Your Side of the Bed by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Summary:

This story was inspired by the song Your Side of the Bed by Trey Songz.

Michael is a military doctor and has his wife, Jolie, and beautiful twin girls Katy and JayCee. Also a child on the way. He's gone for such long periods of time and his family misses him. 

Michael gets to come home for two months and see his family. 

Or so he thought....

Michael gets stationed early and has to leave before his third child is born. But that's not the end of it. Read to find out the unexpected twist ending. 

Dunn Dunn DUNNNN! 

your side of the bed

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.


Categories: Adult, Adventure, Angst, Hurt/Comfort, Humor, Romance, Suspense, Trigger Warning! Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: None
Trigger Warnings: Rape
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 16399 Read: 66158 Published: Jul 25, 2011 Updated: Dec 28, 2013

1. Coming Home by Mjmoonwalkergirl

2. I'll Be There by Mjmoonwalkergirl

3. Pictures of the characters. by Mjmoonwalkergirl

4. Anubis by Mjmoonwalkergirl

5. The Phone Call by Mjmoonwalkergirl

6. New Life by Mjmoonwalkergirl

7. The Front Door by Mjmoonwalkergirl

8. Anubis Returns by Mjmoonwalkergirl

9. Moment of Weakness by Mjmoonwalkergirl

10. Lost by Mjmoonwalkergirl

11. Mistake by Mjmoonwalkergirl

12. The Truth by Mjmoonwalkergirl

13. The Beginning of an End by Mjmoonwalkergirl

Coming Home by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

"Mommy! Is daddy home yet?"

 

"Sweetie, I promise, when daddy gets home you will know." 

 

I swear this girl has asked over ten times in the past five minutes! But who am I kidding? I can't wait for him to come home either. Michael has been gone for eight months in Afghanistan. I miss him so much and tonight he is coming home for two months. We're hoping this time he can stay long enough to see his son being born. I was devastated when he couldn't see his daughters being born.   

 

I know, two months, that's a short time for a dad to bond with his family but I wouldn't want to change a thing because I know that he is over there doing what he believes in; helping people. 

 

We've been married for seven years and have beautiful twin girls, Katherine Elizabeth Jackson; we call her Katy. Then we have Jay Chanel Jackson whom we call JayCee. They're four. Also I'm eight months pregnant with a baby boy. Michael always wanted a big family. I would be surprised if he didn't, knowing that he'd grown up with such a big family.  

 

Michael is a military doctor overseas. When people get injured, he helps them become healthy again. Luckily, in Michael's troop nobody has gotten life threateningly injured. Also he helps the children. You would not believe how many malnourished and abused children he sees. It's heartbreaking.   

 

The worst part is that....the kids don't get to see their father for such long periods of time. We video chat whenever we can, Michael sends pictures, I send care packages and we write letters but it's just not the same. Having to wake up every morning without your husband beside you. Having to stare at the empty side of the bed, just wishing he were there to hold me and speak to me. 

 

I also pray for his safety. Everyday I pray that he is okay and that all other soldiers are okay. There are brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, mothers and fathers. I pray that they all can come home and everything would be peaceful.

 

Suddenly I heard a knock at the back door. Oh I hope it's Michael. If your wondering why the back door, ...I'll tell you later. I need to answer the door. 

 

"Mommy! Mommy! Is it daddy?"

 

"Yeah mommy! Is it?"

 

"Katy, JayCee, I won't know who it is until I open the door." I opened the door. There he was in his uniform. My man. The father of my children. My husband. 

 

"Daddy!!" Katy and JayCee attacked him with hugs. Michael bent down and gave them a big bear hug. Now he attacked them with kisses. 

 

"I missed you guys so much," he said. 

 

"Alright guys, come inside before flies start moving in," I said. 

 

They came in and shut the door. Michael looked at me and smiled. 

 

"Hey girls, why don't you go in the living room while I talk to mommy, okay?"

 

"Yes daddy," they said in unison. They ran to the living room giggling. 

 

Michael spread his arms out for a hug. I smiled and fell into his embrace. 

 

"Oh Michael I missed you so much." Tears were flowing freely down my cheeks. I didn't want cry but really feeling him and holding onto him set off my emotions. 

 

"Baby, I missed you too." He brushed his fingers through my hair and kissed the top of my head. He was so warm. I missed his warmth. 

 

He pulled away and thumbed my tears away. "Jolie, baby, don't cry. I want to see your beautiful face smiling and happy."

 

His eyes dropped to my protruding belly. "Oh my goodness. I can't believe how big you've gotten," he said giggling. 

 

I playfully slapped his arm. 

"...Thanks honey. You're too kind," I said sarcastically. 

 

"You know what I mean," he said pulling me closer. "You look beautiful and radiant. I just wanna kiss you," he said in his seductive low voice. 

 

"Well then, why don't you?" 

 

He did just that. He tilted my head up and kissed my lips with passion. It's been so long since we've kissed, I almost forgot how great it felt. I moved my hands through his curls. 

 

"Ewww!" 

 

"Yuck!"

 

Michael and I turned to see Katy and JayCee making grossed out faces. 

 

"Oh you two..."

 

"Come here."

 

Michael and I picked up the girls and began to tickle them. They giggled and shrieked out of laughter. This is my family and even though its for a little while we are together. 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Thank you for reading my story. Please review. :D

I'll Be There by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

My eyes blinked open and saw him. Last night wasn't a dream. There was my angel just sleeping away. The empty side of the bed was filled. I smiled and had the urge to kiss him. That's how I would get him up when he'd secretly spend the night at my house in high school. 

 

I decided to follow my urges and leaned in to kiss him. His lips were so soft and warm. 

 

Hmm... Michael needs a little extra. I kissed him more passionately. He began to kiss me back. 

 

Bingo. 

 

He opened his eyes and smiled at me. "Good morning Jolie," he said in a raspy voice as he stretched. 

 

"Good morning Michael. Did you sleep well?" 

 

"Very well. You?"

 

"I slept wonderfully because I had you with me," I said. 

 

"Also because I wore you out last night," he winked referring to our "intimate" evening. I playfully slapped his arm. 

 

Michael smiled and sat up and reached to the nightstand to get a hair band to put his hair in a pony tail. 

 

Funny thing about Mike and his hair. When he first started practice in Afghanistan, his troop buddies "kidnapped" him, if that's the word for it. They duct taped his mouth and tied his hands and feet together so he couldn't struggle. Then they sat him in a chair and pulled out some hair clippers. Everybody had some kind of haircut but not my husband. He begged to his troop leader so he could keep his long hair. Michael heard those hair clippers and had a fit but he couldn't get out of their "trap". Then he began to cry. His buddies felt bad and untied Michael. But just because they felt bad didn't mean they didn't clown him about it. They called him Clippers for three weeks! I hope he doesn't get mad at me for telling this story.... Oh well. 

 

Today Michael's family and my parents are coming over for a welcome home BBQ. I'd better get ready because knowing Michael's family, they're either very early or fashionably late. 

 

    ••••••••••

 

I was cutting some veggies for the salad. Michael was outside grilling the chicken. Today is so beautiful, it's great for a BBQ. 

 

I heard the back door open and went over to see who it was. 

 

"Janet! How are you?" 

 

"I'm great! Oh my goodness you've gotten so big!" Dang, I know I'm big and pregnant. I don't everyone to remind me. 

 

"You know Janet, you and Michael are so alike. He said the same thing." We laughed and walked into the kitchen. 

 

"Auntie Janet!" Katy and JayCee came running to her. 

 

"Hey girls. How are you?" 

 

"We're good," they said in unison. 

 

"That's great, girls. Now go be good girls and help mommy in the kitchen." 

 

"Yes Auntie Janet." 

 

     ••••••••••

 

All throughout the morning Michael's family poured in. My parents had called and told me they couldn't make it. 

 

It was around noon. Michael and his brothers were out back and the girls and I were in the kitchen. Everything was ready and covered to be put outside. The only thing left was the sweet potato pies that were still in the oven. 

 

"So Jolie, how do you keep up the household," LaToya asked. 

 

"Yeah girl, how do you do it? You have twin girls, a child on the way, AND you're married to my brother. Girl you are super woman," Janet added. 

 

"Well, I guess I'm just strong willed. I have to be strong because when Michael's not here, I am the rock. I mean, if rocks weren't strong, we wouldn't make houses on top of them. I am an example to my children and if I'm not strong; they're not strong."  

 

"Girl, that was deep," Rebbie said. 

 

I was getting the pies out the oven when I got this sharp pain in my abdomen. So painful that I almost dropped the pies. 

 

"Owww. Owwwww!"

 

"Oh my goodness, Jolie are you okay?"

 

"No! Ahhh! Please...get...Michael!"

 

••••••••••

 

I was grilling the chicken for the BBQ. Me and my brothers were sitting on the patio drinking some beers and soda. 

 

"So.... Michael how did you and Jolie celebrate your homecoming," asked Marlon. 

 

"You know how they celebrated, Marlon," Jermaine mused. "They got busy." We all shared a laugh. 

 

"Can't y'all get your mind out of the gutter for one day," I said. Again we shared a laugh. 

 

We were interrupted by Janet running outside. 

 

"Michael! Jolie needs you!"

 

I didn't need an explanation, all I knew was that my wife needed me. 

 

••••••••••

 

I was on the couch with the pain still in my abdomen. Rebbie and LaToya were watching over me. 

 

"Where is she!" I heard Michael coming inside the house. 

 

"She's over here Michael," Rebbie said. 

 

Michael ran over to me. "Jolie what's wrong?"

 

"My stomach... it hurts... so bad," I said through the pain. 

 

"Okay baby. Calm down and do our breathing exercises. In and out... In and out...."

 

I breathed in and out. The pain was beginning to subside. Michael held my hand and breathed with me. 

 

I went through the same thing with Katy and JayCee and Michael was there. What if Michael wasn't here today. Here I was talking about how I'm the rock when Michael's gone and I can't even think straight when I'm in pain.  

 

••••••••••

 

After my little spell, we all went outside and enjoyed the barbecue. The food was great and the pies were delicious. We all just laughed and talked. Michael and his brothers shared some stories when they were young. We just had fun time. 

 

Right now Michael was putting the kids to bed. 

