- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Where is everyone?? Did the story lose its spark?? Here is another chapter! I hope you will enjoy it. Again, I value your opinion! Please let me know if I can do something differently. Also, ideas and suggestions are more than welcomed! Please leave reviews!!
I jumped as Michael locked the Women's bathroom door behind him. "I didn't know you had a vagina." I spoke coldly, folding my arms across my chest. He leaned his thin frame against the door. "Sorry, it's the only place we can talk in private." Michael replied. "What if someone has to use the bathroom?" I asked. "They'll just have to wait." I sighed. "What is it you want to talk about?" I asked. I really wasn't interested in hearing him talk.

"About you and me. What's happening to us?" He asked."I'll tell you what's happened to us. That goddamned one night stand!" I shouted. "Hey, keep it down." He warned. "I don't know how many times I have to keep apologizing Michael. Every time I do you just shut me out. I didn't have sex with myself that night. You're equally as guilty so why do you keep treating me like it's all my fault?!?!" I screamed in frustration as I sunk down the wall onto the tile floor.

Michael took a seat next to me and sighed. "I guess you're right. I haven't been totally fair. But you're not in my situation. I'm engaged to be married. This is not the right time for my emotions to be played with." He spoke. So his emotions had been toyed with too. I would have never guessed.

"Erin, I value your friendship more than anything. But I also love your sister. It's not easy for me to deal with the fact that I made a mistake of sleeping with my best friend and then I'm engaged to her sister. I kind of feel like I'm betraying the both of you." He confessed. His emotions were kind of confusing but I tried to follow them. "Well what about me? I have to go around knowing I slept with my best friend and he's engaged to my sister. I always feel guilty deep down inside whenever I see her and talk to her on the phone. She'd think I was a huge slut if she ever found out." I finished. It felt good having a heart- to heart with Michael. It felt like old times.

"You could never be a slut." Michael assured me. I gave him a small smile. "So what about this Leaf guy?" He suddenly asked. "It's pronounced "Layf". And what about him?" I replied. "Why didn't you tell me about him??" He asked folding his arms. "Because, you didn't tell me about you and Brooke for a year." I replied. He shrugged. "I guess that's fair." He replied. "I wanted to keep him a secret but Brooke found out being her noisy self."

"So, what do you think of him?" I asked. Michael smirked. "Well, he seems like a nice guy but I think you could do better. Plus, his hair looks like a wet rag." He replied bluntly. I smacked him on the shoulder. "I love his hair." I replied giggling in protest. Silence fell over us as we sat on the bathroom floor like mad people.

"Hey Erin, did you feel something?" