- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry f t's too short. :/

 

   As I dried my hair out with a towel, I opened my computer and searched "fish with black tail". Strangely, there was either really small black fish, or tails with black stripes or dots.But this fish was different. It had a long black tail and white fins. Maybe the species is unknown? A kid wearing a fake tail? I shrugged it off. I tried searching other stuff to keep me busy, but my mind kept nagging at it. I checked my watch and noticed it was time for dinner. But even at dinner, my stomach refused to be hungry and my mind kept nagging. It finally shut up nagging when I flopped into bed a few minutes later and fell asleep.

 

***

 

   I was woken up (read: attacked with pillows) by MJ, who was saying I had to get my butt outta bed and get ready to leave. I immediately attacked her back with my own pillow, before changing out of my pajamas and into some jean shorts and a Bad T-shirt, lazily brushing my brown hair into a ponytail and slipping into my sneakers. I quickly stuffed my crumpled pajamas into my luggage and hastily made my bed, dragging my bags and popping a fedora on my head as I went out the door, heading to the breakfast area of the hostel. 

   I sat on the bench, waiting for Mom to come and pick me up. I checked my phone to see the time. 1:27 P.M. I took a small sigh and was about to play few games on my phone when this guy sat next to me. He was wearing a lab coat, had a white-ish beard, but still had brown hair and had some glasses. His name tag was sporting his name, 'Damien Dawkins'. I didn't like the feeling of this guy. He seemed creepy to me. Before I could wonder anything else about this guy, mom announced her arrival. She ambushed me and said that she missed me and had a surprise for me. I easily guessed it was the new Michael CD, but didn't say anything as she smacked me with kisses. As we left, I could've sworn I saw Squawkin Dawkins (I'll just call him that, OK?) giving me a look.

Weird...
...Anyway...


So we soon had arrived home, and when I saw my dad having a nap, I was reminded of the fishing trip I had on my own. I ditched my bags in my room, grabbed my fishing rod, and after a bit of time, finally dragged the boat out to sea.
I didn't expect MJ and Blue to pop out of nowhere and help me (and troll me) with getting out the boat.
"Heellooo Alex!" MJ announced her arrival.
"What the--How did you guys even get here?!" MJ had that little troll face on. I gave her a look, but I couldn't help giggling a bit. "You stalked me home, did you."
"That and your mom and our parents let us come here." Blue added. I had to glomp them. They were my best friends in SMJ High ever since the class had to do a project on Moonwalker for homework. We all had to agree that was the best homework in the HIStory in schooling. 
"By the way," MJ yelled as I finally headed for the ocean in the boat, "FIND A MERMAID FOR US WILL YOU?"
"I'LL HAVE A SHOT AT IT!" 


   I had caught several fish when it started to rain. "Shoot..." I thought to myself. I started so turn back around, but the current was too strong. I panicked a little. The wind grew stronger and kept pulling the boat. I started to feel rain droplets on my skin. I looked around to see if there was any land near by. Sadly, the was none. "Okay," I tried to calm myself, "Just calm down. You're awesome. You can find a way out of this." I looked for anything to help me: A life boat, Life jackets, the fish, anything. Then I remembered the Walkie Talkie I had in my case. The another one with Blue and MJ back on shore. I ran over to the case and took out the Walkie Talkie and as I was about to contact my two friends, I heard something flop on to the deck.