- Text Size +

May 2009(Sophie is 28, Michael is 50)

Sophie got up and looked over at Michael, who was still sleeping soundly after a long night of rehearsing.

She walked out of the bedroom and the down the stairs to the kitchen.

When she got in the kitchen she yawned loudly making the chef, Kai, jump, "Mrs. Jackson, you scared me."

"Kai, morning, and how many times do I have to tell you to call me Sophie?" Sophie asked annoyed.

"Sorry, boss's orders," Kai said pouring Sophie a cup of coffee.

"Yeah, well they may be Michael's rules, but they're not mine. How about this? Whenever Michael's around you can be all formal, but when it's just us, please call me Sophie! Thanks for the coffee by the way," Sophie said, gladly taking the cup of coffee out of Kai's hands.

"You got it, Sophie. And you're welcome," Kai said as Sophie slowly walked into the living room.

Sophie sat down on the couch and sipped her coffee; she stared out the window at the pool and the trees surrounding their mansion.

She felt someone sit down beside her, pulling her out of her thoughts.

"Is Mr. Jackson still asleep?" The man said in her ear.

Sophie turned to see Dr. Murray sitting close to her, a little too close.

"Yeah," she said scooting over some; he adjusted himself so he was just as close to her as before.

It had been almost three months since he moved in and Sophie had taken notice to the way he looked at her, but every time she would try to tell Michael, he wouldn't listen.

"Sophie," him not calling her Mrs. Jackson caught her off guard, "I have feelings for you, and we don't have to tell Michael."

She couldn't believe he just said that, couldn't believe this was happening, "Um, Dr. Murray, the feeling is not mutual. I'm married and I love Michael very much and there's no way I would go to anyone but him. Michael is the only man for me."

Dr. Murray stretched his arm so that it was resting right behind Sophie's head, "Sophie. I see the way you look at me. It wouldn't be any different from being with Michael, except that I'm five and half years older than him."

"I'm sorry, I don't look at you like that, and I have absolutely no feelings for you. And it would be different than being with Michael because Michael's not a cold hearted snake like you," Sophie stood up furious and walked to the stairs, she turned to look at him one last time before heading upstairs.

"I think I love you, Sophie," Dr. Murray said standing up.

"Well, keep your feelings to yourself because I certainly do not feel that way about you. And another thing, its Mrs. Jackson to you," Sophie turned around and stomped up the steps and into to her and Michael's room.

She shut the door and started pacing the floor, whispering to herself, "I can't believe he said that, he has some nerve to come in our house….."

She trailed off when she saw Michael stir; she sat on the edge of the bed and stared at him.

Why is he so perfect? I couldn't ask for a better man who loves and cares for me. If that doctor thinks he's going to mess it up he can kiss my butt! Sophie thought to herself as Michael started to sit up.

"Morning, sweetheart. Did you just get up?" Michael said climbing over and wrapping his arms around her, kissing her neck repeatedly.

"No, I've been up," Sophie said quietly.

Michael stopped kissing her and looked up, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Sophie said looking out the window.

"Sophie, I can tell that something's wrong," Michael said kissing her shoulder.

Sophie took a deep breath and exhaled, tears burning behind her eyes, she turned to face Michael, "You know that I would never do anything to hurt you, don't you? I'm just so mad; I don't know what to do. That jerk!"

Michael wiped a tear from Sophie's face that had spilled over with his thumb, "What jerk?"

"I went downstairs, got coffee, and sat down on the couch. Dr. Murray sat down close beside me and told me that he had feelings for me and told me that you didn't have to know if I had feelings for him too. I told him that I don't have feelings for him and never will, I told him that he could back off because you're the only one I'll ever love," Sophie collapsed in Michael's arms, sobbing into his chest.

"Shhh, Sophie, it's alright. I'll talk to him, okay," Michael said lightly rubbing Sophie's back.

She looked up and ran her fingers down Michael's cheek, "I love you so much and I don't want him to convince you that I don't, he'll lie to you Michael."

"I won't believe him because you didn't like him from the very beginning," Michael said kissing Sophie's forehead.

Sophie wrapped her arms around Michael's neck, "I think you should get rid of him Michael. I don't have a very good vibe from him, I feel like he has this plot, but I don't know what he's plotting."

Michael exhaled, "Sophie, I don't know what you're talking about. He's very nice to me. I will say that saying he loved you was a little overboard, but that's beyond the point."

