- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Although Michael and Janet where brother and sister in real life they are not related in this story. Chapter with flashback. Enjoy!!!
Michael makes his way over to the window and wipes my tears away. "We're gonna be okay. Just trust me." He said. I nodded. Just then the door flew open.

"Hey, Hey,Hey!!!" Janet my best friend and neighbor said as she entered the apartment. Janet was like a sister to me. She was the closest person to me next to Michael and our children.


She had a big smile on her face. "Hey Janet." I said with a smile. "Haven't you ever heard of knocking??" Michael asked. "Oh don't be all up tight Michael Joseph!!" She said as she took a seat at the table. Michael and Janet didn't get along that well. I guess because she was so bold and her was so shy their personalities clashed.

"Girl let me tell yooooou!" Janet said. I smiled. Whenever she said this she had something to say. "Let's hear it girl." I said with a smile as I started ironing Michael's uniforms. Janet took a deep breath and began.


"Well you know how my faucets been leaking, right? Well this morning o'l buffalo butt is gonna come up there and try to fix it!!!" "Damn Buffalo Butt." Michael muttered. "Language Michael!!" I said firmly and Madison laughed.

Nathan Bookman, Aka: Buffalo Butt,Aka: Booger and Aka: Lardo was the super of our project apartment. He was fat,sloppy and lazy and ate everyone's food. Whenever something went wrong in our building and you asked him to fix it he took forever and by the time he came the problem no longer existed.

"And girl will you believe I asked him to fix my faucet 6 months ago!!!!" Janet continued. "Maybe even a few days before little Mariana was born. Then he gon tell me he came as fast as he could. And I said: "You must have come by way of covered wagon cause I asked you to fix it 6 months ago!!! Then he gon eat the last of my fried chicken!!!!" I laughed and shook my head. "leave it up to buffalo butt."

"You ready for school Mady?" Janet asked Madison. "Yes Auntie Janet." She said getting up from the table and pushing in her chair. Because we only had one car that Michael used for work Janet took Madison to and from school.

"Be good at school today tuts." I said helping her put on her coat and handing her lunch. "Okay Mommy. I love you." She said hugging me. "Bye Princess." Michael said picking her up and spinning her around. She giggled with glee. I smiled. He's such an amazing father.

"Alright bye yall!" Janet said taking Madison's little hand. Hey waved goodbye and we're off. I sighed as the door slam shut. After a little while Michael came out in his uniform

As you know Michael had two hard working jobs. His first job was a job loading a delivering news papers. After that he came home had a quick lunch and left again to wait tables at a local restaurant. At least he came home by eight.

"Well I'm off. " He said with a sigh. He was always so tried but he tried to stay in good spirits.

"Bye Baby." I said touching his face. He leaned in and kissed me. The feeling was wonderful as he slid is tongue into mine. Because he worked so much we couldn't make love like we wanted to.

He smiled widely. "I'll see you later." He said untangling his fingers from my hair. I smiled. "I love you." "I love you more." He replied. With that he placed a kiss on Mariana's forehead and left.

I sighed and started clearing the table. I put the dishes in the sink and turned on the water but nothing came. "Damn it!!!!" I screamed frustrated. "Now I can't bathe Mariana." Am I gonna pay for this for the rest of my life?!?!?! If only I could go back to that summers night.
*********************

My parents had gone on a week long cruise. They had decided I was responsible enough to stay at home by myself.



"The coast is clear." I whispered to Michael. "Ease up a little Maila." Michael says as he makes his way into my room though the window. It's completely dark in my room except the dim light from my lamp. I can see all the beautiful delicate feautures of his face that drive me wild.

"I know." I replied kissing his cheek. "It's just way more romantic when you come in through the window." I said wrapping my arms around his narrow waist. He caressed my hair and looked me deep into the eyes.

"I love you." I whispered. "I love you more." He said back. We started making out. His kisses set me a blaze. I moaned as he thrust his tongue in my mouth. I ran my fingers through his curls and bit his bottom lip. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He layed my body down on the bed. He continued kissing me, making his way down to my neck. I continued to moan as we continued making out. I don't know what came over me or what I was thinking when I unbuckled his pants.

He broke the kiss."Maila, are you sure you want to do this? He asked. My hormones where raging. My body, my mind and my soul all wanted Michael so bad.

"I've never been more ready." I said placing a kiss on his neck. He smiled. "Then I'm ready if you are." He replied unbuckling my pants. For the rest of the night we let our hearts beat in rhythm of ectasy. What a stupid mistake. Why did we do it??!?!?!

***************
I had just put Mariana down for a nap when Michael came back home from his first job. I was so stressed out about everything I hardly noticed him.

"Hey baby." He said as he went to his drawer. "Hi Michael." I said. "Is Mariana asleep?" He asked striping out if his clothes and putting on his other uniform. "Yes." I replied.

"Maila what's wrong?" He asked. Michael knows me all to well. "The water's been cut off." I replied. "Did you pay the bill?" I asked. Michael adverted his eyes from mine and sighed. "No. My paycheck for both of my jobs this month could only pay off the car insurance and the light bill. I'm sorry baby, I want to do so much better for our family but I just can't right now." This was too much. I burst out in tears.

"This isn't fair Michael!!! Why do we have to live like this?? Why do we have to scrape and srounch for everything. We had a plan. Things we're gonna work out just fine for us. But we had to go and make this stupid mistake. Why Michael,Why?!?!?!" I sobbed.

Michael put his arms around me. "Maila, our mistakes we're worth it. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. Making love to you for the first time was the best thing I ever did and Madison is a product of that." I pulled away.

"No it wasn't. If we had waited until we we're older. Until we where sure of what we wanted we wouldn't be in this mess. We'd be able to pay or bill, able to have nice things and be able to bless our children with nice things." I said as I tear rolled down my cheek.

"But Maila, just think. If we hadn't have made our mistake we might not be here together right now." He said caressing my cheek. Michael always makes the best of even the worst situations.

"I guess you're right." I said tracing his jaw bone with my fingertips. "Maybe some mistakes are worth it."





He put his face close to mine. "They are baby."