 

••••••••••

 

"Okay my angels, what story do you guys want me to read," I said tucking them in. 

 

"Peter Pan!" JayCee exclaimed. 

 

"Yeah Daddy! Peter Pan," Katy agreed. 

 

"Okay Peter Pan it is." I got the book from the shelf and began to read. Peter Pan is one of my favorites too. 

 

After a couple of pages they fell fast asleep. So cute. I closed the book and kissed them goodnight. 

 

"Goodnight my angels," I whispered then turned off the lights and went to my bedroom. 

 

••••••••••

 

Michael came into the room and climbed into bed with me then carefully placing his head on my chest. I petted his hair 

 

"The kids are asleep?" I asked.

 

"Yeah, they are knocked out," he said putting his hand on my tummy. 

 

"Ya know Mike, we need to talk," I said placing my other hand overtop his. 

 

"Mmm?" he droned. 

 

"Michael what if...," I trailed off. 

 

"What if what?"

 

"What if you can't see your son being born? You know how I felt when you couldn't be there for Katy and JayCee. I just don't want to be disappointed again. I'm sorry if I sound selfish, but I wish my husband could be there holding my hand. Or what if Anubis comes back? Then what?" 

 

Michael sat up and looked at me. "Jolie, baby, I promise that I'm going to be there. The superintendent assured me that I would be able to stay home for two great months. You're not being selfish, I understand how you feel, baby." He intwined our fingers together and kissed my lips.  

 

"As for Anubis, he's never coming back. He's locked up. For life," Michael assured. 

 

He trailed kisses from my lips to my neck. I shuddered at his hot breath on my skin. His scent was so intoxicating. Why does he do this to me?

 

"Michael, I need you...."

 

End Notes:

 

Thank you for reading :) Please review :)

 

Oh and you'll hear about Anubis in the next chapter :) 

 

Pictures of the characters. by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

Jolie

 

 

 

Katy

 

 

 

JayCee

 

 

 

You can picture Michael any way you want to ^_^.  

 

Anubis by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

 

Anubis in college

 

 

 

Jolie in college

 

 

 

Michael in college

 

 

 

What time is it? Let me look at the clock here....

 

Two in the morning. 

 

Michael had his hand over my belly and his head on my chest. I blushed thinking of what just happened a couple hours ago. I am so glad Katy and JayCee are wonderful sleepers. 

 

Speaking of sleep, I can't get any. I keep thinking of Anubis. Maybe if I try to get him out of my mind..... Some time went by and I looked at the clock, 2:50 a.m. 

 

Ugh I'm not going to get any sleep. I'm going to the kitchen. But my sweet angel is sleeping so quiet and sound. I tried to move as slowly and quiet, trying not to wake him; but sadly I failed. 

 

"Mmmh baby, where you going," Michael said looking at the clock. 

 

"Oh I'm just gonna get some water, kinda thirsty," I said putting on my robe. 

 

"You sure you're okay? I'll come with you if you want." 

 

"No Mike sleep. I'm a big girl, I'll be fine."

 

He smiled and laid his back on the pillow. 

 

I walked down the stairs and got a cup from the cabinet and poured some water then sat at the kitchen table. 

 

I sighed and thought about Anubis. Damn, why did I even have to mention him? 

 

I'm sorry, here I am talking about Anubis, and you guys are like "who's Anubis?" 

 

Well, Anubis is my ex-boyfriend. His real name is Damion. We met in college, he was a senior and I was a freshman. I felt so cool dating a senior. He was so sweet and caring. He carried my books, walked me home, bought me gifts; the whole enchilada. Not to mention he was fine as wine. But of course not as fine as Michael. 

 

Anubis changed when he found out me and Michael were friends. At the time, it was nothing romantic between Michael and me. I would tell him that nothing was going on between us but he just didn't believe me....

 

(~~flashback~~)

 

"Anubis, why are you being so weird about this? We are just friends," I said. 

 

"Just friends? You guys  parade around the campus like y'all in love and whenever he's around, you act like I'm invisible." 

 

"I'm sorry if that's how you feel but I just can't up and say 'Michael we can't be friends anymore'. That's rude." 

 

"It's not just about my feelings, you're always with him. When I call you and ask what you're doing 'Oh I'm with Michael'," he imitated, "You stood me up and when I asked you where you were, 'I was studying with Michael'.  You know what," he stepped closer to me, "are you cheating on me?"

 

I was appalled. How could he make such a drastic assumption?

 

"What? No! Of course not. How could you think so little of me? First of all I do not sound like that and secondly, why would I cheat on you? You are a great guy and I love you." 

 

"Okay fine, but if I find out you are cheating...," he raised his hand to me. My eyes widened. Was he really going to hit me? No...he's just kidding....right?

 

••••••••••

 

The next day, I was walking to my apartment with Michael. I could get into college cheaper if I got my apartment off campus. 

 

"He really thinks that?"

 

"Yeah! He thinks something is going on with us," I said. 

 

"Well... If I you were my girl, I would be jealous too if I saw you with a fine brother like myself," Michael said while popping his collar. 

 

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. 

A car driving by caught my attention. Anubis?

 

The car window rolled down. "Hey Jolie, what's up?" 

 

I looked at Michael then Anubis, "...Hey sweetie, what are you doing here?"

 

"Just driving around.... Why don't you hop in and I could take you home."

 

"Uh... I think I'll walk with Michael."

 

Michael chimed in, "Ya know, it's fine. Go with your boyfriend," he smiled. 

 

"...Well, okay.... Thanks Mike for understanding." I got my books from him and got into Anubis' car and we drove away. 

 

"What the hell was that?"

 

I looked at him, "What are you talking about?"

 

"You know darn well what I'm talking about. What did I tell you about seeing that thing?"

 

"That THING has a name and you cannot tell me who I can and cannot hang out with!" I folded my arms and placed my head on the window. We passed the turn to my house. 

 

"You missed the turn," I said confused. 

 

"Yeah, I know."

 

"Where are you taking me? I want to go home."

 

Silence. 

 

At the moment I was beginning to get frightened. Where is he taking me? 

 

A few moments later, we arrived at his apartment complex. I've been here a couple times, but not enough to find it on my own. 

 

Anubis parked the car and we sat in silence. My breathing was heavy. The car doors unlocked and Anubis got out. Then he abruptly opened my side door. 

 

"Come on." 

 

I shook my head, "No, I wanna go home."

 

Anubis chuckled. "No? I'll teach you no." 

 

He forcefully grabbed me and carried me to his apartment. I screamed but nobody came to help me. I struggled but he was too strong.  

 

Anubis threw me on his bed and ripped open my shirt. Oh no, please don't do this to me. 

 

"Anubis please don't do this," I pleaded trying to cover myself. 

 

He straddled my waist and hovered over my face. "I told you that there would be a consequence....but you didn't believe me." By this time I was crying and scared shitless. How could he be so heartless. 

 

"Anubis pl--"

 

I was interrupted by a slap in the face. 

 

"Shut up! You can talk when I'm done with you."

 

The rest was a blur. All I knew was that I woke up in the street somewhere. Luckily Anubis clothed me before dumping me in the street. I felt so lost and used. 

 

I got up and started walking. I didn't know where I was. 

 

It was getting late and I still didn't know where I was. 

 

I sat down on the side of the road. A familiar car drove by. This time it was Michael. Boy, am I glad to see him. He got out of the car and knelt down to me. 

 

"Oh my God Jolie! What happened? Did he do this to you?" 

 

"He...had his way with me...," I began to cry against his chest, "then he just dumped me in the street. Please don't leave me," I sobbed. 

 

"Don't worry, I'll never leave you."

 

(~~end flashback~~)

••••••••••

 

Anubis got five years in jail for a rape charge. But he got out early by bail. Which I thought was injustice. As soon as he got out, I got a restraining order against him. But of course he wanted revenge. 

 

He'd found out that Michael and I had gotten married and found out where we lived. At that point in time the twins were a couple months old.  

 

Anubis broke into our house but we had an alarm system so we heard him quickly. I was scared for the twins. Luckily Michael was there to protect us. Not bragging or anything but Michael put the hurtin' on Anubis before the cops got there. 

 

Anubis got locked up for life and we never saw him again. 

 

So.... Yeah... That's Anubis for you.  

 

••••••••••

 

I went back upstairs. But before returning to bed, I went to check on the girls. Sound asleep. I smiled and went back to my bedroom, climbed into bed, and drifted off to sleep. 

 

End Notes:

Thanks for reading :D Please review <3

The Phone Call by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

A week went by and everything was going great. Michael and I decided to take take the girls to the petting zoo. 

 

The girls love animals, they get that from their father. Don't get me wrong, I love animals too but Michael is more passionate about them. 

 

We were walking up to a pen that had a baby white tailed deer with it's mother. 

 

"Look mommy, it's Bambi," JayCee said pointing to the pen. 

 

"Yeah honey, looks just like Bambi."

 

The animal handler walked up to us. 

 

"Would you guys like to feed the baby?"

 

JayCee and Katy turned to us. 

 

"Ooh mommy, daddy, can we?" Katy asked. 

 

"Yeah can we?" JayCee added. 

 

"Of course you can, girls," Michael said. 

 

We went into the pen and Michael, the girls and I petted and bottle fed the fawn. 

 

Michael looked so cute feeding the fawn:

 

 

"About how much would it cost to have a little zoo like this," Michael asked the handler. 

 

"With the cost of food, the animals, and the pens... I'd say about $25,000," the handler replied. 

 

"Hmm...that's nice," Michael said smiling. 

 

I was confused. Why would Michael want to know the cost of the establishment? What's he got up his sleeve? I'll ask him later. 

 

After we finished petting the animals we went to the restrooms to wash our hands. We went back to the car and settled in. 

 

"Okay, what do you guys want to eat for dinner?" I asked. 

 

"Can we go to KFC please?" JayCee asked. 

 

"Yeah mommy, KFC," Katy chimed. 

 

"Yeah baby, KFC," Michael said excitedly. 

 

I laughed, "KFC it is."

 

•••••••••

 

When we got home, the girls were pooped. After KFC, we went to get some frozen yogurt then we watched a movie at the theatre. 

