- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I know it's been forever but I was waiting on my other friend before deciding to take this story fully on. :) Hope you'll enjoy it.

 

Chapter Two


    Two months had now passed. Michael was now working between helping take care of Prince and working in the studio again. While Eminem had started trying to launch his rap career. Em had started going out late at night with his friends. They’d attend different rap battles after he got off work.

Eminem’s POV

“Yo man, look.” This guy came up to me, by the nickname of D-Backs. I shot him a look as he continued with whatever he was saying. “There’s this rap battle tonight and word on the street is it’s a pretty important one. I hear there’s supposed to be some high-up guys in the business joining the audience. You gotta be at the top of your game tonight, Slim. This could be your break, man.”

    I looked at him, surprised, damn really? My break, huh. The thought gave me the chills a little bit. “Ya think, huh? How big?” I asked, curious.

    “Uh pretty damn big, I heard MJ big.” D-Backs stated, less confident than came off in his appearance. And my mind was blown.

    “Oh psh, what’s MJ doing in a damned place like here?” I went on.
   
    “I dunno.” And with that, that loser strutted away. Mm, I guess I should go for this, if it’s a chance for a big break and all. I suppose, I’ll think about it.

*~*

I’ve been hearing tons of comments on tonight’s rap battle, it was getting almost about time, for this whole thing to go down...and everyone was in this abandoned place, I dunno why, but everyone was meetin up there.

“Yo, dude, I heard this is gonna be the night,”

“It’s gonna be the shit up in here,”

“This is gonna be a real big break,” and the comments went on and on, getting the tension built up high, It got me wondering. Different raps went through my mind; this could be my break; my time...

There was a loud and scary as hell sound, that made me jump. It was the dude opening the door leading into the rap battle, as it slammed against this brick wall. D-Backs gave me this badass look as I looked at him oddly, and he slowly pulled up to me.

“You ready for the rap of your life, man?” He asked.

And with a smirk on my grim face I replied... “Damn right.”

---

Three representatives from MJJ Productions stood in amazement as they watched the battle. These two were good, but the young brown-headed one seemed to be coming off stronger than the other. He was quick and ready and his comebacks were strong.

“I think we should run the brown-haired one by Michael” Brian said to the other three.  


“Yeah. He’s good, real good” Aaron said in agreement.

“I dunno guys,” Kyle started, “He seems a little too angry and raw for Michael’s taste. I think these two would bang heads too often. We don’t wanna stress Michael out by pairing him with this guy.” He finished.

“Look man,” Aaron said “This wouldn’t be a definite decision, we’d let Michael check him out for himself. I’m sure we could score some demos or something for him to listen too. He’s got talent, real talent. Look how quick and sharp he is with his words.”

“You can’t exactly look, Aaron.” Brian said with a smirk.

“Oh shut up, Jackass, you knew what I meant.” Aaron said, rolling his eyes.

“Guys come on, knock it off. We’re here on business, remember?” Kyle cut in.

“Right” Brian said with a sigh, “Why’s Mike want us to do this again?”

“Because, man. He wants us to check out the new talent out there. He said he wants something, new, fresh and unique for this next album. I think Chris Tucker or someone told him about it.” Aaron said

“Exactly and if you two continue to bicker, we’ll never get this done.” Kyle said with a deep frown.

The brown-headed rapper finished his rap and made his way off the stage. He held a deep fury in his eyes. It seemed he’d clearly gone through a lot of crap in his life.

“Come on. There he is now.” Aaron said, motioning to where the young rapper stood, dabbing his head with his towel.

“Why don’t you just go over, Aaron. At least until we talk to Michael.” Kyle said.

Aaron sighed but agreed anyway. “Fine, wait here.” He said, making his way over to the rapper.

The rapper looked up and narrowed his eyes at Aaron. “Fuck you want?” He asked.

“To talk to you a bit. Is that okay?” Aaron asked.

“I guess. I got shit to do though so make it brief.” The rapper said, crossing his arms, waiting.

“Look, that was some performance you did and I wanted to see if you had any demos or something I could borrow to show my boss.” He said

The young rapper raised an eyebrow. “This some kinda scam?”He asked

“No, no. I swear it isn’t.” Aaron said

“Mhmm. Who’s your boss?” He asked

“I… don’t know if I’m at liberty to reveal that until I talk to him…”

“Man, live a little. Break the damn rules for once and answer my question.” He said

“Right. Well…” Aaron looked around before lowering his voice, “Myself and three other guys work for Michael Jackson for MJJ Productions. We’re looking for some fresh talent like yourself.” He admitted.

Eminem’s POV

My eyes widened slightly at the info. It seemed the speculation was true. What the hell would Michael Jackson want to do with some trailer trash punk from Detroit?

“What’s Jackson want fresh talent for?” I asked

“I’m not sure.” The dude said “But I’m sure he’d tell you personally if he likes what he hears. So I’ll ask you again, do you have any demos?”

I hesitated for a moment before nodding. “Yeah, I got demos, hang on.” I said, grabbing my bag from where it sat and pulling out a couple of tapes, handing them over.

The dude took em and gave me a slight thankful smile. “Thanks, what’s your name?” He asked

“Slim.” I said, using my rap ego. I doubted this would happen to me anyway. Shit like this never did.

He nodded. “Great, I’ll give these to Michael and come back here for the next time.”

“Yeah. Cool.” I said

“Is it always the same time?” He asked

I nodded. “Yeah, um. I should be here again.” I told him. I honestly didn’t know.

“Perfect. Thanks.” He said

I nodded again and watched as he headed back over to the other two guys. Did that really just fucking happen?