- Text Size +

March 2003 (Sophie is 21, Michael is 44)

It seemed to Sophie that ever since the documentary Living With Michael aired last month, Michael had been mopping around like some sort of zombie.

But then again, why wouldn't he? The documentary portrayed a negative view of Michael and the final airing showed only the footage Martin Bashir wanted in it.

Even though on set Martin was nice to Michael and had even complemented Michael on his parenting skills and his grace under pressure.

Sophie knew, even from the get go when she first met Bashir, that he was just another one of those sleazy reporters that would twist around anything to get money.

She had tried to tell Michael, but he didn't listen, he wanted to set the record straight about everything.

When they watched the documentary in the theatre, Michael had stormed out saying, "You were right," as he walked back to the main house.

Since then Michael had hardly spoken to Sophie and she had hardly spoken to him.

It was mid-afternoon and Sophie was explaining all of this to her mother over the phone while she watching two year old Blanket play with Prince and Paris.

Blanket picked up and block and stacked it on another creating more levels to the block tower that he built.

Paris was sitting beside Blanket handing him the blocks he needed to make the tower taller.

Why can't my life be that simple? Just playing with some blocks, babies have it easy. Sophie thought this while her mom was explaining some kind of story to catch Sophie up on her life.

Prince walked over and thinking it would be funny, kicked the block tower over, blocks flew everywhere around Blanket and he started crying.

"Mama, I gotta go, I'll call you tomorrow or something," Sophie hung up and walked over and picked Blanket up off the ground.

Paris ran and sat on the couch while Prince just stood there.

"Don't you ever do that again! Prince, go to your room," Sophie raised her voice at Prince and he just stood there.

"What did I just say? Go to your room, Prince," Sophie shouted and Prince started walking towards the stairs.

When Prince got to the stairs he turned around and started shouting at Sophie, "DADDY WOULD NEVER YELL AT ME! I HATE YOU! YOU ARE NOT MY MOMMY!"

Prince stormed up the stairs as Paris turned on the TV, Sophie walked into the kitchen and sat Blanket down in his high chair.

She wiped the tears from his eyes and cheeks, "It's alright Blanket, you can build another tower."

Blanket looked around, "But, I was buildin' it for daddy."

"He won't mind if you build him another one, okay," Sophie said standing up.

Blanket nodded and Sophie walked over to the cabinet, "Hey, you want some cheerios?"

"And Juicy Juice!" Blanket shouted smiling.

Sophie poured some cheerios into a bowl and stuck the straw in the box of Juicy Juice and put them on Blanket's high chair tray.

Blanket began eating his cheerios and Sophie walked over to the window and looked out, pretty soon she heard Michael walk in the kitchen.

She turned around, "How was your day sweetheart?"

"Fine," Michael said quietly fixing himself something to drink.

"How are you?" Michael asked Blanket, leaning down and kissing the top of his head.

"I'm eatin' cheerios," Blanket exclaimed happily to his father.

"I see that," Michael said smiling and walking out of the kicthen.

Sophie watched him go as a part of her died, she missed Michael's kisses.

She hadn't felt his lips on her for weeks and she wanted him so bad.

When Blanket was done eating his snack she sat on the couch with Paris and sat in the chair across from them.

Michael went to his office and sat the mail he had collected on the desk, he sat down in his chair.

Michael picked up the first letter, the front read, "Los Angeles County Courts."

He opened up the letter and read over it several times, his heart breaking with each read.

Rage and anger built up inside him, he began destroying his office.

He threw al the papers of the desk, he went over to his piano and pushed all the sheet music to the floor, and he let books fall off the bookshelve and hit the ground with various thuds.

Sophie heard the racket in the office and got up to check it out, she slowly opened to door to find the mess Michael had made.

She looked around and spotted Michael sitting up against the wall by the piano with his head buried in knees.

As she appoarched him the sound of each of his sobs hit her like a knife in the heart.

She sat by Michael and put her arm around him, he lifted his head and looked her.

His cheeks were tear stained and he had the exact same frightened look as his did on that sad day in 1993 when he said he wouldn't be able to see her for a while.

