- Text Size +

August 24, 1986 – 12:01 am

"Michael…I wasn't calling to stir up trouble if you were thinking that. I was just…" I stopped in the middle of my words feeling sad I made him upset at me.

"I planned on telling you about what happened with my family and me, in the morning. But looks like, I have no choice but to tell you now." He sits down on the edge of my bed, with his hand roaming through his hair; he looks as if he really didn't want to tell me anything.

"Michael, if you don't want to tell me, then you don't have to. I was just paranoid about you…"

"Why were you paranoid?"

"Because you just didn't seem well, so I called there to see what's up. But I guess I had gotten my answer slapped in my face..."

"I told you I just missed you, couldn't you just leave it with that?"

"No….my gut tells me it was more than I just missed you and I figured asking you about it again wouldn't work because you'd just repeat yourself, more than likely. So I decided making a call to the Jackson Family, just in case they might have an idea of what's really going on. You can't blame me for being concerned."

"Well you have a point."

"So what's going on Michael?"

"Long story, but I'll shorten it. Basically, for the past few days I've been noticing my family's been isolating themselves from me and there's been so much whispering going on with them and Latoya. Things had gotten weird and awkward in such a short time. They began to talk to me less, and pretend I don't even exist. So I called them out, asking them why they are treating me this way so suddenly. They told me, they don't appreciate the fact I'm trying to throw Latoya in prison. Everybody in the house was against me, even Mother was with them in this and I hated how they can all take her side just because she's family, forgetting about what she had done to you, really it disturbs me. So that's why I want to stay over for how long I can here, because I can feel comfortable and loved around you and Liz."

"Aw, Michael I'm so sorry this happened. This is my entire fault…"

"No it's not; none of this is your fault. My family is just, I don't even know. They know what she did was wrong, they just find it hard to throw her in jail, looking for excuses for her. Listen, I know you can't remember the incident, but I saw it all, I remember it vividly; I know she did this to you. That's why you need me, so you can get the justice you deserve. Forget them, they never saw a thing, they don't know anything. I would never tell such a lie on my sister. You have to confidently believe my words, or if we're not on the same page, she's going to walk a free woman. We can't have that happen to you, okay Kitty?"

"Okay, Michael. We'll stick on the same page I promise." We hug each other tightly knowing we have each other's back. I'm happy to know he still has my back in this tough situation where his entire family has turned their backs on him and is all for Latoya and will stop at nothing for me to get the justice I deserve. I think it's really sweet of him.

"But, Michael, how do you feel?"

"What do you mean?"

"About, the whole family just turning against you like that, don't you feel like just giving up on all of this?"

"No honey. Why would I?"

"Because it's your family, and your sister….don't they mean more to you?"

"Well they are my family, but I'm not letting someone go injustice just because they are my family. Don't worry about it Kitty, I'll be with you through everything."

"Aw, Michael…" I lean over and give him a peck kiss on the lips and we hug once again.

"So, you're going back to your room to sleep?" I ask, not wanting him to leave me tonight.

"I was thinking about staying with you tonight…but it's up to you what you want."

"Sure! We can stay and cuddle!"

"Perfect!" He joins me on the bed as we cuddle up with each other and spend the rest of the night in each other's arms.

August 24, 1986 – 1:25 pm

I wake up, seeing the sun bright and shining. Which I thought was weird, because the time I usually wake up, sun is just rising not up and about. I look over at the clock and it says 1:26 pm. Damn, I went to bed late last night, but I usually don't get any more than 4 hours of sleep since moving in. I guess cuddling with Michael, sure did make a drastic change to my sleeping habits. Not that I'm complaining. I look over to my side and of course Michael's not there. Mr. Man always wakes up at 6, so not a shocker. I get up, hit the showers, brush my teeth and wash my hair, go put on a fresh new pair of clothing. I walk downstairs and walk around the house, looking for either Michael or Liz Taylor. However, they seem to be nowhere to be found around this mansion.

"Michael?" "Elizabeth?" I shout out. No answers, maybe they are outside; I should go check this out. I walk outside and I see Michael and Liz walking together around her rose garden. I walk towards them, joining them so I don't feel so left out.

