- Text Size +

Christine's spirits were up when she and Michael left the hospital together with his arm wrapped about her shoulders and hers around his waist. He had to remind a couple more people that he was E Casanova and not Michael Jackson on their way out, but there wasn't much drama.

"I forgot to ask how you got here," Christine mumbled off-handedly, angling her face up to look at him. He was about ten inches taller than her small five-foot height. He grinned as though he was very pleased with himself.

"I got a cab." He said matter-of-factly. She smirked.

"Really?" He nodded and allowed her to lead him to her car. She cleared off the messy front seat of the car she was borrowing from her mother and he got in next to her while she started the car. And promptly slammed down the 'off' button on the radio when Beat It emerged very loudly from ever speaker. She could feel herself blushing to her roots and chewed her bottom lip.

"I was just…catching up," She grumbled and put the car in gear before, avoiding his eyes, pulling out of the hospital parking lot. She could feel his gaze on her and finally turned to look at him, blushing deeply again. He looked amused and, dare she recognize it, a little embarrassed himself. "Alright, alright." She said, throwing one hand into the air while the other held onto the wheel. "I was listening to your CD. Don't judge me." As her hand traveled back to the steering wheel, he snatched it from mid air and held it between them.

"Who am I to judge anything?" Michael asked with a small smile. She really did love his smile. Christine forced herself to look back at the road.

He couldn't believe that this girl was accepting him as simply as she was. And there wasn't anything fake about her, not that he could detect anyway. In his experience, women would have been more than happy to sleep with him and she'd reacted strangely, so strangely. He was still slightly shaken by it, still shaken by his own reaction, shaken that neither of them felt awkward. But he felt something, he knew he did. He hadn't known this girl—woman—long, but he certainly did feel something. He wondered, achingly curious to know, if she felt something as well. There was no telling on her face. No, her features were perfectly schooled into an expressionless mask. God, what he'd give to know what she was thinking.

Finally, she turned to look at him. The car was stopped, not even running anymore. How long had they been sitting there? Less than a minute? More than five? He felt her thumb tracing small circles on his hand and looked up into those deep blue eyes. Goodness, her eyes. He could fall into them. And her mouth. He wanted to kiss her mouth. He'd never been so tempted to kiss someone in his entire life and God, did he want nothing more than to kiss her. If he didn't know better, he'd be sure she had cast a spell on him. Her spell. It terrified him.

"Michael, I don't want things between us to be awkward because of one silly mistake." She said with that gorgeous, tantalizing mouth.

"Neither do I, Christine." He said and looked back up to her eyes. "Listen. I know that you're my doctor, I know you're my employee, but after last night I can't help but want more." Christine stared at him for a long moment before opening her mouth and…saying nothing. Once again, he'd managed to render her speechless. He let go of her hand. "And it is killing me right now to not know what you're thinking or what you're feeling." She still didn't know what to say. Christine had never been good at expressing her emotions. She was rather a hermit in that sense. "Please say something."

"I share your feelings," She said slowly. Her eyes were fixed on her hands, wound tightly in her lap, her knuckles white. Michael let out a slow breath he didn't noticed he'd been holding and opened his car door. That would be enough for him. For now. Christine opened her own door and stepped out on wobbly legs, to meet him in front of the car where he caught her by surprise and took her tight against him, tilted his head down to hers and kissed her like she'd never been kissed before.