- Text Size +

June 27, 2009(Sophie is 28)(Sophie's POV)

I woke up two days later on an unfamiliar bed in an unfamiliar room; I sat up and looked around.

The walls had posters of Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Brook Shields, and such on the walls.

This room looked like it hadn't been redecorated since the 1980s, the cover was familiar, it was like the one me and Michael had at Neverland.

"Michael," I whispered, his face swimming up to the front of my mind.

No one answered, I was alone.

I got out of bed, still in my street clothes; I walked around the room taking in the little figurines.

I went over to the window and looked out, below was the fountain, Michael's wishing well.

I knew where I was, I was in Michael's wing of Havenhurst, and obviously Mother had not changed it a bit.

My purse was lying on the bed; I picked it up and headed to the main part of the house.

"Mother," I said seeing her sitting in a recliner, her eyes red from crying.

I sat down on the couch next to the recliner, "Its real isn't it?"

The truth had smacked me in the face and I didn't want to believe it, I couldn't be brave for Mother.

Mother didn't even have to say anything, she just nods her head and the tears flow out of my eyes.

"Child!" I hear Mother calling after me as I run outside, hopefully away from everything.

I sit outside for while, until someone approaches me.

"Paris and I are going to see him if you want to come," La Toya says.

I wipe my eyes and turn around to face her, "I don't know, I want to see him, but I don't know if I can look at him like that."

La Toya sat down beside me, "I think it's the closure we need."

"Closure! It's been two days!" I yelled, walking away.

I ran to my SUV, digging in my purse for the keys, I jammed them into the ignition and took off; I knew exactly where I was going.

I pulled my keys out of the ignition and found the key I was looking for; I slowly got out of the car.

In the back of my mind I couldn't believe I was doing this, but I felt like I had to.

I unlocked the front door and entered my true home, Neverland.

I walked to the living room, imagining the grand piano with hundreds of Michael's family and friends photos.

I could hear the music filling the house, I walked to dance studio, turning on the stereo that was left there.

Michael's voice filled the room, I took off my shoes and started dancing, imagining Michael right beside me.

My studies at Julliard flooded into my mind and tears flooded my eyes.

I shrank down against the wall length mirror, letting my tears soak my knees.

"Michael, I need you," I cried into my lap, "Oh, God, I need you."

I heard his comforting voice invade my mind, "Sophie, It's alright, I need you to."

I cried harder knowing I would never feel his touch, his lips on mine, his body moving with mine.

It was over forever, I would be unmarried forever.

I could never marry again knowing I would be replacing them with Michael every time they touched me.

I left Neverland, never to go back again.

September 3, 2009(Sophie is 28)(Sophie's POV)

Funerals marked the official end of life; I could never sneak down to the coroner to see his body again.

The service was beautiful; the last preacher to speak opened the casket to reveal the upper part of Michael's body.

Michael's close family sat on the front row; I sat there in between Blanket and Janet.

Everyone from the back rows walked up and greeted us and said their final goodbyes to Michael.

It was time for me to go tell Michael goodbye one last time.

Everyone stood around watching as Jackie took my hand and Tito took the other, we approached the casket.

Michael's face was angelic and at peace, I knew he was in a better place, but this would be the last time I would see him.

Tears stung my eyes and finally spilled over; I leaned down pressing my lips to Michael's then pulling away, "Michael! Please come back!"

Tito and Jackie held me close, tears rolling down their cheeks from under their sunglasses.

They dragged me away from the casket after a few minutes, I watched them close it and the brothers carry it to the gravesite.

Michael was forever at peace and forever out of my life.

September 4, 2009(Sophie is 28)

Sophie sat on the porch of Havenhurst, watching the sunset.

She was wrapped up in Michael's favorite quilt drinking hot chocolate.

Blanket walked outside and climbed in Sophie's lap, "Mommy?"

"What, sweetheart," Sophie said as Blanket kissed her cheek.

Blanket wrapped his small arms around Sophie's neck, "I know daddy loved us very much, mommy."

"He did," Sophie said with tears threatening to spill over, but she stayed strong for Blanket.

Mother walked out onto the porch, "Child, you need to get to bed," she said to Blanket.

"Okay, Grandma. Goodnight mommy," he said hopping off Sophie's lap.

"Night, baby," Sophie said as Blanket ran inside.

It was silent for a few moments, and then Sophie spoke, "I can see him in the stars."

Mother was staring up at the sky too, "I wish he wasn't gone, child."

"You don't know how much I wish that every day," Sophie said looking at the moon.

Mother sighed, "I know it hurts, but we have to think positive, I know I'll see my child soon, and you will too."

"I know, but not soon enough," Sophie said getting up.

Mother noticed that she was going inside, "Remember have faith for Michael, child."

"I try, but I'm so broken," Sophie said taking one last look at the stars before going to bed.

August 2010(Sophie is 29)

"Ten minute recess," the judge slammed his gavel down.

Sophie walked out into the hallway heading for the water fountain, her heels clicking against the floor.

A strong hand grabbed her arm and turned her around; there she was face to face with Conrad Murray.

"You don't know what you're doing," his hot breath was in Sophie's face reminding her of that fateful day last year.

"I know that I'm getting you in jail so you can't kill more men that did nothing to you! He trusted you, he thought you were a good doctor," Sophie said looking at the floor.

He sighed, "You didn't need him anyway, and he wasn't good enough for you."

"And you are? I loved him!" Sophie yelled in his face.

"I like it when you get angry," he said wrapping his arms around her.

"Get off me," Sophie struggled in his arms.

His lips crashed onto hers, she pushed him off, "How dare you, that is what this is all about, isn't it?"

"What?" He said stepping back.

"You wanted me, you wanted me to love you and you thought the only way to get that would be if you killed Michael, you're guilty. You're in there lying to everyone. You killed him for me," Sophie said stepping up to him.

He got that evil look on his face, "You finally figured it out Sophie, and I thought you'd never figure it out."

Sophie slapped him hard, "You're going to jail and I thought I told you, it's Mrs. Jackson to you."

She walked back into the courtroom and took her seat, she watched as everyone filed into the courtroom.

The court case was almost over and a member of the jury stood, "Based on the information and evidence presented by Ms. Sophie Stallone, we find the defendant Dr. Conrad Murray guilty of the murder of Michael Joseph Jackson on June 25, 2009."

She heard cheering outside and let out a sigh of relief, Michael got his justice, but she still didn't have her husband.