- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just something I wanted to get off my chest
Before I start, I just want anyone reading this to know that this does not reflect any stories here on MJfiction.com. When the admins did exist and were active on the site, they nipped this problem in the bud.

Some of you may know that I also post stories on wattpad. On that site there's a small but growing amount of Michael fanfics. As I was searching through them I noticed a significant amount of stories where Michael is either a teacher or a get ready.... babysitter, to an under aged girl and he ends up falling in love with her and or having sex with her while she is still underage. This, this right here really bugs me.

Now like I said before, I haven't encountered any stories like this on MJfiction recently. Now, there have been stories where Michael may have fallen in love with a girl while she's underage but they waited until she was of legal age to have any type of sexual contact. A story like that, I can respect. However, a fanfic where Michael is portrayed as a down low pedophile, that I just can't tolerate.

I just don't understand. If you're far enough in the fandom to write fanfics, you obviously know a lot about the group, show or celebrity that you're writing about. The authors of these fanfics know what Michael had to go through in his life time when it came down to those allegations. So why on earth do they write these fanfics??

Now, I understand that pretty much 99.9% of the people who write these fanfics are underage themselves and they are simply writing out their fantasies. This is what bothers me the most. This gives me the idea that the girls writing these fanfics think that it's socially acceptable for a grown man to have sex with a minor.

There are also many original stories that people have written on the site that include similar themes- mostly an underage student having a sexual and or romantic relationship with their teacher. These stories are just as equally disgusting and disturbing but when you go putting Michael's face on it, that's what makes it even more infuriating and offensive.

What worries me the most it that the websites allow stories like this and that the core audience of them are under the age of 18. I'm not trying to restrict anyone's creativity but I really think there should be a ban or a blocking on stories like that for readers and users with accounts that are under the age of 18. These stories are encouraging this type of thinking if you ask me. They're telling these young girls: "If your teacher is as sexy as Michael Jackson, Harry Styles, Channing Tatum ect., and he comes on to you it's okay to have a sexual relationship with him. There are no consequences. Do what feels right." And it really doesn't help when there are these ill informed and misguided reviewers, usually around the age of 13 or 14. saying: "Wow, they're in love." ,"I love this story, it's so romantic" or if anyone tries to inform them about the illegality of these characters actions, "OMG, leave them alone! Just let them be together! They are in love!!"

Does it ever occur to these young girls that having a relationship with someone over the age of 18 when you're a minor is illegal? That that 34 year old teacher can be put in prison for the rest of his life if anybody ever finds out? And if it's a Michael fanfic do they realize that while they don't want people to call him a pedophile, they are portraying him as such in these fanfics?

It really worries me and really concerns me because it makes me think of the type of girls society is making. As much as I love this website and wattpad, it really makes me think about the impact it has on the minds of young girls. I really don't think it's doing them that great of a service.