 

Michael and I carried Katy and JayCee to their room and changed them into their pj's. They were practically zombies. Once they hit the pillow, they were knocked out. 

 

"Goodnight babies," I kissed their heads. 

 

"Goodnight angels," Michael kissed them goodnight after me. 

 

"Baby, I'm feeling a little tired. I'm gonna go to bed early. There's a sandwich in the fridge if you're hungry," I whispered. 

 

"Okay sweetie, goodnight. I'll be there in a few minutes," he kissed my cheek and said goodnight to his son. Its so cute when Michael talks to my belly. Soon he's going to see and hold his newborn son. 

 

I walked to the bedroom, put on my nightie, laid down and was out like a light. 

 

•••••••••

 

I was in the kitchen eating a sandwich when the phone rang. I went over and answered it quickly before it woke Jolie up. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hello, is this the Dr. Jackson residence?"

 

"Yes," I said, "how may I help you?"

 

"This is Superintendent Marshall with the U.S. Military."

 

I recognized him right away, "Oh, hello Superintendent Marshall. Is there something wrong?"

 

"Actually...yes. It has to do with your two month leave. There was a surprise bombing on one of your troop hospitals and we have lost five of our military doctors. The soldiers are at a very critical condition and we really need your help Dr. Jackson. You're going to have to come back."

 

What! Oh my goodness, this is terrible. But it's only been a week! Jolie will be so disappointed. The girls.... My son. I told her I would be there.... I guess mayhem has mercy on no one. 

 

"Hello? Dr. Jackson? Are you there?"

 

"Y--yes I'm here. When do I leave, sir?"

 

"We're sending over a plane three days."

 

Three days....

 

"Okay, thank you Superintendent Marshall. Good morning over there."

 

"Goodnight to you Dr. Jackson."

 

With those words, we hung up. I went back to the kitchen table and rubbed my temples. So many things going through my mind. How am I going to tell Jolie and the girls?

 

I'll tell them tomorrow morning. 

 

The sandwich was beginning to look unappetizing but Jolie made it for me, I don't want to waste it. I'll just put the plastic wrap back around it and eat it later. 

 

After I put the sandwich in the fridge, I went into the bedroom and stood in the door frame. She looked so beautiful both sleeping and awake. I sighed and changed into my pajamas and carefully got into bed with her, placing my arm over her in a protective yet intimate way. 

 

"I love you," I whispered. 

 

••••••••••

 

I woke up in early again. But this time Michael wasn't beside me. Am I dreaming? I got up, put my robe on, and walked to the bathroom. 

 

"Michael?" I whispered. Nobody there. 

 

I walked to the kitchen. "Michael?"

 

The back door was slightly ajar. I was scared. I grabbed the bat from behind the door and put on my slippers then opened the door.

 

I saw a figure on the on the porch. I raised the bat and crept up slowly to it. Right as I was about to swing the sun was starting to rise. 

 

"Jolie?"

 

I sighed and put the bat down. "Michael? Oh my gosh, you scared me. I thought you were a burglar. What are you doing out here?"

 

Michael chuckled. "I scared you? Says the woman with the bat," I rolled my eyes. 

 

"But still, is there something wrong, Mike?"

 

He sighed. "Come sit with me." He patted his knee. 

 

I walked over to him and sat on his lap. 

 

"Ow my legs!"

 

I gasped, "Oh Michael I'm sorry!" I made an effort to get up but he held me down and smiled. 

 

"Just kidding," he chuckled. 

 

I slapped his arm. "That wasn't funny," I said pouting. 

 

"Yeah it was. But anyway...I have to tell you something."

 

He got all serious. "What is it babe?"

 

"I'm gonna have to go back to Afghanistan early."

 

"...How early?"

 

He looked down but I grabbed his face and gently moved it to face mine. "How early, Michael?" I said trying to fight back tears. 

 

"...Three days...."

 

When he spoke, I lost the battle between me and my tear ducts. 

I began to cry against his chest. Why? Why did he have to go?

 

"Shh...baby, everything is gonna be alright." He bounce rocked me side to side as if I was a baby.

 

••••••••••

 

After a few minutes of crying, Michael explained what happened and why he had to go. I understood but how will the girls take it? They hate seeing their daddy leave. 

 

I was still in Michael's lap and he was rubbing my belly when the baby started to kick. 

 

He smiled a ear to ear grin. "Oh my gosh he's kicking." This was the first time since Michael's been home that the baby kicked. 

 

Seeing the look on Michael's face brought a smile to mine. Oh how much I'm gonna miss that beautiful face. 

 

End Notes:

 

Michael sitting on the back porch. 

 

 

Thank you so much for reading. Please leave reviews :) <3

 

New Life by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

Michael and I had went back inside around five in the morning. We didn't really sleep after that, we just talked some more and packed a few of Michael's things. It wasn't like there was much to pack, Michael hadn't even unpacked his things when he came back. Right now it was around 8:00 a.m.

 

"Hey Mike, you wanna go wake the girls up for breakfast."

 

"Uh...yeah."

 

He got up from our bed and walked out the door. 

 

••••••••••

 

I opened the girls' room and walked in. They were still asleep. Their room is very simple. Two twin beds. Katy on the right JayCee on the left. A pink table lamp that sits on a cherry wood nightstand separates them. 

 

Look at me, getting all side tracked. I shook my thoughts and walked in. 

 

"Girls...." I said in a sing song voice. "Time to wake up...."

 

Their little eyes blinked open. They sat up and smiled at me. 

 

"Good morning girls," I greeted. 

 

"Good morning daddy!" JayCee and Katy replied. 

 

I sat on the floor and patted the floor to the left and right of me, motioning them to sit with me. 

 

"Girls, I need to tell you something."

 

They looked at me all serious. 

 

"It's about me leaving to Afghanistan."

 

"We know daddy, you are staying for two months then you go back. It says so on our calendar," JayCee said. I always give them a calendar so they know when I come home. 

 

"Yeah about that, girls, daddy's gonna have to go back sooner than he expected."

 

"One month?" Katy asked. 

 

I shook my head and looked at them both. "I'm leaving in three days."

 

"B-but you just came back," JayCee said while she held onto me. Katy did the same. 

 

"I know but I promise I'll be back soon..."

 

Katy got up and walked away from me. I picked JayCee up and followed Katy. 

 

"Katy please don't walk away from me when I'm speaking to you." I reached my hand out to talk to her but she pushed my hand away. 

 

"It's not fair! You're always gone!" She then ran out of the room crying and into the bathroom. 

 

Jolie walked into the room. 

 

"I'll talk to her. You go feed JayCee," I said putting JayCee down. 

 

She nodded and took JayCee's hand then left the room.

 

••••••••••

 

Katy always takes it the hardest. She is more daddy's girl while her sister is more mommy's girl.

 

 I was at the bathroom door and opened it, then closed it behind me. Seeing Katy in the corner crying just broke my heart. I sat next to her on the floor. 

 

"...Katy," I said, "do you want to talk?" She shook her head no and kept on crying. 

 

"Okay. I'll talk and you nod yes or shake your head no." She slightly nodded. 

 

"Are you gonna miss daddy?"

 

She nodded, yes. 

 

"You don't want daddy to leave?"

 

She shook her head,no. 

 

"You know that I love you, right?"

 

"....Yes."

 

"Okay. That being said, do you think I would want to do anything to intentionally hurt you?" 

 

Katy shook her head. 

 

"Come here," I said holding my hands out. She came and gave me a big hug and I held her close. 

 

"Ya know, daddy helps the good guys fight the bad guys."

 

Katy looked up at me. "Really?"

 

"Yeah. Just like when you go to the doctor for a check up. I fix boo boos just bigger ones that need machines to help me check the patients. Also by me helping the good guys, its more safe for you, your sister and mommy."

 

"Oh... I see. I'm sorry that I was mean to you daddy. I love you," Katy said giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

 

I smiled, "Its okay sweetie. I love you more."

 

••••••••

 

The last three days went by painfully fast. Me, Janet, and the girls were dropping Michael off at the military base airport. Janet came because she didn't get to come say goodbye to Michael yesterday and because he doesn't want me driving in my condition. He thinks that I might go into labor, crash the car, and kill us all. 

I'm pretty sure i wouldn't do that but he's just looking out. 

 

We finished getting his stuff out the car and began saying our goodbyes. 

 

"I'm gonna miss you Joker," Janet said giving her brother a hug. 

 

"I'm gonna miss you too Dunk."

 

They hugged each other real tight then finally let go. 

 

Next, the girls' goodbyes. 

 

"Bye daddy!" They gave him a big, tight hug. 

 

"Bye angels.... I'm gonna miss you so much. Be good for mommy, okay? I love you," he said giving them kisses. 

 

After Michael said goodbye to the girls, it was my turn. 

 

He got up and walked over to me with his arms spread out. 

 

"I'm gonna miss you," I said while he held me. 

 

"I'm gonna miss you more," he said. "Could you be a dear and not have the baby until I get back?" He asked, batting his eyelashes. 

 

I looked at him with a face that read 'you're kidding, right?' 

 

"Michael don't even play. I'm ready to get this baby out," I said with my hand on my tummy. 

 

He sighed. "Okay... I guess I'll see you FOUR when I get back," Michael smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. I smirked and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

 

When I pulled away, I looked into his eyes. "Michael, promise me you'll come back."

 

He looked at me confused. "Jolie, what do you mean?"

 

"I just want to hear you say it."

 

"Well, do you want me to answer that realistically or romantically?"

 

I bit my lip, "Both."

 

"Okay. I promise that I'll come back, but...if I don't; I'm not going to go without a fight. I love you and the girls and my family too much to go down willingly."

 

A tear rolled down his cheek and I wiped it away. We hugged one last time before he had to go. I took in all of him. His scent, his beauty, his warmth, everything....

 

We all watched him disappear onto the plane.

 

••••••••••

 

Janet dropped me and the girls at the house 

 

When we got to the house the girls took a nap. I was in the kitchen making lunch when a trickle of water ran down my legs making me almost slip. 

 

Oh gosh my water broke. 

 

I walked to the phone and called Janet. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Thank goodness! Janet, I need you to take me to the hospital. My water broke." 

 

"Okay I'm on my way!" With that we hung up. 

