- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Have fun reading everyone!

Mia sighed gently in boredom. It had only been a few minutes ago that her friend Mykalea set up a game of truth or dare in an underground room she had found in the forest and had asked a few others would come in and join her.

Everybody knowing Mykalea as the prankster, said no, except for her, Josh, and Maria. (They made her swear an oath on the Styx that the dares wouldn’t be pranks from her.)

So far, Josh revealed the reason he had Hephaestus as his dad, Mykalea had transfigured herself into a cat with two legs and walk on her front paws for three minutes, and Mia had embarrassingly told them she didn’t like her mom. It was her turn to now challenge Maria.

“Maria?” She asked gently, her cheeks going pink.

“Truth or dare?” the Slytherin Counsellor easily guessed, “Dare.”

Mia bit her lip in thought before coming over and whispering it in her ear, “I dare you to look at me and resurrect the first person you think of who has passed away for some time.”

“Ok…” Maria smiled deviously, but it was in a bit of a cheerful tone too. “Give me a moment to get him up. Josh, can you shut the door and lock it? And please don’t have any flashlights or anything out. I work best in the dark.”

“Sure.” And with that, Josh pointed his wand at the door, which then swung shut, before a little blue light was emitted from the tip of it with a the familiar electric whirring sound of a sonic, which left the metal lock to click into place.

Maria rolled her eyes. “Show-off.”

“Says the one who summons Ancient Roman skeletal warriors for winning capture-the-flag for almost every second time.”

“Shut up Kissy boy and let me concentrate.”

Mykalea snickered loudly and Mia bit her lip to prevent her grinning mouth to let loose a giggle.

“You too ‘Kalea. Put out that light will you?” The lantern that had been used to brighten the room flickered out, everything turning into pitch black, “Now. Here we go…” soon, a small ball of ghostly light dimly illuminated the room, Maria’s hands gently moving around it.

Looking closely, Mia could faintly make out Maria’s lips saying something silently, but since she couldn’t lip-read, she had to guess what the daughter of Hades was saying.

She didn’t have to guess as a mixture of music and sounds she knew so well began to emit from the light. Then, they became louder and stronger into something terrifying until…

BANG!

The ball of light was no longer a ball of light.

It looked now like a human really, except there was a gentle greeny-white shimmer that came off him. He was wearing a long-sleeved button-up blue shirt, black Sammy Davis Junior styled pants that stopped at his ankles, white socks, black penny loafers, and a fedora on his head. His hair was long, black and jehri-curled, pulled into a ponytail, his skin a lightish tan colour, with barely noticeable white splotches on his face, showing off his brown eyes, having a look of confusion in them.

“Dare done Mia, what do you think?” But Mia wasn’t listening.

She couldn’t believe Maria had resurrected Michael Jackson.

***

So much for just a truth-or-dare game, Josh thought, as he shook himself and stood up.

Looking around, he could notice Mia’s face had gone pink and a look of awe was on her face. Maria looked pleased with herself and was smirking. Mykalea had her jaw dropped and looked like she was going to faint.

“Mykalea, shut your mouth, or you’re going to catch flies.”

“Well, excuse me if the King of Pop hasn’t just been brought here back from the dead,” She retorted.

“Mykalea, watch your tongue. Do you wanna join him being a ghost?”

“I’d turn you into a rat before you’d even do that.”

“Is that so? Why you little--“

“Guys, can we not fight here?” Michael’s voice now interrupted them, bringing them back to the issue at hand. Josh couldn’t help but notice it didn’t sound echoey like those old horror movies he saw when he was younger. “Sorry to interrupt, but where am I?”

“Out of the underworld.” Maria put plainly.

“Narnia.” Mykalea grinned, snickering to herself.

“The year 4564.” Josh joined in, trying not to laugh.

“Will you guys shut up?” Mia’s voice unexpectedly burst through theirs, she had been so quiet before they came here they had to jump. “That’s not nice. Sorry if they were confusing you Michael. You’re in 2013, in a basement underneath camp.”

“Camp?”

“Oh, we need to explain, don’t we?”

“Pretty much.”

“Well, the camp is here because we are demigods and wizards…”

 

Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? I'm going to post the end soon, don't worry! ;)