- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. No money is being made from this work. No copyright infringement is intended.

I've been experiencing writers block lately and the only way to overcome it is to write it out! I decided an easy plot will help me get over it. I know this is kind of similar to another one of my stories but much different. Michael is not famous in this.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all enjoy!!! Please leave reviews!!!
Her hand sat gently on top of his. Fire leaped from the large diamond on her ring finger. The more the ring sparkled and tighter her hand caressed his the more disgusted I felt.

"This is quite the surprise." Mother said for the tenth( and counting) time that night as she helped herself to more salad. Brooke giggled and Michael smiled. "Brooke and I wanted it to be a surprise." He declared. "Didn't we do a good job?" Brooke asked. "A great one."I sarcastically replied as I shoved a roll into my mouth.

I felt like I had fallen asleep on my favorite movie. How could I not know that my best friend was dating my baby sister??? They had been dating for a year for crying out loud!! I should have noticed the signs. The way Brooke stared at Michael whenever I brought him around, how pleasantly they interacted with one another and the many times Michael refused whenever I tried to hook him up.

"Who would have thought. My baby sis and my best friend." I spoke trying to put a bit of cheer in my voice. Something deep inside of me however was not the least bit thrilled. Brooke and Michael were the last two people on earth I expected to be together. Its not that they weren't alike, because they were in many ways. And its not that they didn't look good together because they were a gorgeous couple. Its just that I always thought Michael could do much better.

"Well, you know what this means Mike. Celebration!!!!!!" I shouted throwing my hand is the air. Mother and Brooke rolled their eyes and Michael grinned at me across the table. "Good thing the night is still young. Care to tag along Brookie? You are the bride after all." I asked rising from my seat s I dusted the crumbs off my lap. Brooke shook her head. "No, you know I don't care much for drinking. I'm just gonna help mom with the dishes and go home." She replied. I rolled my eyes. Typical goody two shoes Brooke.

"Thanks for wonderful dinner Mrs. S." Michael said standing up from his chair. Mother smiled. "You're soon to be my son in law. Please, call me mom." She replied. "Well, thanks for the wonderful dinner mom. He bent down and place a kiss on Brooke's lips. "Don't be out too late. I'll be worried about you." Brooke spoke caressing Michael's hand. I almost gagged at her sappiness. "I'm with your sister, I'm in good hands." He replied with a wink.

I folded my arms across my chest. "I promise, I won't kill him." I declared. Michael said his final goodbyes to Brooke and Mother and soon we were on our way.
******
"Michael Joseph Jackson. You are in trouble." I spoke once we were in the car. "What'd I do?" He asked. "Why didn't you tell me you and Brooke had something going on?!?!" I demanded to know while adjusting the radio. Michael shrugged. "I didn't know how you'd take it. You know how you can be sometimes Erin." He replied. I gripped the steering wheel tighter.

"I know I can be a mess Mike but you're my best friend and you're engaged to my baby sister. You didn't even get my opinion and I didn't even get to help you pick out the ring." I whined as I pulled into the parking lot of the local bar. "I guess you're right. But you'll have plenty of say in the wedding. Brooke's chosen you as the maid of honor." He replied as he got out of the car slamming the door behind him. "Woopde do! She did it because you said so. I know Brooke." I pushed the glass door in front of me and was greeted with the sounds of Journey and clinking glass.

"Erin!!! Long time no see huh?" Chris the bar tender yelled. I smiled. "Yeah, I've been trying to stay away but tonight's a special night. My man Mike here's getting married." I exclaimed nudging Michael's side. Michael blushed. "Is that so? That calls for a round on the house!" He exclaimed handing us each beer. Michael and I made ourselves comfortable at the bar.

I raised my glass. "To My best friend and my little sis. Hope it works out." I declared. Michael laughed at my bluntness and clinked his glass against mine.

3 beers later Michael was completely drunk and singing very loudly along to "Bennie and the Jets". I was only buzzed. I could always hold down my liquor down better he could. You could tell he didn't drink much.

"You could wake the dead." I exclaimed laughing slightly. Although drunk he still had an amazing voice. Or at least he sounded better than I did sober. "She's got electric boots, a mohair suit. You know I read it in a magaziiiine." He croaked slightly out of key. I don't know if it was the alcohol talking, but I found this rather sexy.

"Michael, tell me. What do you love about Brooke?" I asked. Michael smirked. "Oh everything. Her eyes, her smile. She makes me laugh and she reminds me of you." He replied reaching over and messing with my hair. "She really reminds you of me?" I asked. "Yeah." He replied staring into my eyes. I could just melt at his gaze. I'm pretty sure he stared at Brooke like that all the time. Michael could never stare at me that way and mean it. He was only staring at me that way because he was drunk. "I think it's time I take you home."
*****
"You're gonna fall flat on your face." I warned Michael as he stumbled into his apartment. Luckily he made it to his sofa where he plopped down and closed his eyes. I sat down next to him.

"I'd hate to be you in the morning." I spoke pushing a stray curl away from his face. My vision was slightly blurred. Michael grabbed my hand slowly rubbed his thumb across it. I fought the urge to moan at his sensuous touch."You know Erin, I love you." He slurred. I smiled. "I love you too Michael." This could go both ways. Before I knew what was happening, Michael sat up and kissed me right on the mouth.

The kiss was hungry and passionate, yet soft and loving. His lips felt amazing against mine. I had always secretly wondered what those lips felt like.

"Michael" I moaned. "What's gotten into you?" I asked as he began redirecting his kisses toward my neck. My breath quickened and my hands clasped around his hair. I was really beginning to feel the affects of the alcohol and I was so turned on I didn't want to stop. My mind said no but every inch of my body screamed yes.

This was one of those I was going to have blame on the alcohol.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!!! Please review!!!!