 

I did my breathing exercises as I walked to the girls' room. I gently woke them up. 

 

"Girls, we're going to the hospital. You're little brother is on the way. Go wash up and meet me in the living room."

 

"Okay mommy."

 

I went back to the kitchen to clean up a bit of the mess I had made. Just as I had finished cleaning up, Janet was knocking at the back door. Thank goodness. 

 

I went over to the door and opened it. 

 

"Are you ready to go Jolie?"

 

"Yeah just I need my bag from upstairs by the door."

 

"Okay, I'll go get it," Janet ran up the stairs and got the bag then we left. 

 

••••••••••

 

Katy and JayCee got out if the bathroom and called out for Jolie. 

 

"Mommy?" Katy asked. 

 

"Where's mommy?" JayCee also asked. 

 

"You think she left us?" Katy this time. 

 

"I don't think so. But I'm hungry, let's eat."

 

The sandwiches that Jolie was preparing for lunch were still on the counter. They sat down at the kitchen table and began to eat.

 

The back door opened abruptly. 

 

"Mommy!" They shrieked. 

 

"Oh my goodness girls, I am sooo sorry. Grab your sandwiches and come on into Auntie Janet's car."

 

••••••••••

 

I was laying in the hospital bed waiting for the doctor to come in. Janet and the girls were in the waiting room. 

 

Finally the doctor came in. He was wearing a mask so I couldn't really see his face. 

 

"Hello Mrs. Jackson, I'm Dr. Vasari and I will be delivering your baby today."

 

"Oh like the famous painter Giorgio Vasari?" I asked. 

 

He looked at me and smiled. "You know, you're the first patient to know the artist Giorgio Vasari. But I've looked into my family history, we have no relation." He slightly chuckled. 

 

"Yeah, my husband loves the arts and he keeps me educated on these things.

 

"Well, I'm just gonna see if you're dilated." He lifted up the covers and checked. 

 

"You're not completely ten centimeters yet so I'll be back in a few minutes."

 

Here I am. All alone. I really wish Michael was here. He'd be all excited. I can't call him, he's still on the plane. But right when I know he's landed safely. I'll call him and tell him the good news. 

 

A few minutes had went by and Dr. Vasari came back and checked again if I was fully dilated. Nothing yet. 

 

••••••••••

 

"AHHHHH! Oh my gosh, get this baby out of me!!! Why did I ever let Michael touch me?!!"

 

"Okay Mrs. Jackson when I say push, you push. Okay?" 

 

I gave a strong push. 

 

"Mrs. Jackson I didn't say push."

 

"You just said it three times," I screamed matter-of-factly. 

 

"Okay...he's crowning. Now PUSH!"

 

I gave another strong push. 

 

"PUSH!"

 

"AHHHHHHHH!!" 

 

"PUSH! One more and he's out of there."

 

It took all my energy and might but I pushed one last time and collapsed onto the bed. I felt relieved when I heard my newborn's crying. I began to cry too. Finally my baby boy is here. 

 

"Beautiful baby boy," Dr. Vasari said holding up the baby so I could see him. I smiled. The doctor cut the umbilical cord then the nurse cleaned and wrapped him up in a little blanket and placed him on chest. 

 

"Hey little guy," I said in a hushed voice while smiling, "I'm your mommy." I stroked his cheek and kissed his forehead.

 

"What are you going to name him?" the nurse asked. 

 

I looked at him all wrapped up and cute. Michael and I had agreed that his first son would be named after him.

 

"Michael Joseph Jackson Jr." 

 

 The nurse smiled and took him from my chest to put him in the neonatal. They said we need our rest. It was true, I was exhausted. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. 

 

End Notes:

 

Michael Joe Jackson Jr. 

 

 

Thanks for being patient with me and I want to thank you for reading and reviewing. :) I love you guys for reading my story. <3

 

The Front Door by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

I sighed thinking about Jolie and the girls. I miss them so much. I've been here for two days and I can't get them off of my mind. It's like--

 

"Hey Dr. Jackson, we have a surprise for you," one of my nurses and close friend Jacklyn said smiling. 

 

I looked confused. "A surprise? For me? What is it?"

 

She rolled her eyes. "Will you stop asking questions and follow me!" 

 

I giggled and followed her. It's not everyday that someone has a surprise for me. We walked down the hallway where it led into the lobby where the computers are for the visitors. 

 

She sat me at one of the computers. "Well... What is it?"

 

Again, she rolled her eyes. "Turn it on genius." I giggled and turned the monitor on:

 

You've got mail. 

 

I opened the e-mail. It was a video message. I pressed play and watched happily:

 

[][][][][][][][][][]

 

"Hi Michael! I have a surprise for you," she got the baby from another person... Janet, I think. 

 

"The fourth member of our child is here," she smiled. "Say hi to daddy," she said waving his hand.

 

"Like we agreed, his name is Michael Joseph Jackson Jr. And he already loves the sound of your voice. I've been playing the tapes you gave me of you reading. His face gets all giddy until he falls asleep. Its adorable, Michael." 

 

"Mommy, you said we could talk too," said a tiny voice off camera. 

 

"Oh yeah," she giggled, "Here are the girls."

 

"Hi daddy!" They waved. "We miss you!!"

 

"Come back safely. I love you daddy," JayCee said while blowing a kiss to the camera. 

 

"Yeah come back soon, love you daddy," Katy said; she too blowing a kiss. 

 

They got off the bed, leaving Jolie and Michael Jr. 

 

"We really do miss you...remember your promise." She smiled one last time and turned the camera off. 

 

[][][][][][][][][][]

 

A tear rolled down my cheek as I turned the monitor. 

 

"Aw Mike, you're getting soft on me now," Jacklyn said with tears in her eyes too. 

 

I smirked and wiped my face. "Thank you for showing me that-- I needed that," I said as I gave her a hug. 

 

"You really love your family don't you?" 

 

I nodded. 

 

"They give me strength and love me unconditionally."

 

••••••••••

 

Two weeks later:

 

I was woken up by Michael Jr. crying. I haven't had any decent sleep since I got home. That was about two and a half weeks. He's either wet, or crying, or cranky, or hungry. I feel so stupid for leaving the tapes at the hospital but they said they would return them. Two weeks ago. You'd think that I'd be a pro at this but when the twins were babies, Michael was there to help. I miss Michael everyday. 

 

I'm so hopeless. 

 

••••••••••

 

"Janet, can you please come over?"

 

"Of course girl. You need to rest up. I'll be there in a few."

 

"Thank you so much. See you in a little bit."

 

"Alright, bye."

 

••••••••••

 

I put Michael Jr. down for a nap while the girls watched T.V. in the living room. They are always glued to that television. Hey, but at least they watch some educational television shows on Nick Jr. 

 

The doorbell rang. 

 

My heart began to beat faster. All these thoughts were flooding my mind:

 

That can't be Janet; she knows to use the backdoor...

 

What's going on? 

 

Is Michael hurt?

 

I pulled myself together and walked over to the door and opened it. 

 

Nobody there. 

 

I went out onto the door and looked around. Nobody. 

 

"Hello?"

 

I heard giggling in the bushes. 

 

I went over to the bushes and pushed them aside. Greg and Andy. They are the neighbor's kids; they think it's funny to knock on my door anytime they please, even though I have told them time and time again that they shouldn't play around like that. 

 

"Alright boys, get out of the bushes. You know that knocking on this door is for very important people when they come to the house," I scolded. 

 

"We're sorry Mrs. Jackson..."

 

"Yeah, but please don't play around at the door anymore or I will contact your parents again," I said sternly. 

 

"Okay Mrs. Jackson..." They smiled and ran off. 

 

I shook my head and went back into the house. 

 

I guess it's about time I told y'all why we don't use the front door. 

 

It all started when Michael first was stationed in Afghanistan; also when we first got married. Every time someone would ring the doorbell, I would get so scared. What if it had something to do with Michael? What if he'd gotten hurt? Or, God forbid, what if he was dead! I couldn't come to my senses. I was totally out of it. Oh and by the way, this was a year before the twins. Don't want y'all thinking I'm a neglectful mother. 

 

I began getting slightly depressed and soon after I stopped answering the doorbell completely. Just sit in the bedroom and cry...waiting for Michael to come back. 

 

When Michael and I would write letters, I would lie and tell him I was doing fine. Then I would feel bad about lying to my husband. But Michael knew me too well, in his letters he would ask me what's going on. Finally I broke down and told him about my depression and what caused it. 

 

He suggested that we tell everybody we know to use the back door because the Casualty Officers will always come to the front door. I loved this idea. I began to get more comfortable and work my way out of depression. 

 

When Michael came back home I was still a bit emotional. Michael decided to "soothe" me.....

 

So that's why we don't use the front door. 

 

...And that's how we ended up with the twins. 

 

••••••••••

 

The phone rang. It was Janet. 

 

"Hello," I greeted. 

 

"Hey Jolie, I'm gonna be a little late. I decided to get some ice cream for the kids but there was the longest line in the grocery store. Now I'm in traffic."

 

"Oh it's okay, and thanks for the ice cream. You didn't have to do that."

 

"Gurl it's fine--"

 

The doorbell rang again. 

 

"Hold on...there's someone at the door," I said cutting her off. 

 

I walked over to the front door again and opened it. 

 

"Boys! How many times have I told you to--" 

 

I stopped mid-sentence. It wasn't Greg and Andy. 

 

It was "them". 

 

Two men adorned in military attire were standing at my door holding a letter and an American flag.  

 

"Mrs. Jackson?" One of them asked. 

 

I sighed, "Yes?"

 

"We are here to tell you that your husband Dr. Michael Joseph Jackson was one of the casualties in a surprise terrorist attack bombing on his military base. We could not find his body so today we bring to you and your family an American flag that each of the casualties' families will get to remember them by. Also we found these close to where he slept."

 

His wedding ring and a picture of me and Michael on our first date. 

 

"No.." I whispered.

 

"No! No! No!! This isn't true!" screaming this time.  

 

"No? What isn't true? What's going on Jolie?" I forgot Janet was even on the phone. 

 

I dropped the phone and wept. The hot tears running down my cheeks hurt. They burned me. My whole world came crashing down. My knees gave way and I fell to the floor. The soldiers tried to calm me but I didn't want them to touch me. 

