter 15 by KatherineMarie

“Kat, you have to finish these drawings before Monday okay?” Yelled one of my coworkers. When I went back to the Philippines I went back to college to study Animation and Game Development. I was able to get a job in an animation studio here too. Things have been going smooth in my life. I kept constant contact with Michael until he said he’ll be busy. I sipped on my cup of coffee as I stretched my arms out. Man, I’ve been sitting here all day drawing.

“Kat you got a visitor!” I looked at the door and noticed it was Kurt holding a bouquet of roses. I stood up from my seat as I gave him a hug. “Flowers for my lady?” Kurt said sweetly as he handed me the bouquet. “Thanks” I smiled at him. Well, yes we’re already engaged for quite a long time. He’s amazing, really. We went outside to have our lunch break at the nearby restaurant in the office.

“Kat, I wanted to ask you something” Kurt asked as he popped a spoonful of food in his mouth. “Shoot” I replied drinking water. “Uhm… I remembered you told me about your friend in California. What was his name again?” I raised my eyebrows and said, “Oh Michael? Yeah, what about him?” I asked. “I was wondering if you wanted to visit him, since you know you told me you haven’t seen him for a long time” Kurt suggested, well he was right. I haven’t seen Michael for a long time. “Of course, I would love to. I was planning to invite him to our wedding though, you know, we should really visit him.” I said nodding. Kurt smiled at me, “And besides you told me you wanted to have our wedding there, right?” I replied with a nod. I wonder how’s Michael now? From what I’ve been hearing in the news, Michael already has three kids. Two boys and one girl, but I haven’t talked to Michael or them. "Sure I would love to” I chuckled. Kurt smiled at me and continued eating his meal.

Once my shift was done, I packed my things and let Kurt drive me to my apartment. When he drove off, I unlocked the front door and entered the house. I placed my things down on the couch and crashed down on the sofa. My god, I haven’t heard from Michael for such a long time. For some reason I can’t stop thinking about what Kurt told me earlier this lunch. “Cali huh, okay. I’ll go” I grabbed my phone and dialed my best friend, Michael’s number. A few minutes later…

“Hello?” That familiar voice said on the other end of the line. “Mikey!” Michael chuckled and said, “Whoa hey there how are you? Sorry I didn’t get to call you these past few weeks, I’ve been busy” “Don’t worry, I understand. You don’t have to apologize. Well I’m good, but guess what…” “What?” Michael asked. I crossed my legs and leaned back on the couch “I’ll be going to California.” I said, smiling. “Really? Cool! I would love to introduce you to the kids!” Michael beamed. We spent the whole time talking and talking.

“When is your flight?” Michael asked. “I haven’t booked yet, I want you to meet someone though.” I replied. “Oh let me guess who it is? Kurt right? How are you two?” I chuckled, really I knew he’ll guess it right. “We’re good, he said he wanted to meet you” Michael chuckled, “How has he been to you?” He asked. “Well he’s nice, really he’s amazing. I never thought he came looking for me when I left” I answered, chuckling. “See what I told you?” Michael said. “Since you’re done with college, what kind of job did you get?” Michael asked, changing the topic. “I work at an animation studio. I’m a conceptual artist” I responded. “Wow, really I never thought my best friend is that talented” I chuckled at his comment. “You’re flattering me too much, Michael” I said causing Michael to laugh. “Well then, I have to go, I need to put the kids to bed” Michael said in an almost whisper. “Wow what a hands-on father you are. Okay okay, see you soon” I giggled as Michael hung up. Well I can’t wait to go back.

End Notes:
Almost the end guys ^^. I really enjoyed writing this, really. :>
Chapter 16 by KatherineMarie

As Kurt and I stepped out of the airport, I saw Annie wave at us. I quickly went ahead and ran to Annie hugging her “Congrats girl! I missed you!” Annie said, hugging me. “You must be Kurt, right?” Kurt nodded, smiling. “Yes, yes I’m Kurt. It’s nice to meet you” Annie chuckled, “It’s nice to meet you too, Kurt so Kat, let’s go!” We all got in the car and drove to my home.

