[Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

*Inspiration based on the anime film, When Marnie Was There

 

 

Kassy's life is not going well, and she feels the world is against her for no reason except for the fact she was born. She doesn't feel as if she belongs anywhere, and she constantly has dreams of a friend who never leaves her. On a field study in California, Kassy comes across a mansion that has been left abandoned for years since it was sold by a rich family. After sneaking there at night, she comes across a fantasy beyond belief. A boy resides in that house, and he is yearning to get free from his abusive father and older brothers since his mother has been away. His name is Michael. The two become friends very quickly, and Michael teaches Kassy that even though life may treat your poorly, the grass is always greener on the other side. Kassy also comes to find that Michael may not be the person she thought he was.

 

From the author who brought you The Queen's Magician, Alexander, and 66 Days with Michael.


Rated: T
Categories: Angst, Fantasy, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, Dreams Characters: Michael, Original Girl
General Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence
Trigger Warnings: Domestic Abuse
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No
Word count: 1023 Read: 1876
Published: Apr 19, 2015 Updated: Apr 30, 2015

1. The Song That Inspired it All by Mikayla Jackson [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (167 words)

This is also the theme to When Marnie Was There. I just love the song so much.

2. Chapter 1 by Mikayla Jackson [Reviews - 2] (856 words)

These are our main characters:

Kassy

 

Neeraj

 

Michael