- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here's Part 2!

Here's Part 2   

Chapter 35. Part 2.





She then opened up the window slightly staring up at the moon in thought gazing at its big, bold and rich shade color of yellow. The wind felt cool blowing her loose curls a little. "Mommy always said that when you open the window like this, and you feel the wind letting out this much breeze, it's a sign that angels are watching over making sure that we are okay." A tiny crystal clear tear drop slid down her face as Michael wiped it away hugging her. "I'm sure they are in heaven right now looking down at you and Tyler Lizzy; no matter what, they will always love you both even in death." "Really?" Liz asked hopefully with Mike nodding. "Really. Now, how about I sing you a song before you go to sleep?" She managed a small smile and nodded slightly; tucking her in and gave her the stuffed bunny that she had came with for the very first time he encountered her.

"What's the song going to be Mr. Jackson?" She asked. "Have you ever heard Smile before?" Lizzy scrunched up her eyebrows together slowly shaking her head from side-to-side. "It's a very good song for anyone who is sad, or depressed and need their spirits lifted up; it also heals someone whenever they feel weak and sometimes scared too. When I was a lot younger, I would get afraid most times especially the dark, not to mention, Thunder and lightning when it would rain very heavy. But as soon as my Mother would hear my cries, that's when she started to sing to me; I felt so safe and secured in her arms that it made me feel capable, and strong to stand up on my own two feet that from then on, I could take on a challenge that stood in my way even with help from others."

The girl smiled. "Wow, that sounded very interesting." He smiled and ushered her to sit in his lap. With an inhale and exhale, he started to sing.

 

Thump, Thump, Thump went her heart as she heard the most amazing and beautiful voice that belonged to the man himself; never in her life did she hear someone sing so well before. Closing her eyes, she snuggled up burying her face deeper smelling his sweet scent of lavender. He rocked her back and forth gently like a newborn baby stroking her hair as she then started to have flashbacks of what was everything like back home in Sacramento. When her Mother had cooked breakfast before Sunday Services, the way she would put on her lipstick when she was getting ready to go out, even both Diana and Nelson working together when the house needed repairs; she wished that she could go back in time and stopped him from pulling out that gun that had started a change for her. 

Since being with Michael, she had felt safe, and brand new that she could taste it for herself. There she was, cold, alone, and scared but when that limo pulled up, and out came him, she felt a sense of relief and reassurance that this adult figure had answered her prayers; it was like God had seen all of it and made a way in a mysterious but helpful way. The song was now finished as he pulled the covers up to her chin and kissed her forehead.

"Sleep tight Lizzy, I love you and may The Lord watch you and your brother for all eternity." He then turned on the nightlight and softly closed the door. "Goodnight Michael... I love you."

Chapter End Notes:

:')