"Michael, I know you haven't talking to me, but it really helps when you talk about things," Sophie said staring into Michael pained eyes.

He silently handed her a letter and looked away, almost like he was ashamed to be handed it to her.

She read over the letter and looked up in shock, "Their accusing you of this. I can't believe it, I just. Their just," Sophie couldn't begin to think about what she could say about the Arvizos.

Michael helped Gavin through his cancer and now his dad was making him say these awful things about Michael.

She didn't what his fathe's motive was, all she knew was that he was a very nice man when Gavin used to stay here.

Michael looked back over and Sophie, he could just barely see her beauty because of the tears blocking his view.

He leaned in and gave her the most passionate kiss they had ever shared.

When he pulled away Sophie stared at him in shock, her eyes moving from side to side looking at him.

"Michael your innocent and were gonna prove it, no one is gonna to tell us how to live," Sophie said stroking Michael's face with her hand.

Michael looked down and grabbed another open envelope, "Maybe you should read this before you say something like that."

Michael handed her the letter, it was addresed to her, she read it aloud, "Mrs. Sophia Rose Elisbetta Nicoletta Amalia Elsa Nielson Stallone Jackson, Due to the allegations made against your husband, Michael Joseph Jackson, we fing it best if you leave him for the time of the trials. This allegations are shocking and we do not find it safe for your son, Prince Michael Joseph Jackson ll, or Michael's other two children, Prince Michael Joseph Jackson l or Paris Michael Katherine Jackson, from a previous marriage with Deborah Rowe, to stay in Michael's household. We are giving you full custody of the three kids until the trial is over. Please keep in mind that you do not have to leave, but we would like you to use your better judgement. If you decide to leave until after the trial is over please contact use and we will fill out the custody papers. However, if you decide to stay with Michael Joseph Jackson, please do not respond to this letter. We thank you for your time and with you and Mr. Jackson all the luck on the trial."

Sophie had a few tears down her cheecks, her anger got the best of her too, she stood up and started yelling in Italian, "Non posso credere! Cercando di prendere i vostri bambini lontano da voi! Indovinate un po '? Non me ne vado LORO può baciare il mio culo! PEOPLE ritardato! Li odio LORO! Loro andare a rovinare i nostri vite solo perché si è tentato di aiutare il loro figlio! STUPID IDIOTI!"

Michael stood up and brought Sophie into and embrace, he pulled back, "Everything's going to be fine, just please spaek in English."

Sophie smiled a small grin Michael held her tight again.

Sophie loved the way Michael's body felt agains hers and she had missed that the past couple of weeks.

Dinner was quiet, Prince didn't even glance in Sophie's direction, and nobody spoke.

After supper Michael put Paris and Prince in their rooms.

"Sophie yelled at me today," Prince said right as Michael was about to turn out the lights.

"Really?" Michael asked turning around and walking towards Prince's bed.

Prince nodded and Michael asked another question, "What made her yell at you?"

"I wanted to see what would happen if I kicked down a block tower Blanket was building," he said innocently.

"Now Prince that wasn't very nice? You wouldn't Blanket to come knock down something you were working on, would you?" Michael said standing up.

"No, I guess not," Prince said, Michael leaned down and kissed him on the forehead.

"Goodnight, Love you," Michael said as he turned out the lights and closed the door.

He walked slowly to his room and shut and locked the first set of double doors and did the same to the secound set.

Sophie walked out of the bathroom after taking a shower, Michael stared up and down her body.

She reached down in a drawer to get some unerwear when Michael stopped her and spun her around to face him.

He crashed his lips on to hers, as they were kissing Sophie and Michael made their way to the bed.

Sophie leaned over so that she was laying her back and head on the edge of the bed.

Michael still had his cothes he had worn all day on and Sophie started to unbutton his shirt.

She pulled back over his arms and stopped kissing him, she ran her hands up and down his stomach and chest.

Michael started kissing her and slid off his pants, when he was finally stripped down he ran his hands along Sophie's body.

They got on the bed and sat up kissing each other.

Sophie pulled away, "I missed you, Michael."

They started kissing again and Michael pulled away, he fell back and Sophie fell on top of him.

