- Text Size +

Chapter 34: The Verdict

June 13, 2005: It was the day Michael would be read the faith of his charges. Michael could barely eat or sleep. He just wanted the day to come and be over with. Everyone was growing tired with the trial. Jaden was tired of dealing with answering the same questions from the nosy media; she was glad that things were coming to an end. If she wasn’t with Michael in the evenings, she always made sure to talk to him on the phone before she went to sleep. Michael leaned on Jaden and his family for support and kept his children as his inspiration. That and a whole lot of prayer got him miraculously to where he wanted to be: the ending point. For some reason, he woke up with a sense of tranquility for the first time in a long time. He had a song that was planted inside of his head. The lyrics seemed to drop into him as they always did. Hurt me you may, betray me you will, but my peace, my joy, my love you cannot kill, he sung to himself. Stones may be cast, pain may try to last… but in the end, my gain, my redemption will be your past. He couldn’t wait to tell Jaden and get a melody for it later.

The entire Jackson clan and close friends all rode in a big limo to the courthouse. Jaden had prior business to attend to and would be meeting them there. Everyone was all a bit surprised to see how calm Michael was as he smiled and whistled a bit. Everyone else seemed to be much more on edge. “Michael, son are you sure you’re okay?” Katherine finally spoke up in her soft voice. Michael gave a small smile. “Yeah. I’m okay. Don’t you all worry about me. Things are gonna turn out just fine.” His assurance seemed to calm everyone down a lot. He couldn’t explain why it took so long for him to feel so at ease, but he felt that his prayers had come through and God was assuring him of what was to come.

Meanwhile, as Michael and his family made their way through the court, Jaden went to the restroom to freshen up and get a few minutes away from the media. They already seemed to have asked her a million questions- all of them which were the same. Do you think your ex, Michael Jackson will be acquitted for all charges or some? What’s your thought about everything? Blah. Blah. Blah, If you only could be in his shoes for ONE day, you would only know, she thought to herself. Just then, a toilet flushed and out came prime suspect number one. Janet Arrizo, stood next to her in the mirror, trying to avoid her gaze. Jaden took one look at her and immediately turned away. She couldn’t believe that the whole reason this whole circus of a trial was going on was primarily of one little greedy woman. And she just so happened to be standing right next to her.

Janet gave off a snooty look, although she couldn’t help but be a bit impressed by how Jaden’s beauty and class. It wasn’t everyday that people shared a bathroom with a big celebrity. If the whole trial wasn’t happening, she thought that she could get her autograph. And maybe even sympathy and help for her once sick child. However, that would never happen and she had to keep up with the Joneses, so to speak. “He must have paid you a pretty penny,” Janet Arrizo caught herself mumbling. Jaden quickly looked at her. “Pardon me?” she asked. “Were you referring to me or to yourself? Let me answer that for you. I’m assuming you were talking to yourself.” Janet Arrizo looked at her. “Where do you come off by saying all of those lies in the stands? How dare you lie on my son!” Jaden scoffed as she put her hands on her hips. “Are you stuck on stupid?” she asked her. “You are a complete liar and because of you, you sneaky, deceiving, no good, money hungry b.i.t.c.h, you are putting one of the most generous most innocent people through something that they never ever deserved!!!” Janet Arrizo looked away, not wanting to take the heat from the fire that she started. “You don’t know him. You were probably just his two dollar slut” she said, “You don’t know what happened. My son wouldn’t lie about something like that!!” Jaden shook her head in anger. She couldn’t believe the lies and insults this woman fixed up to say once again. “You better get outta my face before I kick your ass all over this bathroom.” She growled at her. “I may be a celebrity but don’t let that fool you. If you haven’t been fooled enough. You don’t mean anything to him or me. You are scum beneath Michael’s shoes and I can’t wait for the verdict to be read so you can actually see how stupid you actually are. Now take that to court!”

With that, Jaden walked off. “Just you wait! We’ll see who’ll look stupid today!” Janet Arrizo yelled after her. After the door already slammed.
================================================== =======
Finally it was time for the arraignment to be read. The jurors had plenty of time to deliberate and were ready with their verdicts. Fans lined up outside waiting for the results to be called. One woman had sets of doves to set free for every charge that he was found not guilty of. Michael’s singing and smiles had stopped as soon as they got there. They were greeted by a mob of media and cheering fans. Michael went in and got checked out as usual, his family in tow behind him. He couldn’t keep the look of fear off of his face. Regardless of what the result would be, it was still a frightening thought that there would be a chance that he would be going to jail. To be away from his family, his kids especially, would be too much to bear.

As he walked in, he passed by the Arrizo family and it seemed to him that they all had the look of hunger on their faces. They seemed to be hungry for the money they were sure to get once the trial was over and Janet Arrizo could be a “hero”. Luckily Jaden came up to him and gave him a big comforting hug at the right time. “It’s okay. Everything’s gonna be just fine. Remember that.” She told him as she looked him in his eyes and gave his hands a squeeze. Michael nodded in agreement. He loved Jaden with all of his heart; if everything lined in place, he wanted her to be his one and only.

Soon everyone took their places and the regular procedures went through before it was finally time for the verdict to be read. Katherine grabbed onto Rebbie and Tito’s hands, praying that she wouldn’t hear the possibility of her son being sent to jail. Joe focused on the wall. Everyone else held their breaths while Jaden silently prayed.


The people of the state of California plaintiff versus Michael Joe Jackson defended on count one find him……….
…………… not guilty…..count two not guilty…….not guilty…..not guilty….not guilty…
…..”

Oh thank you GOD, Michael prayed before he softly gave his gratitude to Tom and the legal team.

Jaden finally opened her eyes and let out a huge breath once she heard that Michael was acquitted of all charges. Just as she felt would happen, he was free from this case and humiliation, once and for all. She looked over at the Arrizos and found Janet with her mouth hanging open. Just as I thought. She looks ridiculously stupid! After Michael was hugged by his entire family, he came over and hugged Jaden. “You did it! You’re finished with this nonsense!” she excitedly told him. Michael looked at her. “No WE did this. I don’t know what I would have done without you being here Jade.” “It would have ended up the same way. You don’t have to worry because she has your redemption now.” Jaden told him. Just like the song, he thought as he grabbed another hug and wearily walked out of the courthouse and into the roaring crowd with everyone else in suit.

The words continue to ring in his mind. Hurt me you may, betray me you will, but my peace, my joy, my love you cannot kill… Stones may be cast, pain may try to last… but in the end my gain, my redemption will be your past. Maybe now they can leave us alone.

*End of Part II*