- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is another chapter!! I hope you enjoy! Please let me know how I'm doing with the story!!
"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?!?!" Brooke sqeeled kicking her feet into the air. Her blue eyes twinkled with excitement. She had come over to my apartment with a crapton of Bridal magazines, asking me to look through them with her. During this time, Leif had called and Brooke ease dropped on our conversation.

"Because, I knew you would act this way." I replied, folding my arms across my chest. I had planned to keep Leif under wraps for as long as possible. We had been on a handful of dates now and I didn't want anything to spoil it.

"I'm sorry Erin. It's just this is a huge deal!! It's not everyday you get a boyfriend ya know." She replied thumbing through one of the magazines. "Thanks for reminding me." I replied. "So, does mom know, does dad know?" She asked. I scoffed. "No. You know how they can be about those things. Remember dinner a few weeks ago. They're crazy. I'm surprised Michael wants to still marry you." Brooke shrugged "Mike was pretty weirded out. Does Michael know?" She asked.

The constant mention of his name was making me uneasy. "Pff. Why should he know?" I asked, slightly defensive. Brooke raised a bold brow at me. "Because, he's your best friend. Best friends know about these kind of things." She replied. "Well he didn't tell me about you and him." I retorted grabbing one of the magazines. "Touche." She replied.

I felt that it wasn't Michael's right to know about Leif. He had been dating my little sister for over a year and hadn't told me a word. Plus, after brushing me off, he wasn't getting in any of my business.

"Well, I can't wait to meet your new beau. Michael and I are going out Thursday night. We should totally double date!!" She exclaimed tossing a magazine aside nearly knocking me in the head. I frowned, dodging the magazine. "I don't know if that's such a good idea Brooke. I mean, Leif and I have only been on a handful of dates. Don't you think it's a little too soon to be meeting family members?" I asked. I didn't want to run him away. After all I didn't even think it was safe to call him my boyfriend. So yes we had been going out and talking on the phone and there were a few shy kisses here and there but Leif never formally asked me to be his girlfriend.

"Relax. It's just a casual gathering of adults. No pressure. Mike and I aren't gonna eat him alive. We just wanna meet him." Brooke assured me. I sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask."

That's just what I did and Leif was totally cool with it. I really looking forward to Thursday night. I couldn't wait to see the look on Michael's face.

********
On Thursday night I was waiting out side the elegant seafood restaurant for Leif. He was running a few minuets late. I was positive Michael and Brooke were already inside since they were never late. I nervously straightened my primrose colored dress. Maybe Leif had grown tired of me and had decided to stand me up.

I shook the negative thought out of my mind as I saw a familiar person getting out of a taxi. I sighed a sigh of relief as Leif approached me. "Hey Beautiful. Sorry I'm late. Traffic was an ass." He announced before leaning over and planting a quick kiss on my lips. He looked quite dashing in that red button up that was only partially buttoned. I blushed. "I don't mind at all. I'm just glad you're here. Ready to meet the sis?" I asked grabbing hold of his hand. "If she's as wonderful as you, then yes." He replied as he opened the door of the restaurant for me. Sure enough Brooke and Michael were in the waiting area waiting for a table.

"Hey you guys!!" Brooke shouted waving over to us. She looked very chic in her black cocktail dress. Michael stood by her side wearing black slacks and a simple white button up. He looked quite surprised to see me holding hands with Leif.

I smiled leaning over to give Brooke a hug. I gave Michael a friendly pat on the pack. It was the first time I had seen him since dinner at Mom's."Leif, this is my little sister Brooke and her fiance and my best friend Michael." I spoke introducing them. "Pleased to meet the both of you." Leif said shaking hands with the both of them. Michael seemed a little reluctant at first but eventually returned Leif's firm handshake.

"Erin's told me a lot about you." Brooke spoke which a smile. Leif laughed. "Only good things I hope." He replied playfully. I gently nudged his side. "It's funny, I haven't heard a single thing about you." Michael said. There was an awkward silence I smiled and slightly narrowed my eyes at Michael. "Jackson party of 4!" The hostess yelled. I sighed a sigh of relief, thankful that the hostess had ended the awkward moment.

When he were finally seated and ordered our food Michael decided to start up the conversation. "So, Leaf." Michael spoke. "It's pronounced "Layf". Long A." I corrected his mispronunciation. Michael shot me a short look before continuing. "So Leif, what do you do for a living?" He finally asked before taking a sip of his water. "Well, during the week I'm a fitness guru. On the weekends I'm a musician." He replied. Michael nodded. "Interesting. What instruments do you play?" He asked. Leif blushed. "Well, I don't really play. I sing." He replied.

Brooke smiled."That sounds excellent." She exclaimed. She seemed to really like Leif which must mean I made a pretty good choice."Ya know, Michael here used to sing himself. He was in the chorus back in high school." I said. "Seems like you got a thing for musical guys." Leif replied with a wink. I did not have a thing for Michael. Well, at least not anymore.

"So, I'm curious. How did you two meet?" Brooke asked. Leif and I blushed simultaneously."Coffee shop. My band and I were doing a gig that night." Leif replied. "He was making eyes at me the whole entire time." I added. Brooke fought the urge to gush and I could've sworn I saw Michael roll his eyes. "You hate coffee shops. You're more of a bar girl." Michael declared. He was not about to go there. I shrugged. "I know. I wanted to change my venue. Bars cause nothing but trouble you know." I replied sharply hoping to flashback his memory.

"Can you hold down coffee as well as you can liquor?" He asked sarcastically. He was NOT going there. "Well, at least I don't fall flat on my face when I'm intoxicated." I shot back. Tension was in the air. Leif and Brooke exchanged worried glances at us. Once again, I was saved by the waitress coming out with our food.

We ate in awkward silence. I could not wait for this night to be over with. That one night of impaired judgement really did a good job of screwing up our friendship. Shortly before dinner was over, I excused myself to go to the restroom. Little did I know that somebody had been following me.
Chapter End Notes:
To be continued!! Please review!!