- Text Size +

Chapter 3: Just too Good to be…..

“Lucinda was right, Cassie! She told me that something amazing would happen and it did!.” Jaden recapped her friend and roommate everything that happened the night before. “She was so happy for me. Wow, like I barely slept today. Do you know how long I’ve waited for something like this to happen? I’m so excited, yet I’m so worried about messing up or something! Who would’ve known all this would have happened in one night?” she talked a mile a minute.

It was the next afternoon and Jaden was getting ready at her house to be picked up to be taken to Sony. Cassie was a nice looking Latina girl. The painter was a bit on the nerdy side, but she had potential to be pretty. “I sure as hell didn’t!” Cassie commented. “I mean, girl, you are about to meet, greet, and SING with the King of Pop! I wish I were you right now.” Jaden couldn’t help but squeal. “Oh my God, Cassie, you know how much I love him! Through everything, I don’t believe anything the tabloid has said about him.”

“All I know is that once people hear that pretty little….excuse me….BIG voice of yours, AND the fact that you have performed with Michael Jackson, you will become a superstar. I said it first!” Jaden smiled relishing at the thought of one day being known for her work, but quickly pushed it aside. “Well I don’t know about all of that,” she said. “I’ve gotta see what happens next before I start giving myself Grammies.” The two of them shared a laugh as they heard a horn blaring outside. They ran to their small, draft window and peered outside. There was a nice GMC Denali waiting. “Oh my God girl, that’s them! It’s Sony! I can’t believe I’m headed to Sony. I can’t believe I’m about to sing with Michael Jackson. I can’t-“

“I can’t believe you are still here talking to me when you should be going. LIKE NOW.” Cassie pushed her friend towards the front door. “Do you think I’m dressed okay for this?” Jaden worriedly asked. She had on a shape- hugging pair of her best jeans, a form fitting blouse, a new pair of low heel sling backs. She freed her thick wavy hair that fell nicely past her shoulders. “Girl you look fine. Now go!” Cassie pushed her out of the door. As Jade left, she shouted “GET ME AN AUTOGRAPH OF MJ!!”

Uncertain, Jaden went up the driver’s door and knocked. The guy, who had on a black suit and hat looked at her. “Are you a Jaden Ross?” he asked. Jaden nodded. “Hop in,” he simply said. As the driver took her to Hollywood, Jaden tried sink in all that has and was about to happen. It all was too good to be true. “Here’s to making an impression Jaden Kimoria Ross. Give it your best shot” she thought to herself.