- Text Size +

“She’s out of my life,


She’s out of my life,


And I don’t know whether to laugh or cry,


I don’t know whether to live or die,


And it cuts like a knife,


She’s out of my life,” I sang.


Yes, I was inspired to sing this song because of Nikki. As I sang the song, the tears from last night appeared again. At first I was a little embarrassed, but then I realized... why? It’s true emotion and it’s from the heart and it’s what Quincy is looking for.


When I finished the song, I looked to where Quincy was sitting. His expression was that of disbelief. He slowly stood up and started clapping. I smiled and then walked out of the recording area.


“You liked it?” I asked him. Quincy was grinning wildly.


“Of course I like it Mike! Damn! You’ve got one hell of a voice! All of the ladies are gunna be tearing up when we release this song!”


“So it’s going on the album?” I asked excitedly.


“Hell yeah!” Q exclaimed. I smiled and we both gave each other a hug.


“So that’s it then?” I asked. Q nodded.


“That’s it. That’s the final track we needed! We’ve got ourselves a hit album on our hands Michael! I’m telling you, I see this album going big! Big Michael!” Q exclaimed. I grinned. I sure liked the sound of that.


“Thanks Q,” I thanked. Q patted me on the back.


“My pleasure Mike! But I have to ask... was the inspiration to this because of personal experience?” Q asked me. I sighed and nodded my head.


“Yeah, it was,” I replied.


“Hey! They’ll be others Mike,” Q assured me. I managed a small smile.


“Yeah, but nobody like her,” I said.


“Hey! Don’t be all down about it! It probably ended for a reason!” Q told me.


“Yeah, you’re probably right,” I said.


“I always am,” Q teased. We both laughed.


“So it’s all done now?”


“Yup, I’ll take care of the last few things and then we’ll send it off!” Q explained.


“Great! Then I should get going,” I told him.


“Alright Mike! I’ll see you around!”


“Bye Q!” I said as I waved good-bye to him as I left the recording studio.


Yeah, Q was probably right. It probably did end for a reason. Maybe a ghost and a human just aren’t meant to be together. Maybe it’s better that way. I sat in my car for a long time, just fantasizing about Nikki. She was probably watching over me right now. I hope that she’s happy up there. I also hope that she’s happy with the song. It’s my favourite one from this album. But what I really hope for,


Is that she was happy with the love that she found.

Chapter End Notes:

Review! Review! Review! That's it! I know it's kind of a short story, but it was never meant to be a long one. Sorry about how this chapter was kind of short, but there really isn't much more to add.

Thanks for reading! <3