“Finally we’re home” I said as I crashed down on the sofa. “Kat go get some rest and later we’ll go to Michael’s place, right?” Kurt said as he placed our things on the side of the sofa. “Uhm yeah, I’ll show you the way to his place” I said as I had my eyes closed. After a while, I stood up from the sofa and we get ready to go to Michael’s place. “Okay all done” Kurt smiled as he took my hand taking me outside to the car. Once we reached the gates of Neverland, Kurt looked at me funny and said, “Kat you must have gone to the wrong place, this is Michael Jackson’s home. Why are we going here? We might disturb him” I playfully rolled my eyes. “Oops I forgot to tell you we are meeting Michael Jackson” I chuckled. Kurt looked at me shocked. “Come on, babe quit looking at me like that and behave like a calm man.” I said, shaking my head. Once we entered, we parked the car somewhere and headed to the main residence.

I could tell Kurt was really nervous and it just makes me laugh. Once we entered the house, I saw a little girl and a boy run around the house “whoa there!” I chuckled as I watched them run towards me. The little girl hid behind my leg while the boy who seems to be her brother was trying to chase her. “Kat? Oh my god, Kat! I’m so happy to see you!” Michael came out of nowhere and I gave him a bear hug. “Michael! It’s nice to see you again! Sorry it took me a while to visit” I said as I let him go. “It’s okay, well so you’re Kurt right?” Michael said smiling at Kurt. I looked over at Kurt and he reached out a hand, “Hi Mr. Jackson it’s nice to meet… you” Michael chuckled shaking his hand. “Just Michael, please.” Kurt grinned. “Oh I see you met the kids already. Paris, Prince this is Kat, daddy’s friend. Say hi to her” Paris stood beside her brother. “Hi!” They both said. I smiled at them, grabbing their little hands and shaking it. “My other son is still sleeping though.” Michael said, smiling. “So how’s life with the kids?” I asked. “Good, good.” Michael chuckled. “Have a seat. So, how about you? What have you been doing in the Philippines?” I smiled, looking at Kurt then at Michael. “Well everything’s fine and… We’re getting married” I said, giggling. Michael smiled and took my hands “ Really? That’s great! Congrats!” “Well we wanted you and your kids to attend” I said, chuckling as I handed him an envelope “Of course of course, I will come. Thanks for inviting me” Kurt chuckled. “We really wanted you to come, Kat had been talking about you since she came back.” Kurt said. Michael just laughed and suddenly a little child went into the living room. “Oh Blanket you’re already awake.” I just can’t forget that look on Michael’s face when he’s with his children. These kids are lucky to have a father like him, he really loves kids. “Blanket I want you to meet my friends, this is Kat and Kurt” “Hi there, I’m Kat. It’s nice to meet you” I said as I held the child’s hand “Michael she’s beautiful” I mumbled, giggling. “She? Don’t you mean HE?” Michael said, playfully rolling his eyes. “Eh? Sorry about that” I said, covering my mouth. “God Michael he really looks like you” I commented.

The whole time we were there and I just played with the kids. I’m just amazed at how well Michael raised his children. It’s always nice to see how close he is to his kids and how the kids love him so much. When I looked over at Kurt and Michael, I can see they’re laughing together and Kurt was actually telling Michael how he is a big fan of his. Oh dear me. I just shook my head chuckling to myself at how everything turned out.

“Thanks for having us here” I said smiling as I handed sleeping Paris to Michael. “Thanks for dropping by too, and for inviting me to your wedding” “Oh come on, Michael why would I forget about my best friend?” Michael smiled. “We’ll be going home now” I mumbled. “Okay, you two take care” Michael said smiling. “You too, and of course… You too” I smiled as I stroke Paris’ hair. “Really, Kat? Michael Jackson’s coming to our wedding?” Kurt shook my arm. I laughed pushing him gently “Stop acting like a fanboy, Kurt” Michael laughed at us. “Bye Mikey” I waved as I got in the car with Kurt.

Chapter 17 by KatherineMarie

“Annie I can’t believe it..” I felt my tears come down. “I’ve been dreaming of this for all of my life… And I can’t believe this is really gonna happen…” I started fidgeting with my dress. Annie walked up to me, smiling. “Congrats, Kat. You made it” Annie and I giggled, hugging each other. “I’ll be heading to my position now, it’s gonna start soon.” I nodded at Annie and she went back to her place. A few minutes later, the wedding music started playing and everyone started walking down the aisle.

