- Text Size +

June 3rd 1986 - 1:30pm

I am just waking up from being unconscious. Damn, it felt like I was going to never wake up. Which I would have preferred. Now I have to live another day, homeless. The time just keeps going slower & slower.

It was hard for me to sit up on the bed because of the horrific pain I am now experiencing on my stomach, in between my thighs, legs, & thighs. Today was going to be a long & rough day. I check my purse to see if that bastard stole anything from it. Looks as if he didn't steal anything from me…besides my virginity. Ugh, I can't believe this has happened to me. I am mentally bruised by this for life. I have no trust in men what so ever.

I slowly start trying to get up off the bed, but my thighs are giving me allot of trouble. But I still got to stand. As I stand up, my legs & thighs feel like collapsing. But I am slowly trying to walk my way out of here.

There was free food, drinks, showers & clothes but I didn't want any. I don't want any chances of me being raped in here again to happen. I just want to leave.

I got outside & I see allot of action going on & allot of gangs around. Man I really hope nobody decides to mess with me, I wouldn't be in any place to defend myself, since my entire body's been shaky & I can't even walk properly. Then…I just have to see a few guys come over & harass me.

"Hey you! Where you from?"

Ignore them, their looking for a hook up I see.

"Oh you must be Dominican! Como Estas senorita!"

I still refuse to reply to them, I'd really like it if they leave me alone.

"Can I have that expensive jacket of yours?"

Still no answer from me, because of course I wasn't going to give it away.

He grabs my arm & says

"Yo! MISS! Can I have the jacket Please?"

"Let Go Of Me!" I scream as I try to push him away so he'll let go, but he pushes me up against the building & warps his hands around my neck, suffocating me as his boys watch & enjoy.

"If you don't give me that Jacket, I'll suffocate the life out of you."

"Then do it!" I spit at him, since that was the only defense I could do right now.

"Oh you nasty bitch!" He punches me out & knocks my lights out as I become unconscious once again.

Hours later I wake up, with the worst headache ever & my bodily pains didn't get any better either. I feel sore all around. I slowly got up, & I took my time walking, as I am walking I walk past an electronic store, & there were televisions there, all on the news, & I saw someone, very, familiar on the news. It catches my attention.

As I watch the news reporter says: "A woman named Sharon Genovese, went behind bars today for harassing, the teenage couple Aiden & Chastity, who Aiden is 18 years old & Chastity is 19 years of age. According to Sharon, her daughter Kitty, has been missing & homeless for the past few days because of Aiden's love affair with Chastity. Sharon was out to get revenge for Aiden's adulterous, behavior to her daughter & for leaving her out in the streets. According to Aiden this is what happened today: 'My girlfriend & I were just watching TV. & then all of a sudden Sharon just barges in our room I wonder where she got our keys from. She came at us with a gun in her hand ready to shoot. But before anything happened police came. I'm so glad my girlfriend & I are safe now.' That was in the words of Aiden, Sharon has been released from jail just recently through bail & is now back on the plane back to New York city. However, this case is far from over. Sharon claims she wants to know where her daughter is & will stop at nothing. Here's a descriptive description & picture of how Sharon's daughter, Kitty Genovese looks like:

Skin Tone: Light Skin

Eye Color: Dark Brown

Hair: Curly, black & long down behind her back

Height: 5"9 - 5"10

Age: 17

Body Type: Long neck, skinny & slender body

If anyone knows where Kitty Genovese is, dial this number:

941 - 6881

& We'll go on from there. Thank you for watching & have a goodnight. "

I begin to quickly look in my purse for a piece of paper to write that number in. However, I had no piece of papers here to write on. Damn it. As I thought there could be a little bit of hope for me there wasn't. At all.

I begin walking again, venturing off to Gosh knows where or what kind of trouble I could walk into.

"Still won't give me that jacket huh?" The guy from earlier shouts out.

Oh No…not again. I flip him my middle finger & just keep walking on. I hope he leaves me alone…now.

"You little whore!" he runs over to me but his boys catch him in time. Jeez, where was his boys when I got punched? Enjoying it. I don't see the difference between then & now but whatever, I guess.

"Let Go of me! Let me fuck this bitch up!" He screams trying to make his guys let him go.

I walk & not look back & look at him, The thought of looking at him & the thought of all of this happening to me, was so….horrific. I couldn't believe. I feel like giving up on everything. All of a sudden I feel a push

'Boom!'

On the ground I fall on my already aching knees, as the guy is assaulting me again.

"You little rich bitch! What the hell you doing in Inglewood? Go back to Hollywood hills where you belong! We don't need you & your Diana Ross looking ass up here showing off like you run this place! No you don't run it I do!"

He's kicking me around my stomach, his boys come & take him away from me.

"I see you around here again I will kill you!" He screams at me one more time.

I watch his boys, take him away. What's his problem? I guess your only poor when you are dark skinned with short nappy hair. I didn't know there was a rule for that. I slowly got up & saw a KFC right down the block & I limp walk towards it, as I was nearly half dead already.

I walk in & every one is staring at me, like I'm some alien form another planet. But I didn't really care. I just wanted out of the streets, I am walking straight into the bathroom into a stall, where I locked the stall door, sit down on the floor & put my head down on my arms. I begin to cry, once more. As my whole body ached the whole time, maybe I need to go to the hospital because the amount of pain I was going through, was absolutely hell.