"I'm just warning you and I wish you would listen to me," Sophie said kissing him lightly on the lips.

He liked the feel off Sophie's tender kiss and began kissing her harder, he fell back and she fell on top of him.

They continued their kissing until the phone rang; Michael reached over and answered it, "Hello?"

"Hey, Mike its Kenny. I need you to come down to the Staples Center for an emergency rehearsal at about two," Kenny said on the other line.

Sophie continued kissing Michael's neck and chest as Michael answered, "No problem, Kenny. I'll be there."

Michael hung up and kissed Sophie, then got up.

"What?" Sophie asked still sitting on the bed.

"We have to go to a rehearsal today," Michael said walking into the bathroom.

Sophie followed him, "It's not on the schedule."

"I know, but Kenny just called and said that were having an emergency rehearsal," Michael stepping in the shower.

"Oh, well, what do you want for breakfast? I was going to go tell Kai," Sophie said leaning against the door frame.

"Uh, just whatever you have," Michael said slapping shampoo in his hair.

"Alright, I'll be up to get you. Michael, what time is the rehearsal?" Sophie asked.

"Uh, two," Michael said.

"Why are you getting ready so early?" Sophie asked.

Michael put conditioner in his hair, "No, reason, but after breakfast you'll need to get ready."

"Okay, I'll be up to get you when breakfast is ready. I love you," Sophie said turning on her heals.

"Okay, I love you too," Michael said washing his face.

Sophie walked out of the bedroom and shut the door, she descended down the steps.

After breakfast Sophie got dressed and Michael surprised her with taking her out to lunch, when they were done they headed to a long day at rehearsals.

June 24, 2009(Sophie is 28, Michael is 50)

After rehearsals Michael and Sophie walked to their car and got in.

The drive home was silent, but when they got home and in bed they started to talk.

"Michael, I'm so proud of you," Sophie said snuggling up against him.

Michael lay on his back, one hand resting on his stomach, the other around Sophie, "Why?"

"Because, you wanted something and you're really going after it. And, we'll be leaving for London in a few days," Sophie said drawing small circles on his chest.

"I've wanted to do a comeback for a long time, I'm so excited," Michael said quietly.

Sophie exhaled, "I know you are, but what are we going to do after the shows?"

"Well, actually I was thinking, if I'm ready, to maybe move back to Neverland," Michael said rubbing Sophie's back.

"Michael. You said you never wanted to go back," Sophie said sitting up slightly.

"I know what I said. I also just said if I'm ready. But you know one thing I really want to do?" Michael asked looking into Sophie's eyes,

"What?" She asked laying back down.

"I would really like to try and have another baby," Michael said staring at the ceiling.

Sophie sighed, "I would to."

Michael shifted, "Now we better get some sleep, its two thirty in the morning and we have rehearsal tomorrow."

"Alright, good night, I love you," Sophie said snuggling closer to Michael.

"I love too, Sophie," Michael said playing with her hair, making her fall asleep faster.

Right before she closed her eyes she saw Dr. Murray walking into the bedroom with what looked like an IV bag.

June 25, 2009(Sophie is 28, Michael is 50) (Sophie's POV)

12:05.

That's what the clock read as I opened my eyes, I faced the window, but I still felt Michael's body against my back.

I heard whispering behind me; I thought maybe it was Michael on the phone with Kenny or someone.

I turned slowly, Dr. Murray and his assistant who I haven't seen much were standing up against the wall, whispering.

I looked them, then looked at Michael, he wasn't breathing. Right then my world stopped, this couldn't be happening.

I got up and walked over to Dr. Murray, "Why are you in here? What's wrong with Michael?"

"He's fine, we have everything under control," he said touching my shoulder.

His touch sent shivers up my spine, I pulled away from him, "If everything's under control why are just standing here, while he's not breathing?"

Tears were threatening to spill over, I walked over to Michael and proceeded to administer CPR, which me and him had learned in a class we took before Blanket was born.

I was crying, hard, Michael wasn't responding and I feared the worst, "Michael, please! Wake Up! Michael!"

I stopped trying and got up and walked to this so called doctor, "You killed him," I whispered, "You killed him and you're satisfied with it."

His assistant watched in shock as I started to beat my fist into his chest, "YOU KILLED HIM! MUDERER! I DIDN'T LIKE FROM THE BEGINNING! I HATE YOU!YOUR NOT A DOCTOR! I, Michael trusted you…."

I trailed off sinking to the ground, my being just died; I crawled to my cell phone which was charging in the floor.

