- Text Size +
Hello!

If you've seen this story pop up on the most recents page you might think "Where on earth has she been?" and some of you who are newer users may be wondering "Who on earth is that?" I've been absent from this site for over a year. A lot has changed in the year I've been M.I.A both for me personally and on this site. Many of you know that I'm a writer on wattpad and in the recent months a lot of new readers(and some old) have been discovering(or rediscovering) my stories and the same questions keep popping up : "When are you going to update?" or "Will you be finishing your stories?" so I decided to come here to give a definite answer.

About a year ago I posted a message on my wattpad page that I was retiring from writing MJFanfiction. I stated that I may be continuing some of my stories. Around this same time I got locked out of my account here (due to switching computers). Of course a whole year has passed since then and I've finally made up my mind.

So the question remains: Will I finish my stories?

The answer is no.

Why you ask?

When I first started writing on this site approximately five years ago, I was starry-eyed and young, just barely in high school and still in the frenzy filled honeymoon stage that all fangirls go through. I stumbled upon this site by accident and I was completely excited to combine my love for Michael and writing. I was bursting with new ideas, often developing new stories every few months and discovering new stories with original, exciting and meaningful plots. In the first few years I devoted about 90% of my free time to writing stories about Michael. But some years later, things changed. Life threw me a curveball and my honeymoon stage abruptly ended. I slowly began to lose interest in Michael related things and the quality of stories on this site greatly declined. As a result of my lack of interest, I was struggling to find inspiration. I was receiving a huge decline in feedback and I was becoming increasingly disappointed and even disturbed with some of the themes included in the stories. I started stories like "Something Borrowed" and "Something Great" to try and get out of my writing rut and maybe bring about a bit of change to the typical story themes I was seeing but alas, I failed. After "Something Great" ended I couldn't even muster up the enthusiasm to write about Michael anymore. The end had come.

At first it took me a while to come to terms with this. It was sad knowing that I was closing an important chapter of my life. I never thought for a second I'd lose interest in writing Mjfanfiction, it was something I thought I'd do for years and years. However, looking back on it all, discontinuing my stories was one of the best things I could have ever done. My year long hiatus really helped me develop as a writer and realize the sort of eerie hold my infatuation with Michael had on me. When my interest started to wane I began to panic. I'd always considered myself madly in love with Michael and all things related to him. I'd promised myself I'd be dedicated to him for life. During my craze I rarely ever listened to other musical artist and or music types. If I did I always felt guilty, like I was betraying Michael. After enduring my own personal crisis I started to discover different types of music and indulge in other interest. At first I was hesitant but I quickly discovered new interest I would have otherwise enjoyed if I were not so fixated on Michael.

As far as my writing goes, I am greatly improved. After my inspiration died, I took a short hiatus from writing. I thought about giving fan fiction up completely but I missed it too much. I wanted a fresh new start so I took my hand at writing for another fandom which will not be named. Writing for this new fandom really helped me notice areas of writing I was lacking in while writing Mjfanfiction and I can actually say I'm quite proud how much my writing has improved. When I recently got back into my account, I read over my old stories and wanted to cry at how terrible they were. I also think age plays a factor in this as I just 14 when I started writing fics here. As of now I am content writing in my new fandom. I'm in a supportive writing community and I am much more confident in the things I write. Although I am discontinuing my writings here, I will keep them up as a little reminder to myself of how far I've come.

Some of you reading this right now may be upset or call me a traitor and some of you may not even care. I've seen it a few times in this fandom where some fans are ridiculed or harassed when they admit to losing interest. To be honest, my interest started waining in early 2014 but I was too afraid to make it known. For any of you who may feel as if I'm turning my back on the fandom or betraying Michael, I want you to know that you're wrong. The Moonwalker fandom will always be l my first home and Michael and his music will always play an important part of my life. I can't say that I'll completely disappear from the site. I'll still lurk in the shadows from time to time and maybe I'll pick back up some of my discussions. I wanted to thank everyone whoever read my stories or showed any support towards my writing. I had some great times