- Text Size +

Chance began to write again:

 

...would have a lot in common. I love the color red just like you. Ever since I was small I always wanted to care for the children of the world. That's why I love you so much, what you do for the children. Anyway, I better get some sleep.

     Love, Chance

 

Chance changed into her pajamas and drifted off to sleep. 

 

***

 

"Chance, you are very special to me and I'm glad I have this moment with you," he sang. 

 

"Michael this moment couldn't be any better than it is now," she admired. She looked into his dark chocolate eyes as they peered into her icy blue eyes. Yes she was right, this moment couldn't be any better. She and him were on a tropical getaway on an isolated island with the sunset giving off beautiful strands of red, orange, violets, and yellows. His curly hair blowing in the soft breeze. "Michael," she spoke "...I love you." 

 

His eyes softened and he opened his mouth to speak...

 

BUZZZ!!!! BUZZZ!!!! BUZZZ!!!! 

 

The agitating sound of her clock rang. "Damn it," she groaned underneath the warmth of the covers. She lazily reached her arm to turn off the alarm. 

 

"I heard that," her mother softly said while sitting next to her now fully awoken child. Chance unnoticeably rolled her eyes. Diane did not like her daughter cursing. She herself did not curse, it was how she was raised. However, her husband had a "potty mouth" you could say. Which is probably where Chance got hers from. "You know I don't like you using words like that," she scolded.

 

"I know... It uh... slipped out," she explained. 

 

"It doesn't matter Chance, watch your mouth next time."

 

"I promise I will watch my mouth, mother," she said mockingly.

 

"Okay. Now I want to talk about your Uncle Sed."

 

'Why did she always do this,' she thought. "What is there to talk about?"

 

"I know how you feel about him but I want you to not act like you absolutely hate him. After all he is your uncle; he's family." 

 

"I don't want to talk about this right now." She got up from the bed and quickly walked to the bathroom and slammed the door. 

 

"Chance," she said while walking up to the door, "Honey, please talk to me"

 

"I don't want to," she yelled.

 

"You can't keep this bottled up forever, sweetie. It wasn't his fault!"

 

Chance abruptly opened the door and said "If it wasn't his fault then it was probably yours!" Her mother was taken aback at her daughter's statement. "Now that I think of it, it wasn't Uncle Sedrick's fault. It was yours. You and your damned nagging. Nag, nag, nag, that's all you did was nag my father and look where that got you. You nagged him away and you're probably gonna nag me away too!" The glassy look in her mother's eyes told Chance she had said something really hurtful. 

 

Oh crap. 

 

She walked toward her mother,    "Mom, I-I-I... I didn't mean that." 

 

Silence

 

"Mom?"

 

"Uhm... Just get ready for school. I'll be waiting downstairs for you," she sounded shaken and hurt. With that her mother left the room.

 

She did as told and got ready for school. Feeling guilty for what she said. Chance grabbed her book bag and left for the kitchen. She grabbed an apple from the fridge and took a bite. She felt a cold chill down her spine as her mother passed her to grab her purse. "Are you ready to go, Chance," said Diane. Her voice seemed like she had gotten hit and hit hard and was ready to cry any minute.

 

"Uh..yeah." She took he last bite of her apple and they headed out the garage door.

 

***

 

The car ride to school was silent and awkward. Chance made sure not to make eye contact with her mother trying not to make the car ride even more awkward. A few minutes went by and they pulled up at the school. "...See you later, mom."

 

"Bye...hun."

 

Chance shut the car door and her mother quickly drove off. She sighed and walked into the school building.

Chapter End Notes:

 

Just want to tell you. The chapters are pretty short so bare with me :) 

     Much Love