- Text Size +
Gary, Indiana 1963
"Pat look at this!!!" A five year old Michael Jackson called to his best friend Patricia Morine. The two had been playing in Patricia's attic all morning long.

Michael and Patricia were the very best of friends. They were truly inseparable. They lived right next door to each other, walked to school together and liked the same things. Even thought they were only five years old they already had a strong love for one another. There wasn't anything the wouldn't do for each other.

"What is it Mikey??" She asked. Her sandy ringlets bounced as she ran to him. Michael smiled as he pointed to the mahogany chest. Patricia's hazel eyes grew wide with excitement and curiosity. "Hurry up and open it Mike!! Don't waste a minuet!!!" She urged.

Michael giggled at his friend's over eagerness. "okay Pat let's do it together." He said patting a place next to him on the hardwood floor. Patricia did as told and placed her small hands on the trunk. "On three!" She shouted. The two friends grinned widely at each other. "One, two, three!!!" On three the trunk burst open along with a large amount of dust that revealed the contents of the trunk. Patricia smiled widely at her friend as she pulled out a string of pearls from the chest.

"Dress up clothes!!!" She declared. "Cool!!"Michael shouted sharing his friend's excitement. Patrica put the pearls on around her neck and reached in and got Michael a top hat. She placed it on his head and smiled. She then pulled out an old lacey dress and pulled it over her head. Michael reached in and got an over sized coat and a long pair of trousers. The two friends continued to explore the chest until they where fully dressed up.

"How do I look?" Patricia asked as they studied themselves in the shattered mirror. "You look pretty." Michael replied blushing. "How bout me??" Patricia smiled. "If I didn't know you I'd call you Dapper Dan." Michael smiled kiss checks continued to grow rosy. He straightened his hat and the two friends giggled.

"May I have this dance Ms. Rodgers?" Michael asked with a tip of his hat. "Why yes you may Mr. Astaire" Patricia replied with a curtsy. Michael placed his hand on the small of her back.He took her hand as she did the same. They shared a smile as they waltzed across the room. Even then Michael was a great dancer. They waltzed around the room giggling with each other for sometime until They tripped on the over sized dress up clothes. The two friends came to the ground laughing.

"That was fun!!" Patricia said playing with her dress. "It would have been more fun if didn't trip." Michael replied. Even as a young boy at the age of five years old he was a perfectionist. The two friends smiled at each other and where silent for a few minuets. After a while Patricia spoke.

"Mikey, are you always going to be my best friend?" She asked her hazel eyes wide with innocence. Michael smiled. "You bet Pat." "Really even if something happens like you move a away or we get all old and winkly??" She asked. Michael giggled. "I will always be your friend." "Pinky promise. Pinky promise me you'll never change cause I want you to be my best friend forever." Patricia said extending her slender pinky. "Pinky promise." Michael replied. "You're my best friend. Forever and ever."
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!IF IT IS NOT LIKE AND I GET NO FEEDBACK I MIGHT DELETE IT SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RATE AND REVIEW.