- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's Part 2 of Chapter 24 :D

Here's Part 2!   

Chapter 24. Part 2.

"Nice picture huh?" He turned around seeing none other than Joe who had his arms crossed standing by the doorway. "Y-Y-Yeah sorry Sir I'll come out now if that's what you want." The old Patriarch shook his head holding his hand up. "That's alright son, I saw that you very curious and decided to see what you were doing." Breathing out a sigh of relief, he continued to look on as footsteps walked towards him taking the photo off the wall sitting down on a white arm chair; Tyler followed doing the same thing.

"Who is that guy?" He asked pointing to a full beard man that had on dark shades who stood between Jackie and Jermaine. "This man here you see Tyler is Berry Gordy; he was and still is the founder and owner of Motown Records; that's where my sons' careers had taken place." The boy sat frozen awestruck as Joe chuckled. "Yep, shocking isn't it? He took them under his wing with my help and made them what they are today." "You mean, the other guys are singers?" Joe nodded. "You betcha. My youngest boy, Randy, had just did an album 4 months ago called Perpetrators; he's an excellent singer, songwriter, and dancer. He and Mike were the ones that teamed up to do the other songs back when they were teenagers in the mid to late 70s." "The 70s? Wow... I was born 15 years ago in 1974." Joe whistled. "That's good to know." The old man and teenage kid continued to chat some more as Joe showed him more family portraits and even golden records back when the boys were the Jackson 5 and had started becoming more and more on top of the world; Tyler was so fascinated by all the history of his new adult friend that he even revealed that he was a closet fan of him having his Bad album that he had gotten as a birthday present from his parents he had for sometime. They both laughed becoming instant companions.

The moon shined its bright light into the starlit sky as Michael and Joe were in the backyard conversating something they rarely did at all. "So, I take it you really like those kids huh?" Mike nodded as he pretended to count the tiny sparkling dots. "They are very well behaved and all; but, something just bothers me that has been really punching me in the stomach all evening." "And what's that Michael?" Joe asked hearing him sigh and getting up with his hands behind him feeling a hand on his shoulder. "It's just that... They seemed troubled by the world around them especially at home. Earlier, Tyler saw how well we get along with one another that it was really eating him up; can't you see that they want more than help, they want to be apart of something more and that is... Family."

Joe nodded completely understanding his son. "Well, Mike, by the way I see how you interact with them, that really is more than meets the eye."

Chapter End Notes:

:) ;) it appears that Joe is taking a liking to Tyler and not just him, but the rest of the family as well :)