- Text Size +

“Ugh! This is wrong! This is all wrong! Why can’t we get this right?!” I screamed as I buried myself in my hands.

“Sorry Mike! We’re really trying!”

“I know! I know! It’s just... this isn’t turning out the way I want it to. This isn’t going to go to the top of the charts!” I complained.

“We’re sorry,”

“Don’t worry about it...” I assured them, “Let’s just get back to the music.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes! Let’s start it up! C’mon!” I yelled impatiently. Everyone got ready and we started the track again. About halfway through it I got up and hurried off.

“This isn’t working,” I muttered as I walked out of the recording studio. I stormed out of the building and started walking down the dimly lit streets.

Stupid album. Stupid deadline. Stupid track not turning out the way it should. Ugh! Why isn’t anything working? I need someone to vent to. Not Janet... she’s only a kid. I don’t want to scar her! I need someone who will listen to me... anybody!

I continued walking down the street. I looked up in the night sky. You couldn’t see the moon or the stars. There was a big, dark cloud in the way. That’s when I noticed a dark figure walking along the other side of the street. Maybe this guy would listen to me. I looked both ways before I ran across the street and up to the guy.

“Excuse me sir?” I asked. The man continued walking, not even acknowledging my existence!

“Sir?” I asked again. The man turned around and gave me a confused look.

“Do you mean me?” asked the man in a very high pitch feminine voice. I examined the man more closely and realized that it wasn’t a man.

“Oh I’m so sorry! I thought you were a man!” I apologized. The woman giggled.

“It’s alright, I don’t blame you. It’s dark out and in these clothes I guess it doesn’t really compliment my feminine figure,” she giggled. I smiled and examined her from head to toe. She was wearing ripped jeans and a baggy hoodie. She was right, it didn’t compliment her figure, but she still looked good in it.

She had beautiful pale blonde hair. Her eyes sparkled like gems and she was... well... flawless! I know that that sounds cliché. All guys are convinced that their girl is flawless, but she really was! I don’t even know her name and I already feel attracted to her!

“Do you mind if I ask your name?” I asked her.

“Nick,” she replied.

“Nick?” I asked. She laughed.

“Yeah, I know. My parents were expecting a boy. You can call me Nikki if you don’t mind,” she requested. I smiled.

“I don’t mind at all, I’m Michael,” I introduced as I held out my hand. She looked at my hand awkwardly, but didn’t shake it. I brought my hand back awkwardly. I shrugged it off. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

“Do you need something?” she asked me. I walked up next to her, and she took a step sideways to put space between us. Weird.

“I just needed someone to talk to. Someone who would listen to me. I’m having a bad day...” I told her as I let out a sigh. I looked at her with hopeful eyes that she would listen. She smiled.

“I know what you mean. Tell me about it. I’ll listen,” Nikki said. I let out a deep breath.

“I’m working on this new album. Nothing is going right! It seems that every time we try to make the track better, it just ends up making it worse! I work really hard on everything I do! I just can’t understand why this track isn’t working!” I vented. She frowned.

“I’m sorry,” she said.

“And to make it worse, I just fired my dad as my manager and I have to make this album really good so that my father doesn’t laugh in my face! He’s already entertaining himself with the fact that nothing is going right...” I added.

“That blows. I wish there was something that could be done to make it better. But you’re only human... human’s always make mistakes. It’s just what happens...” she told me as her expression turned very blank and serious.

“You okay? You don’t look as happy as you were a few moments ago,” I asked her generally concerned.

“Oh it’s nothing. I’ve just made a few mistakes recently myself. I’m fine though, really,” she told me. I had a hunch that she was lying. Girls always say that they’re fine when they’re not. It’s the guy’s job to figure out when she’s serious and when she isn’t. I didn’t mention that though.

We walked for awhile longer in silence. She didn’t notice that I was subtly looking at her. She was so beautiful. I wish it was lighter out so I could see her face. Her skin looked so smooth. The one thing that I did notice that stood out a lot was that she was very pale. Very, very pale. It was so pale it almost seemed transparent. When she noticed that I was looking at her, she looked around and then stopped.

“I should go,” she said hastily.

“Wait! Not just yet...” I said. She continued looking around nervously.

“No, I have to go,” she told me as she turned to walk off.

“Wait! I want to see you again!” I said as I reached out to her to grab her wrist. Unfortunately, I missed, but she stopped in her tracks. She didn’t face me.

“When?” she asked quickly.

“Tomorrow? At the cafe on the corner of the street down there. Meet me there at noon,” I told her. She faced me and then managed a quick smile.

“Gotcha,” she said as she ran off. She was gone so quickly it was like she had just disappeared into thin air. I stood there in silence for a moment. A smile crept across my face as I looked in the sky and let the moonlight shine down.

Looks like I’ve got myself a date!

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Review! :D