 

The girls came to the door and hugged me when they saw me crying. 

 

"Mommy what's wrong?" Katy asked. 

 

"Yeah mommy, what happened?" JayCee added. 

 

I could barely see them because of my tears. I hugged them close to me. That's all I could do. I couldn't bring myself to tell them that Michael's never coming back. 

 

He's never coming back....

 

End Notes:

 

Thank you all so much for reading. :)

Please review :D 

 

Anubis Returns by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

The Casualty Officers had left a while later. Right now the girls and I were on the couch crying. Michael Jr. was in his crib next to the couch. Telling the girls their father was dead is something a mother would never ever want to have to explain to her children.

 

I don't even know if I can go on. I'm now a widow and a single mother of three, I have no job. What am I going to do?

 

Janet came in through the back door and looked around for me. 

 

"Jolie what happened?"

 

"It's Mike--," I whimpered. 

 

"Mike? What's wrong with Michael? Is he hurt?"

 

"I wish he was just hurt...at least he could heal," I sniffed. 

 

"Jolie you're scaring me. What happened to--"

 

"Janet he's dead!" 

 

Michael Jr. started crying. Damn. I didn't want to scream so loud. 

 

"W-what?!" She dropped her bag on the floor and put her hand on her chest. "It's true?"

 

I nodded while I tried to calm the baby. 

 

"Please don't cry Mikey," I whispered. 

 

Oh Michael why did you have to go?

 

••••••••••

 

Four days earlier....

 

"Michael we need you to help us get this guy in here," said Dr. Hanson. 

 

A man dressed in all black came limping into the door with the help of Dr. Hanson. He had some kind of mask on his face that covered his mouth and nose but not his eyes which was also black. 

 

"Michael, I could use your help!" I snapped back to reality and helped Dr. Hanson. We got the man into a bed and hooked him up to an IV. 

 

"Michael, check this man out while I get the others. They were in some type of car wreck down the road," Dr. Hanson said. 

 

"Okay," I replied. 

 

"Sir, can you tell me what happened?"

 

He just shook his head, no. 

 

"Okay, we're going to have to tale off your shirt so I can see if you have anymore cuts or bruises," I said. 

 

He didn't speak, he shook his head no. 

 

"I'll turn around if you want?" I said turning. 

 

"No! I want see your face when I talk to you," he said...almost sinisterly. 

 

I turned around. "Excuse me?"

 

The man had taken off the mask and was now standing. The man who stole my wife's innocence. 

 

Anubis. 

 

"How did you get out of jail," I asked glaring at him. 

 

He chuckled. 

 

"Oh Michael, Michael, Michael. Let's just say....I know a guy who knows a guy..."

 

"What do you want from me Anubis?!"

 

He looked and walked up to me, meeting my glare. We stared each other down. He looked troubled yet so evil. 

 

"I want your life Michael...you stole her from me. I promised myself that when I got out, I was going to have her. Forever."

 

This guy is sick and he needs help. 

 

"Well Anubis, you're too late. Oh and I didn't steal her, she chose me," I said. 

 

"Oh trust me Michael, she's going to be in my arms one day... Calling me 'baby'.... Screaming my name out of pleasure...your children calling me daddy--" 

 

"You son of a witch--"

 

That's when I couldn't take it. My blood was boiling. I punched him right in the face making him stumble back. I grabbed him by his shirt and warned him. 

 

"Don't you EVER talk about my wife or my children again Anubis! Or I swear I'll--"

 

"You'll what? Huh Michael? Kill me?!" He laughed. "Please Michael you won't do anything to me."

 

"Just tell me what you want," I said tightening my grip on his shirt. 

 

"I want to kill you! Guys! Now!"

 

As he finished, his friends came busting through the door grabbing hold of me. I tried to break free but I wasn't strong enough. They punched me and kicked me to the ground. 

 

They kept punching and kicking... My breathing was becoming shallow. When they stopped hitting me, I laid there curled up in a ball from pain. I taste blood...I see blood--on the floor.  

 

Anubis bent down and took off my wedding ring and checked my pockets.

 

"Ooo look what we have here, a picture of Michael and Jolie sitting in a tree k.i.s.s.i.n.g..." He smirked and took out a lighter burning the edges of the picture. 

 

Anubis snapped signaling one of the men to come forward. 

 

"Here, I want you two to take these to Jolie and tell her he's dead...be creative about it. Ya know, get a flag or letter or something. Hell, even dress up. Just tell me when the job is done so I can make my move. Understood?"

 

The men nodded and they walked out of the room. 

 

Anubis bent down this time so we could be face to face. He picked up my head so I could have his "full" attention. 

 

"Seeing those men brutally beat you made me change my mind," he said mimicking a pouty face. "I'm not going to kill you after all....I'll just keep you prisoner." 

 

He forcefully dropped my head and turned to walk out but turned back around in the doorway. 

 

"I almost forgot," he laughed, "call me Damion Vasari."

 

End Notes:

 

Picture Anubis kinna like this

 

 

Sorry if the chapter is kinna confusing :- but trust me it will be more interesting and clear in the chapters to come ^_^  Oh and sorry if I update late school started and we already have four projects :P so... yeah (;

 

Thank you for reading :)

Please review :D

 

***Also if you remember in the prior chapters, Anubis' real name is Damion and Jolie's doctor was Dr. Vasari (; So this could brew up trouble***

Moment of Weakness by Mjmoonwalkergirl

 

It was about eleven o'clock and I was laying in bed. Michael Jr. was asleep in his crib beside the bed. 

 

I felt Michael's side of the bed....so cold. Even though he wasn't there, his scent lingered. 

 

Warm, strong vanilla. 

 

I closed my eyes imagining he was there....He was smiling at me. Holding me. 

 

"Jolie..."

 

He sounded all echoed and far away. 

 

"Michael?" I opened my eyes and sat up. 

 

He was gone. 

 

I wanted to talk to Katy and JayCee but they wanted to go to grandma Katherine's house. Wouldn't blame them; there are so many things that remind them of Michael. 

 

It's now one in the morning and I still haven't gotten any sleep. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the back door. 

 

What the....it's one in the morning! I put my robe on and checked on Michael Jr. before leaving the room. 

 

The knocking became more violent which frightened me. 

 

"...H-Hello?" I stammered. "Who is it?"

 

"Uh...it's Dr. Vasari. I wanted to see how you were doing." His voice sounded muffled through the door. Why would my doctor need to see me at this time of the night?

 

I grabbed the bat from behind the door and reached for the knob, opening the door. 

 

To my dismay, it was the very man I never ever wanted to see. 

 

"Anubis what are you doing here? You're supposed to be in jail," I said barely above a whisper. 

 

"No... I'm back to Damion and I got out for good behavior. I came to tell you that I'm a changed man."

 

"Yeah right. You are still that bastard that raped me and dumped me off in the street when you were done with me! I'm not stupid, they don't just let rapists out on "good behavior". Get out of my house before I call the police!" Tears were starting to run down my face. 

 

"Please just listen to me. I...I love you Jolie."

 

This was the first time he'd said this to me. When we were dating and I would say "I love you", he would say "me too" or "that's fine". But he actually said he loved me. Why do I even care? 

 

"Well Damion, you're too late. Michael and I are happily married and we have beautiful children together. Now please leave," I said opening the door waiting for him to leave. 

 

"I heard about Michael. I'm truly sorry...."

 

He looked at me with those eyes...those beautiful brown eyes--  But those eyes don't work on me anymore. Damion knew I was serious and began to walk out the door. After he left I closed the door behind him and locked it. 

 

It looked stormy out. Like it was about to rain any minute. Just when I was walking away from the door it began to rain. Then another knock at the door. 

 

Damion. 

 

I'm not going to let him in. A big roll of thunder clapped followed by a big bolt of lightning. 

 

"Jolie please let me in. I-I'm scared of storms and I walked here."

 

It was true, he became a big baby when it came to storms. Damn. Why do I have to be so nice. 

 

"Okay, I will let you in only to use the phone to call a cab." 

 

I unlocked the door and he pushed it open before he devoured my lips. His wet lips felt so good and his tongue was sweetly swishing around in my mouth. I moaned as he picked me up and pushed my body up against the wall. I pictured him as Michael as our lips danced. 

 

His hands crept into my robe and into my night shirt caressing me and squeezing me.  

 

I sighed lustfully and opened my eyes. I was horrified. What have I done?

 

"Damion get out..."

 

He was confused. "What? Why--"

 

"I said let go of me and get out!"  

 

He opened the door and stopped. With his back turned to me he said. "You're only acting this way because you felt it too."

 

He slammed the door and then I  slid down the wall and wept. 

 

••••••••••

 

"Do you think he's dead?"

 

"Nah, Anubis said he wasn't going to kill him."

 

I heard voices. I woke up with a throbbing pain throughout my body. My head felt heavy. I tried to lift my hand to my head but it felt heavy too. It felt like it was being weighed down. I opened my eyes or I thought I did. Everything was dark. I still had that copper taste from the blood. 

 

Why am I here?

 

What did I do? 

 

Why can't I think straight? 

 

I had noticed I was still on the floor so I tried to get up. 

 

"Look! He's awake.

 

I tried to feel around and I felt something cold and flat in front of me. I thought it was a wall to I propped myself up with the little strength I had left. 

 

All I want is Jolie and my kids. I'm scared. What if my kids are hurt? 

 

"Is this what you wanted!" I screamed. 

 

"You wanted to see me suffer?!!"

 

For the first time in my adult life I cried. I didn't like to cry. It showed weakness. For all these years and all the tears that should have flowed, they all flowed right now. The first time I showed a moment of weakness.

 

End Notes:

 

Anubis 

 

^^^I do have to say this picture of Anubis (Shemar Moore) is über cute.

 

Tell me what you think of Jolie and Damion kissing. Do you think she is in the wrong or is it Damion's fault. How about Michael being held captive, what would you do if you were in their shoes? Thank you for reading and please review :-D

Lost by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

Wow, been a while with this one. I couln't really choose where I wanted to go with it but I hope you enjoy. :D

I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to get out of here. It's been weeks or so I think...I lost count of the days.

