- Text Size +

June 27, 1986 - 6:51 pm

I reach to the secret hideout, and take off my helmet, looked around to see if there was anyone here. There was no limo parked out, and I don't see any paparazzi around. I think I'm safe, since we haven't been there for a week, or at least together. I look down at the secret hideout for a while and climb down to it, slowly. I look all around here and I walk over to the lake. Listening to the sounds of nature…and cars passing by.

Memories of us take over my mind and all the fun Michael and I had together. It's been only a week, but the time went by so slowly, it felt like a decade. I begin to cry again, messing up my makeup, because of just how depressing this has been for me. I wish he were here, I wish we stayed the way we were, laughing, playing, tickling, and then repeat. It was basically all we'd do to each other, and we'd do it for hours and never get tired.

I've been down here for quite a long while now, and no Michael. I guess I should go, and maybe give him a call tonight. Just to show I do care and love him. I walk over to the mountains on the left and I hear a noise. I hide away under the other mountain next to it since now I can't guarantee its Michael, because the 'secret' hideout is all over the news now. So it can damn well be some pap, nosy folks or a crazed fan.

I heard a drop into the grass and I looked up, saw Michael from behind. Immediately, I begin crying again. I don't know what should I do, I don't know if I should stay here and hide away from him and hope he doesn't see me, all the way until he leaves. Or should I come out. I think I need to give it up, maybe he can hear something like sobbing around him, so maybe he suspects someone's around. I need to come out of the closet now.

I begin to walk towards him, sobbing hard and loud, Michael facing the river, and as I get closer to him he turns around & sees me. I continue walking and say

"Michael, I'm so sorry" I warp my arms around him and hold him tight, before I continue saying "Please, forgive me." I sob on his clothes, as I hold on to him, I hope he can find it somewhere in his heart to forgive me.

He hugs me back, and says

"I forgive you, I love you." He places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too."

The hug was sharing right at this moment, felt like the most passionate hug I've ever experienced. Filled with emotion, love, pain & hurt. It's so soft & amazing, reminded me of something magical that felt like it lasted, a whole lifetime.

"Can we talk?"

Michael asks, as he looks deeply into my eyes, he looks like he's been doing a bit of crying himself.

"Sure."

We walk closer to the mountains as we sit down on the grass facing each other.

"I understand, your upset about going home, but just, why did you out lash at me like that? Why couldn't you just tell me how you feel inside instead?" Michael asks.

I sigh and say "Michael, I don't know, I think a little bit of my family genes were coming out of me that day. It was something impulsive & short tempered. I'm not like this way, I don't know why I feel like I'm becoming more like them, I guess I'm really just a fuck up."

"Kitty you're not a fuck up."

"Stop trying to be nice Michael, I am. You know it."

"No you're not; people do things they never mean to do, all of the time. It was an accident, you're only human."

"No, I really am a fuck up, growing up I saw allot of violent stuff and I always vowed to never be that way, or if my significant other were to put a finger on me violently, I'd leave him immediately. But now I'm becoming my very own enemy. " I sigh before continuing my statement "I wish I were more like you, you yourself had a rough childhood, worse than mines actually, but you turned out pretty well, you're not short - tempered…Your perfect."

"No, you're not a fuck up. I can be pretty shitty too, just ask Tatiana. But the thing is, that there's allot of people who go through and see allot growing up, some rise above it and never become of it, and others, it ruins them for life…I understand, you think this is going to ruin you, but I don't think it is, I don't think this is who you are or who your becoming to be, I think you were just in the moment. You'll be okay."

"No I won't Michael, Listen 2 days ago I took up a knife to go kill Aiden, at the super market. That's how violent I've become, before I'd never do something so crazy & barbaric…Michael I really think there's something wrong with me…."

"Really? Then if you think you have a problem, then I can appoint some counseling for you."

"You don't have to be nice, Michael."

"But I want to, so do you want this?"

I kind of hesitated; I wouldn't think he'd be so caring about me just yet.

"Yes."

"Perfect…" his hands slowly caresses the grass, moving towards my hand, placing his hand on top of mines, looking down on them, and look at our hands & kind of half smile, he winks at me.

"So, would it make you feel better if I came with you to New York?"

"I don't know, my family can be a mess, and I don't want some huge blow out, to take place in front of you…."

"It will be okay, families get like that sometimes, so I understand."

