- Text Size +

January 2007(Sophie is 25, Michael is 48)

Stress.

That word had made Sophie turn to the unthinkable in the last eleven months.

Uh, the last eleven months, she thought as she sat down on the bed.

In last eleven months they had moved into a new home in Los Angeles and lost two babies in yet two more miscarriages.

She got up and walked into the bathroom, she opened the medicine cabinet and took out Michael's insonima pills.

Thank God, he's at the studio, she thought as she poured five or six into the palm of her hand and poured herself a glass of water from the sink.

She had been sneaking Michael's medication for six months, even though she had tried to stop several times, she still went back to the medicine cabinet.

She walked into the bedroom, sat on the bed, and stared at the pills in her hand.

She debated her actions for a few moments than slowly began to lift her hand to her mouth.

The door swung open, "Hey, Sophie. SOPHIE!" Michael realized what she was doing and ran to her.

Sophie popped the pills in her mouth and swallowed some water to help them down.

Michael shook her shoulders, "I KNEW IT! SOPHIE STOP, YOUR GONNA KILL YOURSELF!"

Sophie stood up quickly, dizziness took her over and she collasped back on the bed and into darkness.

The next day Sophie woke up to Michael pacing the room, whispering to himself.

She rose up slowly and Michael stopped in his tracks, not looking at her, not wanting to look at her.

Finally, Michael broke the silence, "Sophie, why?"

He turned towards Sophie, but kept looking down.

She got off the bed and walked towards him, not saying a word.

She put her hand on Michael's shoulder, and he shook it off and walked to the other side of the room.

"Don't start being like that," Sophie said walking towards the bed and sitting down.

"How long has this been going on?" Michael asked quietly sitting beside her.

"About six months," she said looking down.

"Six months. Well, you can stop now," Michael took a deep breath as he looked at Sophie's confused face.

Her face began infurated, "I'M ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE I HAVE TOO!"

"YOU HAVE TO?" Michael shouted back stepping towards her.

Sophie stood up and started beating her fists against Michael's chest, "I CAN'T GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT! YOU WANT KIDS! AND I, I CAN'T GIVE THEM TO YOU!"

Sophie had tears streaming down her cheeks, Michael pulled her close to him, "You think I won't want you anymore because of that. Sophie, I know you can't help that. But, you didn't have to turn to this. I know I was addicted too, its hard, but its not worth it."

Michael's soothing words helped Sophie realize that she had been wrong all along, she looked up at Michael.

He brought his lips to hers and kissed her tenderly, "I love you, Sophie and I wouldn't have our life together any other way."

She layed Michael down and kissed him until their new chef Kai called them for dinner.

She sat down at the table with the kids and when the food came they prayed and began eating in silence.

May 2008(Sophie is 27, Michael is 49)

The phone rang and Michael sat up in bed and swung his legs over the side.

He looked at the clock, 8:02, then answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi, May I speak to a Mr. Michael Jackson, please."

"This is him."

Sophie woke up at the sound of Michael's voice.

The man on the other line spoke, "Mr. Jackson, this Chris Johnson, the president of the o2 arena in London."

"Yes," Michael said looking at Sophie and grinning.

Sophie sat up and began rubbing Michael's back.

"I was looking through the list of musicians who signed up to use the arena as a venue and I couldn't help noticing your name was at the top of the list," his british voice told Michael the news that he had been waiting a long time to hear.

"Yeah, actually, I've been talking to my manager about a comeback thing, we haven't quite worked anyhting out, but I'll have him call you once I get some details worked out."

"Okay, I'll be awaiting his call. Thank You Michael."

"No problem. Thank you," Michael then hung up the phone and got up and started to get dressed.

"Michael, a comeback? What are you talking about?" Sophie said standing up.

"I'll tell you downstairs," Michael said opening the door and walking out.

Sophie followed him downstairs and sat at the kitchen table with him.

Kai brought them their breakfast.

"Thank you," Sophie said as she looked at Michael, who was eating rather quickly.

"Where are you in such a hurry to go? Who was that on the phone?" Sophie asked confused.

"I have to go to Frank's office, and their was a guy on the phone from London," Michael said finishig his brakfast and gulping down his orange juice.

"Sophie, I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do that come back I've been wanting to do. I gonna do some final shows in London," Michael said kissing Sophie and heading to the garage.

"But, Michael," Sophie followed him to the garage, "Don't you think, I mean your almost 50."

Michael looked at Sophie, then approached her,"That doesn't mean a thing. Preforming is my life, I been waiting to interact with fans in concert since the HIStory tour was over. That's a long time."

"I know, but I just thought you were done, I mean you have three kids, your settled," Sophie said looking into his eyes.

"Listen. Sophie, you know I have to do this. Once I figure all the arrangments out, we'll celebrate. I'll take out to dinner, rent a suite somewhere, okay?" Michael said kissing her softly.

"Okay, good luck," Sophie said as Michael got in the car and drove out of the garage.

Sophie turned around and took a deep breath.

Somewhere deep inside she had an eerie feeling about this.