- Text Size +

Chapter 22: Can't Let Go

On instinct, Lisa looked through her phone and sent Michael and sent him a message. Hey! Long time no hear eh? She wrote. Afterwards, she nervously waited and a few minutes later, she got a message back from him. Hey, yeah. It has. How’s everything? I can’t lie to him, she thought. He’s a great listener and I consider him a friend, right? From there, a text conversation ensued.

Lisa: Well…it could be better. I’m not happy with my marriage to Nick.

Michael: Really? I am very sorry to hear that….

Lisa: Yeah. I’m pretty much sold on getting a divorce from him

Michael: Wow. You sure bout that?? You may need to work on whatever it is with him before you consider

Lisa: Michael…. I just know that it’s not right nor will it ever be. He’s only into me cause my father is Elvis Presley. You of all people should know how it is to be used for just your fame. That’s just the way it is. I just wished I had saw the warning signs earlier….

M: Oh.

M: I don’t blame you for wanting out then. Don’t be too hard on yourself, we all are human and are subject to mistakes

L: Yeah, I guess you are right. The media is gonna get a kick out of this one (laughing my
ass off)

M: Unfortunately… they probably will try to find a way to twist this into a story. Evil snakes!

M: All I can tell you from experience is to be positive and pray often…

L: Once again, you are right… so how are you? All is well?

M: Well yes… things are great! The kids Paris and Prince are doing well, growing bigger everyday. I’m seriously considering having another child.

L: Wow glad to hear that….

L: Do you ever think…what would have happened if the two of us…stayed together….

M: Sometimes…. But I’ve accepted things. With u and with Deb. Now I have moved on…

L: Yeah. I have too. Have you moved to someone special lately? (wink, wink)

M: Well…..

L: Well what??

M: You could say that. Can you keep this between the two of us?

L: Yeah, of course.

M: I’ve met someone wonderful! She came into my life and has given me so much…she’s funny, caring, very beautiful and like me, she is very passionate about her music. The children love her.

Lisa felt a pang a jealousy hit her. Who was this woman who has taken her ex-husband on the loop???

L: I’m glad to hear that… what’s her name?

M: Well… keep this a secret please…. Name is Jaden Ross, but her stage name is Jade.

"Oh my God!”It took a few seconds for Lisa to realize that Michael was talking about the newcomer superstar Jade. Her children had her CD and she had even taken a liking to some of her music. She was very different compared to other artist because her music was unexplainably soulful, yet fun. She had a lot a vocal talent to backup her style and Lisa agreed that she was beautiful. It made her a bit more jealous.

L: Jade?? THE Jade?? How did this happen??

L: Meaning how did the two of you get together??

M: She was a backup singer on my Invincible album… I knew back then she would be a star…one thing happened after the next and we became a couple.

M: The hard part is keeping it all a secret…I don’t want her career to be jeopardized once they find out we are together. I wish we could be a normal couple… nothing is ever normal with me. As you know

L: Yeah. I know. I just hope you know that you are taking a big chance here. Things can get out of hand

M: So I’ve heard…. I’m happy though. Shouldn’t that count for something?

L: Yes

L: Just be cautious. That’s all I’m saying.

M: I know. Well I have to get some rest.. have a lot of things coming up

L: Right, thanks for letting me vent.

M: Of course. Take care

Afterwards, Lisa poured herself another glass, walked to the huge balcony overlooking the city, and reflected on her conversation. She felt wrong for not being as happy and supportive for Michael’s new relationship as she should have been. He was right. It was time for him to move on to a new kind of love. Who could blame him for loving someone? It was one of his biggest emotions.

Perhaps she was taking her love frustrations out on Michael’s newfound love, but she didn’t want to be happy for what he had. He was satisfied with someone and she wasn’t. It wasn’t fair to her.

She may be Michael’s lady, but I hope she knows she’s sloppy thirds, Lisa smirked to herself as she sipped her drink and took in the night scenery. It was the only solace she could find.