I dialed 911 and soon they answered, "911, what's your emergency?"

"My husband is not breathing! I need you to come and help me, please," I cried into the phone.

Dr. Murray came over and held me down while his assistant took the phone from me, Dr. Murray's hot breath was suddenly in my face, "I told you, we had it under control!"

He proceeded to slap me across the face making the tears come faster.

"I HATE YOU!" I yelled uncontrollably sobbing while his assistant calmly talked into the phone.

I got up in the bed and hugged Michael close to me, "Michael, please, I love you so much, just please wake up."

It seemed like an eternity before the ambulance got here, the paramedics pulled Michael on to a stretcher, I held Michael's hand as they carried him down the steps.

We were outside, and something grabbed me from behind causing me to let go of Michael's hand, it was Wayne, Michael's head security.

"Michael! Wayne, let me go," I said struggling against his strong arms.

"It's not a good idea, Sophie. You need to ride with the kids, they need you," he whispered in my ear as I watched them load Michael in the ambulance.

I let Wayne drag me to the SUV, where the kids awaited.

There were tear stains on Prince and Paris's cheeks, but now they were silently sitting in the very back.

I climbed in the middle set of seats, trying to look brave for Blanket, who was crying loudly.

I held Blanket up against me as he soaked my shirt, "Where's daddy! I want my daddy!"

Blanket's screaming was piercing my ears and causing my tears to sting in my eyes.

"Sweetheart, daddy's going to be okay. Shh," I said trying to reassure Blanket and myself.

We followed the ambulance to UCLA medical center and got out of the truck as they unloaded Michael from the back of the ambulance.

I ran to him, he appeared to be breathing slowly on his own, still unresponsive; I took his hand as the paramedics ran him to the emergency room.

They hooked him up to IVs and some other monitors that were beeping steadily; soon I was alone with him.

"Michael you have you be okay, please," I whispered as I kissed Michael's neck.

I looked up, his eyes slowly opened, they looked petrified and dark, not the eyes I know.

His hand slowly moved to wipe the tears off my cheeks; he put his hand slowly back down again.

"Sophie, I love you and tell the kids I love them," his voice was raspy.

I shook my head furiously, "No, Michael, you can't leave me, please, just stay."

"I can't. Sophie, this isn't an accident," he said kissing me, breathing his final breath.

I bowed my head slowly into the sheets, I cried loudly against the long steady beep filling the room.

I still held his lifeless hand in mine, "Michael! Please, please, come back!"

The nurses and doctors walked in the room, the head doctor kneeled down beside me, "I'm so sorry, there's nothing more we can do. Your family is outside; I think they need to know."

I got up slowly, releasing Michael's hand, causing it to dangle off the side of the bed, I walked out of the room and into the hallway.

Dr. Murray's emotionless face stared back at me; the kids were sitting in the floor their backs against the wall.

Jackie, Marlon, Tito, and Jermaine were standing, each one staring at a different spot.

Rebbie held Mother's hand; they were sitting on a bench.

Janet was standing patting Mother on the back, I ran into her arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

We sunk down to the floor, Janet was quietly crying and whispering to me, everyone just stared at us.

"He's gone; I want him back, JANET!" I cried into her hair, the brothers coming and patting me on the back.

The doctor stepped out into the hallway, "If you guys would like to come in and say your final goodbyes, before we take him to the coroner, you can now."

The family slowly filled into the room, me still holding on to Janet.

Mother ran over to Michael, "My baby! Oh, child!"

This made me cry harder, I walked over to Mother and we cried louder together.

They came and got Michael a few minutes later, we stepped out into the hallway and all walked to the back entrance.

Once we were outside it hit me, he was gone, I was never going to touch or feel him again, his kids didn't have a father anymore, I was widowed at 28.

I stared to scream and cry, "Michael!"

I took a run for it, approaching the front door closer and closer, Tito grabbed one of my arms and Jackie grabbed the other.

"Let go! I have to go get Michael!" I screamed in denial.

Jackie pulled me into to his arms, "Sophie, Michael's gone."

I sobbed into his chest as we slowly walked to the SUV, the sun was shining bright, and thousands of people were gathered around playing his music, crying, and dancing.

We got in the car, the world seemed to go black, and I faded into unconsciousness as Jermaine was making his statement in the distance.

"On June 25, 2009, at 2:26 pm, my brother, Michael Joseph Jackson, was pronounced dead."