- Text Size +

Warning: The following contains sensitive subject matter.

******

"What woman? What did you say to me!?", the enraged man shouted at the top of his voice. He lifted his hand to her face, causing her to flinch. The fury was evident in his eyes. It was a terrible sight to see. By this time, her face was hot and sore and her arms were entirely covered with bruises. No one could get her out of this. No one could help.

"N-nothing..." she stuttered as tears rolled down her rosy cheeks, soon traveling to the corners of her lips. Her eyes then darted towards the floor, the pain had struck her throughout her entire body. She tried with all her might to keep back her tears, but it had become impossible at this point.

"That's what I thought. Don't you dare talk back to me again, woman. I.. I mean it", he lifted his hand which held a bottle of whiskey, chugging the rest of the fluid down into his system then threw it across the floor. There the glass had shattered and left an unneeded mess. The helpless female continued to avoid any eye contact with the inebriated fool that stood right before her. Immediately, she responded with a nod, hoping that this was it and that this would be over. She wanted nothing more than for him to leave.

"I lov.. love you, Tatiana. I love you. You know that", He staggered towards the door that was cracked, his speech slurred. As soon as he swung it open, Leila had been sitting there on the floor, shedding tears as she looked up at her drunken father. Not showing any kind of emotion, he walked straight past her and left.

Tatiana loathed the fact that their daughter, who was only five had to go through all of this again. What damaged her the most was that she had to catch sight of her like this. With all the wounds, bumps and blood showing upon her frail body.

Using the strength she had left, Tatiana brought herself up from the floor before making her way over to the bed. Once situated, she gently placed her head on the provided pillows. Exhaustion and pain ran throughout her body. Her hand soon clenched the pillow that laid underneath her. Every thought of what she wanted to do to him right then and there occurred, but there was nothing she could do. He'd abused her so many times and every time he would win.

Hearing the door shut, Leila immediately got up and ran to her mother who laid weakly upon the bed. Tears still strolled down her face from the incident. Tears from the pain that he had caused and done to her.

"M...Mommy?", Leila said, before moving closer to her. Hearing her precious voice, Tatiana slowly lifted her arm and allowed the small child to come beneath. Leila carefully moved underneath and hugged her mother with gentleness. The last thing she wanted to do was let her go and had hoped that all the pain she was feeling would go away at that instant. 

The next morning...

Tatiana awakened with severe pains and it turned out to be even worse than the night before. Her daughter was sleeping on the other side of the bed at the time, underneath the blanket, curled up like a sweet angel like she was. Remaining silent, she carefully lifted herself up from the bed and then exited. Her back was aching and the corners of her mouth stung from the heavy fist that jabbed her there.

Now approaching the bathroom, she stepped in and turned on the light to get a good look at herself. She took a step forward and brought her hand up slowly to her face. Her hair all messy and tussled. Water instantly filled her eyes as she stared at what he did to her in the mirror. As one hand reached over for a face towel,  the other turned the water on to wet it down. After wringing it out, the distressed female started dabbing at certain areas among her face in a gentle manner.

"Shit..", she flinches. It hurts, it stings. It took a small amount of time to finally get her face cleaned, blood-free, yet the bruises and cuts were still visible. Placing the cloth down at the edge of the sink, Tatiana got a good look at herself again, but this time with pure disgust and disappointment. "I'm weak, I can't defend myself... I'm useless," she whispers to herself then begins to search through the cabinet for some cover up.  Hopefully, no one could tell, and no one would find out.