- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I've been gone for a while, but I'm back and better then ever. I hope you like this story as much as you have liked my others.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like it. Comments would be nice :)
I remember the first time i saw you
I was captivated by your eyes
I remember the first time you touched me
I felt my heart melt inside
I remember the first time i heard your voice
You were everything I could ask for

I put away my journal and look outside over the beautiful and spacious landscape. How did I get here and more importantly do I deserve to be here. Michael tells me all the time that he loves me, but I just don't believe in love anymore. I have been burnt by love so many times it's not funny, but I wouldn't change a minute of it. All of the pain and struggling I've been threw led me here, to Michael. Let me fully introduce myself I'm Ashli Jackson. Yep that's right Michael Jackson's wife of five years. We have a beautiful little girl and a son on the way, but before we talk about the present let's go back seven years into the past.

I whimper softly careful not to wake my sleeping boyfriend Ricky up. Oh, how I wish that I could take his pillow and press it down full force over his head. I'm not afraid to say it, I'm in an abusive relationship and I desperately want out. I have tried to leave him, but every time he finds me and I just get hit harder and for a longer time period.

I'm leaving him tonight, but this time is going to be different for I slipped a sleeping sedative in his tequila. I get up slowly and as soon as I'm out of the bed I make a dash for the closet taking out every piece of clothing that I own and throwing them into a spacious suitcase. I walk into the living room suitcase in hand when I hear him stirring in the bedroom. Cursing under my breath I take my suitcase and run outside still in my underwear and nothing to protect me from the cold night air, but my silky robe.

I see Ricky coming out of the apartment and decided to make a run for it. He chases after me and I drop my suitcase for it was slowing me down anyway. Looking for any living person who could possibly protect me from this monster I look to the street and see a car driving by. I run trying to catch up to the car, once I was close enough I started banging on the window. Ricky caught up to me and grabbed me by my arm forcing me back. He holds up his fist and I prepare for the worst, but right as his fist was about to meet with my face I hear someone yell. "Leave her alone!"

I look up at Ricky's face and see amusement in his eyes. "Yeah, how about you make me." I took the opportunity to shake free from his grasp by kneeing him in his groin and trying to run. Ricky grabs me once again and punches me one time and I fall to the cold stone brick. The unidentified man runs to his car and bends down it looked as if his was talking to someone. Then two big beefy guys come out and start beating up Ricky and all that was running through my mind was "let me get a swing at him".

I slowly rise to my feet and almost fall to my knees again, but I felt someone's arms around me saving me from meeting the pavement once again. "Are you ok?" He asked biting his bottom lip and giving me a soft smile. His expression quickly changed when he saw that my eye, in which Ricky punched, was swollen. Noticing that he was still holding me up I quickly pulled out of his grasp. He looked hurt by my sudden action, but he was a man and I no longer trusted men.

"Where do you live sweetie?" He asked in a very gentle and cautious voice. I stayed silent, but shrugged my shoulders letting him know that I have nowhere to go. He reached out his hand and I stepped back away from him and tripped over a trash can and landed on my butt, which I was doing a lot lately. He bent down before me to whisper something to me. Our faces were uncomfortable close.

"I won't hurt you. I promise." He smiled and reached out his hand again. I looked at him and reluctantly took his hand. He led me to his car and even opened the door for me. Once I was in he got in and sat next to me. I felt really stupid for getting into a stranger's car, but I had nowhere else to go, therefore I had no choice. "So, do you have anywhere to go." I shook my head no. "You got a name?" I nodded yes. "Can you speak?" I nodded once again. "Wanna tell me what your name is?" I shook my head no. "Fine then I'll have to give you a nickname. How about Kitty?" I smiled deciding that I liked that nickname. "There we go, finally got a smile outta you. If..uh..if you want you could...uh stay with me.......Just until you can get back on your feet. I scrunched up my face, but nodded my head anyway hoping that wouldn't be the worst mistake of my life.