They are such animals. What did I do to deserve this? All I want to do is see my family. I'd give anything to see my children again and that beautiful face of my wife.

They let me out to go to the bathroom but other than that, I'm in this dark cellar chained up to a wall. Also a "shower" which consists of them pushing me outside and spraying me with a garden hose(with my clothes still on). They do all of this while I'm blindfolded so in case I escape, I can't tell authorities a description of the place I was in.

I heard them coming down the hallway or at least I think its a hallway. All I see is dark. All I know is that I heard footsteps.

They opened the mini door and threw in a paper bag.

It had been like this for a while. They throw in food and I eat it. At first I didn't eat but the hunger made me give in.

The spirit is strong but the body is weak. Today it was a peanutbutter and jelly sandwhich.

The phone rang then I heard muffled voices while I ate. I couldn't make out what they were saying but I knew they were fighting. 

Soon after what seemed to be a phonecall, the door opened again but this time it was a wider door. I cringed at the light coming from it; it was too much light at the same time for my sensitive eyes for I havn't seen much light in the past weeks. Once my eyes adjusted, I saw a muscular man with a scraggly beard. He stared down at me with a menacing look. The man walked toward me and unlocked my chain.

"Get up."

I was confused... "W-what?"

"Get the hell up!" I must have tried his patience becuase he grabbed me by my collar and pushed me through the door.

I fell flat on my face but the man didn't seem to care. He kicked me right in my side as I was still down. the pain was unbearable for I was still healing fron the first incident. I just lay there in the fetal posistion, hunching over in pain. 

The man called over to his friend who wasn't as muscular but he too had a beard. They went at opposite sides of me, one at my shoulders and one at my feet. I was still weak from the hit so I didn't care if they carried me but I was still afraid of what they were going to do.

They carried me outside to an ATV, kind of like the ones they had back at the squadron. They probably stole it from there. They opened the trunk and threw me in. I banged on the trunk cover but they could care less. So I banged louder and screamed. I was silenced by a gunshot. 

I stayed quiet.

The truck began to move. We went over rocky area, I could tell because every bump would cause me to hit my head on the trunk.

It seemed we'd been driving for hours, making small stops but would soon start again.

At the moment we had stopped again. Another break maybe?

I heard two sets of footsteps The men opened the trunk and aggressively pulled me out. The sand hurt as I landed on it.

The bright sun burned my eyes. I moaned because of my sore body. Those many stops didn't allow me to get out of the trunk. I did my best to sit up. There was nothing but golden sand around us.

"This is the end of your journey with us man," said the more muscular man.

He threw a canteen to me which I assumed had water in it. 

"W-what do you mean?" I asked.

"You're not our problem anymore!"

With that they got into the vehicle and drove away, leaving a cloud of dust and heat waves.

 

*********************

 

I was in the kitchen making the girls' lunch while they played in the family room with their toys. They had came back from grandma's house this morning.

I was thinking of what happend last night. I wasn't in the right of mind, it meant nothing. What if it had gotten further....my goodness I'm so ashamed. My husband just died and I was about to have relations with another man nonetheless the man that had harmed me once before. 

"Mommy did you hear me?" Katy said.

I snapped back into reality. "Sorry hun, what did you say?"

"I said, is lunch ready?"

"Just in a minute baby, what do you want to drink? Apple or grape?"

"Apple please," she said. 

"I want apple juice too Mommy," JayCee chimed. 

I smiled. "Okay sweeties, lunch is served."

They sat at the table and ate their lunch, ham and cheese with no crust. Just the way they like it.

I went into the nursery to wake up baby Michael so I could nurse him but I was interrupted by a knock on the back door. 

I sighed and went to get it. Janet was supposed to be coming over to talk about the memorial service for Michael. I guessed that it was her. 

The knocks got a bit louder. 

"Coming!"

I looked out the window and it was the very person I dreaded it would be: Anubis or now as he wants to be called by his real name. Damion.

I swear my heart literally jumped out of my chest. I went away from the window, hoping he wouldn't see me.

"Jolie, I know you're in there. We need to talk."

"Leave me alone Anu-- Damion! I don't want to talk."

"I'll stay here until you open up, trust me, I got all day."

Dang, I had to talk to him now. Michael's family didn't know anything about the whole incident between me and Anubis. Michael wanted it to stay that way. If he stayed there, Janet would see him. Crap.

I put on my shoes and opened the door and walked outside.

"What do you want now?"

"I want to talk to you."

"Well, talk..."

"Look, I'm sorry for coming onto you last night. That was rude of me but you know what you felt and I know what I felt. Jolie face it, you are still in love with me--"

"I am not and will never be in love with you Damion. You had your chance and you DEFFINATELY blew it."

He sighed. "I know, I made some horrible mistakes but I swear, I'm a changed man. Jolie, I love you so much, why don't you understand that?"

"Because people who say they 'love' someone, dont rape that person. That's why I don't understand. Damion, you used to be so nice and sweet, what happend. You changed."

"I know, but I've changed back. I'm sweet and nice again. I'll be any man you want me to be Jolie."

He got onto his knees and begged me. "Please Jolie, take me back. You know you can't have a job and take care of these kids. You need a man around the house and I want to be that man. Please, Jolie...please, please, take me back. I love you so much." He stared at me with such intensity.

There were tears flowing from his eyes which brought tears to mine. He was right, I do need someone to make an income around here...I can't work and take care of my kids by myself. Janet could help and so could Katherine but Kathrine is already loaded with taking care of Jermaine's kids and Janet has a career of her own...I-I can't believe I'm saying this but...

"Y-yes......I'll take you back."

His eyes were so full of genuine happiness. He bounced up off his knees and kissed me deeply. I pushed him off. 

"I want to take things slow first...that means, you won't be moving in any time soon and the family knows nothing of this."

"Okay, I can deal with that. I love you Jolie."

At least someone does, because I'm not feeling too good about myself right now...

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Uhh... yeah so umm.... Hope you guys enjoy this and a Happy New year to all of you readers ^_^ and trust me, I know where I'm going with this. I hate that I'm making Jolie so lenient with Anubis, kinna frustrates me, but at least I know where I'm going... for now o_o 

:D Please Reveiw :)!!!!

Mistake by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

Well Hello there! I know...I haven't updated in like foreverrr. But school is kickin my but and then my laziness is a part of it too :3... then there's been some sad and some crazy stuff happening to me too... ANYWAY today i was so determined to update because i feel so bad for not updating as much as I want to. So here's for you :) also i'm workin on the next chapter right now but i won't make any promises but i really hope i can finish the next chapter by tonight :D

p.s. I really appreciate all my readers and I love you guys soooo much especially Sabrinamjjlove and MichaelManiac and really especially whatmorecanigive! your reviews make me sooo happy :D

It's been about two weeks since Damion and I have had our little agreement. We agreed that he works at the hospital and when he gets paid on Fridays, he gives me half of his check which is more than enough but he insisted on giving that amount. Today is Friday and Damion is going to stop by with the check.

Janet and I have been putting together the memorial service for Michael. We’ve agreed that it will go on at the church and we’ll come back to the house for a little reception. It’s been hard...it really has. I miss Michael everyday and I just want him back but I know that can never happen. The kids are all at Grandma Katherine’s house for a couple of days because I just need some time for myself. The kids, they’ve bounced back so easily but I just can let go just yet.
I hear a knock at the back door and get up to answer it. It’s Damion with the check.

“Hey Damion, what’s up?”

“Nothing much just bringing the check over.” I received the check from his hands and walked toward the door signaling it was time for him to leave.

“Thanks.”

He sighed and turned toward me.

“Wait, I thought you said you would give this a chance” he said.

“I did but I also said that we were going to take it slow,” I retorted.

“Fine then, how about you and I go to dinner tonight. I know this really cool jazz restaurant--”

“Damion, I don’t think I’m ready to begin dating...”

“Come on Jolie, you’re the one who said you want to take it slow so I’m taking it slow. We’re gonna date a few times then see where we are after that.”

“I don’t know Damion...”

“Look Jolie, I know Michael wouldn’t want you dwelling on this death. He would want you happy. Please?”

I really shouldn’t be doing this but a part of me wants to see if Damion and I could be the happy couple we were supposed to be.

“Fine Damion, we can go out tonight.”

“Great, I’ll pick you up at eight.”

With that he gave me a peck on the cheek and left.


*******************


During the late afternoon, I hear the phone ring.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Mr. Jackson?”

“No umm...Mr. Jackson has passed away. This is his wife. Who is this?”

“Oh my, I’m very sorry to hear that. Does this mean you would like to cancel the purchase?”

I’m confused. “What purchase, who is this?”

“My name is Richard Brown and I am the realtor for the purchase of Sycamore Valley.”

Sycamore Valley? What is this place and why am I just hearing about it?

*************

"Thank you for driving me up here Mr. Brown."

"Not a problem Mrs. Jackson. So do you like the place?"

“Actually I don’t like it..”

“Oh really? Mr. Jackson was sure that you would—”

"'I LOVE it! It's so peaceful and beautiful and did u see that big tree. The plants are wonderful and the lake...oh the lake is so serene and quiet. This place is spectacular and private, its perfect!"

Mr. Brown smiled at me. "Mr. Jackson said you would love it."

I smiled. "How did he pay for all of this? This place has to be at least a million dollars!"

"Actually it is around that price—"

"What!—”

"But wait Mrs. Jackson. The land may cost around 8.5 million dollars but Mr. Jackson only had to pay 250 dollars. He got this land in an auction.”


I remembered that Michael had went to an auction last year but I didn't know this is what he bought!

"Wow so this is ours?"

"Well not yet, all the other necessary paperwork has been filled out now it's time for the purchase which is the 250 dollars. Would you still like to purchase it?" asked Mr. Brown.

What would Michael want to do with all this land anyway? It's way more land than the kids, he and I would ever need. But if Michael wanted this for us, I guess I should finish what he started.

"I want to finish the purchase."


*********************


As I was getting out of the shower I heard the phone ring.

I quickly walked to get to it. I saw on the caller ID and it was Janet.

"Hey Janet what's up?"

"Hey Jolie. I was wondering if you and the kids wanted to watch a movie. I rented The Lion King," she said the last part in a sing song voice.

