- Text Size +

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.
Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know.
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft & warm.
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

Michael looked at his sixteen year old daughter, "Are you sure you have to go?" He asked her, she giggled and looked to her now 56 year old father, "Daddy, I'm only going with my friends." He looked at her uneasy, "Yeah, but you won't be back for a week." Paris walked over to her father and gave him a hug, "Why are you so scared?"

He giggled, "I'm not scared, I'm just going to miss you, Applehead." She smiled as she left her arms wrapped around her father's neck, "You still have Blanket here, Dad." He really felt a great deal of sadness that his little girl was growing up and was now leaving with friends and had her license, which meant she was rarely home. Michael felt the same amount of sadness he had when his oldest son Prince had gotten his license also.

Michael wanted to keep his children little babies forever, so they would always need him and always be there when he needed someone. He kissed his daughter's forehead and sighed before telling her, "Please be careful and hurry back as soon as possible." She giggled at her dad's protectiveness and said, "I promise I'll be careful and I promise to be back soon. Please be happy, you're gonna make me cry."

He put on a smile and said, "I'm sorry, baby girl, I'm happy for you. Go on out and have fun." The younger teenage girl smiled and gave her father a kiss and another hug before walking out to her car, cranking it up and driving down the road. He stared out the window until her car was no longer in sight and let out a deep breath before walking to the dance studio that was built in his house and dancing. Dancing was always his way to forget, dancing made everything better.

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You" in the moonlight at your door.
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy, Love You More".

*12 years earlier*

Michael scolded his four year old daughter for fighting with her older brother, Prince-Michael. "Paris, what have I told you about fighting with Prince?" The little toddler wanted to get her way, she wasn't used to not getting her way and wasn't going to deal with it either. "But Daddy, he was being mean to me!" Little Prince looked over at his father and said, "No, I wasn't! She's lying!" Michael looked at his son and scolded him, "Prince-Michael! What have I told you about calling people a liar?" The young boy looked down and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Michael looked at his son and said, "You're forgiven." before looking to his daughter and saying, "Stop being so mean and rude or I'll take your toys away." She looked at him, started crying and said, "No, daddy! Please don't take my toys away!" He looked at his crying daughter always hating to see her cry and said, "I won't as long as you two stop fighting."

He left the two children alone for a few minutes and began thinking of a punishment until his little daughter came into his room and wrapped her arms around his neck while crawling into his lap. "I'm sorry, Daddy." She said with a little smile on her face, which made Michael smile and give into her cute little charm.

Michael smiled and said, "It's okay, Paris.", the little girl looked at him and said, "I'm not Paris." He gave her a look and decided to play along, "You're not? Then who are you? An Applehead?" The little girl giggled at her father's humor and spoke again, "I'm Daddy's baby." He smiled and kissed her and said, "You are. You'll always be Daddy's baby, even when you're really old." She laughed and gave her father one more hug before running off to play with her brother.

Later that night after Michael had put Prince, Paris and Blanket, he went into each child's individual bedroom and made sure to tuck them in, give them a hug and kiss and tell them each goodnight every night, that was something he had always done with his children. After he had told Prince and Blanket he loved them, tucked them in and gave them their hug and kiss he made his way into Paris' room.

The little girl had already fall asleep and the forty-four year old couldn't help but stare at his little girl in amazement of how beautiful she was. She had an olive skin tone, with her mother's eyes, her father's cheekbones and smile, she was perfection. He walked up to her and gently placed a kiss on her forehead and whispered, "Daddy loves you, Paris." before walking back to the doorway and as he reached the doorway he heard a small voice say, "Daddy, I love you more." He smiled to himself and walked out of the room leaving the little girl to her slumbers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Back to present time, 2014*

Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.
I know he'll say that he's in love.
But between you and me, he won't be good enough.

Michael still was dancing in his studio as he remembered that one moment with his baby girl when she was only a toddler, he smiled but got a little upset at remembering that, as mentioned before he still wasn't enthused about his daughter growing up just like he wasn't too happy when his oldest son did the same thing just a year ago.

He always dreaded thinking of the day that he would have to walk his daughter down the isle when she decided to get married when she was older. He didn't think that any man would ever be good enough for his baby girl, he even joked about wrapping her in barbed wire when she was younger to keep all of the boys off of her. He was a very protective father that didn't want his baby to get hurt even though he knew that he wouldn't be able to hide her from it all and he'd have to let go at some point and let her fall and learn things for herself.

No matter how old he or Paris would ever get he knew that one thing would always remain sacred between the two, he would always keep that promise to her that he made eight years before to his then four year old daughter: No matter what, even when she became old and gray and he may not still be there, she would always be Daddy's Baby.

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.