- Text Size +

September 24, 1986 – 12:25 pm

I stand here in the court room, next to Michael as I patiently wait for Latoya's results. I am shaking and breathing heavily because, I have no idea how these results are going to turn out; I hope it turns out her results say she's positive, as in she did do this to me. I'd be in a huge shocker if it turned out to be negative; even though I'm sure it's not the case. But to be in a court room, in general is really nerve wrecking. Especially if you hear the two families throwing words at each other back and forth as they are right now. Marlon Jackson stands up walks towards my family as if he's ready to get up and fight.

"Sit your five dollar ass down!" My Uncle shouts over to Marlon who's forcing his way to get over here but security is trying to not let him touch anyone in my family. I shake my head in utter embarrassment, thinking goodness, where is the DNA results so I can leave?

"As if my day couldn't get any better…" I told Michael, as I witness the security guards taking them both away. Michael sighs in frustration, as we watch the securities take them both away. Jeez, what an embarrassment.

"When are we going to get on with this…?" Michael murmurs under his breath.

Latoya walks in as another police officer gives in the DNA results. I hold Michael's hand feeling a little sick inside, out of my nervousness.

"And so, the DNA results tested, if Latoya Jackson has tried to kill Catherine, she answered no. The DNA results say…"

She stalled at that part, which I hated because I really wanted to know right now. I begin to sweat and shake as I felt like I was going to pass out, so I hold his hand tightly, like it was my very own life support.

"Positive."

I felt a sigh of relief, but then again somehow I felt horrible too, and I don't even know why, was it because of the main fact, I am throwing Michael's sister in prison?

"No, your honor, you…you must have made a mistake." Latoya stutterers as tears fell down her face.

"No, the test reads you did do this. No mistakes in that." The judge takes a pause as she continues talking again. "Latoya Yvonne Jackson, you are sentenced for ten years to prison, without parole. Case closed." I took a deep breath as I watch the cops surround Latoya and Michael walks out immediately, I follow him out as we reach outside and I try to catch up.

"Michael, we won." I told him as I smile at him.

"I know." He stops walking and turns to me "And I am nothing but happy about it. But, Kitty…I just think it's very unfortunate I had to do this….put my sister in jail, makes me feel bad."

"Aw, Michael…"I give him a hug, knowing he feels bad he had to do this, but in the end he did the right thing. I'm proud.

"Everything will be okay, Mikey…alright?" I ask him as I look up at him, smiling.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? I understand your busy, Michael but have you ever thought about spending some time with me….sometime? We don't hang out as hardly as much as we used to."

"I know that's why we're going to hang out all day tomorrow." He winks at me and kisses me before entering his limo.

"See you soon, Kitty."

"Bye, Michael."

I sigh as I walk to my own limo, just thinking about when will I get a hold of Michael, he may have said 'tomorrow' but somehow I feel so weird about that, like it won't happen. Maybe I need to relax, trust in him more that he won't break that promise.

September 24, 1986 – 2:58 pm

I wake up from the short nap I shared with Prince, feeling good, it's the first time I've gotten any kind of sleep in the past week. It's nice to have a little time of rest. I hear a knock on my door; I wonder who that could be.

"Come in!" The door opens and its Liz, she walks over to me while smiling.

"Slept well, honey?" She asks as she approaches me.

"Yes, finally."

"Honey you have mail. I didn't read it or anything, so you don't have to worry about that."

"Oh okay, I wonder who would be sending me mail."

"You'll see. Okay I'll leave you now." Liz walks out as I open up the letter, which reads:

Dear Kitty,

Just want to say, back off bitch. Michael's mines as he always were. We have reconciled and our relationship hasn't been so fucking amazing yet. I'm sure you've suspected something by now, but just want to say keep your suspicions. I'm sure Michael's been selling you a story about us being just friends, but that is a huge load of bullshit. Okay? Michael hasn't been hanging around you much lately, if you've noticed because he's been with me, in my bed. As he is right now as I write this letter, so don't walk around like Michael is all yours. He's mines, and always will be. You need to know you were just a summer fling. A summer thing. Now summer's over, baby 'kitty'.

Sincerely,

Tatiana

Also in the letter she sent was a picture of her and Michael kissing. However, I don't trust that this picture was very recent….Or at least I'd like to think it isn't. I feel so angered and enraged like I can take a truck and throw it at someone right now. I ran downstairs to Liz Taylor to tell her about this, letter.

"Liz, can you believe this mess? Read it." I gave her the letter as she reads it.

"Stop making this little girl here, turn you into a fool. Okay?" Liz tells me, in a very stern voice.

"Listen, Liz, I really don't care. I want to show her who's boss around here. I'm not just going to let her shit fly just like that, she's been so rude and disrespectful to me for a while now and I've had it."

"Listen, ignore her. She's only looking for your attention and trying to break you and Michael up."

"Michael and I aren't going to break up…But I'd love to whip her ass, one day."

"Cat, can you just, ignore people sometime? Instead of every time someone acts disrespectful towards you, going off about it. Just pretend you didn't even notice. If you want to be famous one day, you got to learn how to not react so impulsive when people say things about you or tell you things just to hurt you or I'm afraid you're going to have quite a few visits to the jailhouse."

"I'm sorry, Liz I just have a terrible temper…"

"You need to work on that, I know you're angry at the letter, but just take a deep breathe." I followed her instructions as I took a deep breathe. "And, tear the letter apart, because you don't believe a damn word she says on it, right?" She adds as she hands me both the letter and picture. I sighed for a bit, not feeling so confident about it. But I knew I had to, unless I wanted to let Tatiana get the best of me, which I don't. I smiled as I tore the two up and threw them in the garbage. I felt relieved and stress free when I did that, I'm glad I tore them up, or I would have been pissed for a whole month over this.