"I missed you too," Michael said panting, out of breath.

"Don't ever stop talking to me for any reason ever again. I missed your voice to much, I thought I was dying," Sophie said planting her lips on Michael's again.

The next morning Sophie woke up tangled against Michael, she got out of bed and slipped a night gown on.

She went over and sat on the window seat and looked out the window at the african animals below.

This place was magical, Sophie practically grew up here and she wasn't about to leave it behind.

She haerd Michael stir, but just countinued staring out the window.

Michael came and sat beside her, he ran his fingers through her hair and gave her a small peck on the lips.

"Morning," he said drowsily.

Sophie giggled when slurred the word morning, "You sound drunk."

"I'm love drunk," Michael said with a smirk.

"Ha Ha very funny. Maybe you should put on some underwear in case on of the kids comes up here," Sophie offered.

Michael picked her up and threw her on the bed, he laid beside her, "The doors are locked! And besides I was thinking we could stay up here all day in our own little world."

Michael kissed neck and trailed them all the way down to where the night gown started, Sophie smiled and grabbed Michael's head, she put his face level with hers, "No, we have to go downstairs, I'm hungry. What time is it?

Michael leaned over Sophie to look at the alarm clock on the other side of the bed, "It's 6:45, fifteen minutes and we'll go downstairs."

"No, Michael, I'm really hungry, listen to my stomach," Sophie said.

Michael put his head on Sophie's stomach, it growled, he giggled, then slipped his hands up Sophie's night gown and felt her body.

Sophie giggled, "Michael stop, seriously."

Sophie sat up and Michael started tickling her, Sophie rolled with laughter and grabbed Michael's hands.

His hands were soft and she intertwined her fingers with his, Michael made the funny face that he made in his short film Ghosts.

Sophie laughed and Michael kissed her smile, "Sophie, will you pleeeeeeeeeaase give me a shoulder massage?"

Michael pouted his lip like a little kid that wanted ice cream or a new toy.

Sophie giggled, "Okay, little kid, lay down."

Michael laid down on his back and Sophie got on top him and sait on his waist.

She started giving him a shoulder rub and Michael smiled mischevisously.

"What are you thinking, Michael?" Sophie asked still rubbing his shoulders.

Michael grabbed wrists and flipped her over and laid on top of her.

Michael grabbed the bottom on her night gown and slipped it over her head.

"Michael, I thought I told you I was hungry," Sophie said smiling.

"I'm sorry, I forgot, I was too hypnotized by that lovely, wonderful smile of yours," Michael said kissing Sophie's smile again.

The phone rang and Michael rolled over to answer it.

"Hello," Michael said placing the phone to his ear.

"Michael, your manager is here, he wants to speak to you," Grace, the nanny, said over the phone.

"Thanks, Grace, I'll be right down," Michael said.

"Alright, Michael," Grace said about to hang up.

"Oh, and Grace, could you please tell the cook to start me and Sophie's breakfast? And we'd like to sit out in the garden, please," Michael into the phone than hung up.

He got out of bed and and put some ckean clothes on, "Meet me in the garden in 45 minutes, love you."

Michael kissed her than headed out the door.

Sophie got up and went to go take a shower, the hot water felt good on her body.

About 40 minutes later Sophie was dressed and had make up on.

Sophie had on shorts and and purple fitted v-neck t-shirt, her hair was losely curled, and when she got downstairs she slipped some purple flip flops on and headed to the garden.

Michael was seated at the whit table in the garden reading some papers she guessed his manager brought him, he had on his reading glasses.

When he saw he appoarching he stood and gave her a hug, "You look beautiful."

She sat down and the cook brought them breakfast.

Sophie looked into Michael's dark brown eyes, "So, what were you and your manager talking about?"

"The letter," Michael said quietly looking down and beginning to eat.

"Michael," Sophie grabbed Michael's across the table, "We know its not true and nothing going to happen that's gonna make me or the kids leave. Were staying right here."

Michael smiled, "I know."

They started eating silence now that they been thrust back into the real world.

Sophie realized that last night they escaped the real world for a little while, but now they were back.

They were back into the scary real world and Sophie suddenly felt cold inside.