- Text Size +

August 2001 (Sophie is 21, Michael is 44)

Sophie sat on the bed in the bedroom of the Berlin hotel holding her baby tight, she hadn't heard from Michael for hours.

Assuming Michael had already left for the awards show she walked out of the room and sat on the couch looking out the window.

She held Blanket close and looked into to his eyes, they were just like his father's.

Suddenly, she had a hurt in her heart and felt bad for screaming at Michael.

He deserved it though, he could've dropped the baby, then what would people say about him.

She sat the now sleeping baby down in his bassinet and picked up her cell phone.

Her phone rang and she spoke in her mom's native tounge of Swedish, "Är Bridgette där?"(Is Bridgette there?)

The boy on the other line replied and told her to hold on a second.

It was silent for a few minutes, "Hallå?" (Hello?)

"Mama?" Sophie asked back to her mother.

"Sophie, sweetheart I'm glad you called. I just came across something on the news, is everything okay?" Her mom asked and immediately Sophie knew what news she was talking about. The whole world probably knew.

"Mama, how long would it take you to get to Berlin from Stockholm?" Sophie asked.

"About an hour. Why?" Bridgette asked concerned.

"I'll be there in an hour. Send someone to pick me up," Sophie said and before her mom had time to reply she had already hung up and started packing.

She was furious at Michael for what he had done and she thought it best if he spent the remainder of his time in Berlin alone.

He was working on a documentary with a British journalist named Martin Bashir, and she despised him.

She knew the documentary would turn about to be a huge lie towards Michael and the rest of his family, including her.

She packed the last of her things and headed down to the lobby with Blanket.

The head of her security drove to the airport, she bought a plane ticket, and boarded the plane.

When she arrived in Stockholm an hour later, her mom was there to pick her up.

She put her luggage in the back and strapped Blanket into the car seat.

"So this is the baby I've heard so much about," her mom said as she removed the scarf from his head and shut the back door.

"I can't believe this is your first time meeting him," she said back to her mom as they climbed in the front seat.

Her mom started driving, "Sorry I couldn't make for his birth, Henry got his wisdom teeth taken out that same day."

Sophie looked out at Stockholm, she hadn't been here since she was a kid, "How are Henry and Harry?"

She hadn't seen her twin half brothers since they were five and she guessed they were about 13 now.

"Their doing just fine, they ask how you are a lot," her mom said passing into the country side.

"I'm sure they've grown since the last time I saw them, I can't wait to see them again," Sophie said as they pulled into a countryside mansion.

She got out and looked around, then she helped her mom get her luggage and she got Blanket out.

They went in and she meet her little half brothers all over again, "My, look how you guys have grown."

The boys smiled and took her luggage to her room.

"Tonight, Sophie dear I'm going to fix you your favorite Swedish meal," her mother said setting up a swing for Blanket.

She took Blanket from Sophie, put him in th swing, and turned it on.

"Harry and Henry speak english, right? They looked like different understand me," Sophie said folloeing her mom to the kitchen.

Bridgette got out the stuff to make dinner, "Thei english is a little rusty, but heir fluent in Swedish and Italian. I'm trying to teach them english."

"How's Antonio?" Sophie asked about her mom's current husband, she hadn't seen him in a while either.

"He's fine, he's visting his mother in Italy right now," she said turning on the oven.

There was a silence and Sophie thoought about how her mother always feel for Italian guys, they were cute.

"So, what's going on with you and Michael?" Her mother asked sitting down at the table with Sophie and two glasses of tea.

Sophie sipped her tea, "I don't agree with what he did."

"That was crazy and I don't agree with everything he says and does, bu he is so sweet," Her mother said looking out the window.

"I know, he has the kindest soul and I love him so much," Right then Sophie realized that after dinner she had to go back to Michael.

Back in Berlin

Michael stormed through the bedroom door, not finding Sophie and blanket there either.

He sat down on the bed and cried, but he was also glad Martin left him alone.

He looked up a few minutes later to find Sophie standing in the doorway.

"Sophie," he ran to her, she stopped him, "Where were you?"

"I was at my mother's in Stockholm, I ate there, talked with her. I was planning on staying longer, but I realized I needed to come back. I already put Blanket in his crib," Sophie said then walked past him.

Sophie undressed and slipped in bed, Michael went to lay beside her on his stomach, "Sophie, I'm so sorry, I was just showing them the baby. I was holding him tight. I wasn't gonna drop him, that's ridicoulous."

"Just promise me you'll never do that again," Sophie said touching Michael's angelic face.

"I promise," Michael said kissing Sophie.

The kiss got stronger and pretty Michael undressed to and slipped under the covers with Sophie.

Later in the night they were both laying in their backs talking and Michael started singing 'Human Nature' softly.

Sophie wrapped her arm around Michel and dosed off to the sound of his perfect voice.