My father stood beside me. I looked at him and gave him a big hug. “Sweetheart I’m so happy for you….” I can tell he’s trying to hold back his tears. “Are you ready?” I nodded and the church doors open in front of us. I can see a lot of my friends, family and close relatives look at me. I started to walk down the aisle with my dad. Looking over at my guests, I can see Michael and his kids just right in the near back. Michael was smiling at me and the kids were looking at me dreamily. Prince wore a black and white tuxedo. Paris was wearing a pink dress with a cute bow on the back and Blanket wore a matching outfit with Prince. Michael gave me a “thumbs up” as I walked past them. When I reached Kurt, I can’t help but admire how handsome he looks today. He was wearing an all-white outfit. While I also wore a white wedding dress. The bust part up until the waist was decorated with rhinestones and my hair was in an updo. I smiled at Kurt as he took my hand, leading me to the altar.

-Michael’s POV-

Once the church doors opened, I quickly turned around and saw Kat emerge from it. She looked so breathtaking. I can’t help but admire her beauty from here. I watched her walk down the aisle with her father. Oh how I wish it was me who she’s getting married to. Once she walked past me, I noticed she looked at me, smiling. I gave her a thumbs-up and she continued walking. I can see in her eyes that she has been waiting for this moment to come. I’m glad that her life-long dream had finally come true. I can’t help but imagine myself being in Kurt’s place. Kurt is very lucky, indeed. He better treat her right or else, I won’t forgive him. It was when Kat finally reached the altar. Kurt took her hand and he led her to the altar. The ceremony went on as I watched my best friend, my love get married to another man. During the whole ceremony, I just pictured myself being in Kurt’s place. I wanted to be the man Kat’s going to marry, but sadly. It isn’t me, it was him. I can’t blame him, though.

The wedding reception was held in the Neverland ranch. Kat was a bit hesitant because she thinks she might cause trouble but I insist. I was eating with some of Kat’s relatives and my kids until I felt a hand on my shoulder. “Michael…” I turned around and it was Kat. She wasn’t wearing that long wedding dress anymore. Instead, she wore a white knee-length sleeveless dress with white heels. I looked at her, smiling. “You look beautiful, and best wishes to you and Kurt” Kat smiled at me. “Thanks for coming to the wedding. I know you’re busy and all but - ” She reached out for a hug and I hugged her. “Come on, Kat why would I miss out my best friend’s wedding?” I chuckled as I playfully poked her. “Some things never change, huh?” Both Kat and I chuckle. “Thanks for letting me be your friend too” Kat got serious. “Kat, I’m thankful too, really.” I smiled at her. “Michael you never knew how this friendship change me, really. You’re the best friend that I ever had in my entire life. You supported me in anything I do, you always welcome me into your life and even when we have misunderstandings, you always humble yourself and take the blame for most of it. Even when it’s my fault” Kat mumbled, playing with her hair. “Kat, friendships to me are very important. Those arguments we have? It’s nothing, really. That’s what friends are for, right? Friends help and support each other through ups and downs and I’m glad to share it with you” Kat chuckled wiping a tear from her eye. “ I’m so glad I went along with Uncle Bill’s idea. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have met someone like you.” Kat giggled, taking my hand and hugging me again. “Thanks for everything, Michael. Thanks for being my best friend” I smiled at Kat, “I would like to say the same too.” Without a warning Kurt suddenly ran up to us. “Michael thanks for coming, really” I chuckled at Kurt and fist bumped with him. “I wouldn’t miss my two favorite people’s wedding, really” Kurt looked at me as if he found something new and then at Kat. “Stop being such a fanboy, Kurt” Kat said, chuckling.

Finally everyone was already home. The newlyweds went back home to prepare for their honeymoon and I went inside my house taking my kids with me. I went to my bedroom and sat by the fireplace. And this is how I lost my chance with my own best friend, Kat.

End Notes:
Finally the end! I've been trying to come up with how to write this part so I was out for one whole day. Hehe, I know they didn't end up together but hey, I might consider coming up with another one... ^_^ Hope you like it! Reviews are appreciated though :)
This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=7369