- Text Size +

August 2008(Sophie is 27, Michael is 50)

"Happy Birthday," Sophie said leaning over and kissing the tip of Michael's nose, "Your 50! Over the hill.''

Sophie let out a small laugh as Michael groaned and rolled over pulling the covers over his head.

"Don't remind me," he murmured from under the covers.

Sophie pulled the covers off him and started tickling his sides, they both were rolling with laughter.

Michael laughed, "Sophie! Stop! I'm up, I'm up."

He climbed of bed and opened the door, "Well, aren't you coming?"

Sophie laughed and got up walking over to him, she stood on her tip toes and kissed him, "But, seriously, Happy Birthday."

"Sure, sure," Michael said intertwining his fingers with hers and leading her down the stairs.

They walked into the kitchen and a surprised look crept onto his face when he saw all the birthday decorations lighting up the room, "Sophie, when did you do all this?"

"This morning, sit down in the dining room," Sophie said getting some glasses out of the cabinet.

Michael walked into the dining room, more decorations made the room look festive, he sat down at his normal spot.

A few moments later the kids ran into the room and each took turns hugging and kissing their dad.

They all sat and awaited Sophie to come in the room to kick off breakfast, pretty soon she brought in a huge breakfast with all off Michael's favorite breakfast foods.

"Sophie, that was absolutely delicious. Thank you," Michael said helping Sophie bring the dishes to the kitchen.

"Your welcome and you don't have to help me, its your birthday, but I need to talk to you so have a seat," Sophie said rinsing of the dishes and loading them into the dishwasher.

Michael took a seat at one of the bar chairs at the island in the middle of the kitchen, "What do you need to talk about?"

"The comeback thingy you've been arranging, Michael," Sophie said leaning on the island looking into Michael's eyes intently.

"Yeah, what about it?" Michael asked confused, he really didn't know why Sophie was so worried about it.

"What all does it entail? What do you have to do?" Sophie asked wetting a rag and wiping off the countertop.

"Well, in December I have to find all the crew and a personal doctor for the tour. In March we'll have to go to London to announce it, then we'll have to hold auditions for the dancers. I'll have rehearsals for a couple of months, then at the first the July we'll move to London and start the shows," Michael finished.

Sophie spattered on the orange juice she was drinking, "Move to London!"

"Yeah, we'll have to rent a house in the countryside or something," Michael said.

"Michael, have you forgotten that you have a family, you can't just pick us up and move us leaving behind everything," Sophie said.

Michael sat for a seconds thinking about what Sophie, it was half way right, "But Sophie it'll only be a couple months and the kids will love England."

Sophie went over and sat by Michael on the chair next to him, she rubbed his back lightly, "Michael, I know you mean well and you really want to do this, but can you just stop and really think about it? Think about what's right for your kids."

"Sophie, I've thought about it. The kids won't mind taking a vacation from California for a couple months. I don't know why you're so worried about this. Is there something I'm missing? Something you're not telling me?" Michael was standing up now looking a bit furious.

"You want to know the truth, Michael?" Sophie asked, Michael nodded his head slowly.

"I'm scared; I just have this awful eerie feeling about this. All I want is for you to be safe, I just want you to be healthy and safe," Sophie said almost in tears.

Michael walked over to Sophie and hugged her, "I will be, everything will be perfect. You have nothing to worry about."

Michael kissed the top of Sophie's head and rested his chin on her head; she wrapped her arms around his waist, burying her head in his neck.

"Let's go make your birthday special. I think the kids have your presents in the living room," Sophie whispered kissing Michael's neck.

December 2008(Sophie is 27, Michael is 50)

"Hi, I'm Dr. Conrad Murray," the tall black man standing in front of Sophie and Michael said.

He was like the twentieth doctor they had interviewed this week and Sophie was getting sick of hearing what advances in their medical careers each one had made, but she was also set on finding someone who will take care of Michael.

"I'll need to see your resume and see some of the other papers about your career," Michael said sounding more business like than usual.

Sophie and Michael sat there for an hour learning about this cardiologist, Sophie couldn't help but notice the way he would glance at her and grin.

Before she knew it, Michael was greeting him goodbye, "I'll let you know either today or tomorrow."

Once he left, Sophie stepped in front of Michael, "I hope you're not hiring him, he gave the shivers."

"Sophie, stop being silly. He was the only doctor I've like so far and he has a promising resume," Michael said stepping past her.

"Michael, I don't like him, he creeps me out," Sophie said following him to his office.

Michael turned in the door way, "Sophie, this isn't about you, he's not going to be your doctor. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some work to get done," Michael shut his office door slowly in her face.

Sophie turned around sulking; she walked into the living room and picked up Dr. Murray's resume, his picture made her shiver.

Why wouldn't Michael ever listen to her? She knew she was right about his guy, he really creeped her out. It was like he was an evil mastermind with a frightening plan.

She sat down his resume on the coffee table and tried to shake the feeling off, she headed in the kitchen.

She leaned her back against the counter and tried to reason with herself that she was being ridiculous, it didn't work.

March 2009(Sophie is 27, Michael is 50)

Michael and Sophie walked of the bus type vehicle into the sunlight; Michael took Sophie's hand in his.

They walked to a golf cart and were driven behind a small stage where Michael would announce This Is It before the huge crowd that was forming in front of the O2 Arena.

The announcer introduced Michael; he kissed Sophie and walked through a curtain to the sage set up in front of all the fans.

The crowd went crazy as Michael opened his mouth to speak, "These shows will be the last shows in London, this is the final curtain call. This Is It."

The crowd started chanting, "This Is It, This Is It!"

Michael chanted with the crowd for a few moments before stepping back up to the mike, "This Is It and see you in July!"

Michael turned around and walked through the red curtain and into Sophie's arms.

"Michael I'm so excited for you," Sophie said truly happy.

A smile spread across Michael's face, "You know, it felt good up there, on stage, in front of my fans. It feels like I finally got home after a long journey."