"Hey! You two!" I shouted out from behind.

"What's up cat? Over slept?" Michael asks, as I hug him.

"Pretty much, I slept like a baby last night, thanks to you."

"Aw, well glad I can help out with your sleeping." He hugs me back, smiles at me and gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Aw, you two, are so adorable!" Liz Taylor says as she watches us. I look up at Michael and he looks down at me smiling, which instantly made me smile too. I look around the corner of my eye and I see Darryl walking towards us and Liz walks towards him, as they speak quietly. Why do I have a bad feeling about their conversation? Not saying Liz is into anything shady, but I just have a gut feeling their conversation at the moment is something, not so great…

"Hey Kitty, your mom is waiting for you on the phone. Want to talk to her?"

For some reason, butterflies knotted my stomach, feeling nervous about talking to her. Which was unusual, I never ever had that feeling in my stomach to talk to my mom. A part of me is saying don't pick up the call, lie and tell her I'm in the shower. Another part of me says go talk, maybe she's just checking up on me. But I didn't want to be intentionally rude and just lie to my mom like that, so I decide to take the call.

"Okay, where's the phone?" I ask.

"Follow Darryl, he'll take you to it."

"Follow my lead." Darryl orders and I follow behind him all the way until we reach the phone. I put the phone to my ears.

"Hello Mother, it's me." I said letting her know I'm on the phone now.

"Hey, where have you been? I've been calling you all day."

"Well, I kind of just woke up, Mom. Sorry."

"You wake up so late in the day? That's not usually you. You always wake up around 10 or 9 am."

"Yeah I know, overslept. So how are things?"

"Things have been crazy lately…"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we've been getting allot of threats from the Jackson family. I've been trying to keep our family together, trying to not react to their arrogance. But it's been difficult for most of us, including myself. But we're most concerned with you, since you're there in California and we've been talking and we think its best you stop seeing Michael. Just so you don't have many connections with them."

When she told me that, I gasped in utter shock. How dare she tell me to stop seeing Michael, when he's the one helping us out? My family should want me to be with him, no matter what's going on with our families.

"Mom, before you and the family start making assumptions, Michael and I haven't been in much contact with his family and we've been sticking together, no matter what. I can't just end our relationship over this, what's going on between the Jackson's and us, has nothing to do with our intimate relationship."

"I know honey, but I'm just worried he might just be up to something you may not worry about. I am tired of this court business okay? I'm going through my divorce and now I have to deal with this shit because that damn LaToya almost killed your ass. I don't want to deal with any more stress okay?" She lashes out on me.

"I understand that mom, but he's the only person we have anyways. I don't remember what happened, mom. So we need Michael and I need him for my safety, he's the only person I have here."

"I think its best you stop dating because next thing you fall in love, if you aren't already and he will know, next after that he fucks you up. Honey, I do not trust any one of those Jacksons anymore. Michael could be behind something and you don't know. I don't even think I want you to be around him anymore. I'm really annoyed and pissed the fuck off with them, and I am just ready to send them back a threat."

"But mom….I can't stop seeing him….I just can't…I have to go now, talk to you later. Bye mom." I hung up the phone with tears falling down my eyes. I can't believe what the hell is going on here; the Jackson's sending my family threats! They do not know my family. I'm surprised they haven't reacted to their threats yet because I come from a highly short tempered family. They do not deal with these kinds of things well. This is going to turn into something bigger than it already is and most importantly the fact my family doesn't want me to see Michael anymore, makes me sick. How could they not want me to be with him anymore? Aren't they happy for us? He's helping us out; he's the only help we have, since I can't remember a damn thing that happened that day. They should want us to be as close as possible; do they not want Latoya in prison? I look up and I see Michael and Liz walking in, I turn my face just so they do not see me.

"Kitty, what's wrong?" I look to the sides of my eyes and I see both Liz and Michael hovering over me. I couldn't help myself but to outburst and show my feelings.

"Everything!" I shouted out as I sobbed. Both of them hugged me and hushed me, trying to make me feel better but I just couldn't. I feel so torn up about the whole situation, which has gone out of whack. I don't know what to do; I don't know where to turn anymore. My whole life seems to be falling apart so slowly.