- Text Size +

July 14, 1986 - 7:24 am

I wake up, feeling restless, knowing how tired I was yesterday but from after that altercation with Latoya I've been too 'excited' to sleep much. If she wanted to get in my head, well she did that, perfectly. Last night I talked to my mother about everything. From Michael's and I relationship - the whole truth. Then the very eventful four days I've had since being in the Jackson family household. According to her, she thinks I should come back home, since things have been eerie and uncomfortable for me since my very arrival. But I don't know how much I really want to do that, I want to be with Michael too, all at the same time. I'm definitely going to have to think about this, but I feel as if my foot is more than halfway through the door….

Speaking of doors, my room door opens, unexpectedly. I jump and frighten as my teeth clench together, when really it was only Michael.

"Oh sorry, I thought you were in here sleeping…." Michael apologizes

"It's alright, not your fault." He walks to me on the bed and lays down next to me and says

"How are you? Slept good?"

"I'm alright, I guess. And no I didn't really sleep very well. How about you?"

"Not at all….Long day for me too, going to be gone for the whole day."

"Are you serious?"

"Ah…Yes."

I immediately sat up on my bed and looked at him in disbelief.

"You're going to leave me here, alone with your family?"

"For only a little while, I talked to Elizabeth Taylor and she says she plans on having you around for the whole day. Okay?"

"Is she nice?"

"Yes, she's one of the most amazing people, you will ever meet."

"Well that's sweet."

"Yes, like you." He leans over and kisses my cheek briefly as I smile. It was kind of hard for me to smile, but glad I did it anyways, it blew off some steam.

"So, serious question, what was up with that kiss you gave me in front of Latoya? You know we were supposed to be keeping on low key, why would you do something like that?"

I shook my head and looked up and said

"Why, did I know that you were going to bring this up…sometime soon?"

I asked feeling kind of pissed off once again that he brought it all up. But I guess it's his right to know an answer.

"I did, what I thought was best." I replied, keeping calm.

"What do you mean? How was that best? Do you know how much drama you can cause for me?" Michael asks, as I hear a little impatience and frustration in his voice, which just angers me even more. I get up off the bed and say

"I really only did it to piss her the hell off. It doesn't exactly mean were dating, it could have been, which it was a really spontaneous kiss. But she can interpret it anyway she wants to."

"But Latoya is going to immediately associate it with us being a couple…."

"Well, good for her."

I walk away towards my bathroom as Michael walks behind me and tugs on my arm, as I turn around, feeling even more angry.

"What?" I ask, impatiently feeling like telling him to fuck off and leave.

"I simply asked for just one thing from you and you can't seem to do it. Keep on low Key, control yourself, I'm here trying to have a discussion with you, and you're so tense. Did you really think the kiss necessary?"

"Well, it's not like they weren't going to find out sooner or later. Either, one of them were going to catch us in the act or some tabloid would, so pick your damn choice Michael because honestly you yourself haven't been doing the greatest job, keeping 'low key' either."

We both sigh at the same time, letting go whatever anger was building up a while ago.

"Sorry, Cat…" He tells me as he looks back up at me.

"I'm sorry too, Michael." I hug him, as we kiss each on the passionately but briefly.

"So….what are we going to do about all of this?" I ask, trying to fix the problem.

"For now, I guess all we can do is take each day as it comes….Planning on going back home?"

"I don't know, exactly I'm still thinking about it. I told my mother everything, and about us, and she thinks it's best I should just come back and maybe it is best for you for me to not be around, pull your family together, get your relationship with Tatiana straightened out. Like I still don't know yet or you going to break up with her or what?"

"Don't worry about it; everything will fit all into place…"

"Okay I guess."

He kisses me once more, and I didn't even bother to kiss back. I didn't feel the love coming from him, like I usually would. Or maybe it was me, being just too upset or angry to feel anything.

"See you later, love you." Michael tells me before leaving the room.

"Okay, love you too."

He walks out of the room and I fall back on the bed, sighing, just wishing everything that has happened so far can just disappear. I close my eyes, now reentering a deep sleep. Maybe sleep was all I needed, after all.

July 14, 1986 - 12:05 pm

"Hey! Why are you running from me pretty kitty!" Jermaine chants out as I'm walking away from him.

"Jermaine! Don't you realize she don't want your stanky ass? She's more interested in me!" Randy chants as he runs up towards me. As I heard him creeping up to me, I begin to run away from him. Don't these men see I'm not interested in neither of them? I climb up this random tree in their backyard, hoping any of them won't follow me up. Or the branch might just break.

"Climbing up trees huh? Typical kitty cat." Jermaine shouts out to me.

"I bet you can fall off and land on your feet!" Randy adds.

Ignore their comments because I really wasn't in the mood for flirts, jokes, etc. I kind of want to be left alone.

"Come here…kitty, kitty, kitty….We'll get you some milk….only if you promise to give us some of yours…." Randy tells me.

"Ew" I replied, the images that went into my head when he said that was so disgusting, perverts.