"Yeah you understand until you see a glass flying in the air like a bird…"

"I doubt they'd be like that, around a guest….would they?"

"Well, they tend to behave themselves around guests, so I guess not, especially since you're a 'special guest' they'd be really calmer, but I don't know for sure…"

"Okay, let's hope they behave themselves, not because I'm around, but for their Kitty."

I giggled for a brief time and say

"Let's hope…So, will I just be visiting NYC for a while? Or will I come back here?"

"That's one of the questions I wanted to ask you, it's really up to you."

"Oh um I'll make my decision when we reach there, and see how I feel."

"Okay, it's good your consider to stay awhile with your family."

"Yeah, when's the flight? Or the flight hasn't been booked yet?"

"Were booked for July 4th."

"Oh Sweet."

We stayed quiet for a good while, seems as if we have nothing to say. Until he takes my hand up, with his hand now holding mines, our fingers collided into each other, as he turns his hand facing me and leans over to caress my face, with his knuckles I giggle when I felt his soft knuckles against my cheek.

"Aw Michael! You're such a sweetheart!" I said in enthusiasm.

"Just trying to make you smile…"

"Thank you, now it's my turn."

"Okay," we sat even closer to each other, as I lean over to him to caress his left cheek, he smiled, and it made me immediately keep a permanent smile on my face. His smiles made me feel like everything was alright, and were going to be just as close as we were.

"So, how's your relationship with Tatiana going?"

"I'm not exactly sure….it's up and then it's down…." Michael sighs & holds his head down, looks like he's pretty sad about what's happening in their relationship.

"Aw, Michael, are you okay?"

"I'm alright…"

I place myself next to Michael, & begin to rub his back & say

"You can talk to me about it….if you want."

"Well first it started about a week ago, when the incident between you and I happened, I went straight home and she was there. She wasn't supposed to be back, to see me until the 25th but she said she missed me allot, and decided to comeback earlier. I wasn't exactly in the most loving mood that night. So it was a pretty bad day for her to see me in, she wanted all of my attention, and to make love. I really was in no mood for that, so she got really angry we had a huge argument & didn't talk. About 2 days later I made it up to her and we hung out that whole day and everything was cool, reminded me of how it was when we first started. Then the rumors about us came about & she was mad, I explained to her that you and I are just friends. But I have reason to believe she's jealous and just really insecure or maybe she just doesn't trust me enough that I'd tell the truth. The wine bottle picture was completely innocent on my part; I told her the whole incident, and how exactly it went. But she doesn't believe me; she thinks I was having some kind of fling with you, when it's not true, According to her she thinks were over."

"Why would she be jealous, of our relationship?"

"She would be jealous of us because you're a female, young, pretty, she'd think you'd steal me away….If she knew how much time we spent together while she was gone she'd go off the wall."

"Why would she go off the wall? Does she not like seeing you hang out with your friends?"

"She doesn't seeing me hang with my family either, she likes the attention on her…"

"Really? She sounds like one of the spoiled brats who, likes the world revolving around them and must get their way."

Michael laughs while I'm wondering why and says

"I don't know anyone who's described her any better than you!"

I laugh along with him & say

"Then why are you with her?"

"Because, when the relationship started, everything was perfect, and it was perfect for quite a long while, then recently around 3 months ago, I don't know what happened between us, all we seem to do is argue and every little thing is a fuss. I don't even feel the same about her anymore; we used to have so much fun, and suddenly we've become so cold to each other… I stick around because I always have faith that we can work out but from the looks of us now, were border lining, break up."

"Aw Michael, well, even if you 2 don't make it, then at least you can say you tried to make the relationship long - lasting."

"That's true."

I randomly begin admiring his hair and playing in it,

"So, Mike, what's your opinion on us being 'rumored' to be a pair?"

"I hate it, I absolutely despise, how dirty their making our relationship, according to those 'close friends' and 'representatives' what the hell? Anyone who believes in that crap is smoking something."

"Oh, which reminds me, Michael, on the 25th this girl, came up to me & asked me for an autograph because apparently, I'm your girlfriend!"

We laugh & Michael says

"Oh, my….I didn't know 'dating me' would give you fans!"

"Apparently, it does. I was so pissed when she asked she was like…." I fake cough to put on an impersonation voice before continuing my statement "Hey! Aren't you Michael Jackson's girlfriend? Can I get your autograph? How are his kisses? Is he as good in bed as he is on stage!' Man when I heard that, I felt like slamming my head against a table!"

