- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter!! Hope you enjoy!!
I rustled in bed as the mid morning sunlight danced upon my eyelids. I could hardly remember what happened that night. Michael and I had gone out and the rest was a blur. I did however remember having this weird dream that Michael and I had sex. Like that would ever happen."Come one Erin. Don't be a bum. Get up." I told myself as I hesitantly opened my eyes. My eyes were greeted with the sight of Michael's firm backside.

I instantly sat up in bed. It wasn't a dream. I really had sex with my best friend and my sister's fiance. How on earth could I be so careless!!!

I buried my face in my hands. Michael stirred in bed. "Brooke, baby?" He groggily called out. "Holy Hell." I muttered . What on earth have a gotten myself into?!?!! Michael sat up in bed and rubbed his doe eyes focusing on me. I peeped at him through my fingers afraid to look him in the face. "Shit. You're not Brooke." he breathed.

"Michael I'm sorry!!! I didn't mean for this to happen. I feel like such a slut. We were both drunk!!!" I exclaimed. Michael shook his head and ran a hand through his curls. "No. This can not be happening. This is not happening. This is all a bad dream. I'm gonna close my eyes and open them again and this will all be over." Michael closed his eyes very tightly and opened them a minuet later. I stared back at him.

"Why the hell are you still here?!?!" He growled. "This was not supposed to happen. I love Brooke! I don't love you!!" He exclaimed. Something about his last words left a jabbing sensation in my heart.

"Michael neither of us meant for this to happen. It was a mistake. We both had impaired judgement. It didn't mean anything." I assured him. Michael sighed gripping the sheets. "That's not what I'm worried about. This could ruin our whole entire friendship and if Brooke finds out I'm toast."

Almost as if on cue a loud knock was heard on Michael's front door. "Open up Honey it's me!!" Came Brooke's voice. "Oh no." I sighed. Michael looked like a deer in the head lights. "You've got to hide. She cannot know you're here." He whispered. "What am I supposed to do??" I asked as he jumped out of bed and began getting dressed. "You're a smart girl Erin. You'll figure it out." Michael replied. He tossed me my shirt which landed right in my face before leaving the room. Feeling sad and confused I went pulled the shirt over my head and crawled into the closet.

As I sat there amongst Michael's many pairs of loafers, I began to imagine what could have happened last night. I had no doubt at all that Michael was an amazing lover. Something about him gave me the assumption. But it didn't matter anyway. Last night was all a mistake. Michael wasn't mine. He belonged to Brooke. Part of me felt ashamed for sleeping with my sister's future husband and another part of me was disappointed that it was just a one night stand.

"Rough night huh?" I heard Brooke ask from the living room. I could hear Michael sigh. "Yeah, I shouldn't drink so much. It doesn't do me any good." Brooke clicked her tongue. "I warned you about hanging out with Erin. She's a wild child." Brooke replied. I rolled my eyes. "I know. That's what I love about her." Michael replied. I smiled widely.

"How about I cook us something and we can have breakfast in bed?" Brooke suggested. No!! No breakfast in bed! No breakfast in bed! Michael was known to crack under pressure and I was really hoping he could stay calm in this situation. If Brooke comes in here and finds me half naked in her fiance's closet, all hell is going to break loose.

"Nah. I'm already feeling bad enough as it is. Laying down will only make me feel worse." Michael replied. "Alright honey. You sit down while I make you some tea."

I sat in the closet for about the next three hours. Two of the three in which I used to catch up sleep. After what felt like forever Brooke finally left saying she had errands to run. Shortly after her departure Michael came back into the room plopping down on the bed.

"It's about time." I spoke crawling out of the closet. "You're still here girl?" Michael asked. I straightened my shirt. "Did you expect me to climb out of the window?" I asked sarcastically as I sat down next to him. I sighed. "Look Michael, I'm sorry." I reached over and touched his hand. He sighed. "I'm sorry too. I really don't want this to change our friendship. I think its best that put this behind us and act like it never happened." Replied Michael.

"What about Brooke?" I asked."She doesn't have to know. It'll be our little secret."
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!!!