- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is another chapter!! It's a bit of a filler.I'm kind of in a rut with the plot and I don't know if this is the right move to make. Please let me know what you all think! I value your opinion!!! I don't know if you'll like it but I hope you do!!
It was kind of hard to accept the fact that Michael would be ignoring me until he could clear his head. Throughout our entire friendship we had never had a time like this. Yes, we argued sometimes but we always made up. Could it be that maybe that night might have meant something to him? I decided that I should stop worrying myself about it. Michael would come around eventually. It made no sense for me to mope over him when he was directing all his attention to Brooke. It was time for me to direct my attention else where.

Friday night came and I found myself bored with the thought of staying home alone. I decided I'd go out. Every since the incident I had been avoiding the bar. Instead I opted for a more calm and conservative element- the coffee shop.

I actually chose a pretty good night to come. A band was playing there. They did covers of Fleetwood Mac and The Who tunes and some songs that I had never heard of which I assumed were originals. Their lead singer seemed like an interesting guy. He was quite the looker with his shaggy blond hair and green eyes and handsome face. His striking looks reminded me of Michael. Both of them were a bit too pretty to be men. I always kidded Michael about that. Anyway, enough about him. Throughout the whole entire performance he had been making eyes at me.


I was on my second cup of chai latte by the time the show ended. Bored, I flipped through this magazine. I was just about ready to go home. Coffee shops totally weren't my thing.

"Tell me, what's a pretty girl like you doing in a coffee shop on a Friday night?" a voice asked. I looked up from my magazine and was met with handsome face of the band's lead singer. I smirked. "I don't know. You tell me." I replied. He smiled. "Leif." He said. "Excuse me?" I asked, unsure of what he was talking about. "Leif. I'm Leif."I smiled. "Erin. Great show by the way." I replied extending my hand to shake. Leif smiled grabbing hold of my hand. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Thanks." He replied. I blushed. I don't know if I was just overcome with the rejection I was feeling from Michael but this Leif dude was doing a very good job of charming me.

"We're actually doing another show tomorrow night. Will you grace us with your presence?" He asked. I giggled. "No, actually coffee shops aren't really my thing. I was just headed home." I replied standing up from my chair. "Oh, I see.Hey aren't you forgetting something?" Leif asked. "No. What?" I asked. "Me." He replied with a smirk folding his arms across his chest. I found this to be quite cute. I wasn't used to guys being this bold with me. I actually kind of liked it.

"Is that your way of asking for my number?" I asked while throwing my empty cup away in a nearby trash can. "It just might be." He replied. "Well you don't have to ask twice." I replied as I jotted down my didgets on a stray napkin that was sitting on the table. I handed the napkin Leif who held a big smile on his face. "I don't think you know what your getting into." I declared before sauntering out of the shop.

I was never really into the dating scene. I had never really had a serious, long term relationship. Just occasional flings I didn't know if Leif would give me a call but I was secretly hoping he would. I really needed something to distract me from everything that had been going on lately.

Leif called the very next day which was quite the shocker. He was actually a very nice and interesting guy. He was born and raised in California and moved to New York a few years back. Aside from being the lead singer of his band Godspeed, he was a fitness guru during the week. Surfing and making music were some of his favorite pastimes. The more I learned about him, the more I liked him.

By the next Friday, we had our first date. He took me to this amazing Italian restaurant and afterwards he took me to this show in Radio City Music Hall. I had such a great time, I was sure I had gotten Michael out of my system.
Chapter End Notes:
I know that it's short and probably crappy but please bear with me. Again please, please let me know if I could have done something different with the chapter. I will change things if I have to. For your visual purposes, here's Leif
 photo leif269_zpsf85d215a.jpg
Quite the looker, Ain't he?

Again, please let me know how it was and leave reviews!!