"Oh actually, the kids are with Katherine and I'm going out with an old friend from college."

"Oh okay have fun!"

"Thanks! Talk to you later."

I hung up the phone and threw it on the bed. I dried myself off and walked to the closet and grabbed a simple black dress, a shawl, and my red heels.

I put lotion on my body and put on the dress and shoes. No jewelry. I don't want Damion thinking I'm trying to get all fancy for him, this is a simple date.

I did a once over in the mirror, grabbed my shawl and went into the living room to wait.


At eight on the dot Damion arrived with daisies. Good one, he remembered I was allergic to roses. I put the flowers in some water then we left for the restaurant.

When we pulled up to the place it had a cool blue neon light sign that read Cool Otis.

There weren't many cars there either so I guess there won't be too much noise.

Damion found a parking spot and then he opened the car door for me and took my hand.

"You know, you look really beautiful tonight," he said.

"Did I look ugly the last time you saw me?" I retorted.

His eyes grew wide for a moment. "No, come on Jolie you know I didn't mean it like that."

I chuckled. "I know, I was just kidding."

When we walked in there was a live jazz band on a stage near the front of the restaurant. It was a really cool atmosphere.

The hostess was really nice and gave us a table quite close to the stage.

"What do you want to eat?" Damion asked.

I looked through the menu, “The shrimp salad sounds nice. How about you?”

“I think I’ll get the chicken parmesan.”

We called our waiter over and told him our orders.



*******************



The shrimp was really good, I practically ate everything but the plate and the fork. The waiter brought us a great after dinner wine Umbria’s Sagrantino Passito. It was so good, I had two glasses of the stuff. Damion only had one glass being our designated driver tonight. My hand was laying on the table and Damion grabbed it and held it. It was the only real move he’d made all night.

I remembered how Michael would hold my hand just like Damion is doing right now. The sudden thought of Michael made me feel sad. What am I doing here? I thought I could move on from Michael and start all over but I know I can’t. I need to get home.

“Damion, I’m sorry that we have to cut our date short but I think I should be getting home now.”

“What? Why? I thought we were having a good time.”

“I know, I had a great time, it’s just that I have a lot of stuff to do tomorrow and I don’t want to stay out too late.” Yes great save.

“Okay that’s fine. Waiter! I’d like to pay my bill.”

The waiter came over and handed him the bill and Damion paid.



************************************************



The ride home was really quiet. When we pulled up to the driveway the silence was broken by Damion.
“Look, if holding your hand was stepping over the line, I’m sorry.”

I looked at him. “It wasn’t the hand holding, I just needed to get home and get some sleep.”

He looked at me incredulously. “Its 9:30 pm Jolie since when do you go to sleep this early?”

“Since I have things to do in the morning FYI,” I went to open my door but Damion stopped me.

“Wait, I’ll get that for you.” He got out the car and ran to open my door.

“Jeesh, the date is over you don’t have to play gentleman anymore,” I said rolling my eyes.

“I’m not playing I really have changed Jolie. Here, let me walk you to the door.”

“Thanks, now goodnight.” I got my keys from my purse and went inside. I turned on the light switch but the lights weren’t turning on. I flipped it on and off more times like that was going to help. Crap! I thought I paid the light bill. Right then I heard knocking at the back door.

It was Damion again. Ugh, what does he want?

“Yes?” I said.

He smiled at me. “You forgot your shawl in my car.”

“Oh, thanks,” I said grabbing the shawl from him.

“Why are you still in the dark Jolie?”

“What? I’ve only been in here for like 2 seconds, I just haven’t turned the light on yet...”

“You forgot to pay the bill didn’t you?” he said with a wiseacre look on his face.

“No...I remember mailing the bill. I had it in my hand and I was on the way out then Michael Jr. started crying and I put them on the counter and...it’s still there,” I said as I spotted the white envelope sitting on the kitchen counter.

Damion let out a chuckle.

“You think this is funny?”

“Actually, I do,” he said laughing harder.

“Well, it’s not.”
“Whatever, how about I help you light some candles.”

“Fine whatever...”



******************************************



The next morning all I smelled was burned out candles and I heard the shower running. What the?

I looked around the room and there was clothes everywhere. My dress, my heels, Damion’s pants from last night, his shirt, his...boxers!

I looked underneath the covers and I’m naked!

“What did we do last night?” I said as I put my head in my hands.

I heard the shower stop and then Damion came out all wet and shiny.





“Hey, sleepy head. I hope you don’t mind, I used your shower. I got called in and my phone has been ringing non-stop.”

“We had sex last night didn’t we?”

“It was more love making, not just sex because we love each other.” He came over to me and tried to kiss me but I shoved him away from me.

“Get out.”

“Jolie—”

“No! Get out! Just leave!”

He sighed and gathered up his clothes and began to get dressed.

“Damion, I mean it! Get out now! Take the stupid towel with you! Just LEAVE!” I gathered up the bed sheet around me and pushed him out the bedroom door and slammed it in his face.

He knocked at the door. “Jolie, I need my shoes!”

I grabbed his shoes, opened the door and threw them at his face. I hope I broke his nose. The nerve! I bet this was his little plan all along. Take me out on a date, pretend to be a gentleman, then take advantage of me and put me to bed. The gall of some people!

I heard another knock at the door.

“I thought I told you to leave!”

“It’s me Janet.”

Oh no...

End Notes:

please review :) and here's a silly Michael pic :P

The Truth by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

Hey guys its been a while :) but here you go :D the story will be ending soon it was really fun though and I wanna thank all my readers for stayin with me :D love all of you to pieces <333

Janet and I were drinking some tea at the table in the kitchen. She looked at me as if she wanted to say something but then quickly retreat from her thought. 

As I took a sip from my tea she hit me with this question:

"Jolie, how long have you been having an affair?"

I nearly choked on my tea and began to cough. "Janet, what makes you think I'm cheating?"

Janet got up, "Come on Jolie. Do you think I'm stupid? I saw that guy in the towel. I love you very much because you made my brother happy but if you were sleazing around on him, I think the truth better come out now!"

My eyes were widened as I looked up at her. "Janet, I have never cheated on your brother."

She rolled her eyes incredulously, "Jolie, I know you and you do not just pick up random guys and have sex with them."

I got up this time. "First of all, I told you he was an old school friend and second, we did not have sex-"

"There you go again! Lie after lie. Is this what you did to Michael, huh? Are those kids even his because Michael even doubted them!"

That last comment hit me in the heart like a sharp knife...

"What?"

Janet's look on her face showed that she knew she had gone too far. 

"Jolie, I'm so sorry. You weren't supposed-"

The tears were pooling in my eyes. "Jan-et," my voice cracked, "I think you should go now..."

She nodded understandingly and grabbed her purse. "The initial reason I came over was to tell you that I took care of the memorial stuff and it is next weekend at St. Michael's Church."

Tears were dropping from my eyes now. "Please...just leave..."

The last thing I heard was the door close. 





***********************************************************





My head was killing me when I opened my eyes. I saw a woman, who looked like she was in her late twenties or early thirties, looking down at me. I couldn't really tell because a veil covered most of her face leaving her eyes uncovered. She said something in her native tongue yelling to someone. In a few seconds a little boy came with a glass of water.

"Where am I?" I asked.

The woman, ignoring my question, sat me up and put the cup of water to my lips. Within a matter of seconds I drank the whole glass, I didn't even realize how thirsty I was.

"Can I have some more please?" I asked.

The woman nodded her head and said something to the little boy and the boy took the glass and left. 

As I began to wake up a little bit more, I looked around. I was in a small room with a mini television with "Jeopardy!" quietly playing in front of me and I was sleeping on an old mattress with a blue floral bed sheet over it. There was a cracked, dusty window where I could see little children running around playing soccer barefoot in the street.

The little boy came back with the water and this time she gave me two capsules to take with the water. 

"This will help with your headache," she said in English. As a soldier, one must learn the language of the people but the language she was speaking, I didn't understand so I was grateful she spoke English too.

I nodded and downed the pills with the water.

"Where am I?" I asked again.

"You are in Pakistan," she said.

Pakistan? "Do you know how I got here?"

The woman shook her head. "My oldest son said he saw two bearded men throw you out of a truck. They didn't know he was watching so when they left, he came to get you. By then you had fainted. Probably from the heat and the pain. My son carried you here, luckily it wasn't that far from where the men dropped you off to our home."

As she told the story, I remembered. Anubis is trying to take my family away from me! I need to get back.

"I have to get back to my family; can you please help me get back to America?" I pleaded.

"I looked through your clothes and found your ID; it says you are an American soldier. Are you part of the people who bombed our village?" I could see the hurt in her eyes.

"Well, I am a soldier but I don't shoot or bomb anyone. I am a surgeon. I help the wounded soldiers and civilians."

The woman looked at me. "Okay, I will help you but you will need your rest before you are well to travel."

"Thank you," I said gratefully.

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************

 

 

 

This day was just so intense. I'd yelled at everyone who'd come through my door, I'd barely spent time with my kids...I'm losing myself. Why couldn't things just be how they used to be? I wish Michael never joined the military. I'm proud at what he did for his country and for the people over there but what about us? What about his family? I remember the day he came home from his job at the local emergency room so vividly...

 

***

 

"Babe! I'm home!" he yelled from the door.

"I'm in here!" I yelled from the bedroom.

He walked to our room and plopped himself on the bed. "Babe," he said, "I joined the military today."

My eyes grew wide. "What?" I exclaimed. "You joined the military?"

"Yeah, isn't that great?" he smiled.

I stood up. "No! It isn't! How could you make a decision like this without discussing it with me first? It's dangerous over there!"

This time he stood up and walked over to me. "Jolie, it's dangerous over here too. Besides I'll be helping people in a way that I haven't before and you know that has been my dream..." He came closer to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I know Mike, but we've been married for barely a year and I just...I just don't want to lose you," tears began rolling down my face. I wiped them away and laid my head into his chest.

"Jolie, you won't lose me," he said assuring me.

We stood there just holding each other for a moment then finally I broke the silence. "Is this what you really want to do?"

"Yes. If I told you no, I'd be lying."

I sighed deeply. "Okay, if this is what you want, then I am one hundred percent behind you."

