- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

His eyes were ever so bright yet began to narrow as he moved even closer to her.

-MICHAEL'S POV-

Standing behind where the auditions were going on, Michael gave a small smirk when he saw the next girl come into the audition. She had permed, thick curls, flowing down her back. She was wearing a short blue dress, which highlighted her bosoms, and black leggings, showing off the elegant curves of her legs. Her beauty had amazed him.

"My god, she's gorgeous," he told his photographer Sam Emerson, who was standing beside him.

"I agree..."

Along with her was a little girl. He smiled at the very sight of her. She was the cutest thing.

"Oh wow, she's a mother," he thought.

"Well...let's hope she gets the role."

"Well let's see how her audition goes first."

"Okay," Michael told him.

-TATIANA'S POV-

"It's not going to take too long, I promise," Tatiana looked down at her daughter. "Stay here, okay?", Leila nods as she stood by the wall then watched her mother walk off.

Coming to a stop, Tatiana shifted her body to see a man with thick glasses and a clipboard on his lap. It was Vincent Paterson, the choreographer. Next to him on the left was Joe Pytka, the director, with his leg over the other, straight-faced. He looked tired for it had been a long day.

"Before we start, I want to apologize. I had some problems with the babysitter, and I couldn't find anyone else to look after my daughter...I'm hoping this won't affect my audition" she tells them both anxiously.

Joe sat up to readjust himself in his seat. "Don't worry. You are fine. Now let's begin quickly for we do have a few others waiting."

"Tatiana...Tu-Thumbtzen, correct?" Vincent looked up from his clipboard then pushed his spectacles up. "I'm sorry. I hope I pronounced that right."

"Oh no, you're good" she smiled and stood there with confidence. Her concentration was intact.

"Okay great, let's get started!" he smiled benevolently. "Now I would like to see you demonstrate some of your dancing ability and character. Did you bring some music to dance to?"

Tatiana shook her head, becoming quite panicky. "No. I did not. I didn't know."

"No, no it's fine. We have music for you, just wanted to see if you had your own. And by the way, it is not the actual song for the video", he stated, "Try your best and feel the music as you dance, okay?"

"Got it," she replied, a little nonplussed. Some of her other auditions worked this way.

He reached over and pressed a button on the tape player. It took a few seconds for the song to begin playing, but when it did, it got her shoulders moving. Not surprised, they had played a song by Michael. "Beat It" was the track.

Tatiana stretched her arms, rolled her neck carefully and shook out her legs.

At this point, she waited for the first verse to begin, concentrating on the beat and the instruments before the vocals ran in. Her muscles start to loosen up as she gets more into it. The music suddenly fills her body and then she danced. The routine she perfectly mastered she began to do.

Dancing was what she had loved, aside from modeling and it was hard to control herself when performing as it had seemed like the music was controlling every limb of her body.

Once the dance came to an end, the brunette strutted across the room with attitude, did a quick spin on her toes, showing off her ballet technique and landed on her feet with pride right when the music stops; her eyes now closed.

"Wow! Ah-maz-ing"

It was a soft voice, with an astounded and enthralled tone.

She then heard clapping, the sound increasing.

Opening her eyes, it was him.

"And that spin at the end was excellent," Michael stated as he came toward her. His hair was down, curls flowing; a few strands of them were falling out around his face. He looked stunning. Imperfections? Nowhere to be found. This man was handsome.

His eyes stood out and began to narrow as he moved even closer to her. He certainly looked tired, but she could understand why.

He then turned and looked at Vincent. "Please put her down for one of the finalists."

"I just....I can't believe this is happening", it felt surreal.

"Well it is!" he smiled, sticking out his hand. "I'm...well you know who I am."

Tatiana stared at him with admiration; she was completely stunned and could not stop smiling. "Of course, I do....I'm Tatiana. Tatiana Thumbtzen"

"I'm very pleased to meet you, Ms. Thumbtzen" he shook hands with her. His grip is firm but cold. "You dance wonderfully. Everything you did in that routine is what I'm looking for. Especially that strut at the end. How long have you been dancing?"

What? She couldn't believe all of this positive feedback coming from a legendary mastermind. Was she dreaming?

"Well, I began to train in ballet at the age of 8. I continued to dance until I reached my teens. Through dance, I acquired a contract for modeling by the age of 19. So dance isn't my profession but I have gained much experience....I'm sorry, was that too much?" her eyes widened. Whenever she was nervous, she talked a lot and at a quick pace.

Michael laughed softly and shook his head. "No, no, I'm starting to know more about you. You are a great dancer."

"Thank you so much..."

"Mommy, mommy!" a small voice shouted out. It was Leila. She ran towards her mother with open arms. Tatiana stooped down to her level then picked her up and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry...this is my daughter. Her name is Leila", she looked back at him.

"What a beautiful name. She looks just like you. Hi Leila", he flashed his pearly whites and gently placed his hand on her arm. Tatiana already knew that he had a great love for children.

Leila looked away and hid her face in the crook of Tatiana's neck.

"Sorry, she's a bit shy," she reddened.

"I understand, she's gorgeous."

"Thank you...", Her eyes then directly met with his. His stare was so intense that she had to break it off and look away.

Vincent waved from behind and cleared his throat abruptly. "I'm sorry, but we need to move on with auditions, Michael. There still are a few girls and it is getting late", he checked his wrist watch.

"My bad," he takes a good look at her once more. "I'll see you later. It was nice meeting you, Tatiana...and your adorable daughter."

"It was nice meeting you too, Michael."

He smiled, turning on his heel and then walked away.