- Text Size +

Exceprt from Smile by Michael Jackson

Smile, though your heart is aching
Smile, even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky
You'll get by...

If you smile
With your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just...

Sophie Stallone laid out pictures across the king size bed in a big empty room that used to be full of life.

Her pictures captured the best and not so good moments in her life, most of them with her "soul mate" as he called her.

They weren't supposed to get married, they weren't supposed to have a baby boy that resembled him so much.

She guessed it all happened for a reason, she guessed everything happened for a reason, but some things she couldn't explain, some things she thought were unfair.

He wasn't supposed to die. He wasnt supposed to leave his three children orphaned, and he defenitley wasn't supposed leave her.

She looked down at a picture of when they first met at an "amusement park" in which he told her it was called "Fantasy land" but she later knew it as Neverland and her backyard.

A single tear dropped down on the picture, she wiped it away quickly hoping not to ruin the picture.

She stuck by his side through his ups and downs like he did with her. In 2005, when he decided to move out of Neverland to leave the ghosts of wrong accusations that haunted him, she moved out with him. Later, she convinced him to move back in and forget the past and keep moving forward.

She met him when she was 7 on the set of Moonwalker as she played her first acting role as, Katie-the damsel in distress, as her idol would save her from Mr. Big.

He was happy then, but over the next few years as she befriended him, his happiness slowly began to fade away. Others couldn't see the pain in his eyes, because he put on a happy face to play with her and Macaulay at Neverland, but she could see it.

When she was 18 she left Los Angeles to attend theater school in New York, she met a guy her age there and got engaged to him.

Destiny must've not wanted her and this guy to be together for he was taken from her in a tragedy and she found comfort in an old friend, falling for him as he slowly fell for her.

She got out of the bed and walked up to the loft in the master bedroom, she entered the closet, and entered the code for his secret closet.

She grabbed his old coat which still smelled like his sweet scent.

She grabbed one of his prized fedora hats and rested it upon her hair.

Finally, she put on his black aviator sunglasses which he had worn so much.

She walked downstairs, luckily the kids were at their Grandmothers house.

She walked out of the huge place she learned to call home and got in a shiny black limo.

The limo departed the gates of Neverland Valley Ranch and drove to Forest Lawn Cemetery.

She walked through the gates and to her husband's grave.

A breeze danced around her and leaves crunched beneath her feet, it was usually cold for a September evening in Los Angeles.

She sat down leaning against the tombstone and began reading one of his favorite books.

When she did this once a week she felt at peace and felt as if he was sitting next to her like those days in the summer at Neverland when the kids were away.

Tears streaked down her face and kept gathering in her eyes until she couldn't even read anymore.

He was gone and she was alone...