He smiled and let go of me to pull my face to his. He kissed me on the lips and then looked me in the eyes and said the sweetest "I love you."

 

***

 

I thought about that day and how happy he was. But now those days are just memories of the man I will never see again.

I didn't want to cry so I grabbed the remote and turned on the television. I flipped through the channels and stopped on the news channel when I saw a familiar face. It was a picture of Damion and the caption underneath the picture were the words in bold letters: ESCAPED CONVICT. My eyes grew wide as I turned the volume up to hear the anchorwoman speak.

"Convict Damion Vasari or known by his street name "Anubis" has escaped Mule Creek State Prison three weeks ago. The California State police are searching high and low for the fugitive. If anyone has any information regarding the search or if anyone has spotted him, alert the local authorities immediately. He is a risk to society and is linked to a surprise bombing of U.S. military bases in Afghanistan. He was convicted for the rape and aggravated assault of a woman in 1998 so women and children are advised to stay indoors at all possible times. Again, if anyone has any information on the fugitive alert local authorities immediately or call the 24-hour police hotline: 1-800-POLICE (1-800-765-423)".

 

"Oh my goodness..." I got up and started pacing the floor.

 I'm the dumbest person on the planet! Good behavior? How could I have been so stupid and naïve? How could I have thought for a single moment that Anubis of all people could change? This all must be some kind of plan to get me back or something. He's freaking obsessed with me! How else would he have known Michael died? Oh my goodness! The hospital! He was Dr. Vasari! He was near my kids!

Wait a minute...

The anchorwoman said that he was linked to bombings to military bases in Afghanistan.

I sat down because my legs would soon give up on me

He killed Michael...

He knew I'd be so stressed out that I'd let anyone into my life, including him...

I have to call the police!

I got off the couch and went to the kitchen to the wall phone. As I got to the phone, I heard footsteps coming toward me.

 

"Please don't!--"

End Notes:

hope you like it :D please review

The Beginning of an End by Mjmoonwalkergirl
Author's Notes:

Hey you guys! I am soooooo glad I am done with this story but at the same time a little sad cuz it has been my favorite story to write like EVER! I really wanted to finish this story before New Year's  kinda like a pre-resolution xP I might do an epilogue maybe...maybe not but I'm not sure yet. I've been really busy with school and stuff so most likely the summer is gonna be the best time for me to write my stories. Sooo yeah :P hope you guys like it :D

She could hear her heartbeat pounding in her ears. Her breathing was short. She could feel herself sliding down the wall as her legs gave up. She looked down in pain and saw the blood spilling from her chest and onto a puddle on the floor. She grabbed the left side of her chest please not the heart she thought.

"I missed your vital organs so you're going to be fine...for now. I shot you because I knew you were going to call the police and I just couldn't let you do that...not until I told you everything," Damion's voice sounded above her.

She looked up and made an attempt to speak - "Don't speak, it will just make it hurt more," he interrupted.

"Ok," he started. "Michael's not dead. I had some people kidnap him and keep him hostage but I ran out of money to pay them and they let him go. I thought ahead and put a tracking device under his skin when he was unconscious in case he ever got loose. He's on a plane on his way here. Son of a bitch really doesn't know when to stop huh?"

Tears rolled down Jolie's eyes in pain, relief, and anger...then she uttered an almost intelligible whisper. "W-why?"

"I did all of this because I love you Jolie." He put his gun on the kitchen counter and knelt down to be face level with her. "Don't you understand? I love you. I love you more than anybody on this earth. Michael ruined this for us! This," he said motioning to the house, "was supposed to be ours but Michael took that from us. He stole you from me and I needed to take you back. I made a mistake, yes, but I needed a second chance. Yes, it's true I escaped from prison but I did that for you. I came to your doorstep and you welcomed me in with open arms because you still love me. Yesterday when we went out, I was planning on putting something in your drink but I detested the idea because I wanted the first time we made love to be real for both of us, not just me and it was...but then you started thinking about Michael and our love was gone in a snap! You threw me out like...like I was trash.

"I knew I wouldn't have been able to keep up this charade because they would start to look for me sooner or later and they chose sooner of course. This isn't the way I wanted us to die but dying with you is what I always wanted...old or not."

Her eyes shot open. "D-die? What about my kids? You're going to take a mother from her own children?"

Damion smiled and grazed her cheek with the back of his hand. "Oh Jolie, Michael is on his way and he will take care of your children. Knowing him and his ability to steal women, he will remarry in no time."

He stood up and picked up his gun from the kitchen counter and reached over to the telephone and dialed 911.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Yes, this is Damion Vascari, the escaped prisoner. I am at 634 Rodenwood Blvd. I am going to shoot myself and the love of my life. -"

"Help! Please Help me!" Jolie screamed.

"Who was that woman screaming?"

Damion hung up the phone. "Now why would you do that? Now they're going to think I murdered you or something."

Jolie hunched over and began to weep. She would never see Michael or her kids ever again and it's all because she a lunatic fell in love with her.

"Well, you have to go first so then I can shoot myself last," he said. He bent down and sat on the floor next to her hunched figure. By now she was too weak from blood loss and couldn't try to fight him even if she tried.

She felt the cold barrel of the gun against the side of her head. "On three...1...2..."

She closed her eyes and waited for him to say three...

"Three!"

 

 

 

 

 

*   *  *

 

 

 

 

 

The sound from the gun jolted her from her slumber making her sit up and scream bloody murder.

"Jolie! What's wrong?" Michael said as he got up and turned to her. "Is it the baby?"

Her breathing was heavy and she was drenched in sweat. "I-I'm alive?" she asked him.

"Yes, baby you are. What happened?"

She looked down and her protruding eight month baby bump was still there. "I'm still pregnant? You're alive?"

Michael was confused. "Yeah babe...you haven't given birth yet remember? I just came home and we threw a party earlier...it was a bad dream ok? Just a bad dream..." He wrapped his arms around her and laid her head on his chest and rocked her back and forth.

"Michael..."

"Yeah babe?"

"Please quit the military. I know you love helping people but I need you here with me. I'm sure the hospital will give you your job back...just please quit the military..."

"Okay sweetie, I'll do that," he replied.

"Thank you..." she looked up and kissed him on the lips.

Michael half smiled but still looked concerned for his wife. "Are you okay now?"

"No," she said, "my water just broke."

 

 

* * *

 

Michael grabbed their to-go bag for the hospital and quickly got the twins into the truck and helped Jolie get into the car.

When they got to the hospital the nurses immediately got her into a room. A nurse agreed to stay with the twins while Michael went into the labor room with Jolie. The contractions were hitting her with extreme waves of pain. She grabbed Michael's hand with every wave.

"Aaahhh! Michael I can't do it. It hurts so much. I don't remember it hurting this much."

Michael tilted her chin so she looked at him in the eyes. "Look at me Jolie, you can do this sweetie. I'm here with you."

"Mrs. Jackson you can push now," said the doctor.

Jolie let out a push and squeezed Michael's hand.

"Woah! Woah, stop pushing! The umbilical cord is around the baby's neck we're gonna have to do an emergency C-section. Mr. Jackson please wait in the waiting room while we get her prepped."

Michael's eyes widened "But I have to be with her!"

"Mr. Jackson if we don't get her to the OR right now, that baby could die and you cannot be in there with her."

"But -"

"Michael," Jolie whispered, "it's okay, go. I love you."

His eyes watered and told her he loved her back.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

After about three hours in the OR Michael began to get worried. Nobody had come to give him and update on his wife and child's well-being. About 30 minutes later Michael saw the doctor that took his wife to the OR.

"Dr. Sanders, how's my wife?"

"Mr. Jackson," she started, "your wife was hemorrhaging uncontrollably on the table and...we couldn't save her. I'm so sorry..."

Michael couldn't believe his ears. It hit him like shock. He didn't know what to feel. Angry? Sad? Depressed? All of the above? The love of his life is no longer with him... He finally collapsed onto his knees and hunched over sobbing. Dr. Sanders knelt down with him and let him cry on his shoulder.

"Please tell me this is some sick joke..." he muttered.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Jackson..."

Michael braced himself, "My son? Did he make it?"

Dr. Sanders half smiled. "Yes, he is in the neonatal if you want to go see him. I can take you there."

When they arrived in the neonatal Dr. Sanders got the nurse to bring his baby to him.

He cradled his son in his arms and smiled. "Hey little buddy, I'm your dad."

"Do you know what you want to name him?"

"We agreed that we'd name our first son after me, Michael Joe."

"Alright, that sounds like a great name, I'll go get his birth certificate ready."

 

 

 

 

================3 years later================

 

 

 

Michael was trying to sleep one night. He hadn't been able to sleep that well since her death. He sold the Sycamore Valley Ranch land and got a great deal of money from it. He realized it was too big for them to live there anyway...especially with one of them gone. He ended up moving to another house closer to the school for the children and it was a bigger house with 4 bedrooms for everyone to have their own room also because the old one just reminded him too much of Jolie and it hurt him inside.

"Three years..." he said to himself while facing the empty side of the bed. "It seems like it was only yesterday we were having the twins. Can't believe their seven now and Michael's three. They look so much like you. God, I miss you...your side of the bed is so cold...I miss reaching over to you and holding you. I miss your voice too, the way you said my name and how it made me melt on the inside. I miss you kissing me in the morning when I didn't want to get up."

"I miss you too..." he looked up and there standing was Jolie!

"Jolie? Am I dreaming?"

"Michael, listen to me very closely because this is the only time I can make myself visible to you. Move on.-"

"But-"

"But nothing. Michael, those children need a mother and you need to be happy. I have watched you for the past three years become this secluded sad man and I can't bear it anymore. Move on and be happy...now scoot over," she said with a smile. She crawled into bed with him and he wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you more."

 

 

End Notes:

Wow sad to see it end but soooooo relieved :D I love all of you guys who supported my story and stuck with me :D you guys are the best and I love you times infinity :D tell me what you think about the ending or the story in general or...don't i don't care I'm just glad you read it and stuck with it this long even though I took forever to update XD haha... but anywhooo again I love all you peeps who supported my story and just a big thank you to all of you <333 

This story archived at http://www.mjfiction.com/viewstory.php?sid=814