- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

**DISCLAIMER*** The characters and events are pure fiction. None of the events took place. No copyright infringement intended.  All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  


 

Dear, Michael...

 

She wrote...

     Dear, Michael 

I know you will probably won't get this but how are you doing? I wanna know your deepest feelings and your darkest thoughts. I want to know the real Michael not the T.V. Michael. I bet we--

 

 "Chance, we have company," her mom yelled. 

 

"Coming..." Chance hated company. The only company she was interested in was if Michael Jackson was to come to her front door. She put down her pen and paper and started down the stairs. She saw that the company was her bum of an uncle standing there. Dirty and taking time to scratch his buttocks. 

 

'What does this dirty, no job, out of shape, old coot want from us now,' she thought.

 

"What brings you here Sedrick," mother said.

 

"Diane, little sis could you help your loving big bro with a place to stay," he said sympathetically, "I don't have anywhere else to go. You said if I couldn't find a place, there was always room at your house."

 

"Well... Sed, I don't know because I myself am not the only one living here. My daughter has a say in this too." Looking at Chance, she said "What do you think?"

 

'I say throw him out NOW! Why is he even in the house? You are a single mother and you got things to do, bills to pay and this poor excuse of a brother is gonna mooch off you for free? Uh NO. THROW HIM OUT,' she thought. "Uh... why not, if uncle Sed doesn't have anywhere else to go, why not." Chance could not believe what she said. What did she get herself into.

 

***

They chatted and talked even though Chance did not care

About what Uncle Sedrick had to say... "She chased me around the house with a knife, Diane." 

 

"Well Sed, I would too if you cheated on me," Diane said humorously. Giggling a bit at his statement.

 

"Diane it's not funny, I could've died," he retorted. 

 

Chance could not bare to look at Sedrick nor listen to him. She had always had this strong hateful passion about him. He had been so dependent on her mother that her father couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave. Till this day she blames him for her father walking out on her family. "Mother, may I please go to my room," Chance asked 

 

Disappointed by her daughter's hasty recommendation, she sighed a quick sigh and replied "Yes, you can go now." Chance saw the feeling in her mother's eyes but she couldn't take anymore of  the crap her Uncle was spilling. Diane was fully aware of how Chance felt about her brother. She tells her that her father leaving had nothing to do with Sedrick. Even though she knew she was buttering up he situation. Chance may have been only twelve years old but she sure did not act like it. She felt that she always had to be strong, be the "man" of the house. Diane just wished that she would not care so much about adult things and just be... a kid.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Please review and thank you for reading. This is my first story so please critique on me. 

 

Much Love