"Wow! Your first fan Kitty! Congrats!" Michael hugs me up and gets sarcastically happy, and I gave him an annoyed look on my face.

"No Michael I'm serious, I crossed out everything they wrote about us on it and even the pictures & told her 'Before you make any assumptions, there's only one thing I need to tell you, & that is, if you are any, at all, a Michael Jackson fan, you wouldn't believe a word that they say about us in the newspaper. Okay? Now have a good day.' and she seemed so unsure of whether she should take my word of advice or believe in what the reporter says. I really don't like the idea of having 'so called fans' just because I hang out with you, I don't want fame like that."

"Don't worry, I don't think you'll get any more like that girl, who you met at the super market…."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not sure, I've never been linked to the public with someone who isn't famous….I think you should stay inside now, just so these things don't happen again, or just in case you want to go somewhere, I'll assign a body guard to guard you so no crazy people, come around or last option is just walk around with a disguise…"

"Jeez, I need all of that?"

"Just in case anymore pictures of us arise or if the rumor keeps resurfacing….But those are just some options, you can just take your chances and walk freely, but I'm just saying random people will come up to talk to you now, because your affiliated with me."

"Oh wow….that's kind of…I don't know odd? Why would someone just to get to know me just because I'm friends with this superstar?"

"I really don't know, I don't get it either. But that's just how people and the media are. It's okay; you're going to be a well-known singer soon."

"Yeah I'd be pretty well known before August."

"Oh, I bet."

We lay together, as the sun was just about setting, until I was interrupted by Michael's voice

"What's up with the new style kitty? You even have a new hair cut & your hair is curled in a different style, what's up with that?"

"You don't like it or something?"

"It looks great but, I prefer you the way you were, this look makes you look really mature."

"Really you prefer the old spiral curls?"

"Yes."

"Aw, well I think I kind of prefer that look too, I'll change it back soon."

"Good."

The moon was up and shining by now, looking at the moon made me feel a little tired, I begin to take a nap, then all of a sudden I'm feeling something crawl up my shoulder, I jump up & scream thinking it's a spider, when I looked over at Michael, I see he's dying with laughter. I crossed my arms & say

"That's not funny!"

"Sorry, but I really missed doing that to you Kitty!" He hugs me and kisses my cheek really quickly; I rolled my eyes and then laughed along with him. We stopped laughing, for a moment as we hear a car driving near by playing Michael's song, 'Lady in My Life' from its speaker.

"Hey, is that car coming over on this side or the other side?" Michael asks.

"I don't know, can we see from down here?"

"Sure we can, if it's parked up right up there."

We got stood up and looked up,and we didn't see any car besides Michael's limo & my motorcycle. We looked at each other I say

"Well I don't mind it, at least were listening to some music…"

"Yeah, my song" I playfully push him and say

"You don't need to brag!"

He giggles and asks

"Well would you like to dance? Or would that be pushing the 'brag' button too hard?"

I smile and answer

"No it's not I'll slow dance with you…"

I walked over to him and I warp my hands, around his neck and his hands are around my waist as we swayed from side to side in a slow motion.

"It'd be nice hearing an acapella version from you right now too…"

"Let me twirl you first then we'll do it." He says as he winks at me and then slowly twirls me around, and then were back at the same position. He comes in really close to me & begins singing

"Lay back in my tenderness

Let's make this a night we won't forget

Girl, I need your sweet caress

Reach out to a fantasy

Two hearts in the beat of ecstasy

Come to me, Girl!

And I will keep you warm

Through the shadows of the night

Let me touch you with my love

I can make you feel so right

And baby through the years

Even when were old and gray

I will love you more each day

Cause you always be the Lady in My Life"

I gasp at how shocked at how beautiful he sounds, he sounds even better, up close and personal. I was so speechless, even though I should be saying thank you to him right now, but I really couldn't utter a word or even a hum.

He holds me close to his body, to the point where we are pressed up against each other, as he holds my waist even tighter. I look up into his eyes, and he's looking back into mines, with genuine passion in his eyes, like never before. He leans in very slowly as our lips touch, and our tongues collide, twirling around slowly and compassionately for a really long time. We let go of our kiss, and we look up at each other, not knowing what to say or do, I think we have gotten shy with each other, for a moment….