"Hey, can you guys leave her alone? She's not interested in any of us, so why keep bothering her with those sexually crude jokes? Both of you ought to be ashamed of yourselves." Marlon butts in out of nowhere.

Jermaine and Randy walk away from my tree, as Marlon looks up at me and says

"Well, their gone now, want to come down?"

I sigh, wondering why I should trust him. What makes him any different?

"Listen, I'm a happily married man, I have no interest in using you. I just want to be a friend, that's all."

"Okay, step back a little, just so I don't fall on top of you…" I replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Just step back and you'll see what I mean."

He steps back a little, as I drop down off the very high tree branch, falling right on my feet.

"Wow, I guess you really are a cat…" Marlon says, as he's shocked I can drop down from a tree branch so high up and land on my feet.

"Hah, Thanks." I replied.

"So how are you feeling?"

"I'm okay, I guess. You?"

"Allot better then yesterday…."

"Hmm. Where's Latoya today? Not that I care, but I'd usually see her around stalking me or something."

"She stalks you?"

"Yeah she did two days ago, not sure if she didn't because Michael was around me, or not."

"Maybe…I swear that girl's got a chip on her shoulder, she has no reason to want to dislike you the way she does."

"I guess not…."

A very fancy limo is pulled up in front of the house, I'm sure it's Liz Taylor there to pick me up.

"Okay, Cat, Have fun. See you later." He hugs me and I say

"Bye, Marlon." I walk over to the limo and there inside I saw a gorgeous looking, older lady which could only mean its Liz. I open up the limo door and and she greets me.

"Hello sweetheart! It's so great to meet you! Michael's told me so much about you!"

I get into the car and close the limo door up.

"Aw, I've heard allot about you too, you are so much prettier in person!" I told her, admiring her.

"Thank you so much! You're going to have so much fun here with me!" Liz tells me as she hugs me tight. I wonder what's in store today for me.

July 14, 1986 - 10:00 pm

I'm back home, after a long and eventful day with Elizabeth; Michael is right when he says she is pretty amazing. Glad I got out of the house, and spend the whole day with her. I ring the doorbell into the Jackson's house, since I still don't have a key yet, don't think I'll be getting one anyways. Michael answers the door and hugs tight.

"I missed you all day…." He tells me as he softly kisses my lips.

"I missed you more!" I reply, as I look behind him, and I see Latoya at the corner of my eye. Glaring at us, with a bottle in her hand, swinging it back and forth like she's out to throw it at us.

"Look who's behind us…" I whisper into Michael's ear.

"Hello, love birds….just wanted to say I made dinner." Latoya tells us, smiling. I don't know why but something about the way she smiled at us and the way she looks seems a bit fake. Especially how not even a minute ago she was glaring but now she's smiling. Something about that just seems so weird, especially now she isn't insulting me. I'm not going to fall for it, but I am hungry so I'll eat. We walk into the dining room before we begin picking our plates out; Latoya had two plates in her hand and says

"I want to share out your food, since you're the only two here."

"Okay." Michael says as he sits down, and I sit down feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"She's being really nice…something's up." I whisper into Michael's ear.

"Yeah, I don't know why, but I have a feeling theirs something up her sleeve…"

"Maybe we shouldn't let her share out our food?"

"Well, I don't think she'd slip something in our food."

"But Michael, you never know…."

"Well, I don't know…Let me check on her." Michael says as he walks over to Latoya. She turns around, smiling again.

"Here's your dinner you guys, what do you need to be assisted with Michael?"

"Nothing, I'll go sit back down." He sits down as Latoya gave us our plate full of food.

"Enjoy you guys, I'm going to bed."

"Okay, night." Michael tells her as he goes down on his plate. I ignore my conscience I begin eating, and as I swallow my food, I feel something extremely sharp down my throat and blood flooded through my mouth as I immediately stop breathing, and I become weak and numb. I look over at Michael, trying to talk but I couldn't utter a sound, I grab his hands, and look at him in fear and frustration, hoping it'd gesture him to know something's wrong.

"What's wrong Kitty? What's wrong?" Michael says assisting me. I grab on his collar & hold him close to me crying, I turn to the left as I vomit blood.

"Oh God, where's the phone!" Michael says beginning to panic looking for the nearest phone.

"Michael's what's wrong?" Janet asks.

"Kitty's she's…..something's wrong, we need to call the paramedics."

Janet gasps as she walks toward me, as I'm laying down on the floor feeling lifeless as my heart beats heavily, suffocating feeling like I'm about to die any moment.

"Who put glass in her dinner?" Janet screams.

"Latoya shared….oh no….I can't believe she'd do something like this…" Michael says as his eyes begin to water up."You stay here with Kitty! I'll call 911!"

Michael runs down to me holds my body close to his, my eyes slowly close as I feel myself become weaker and weaker rapidly, I see Michael's mouth move, but I couldn't hear a word, as my body becomes absolutely life less as my eyes close, unable to see or feel anything, again.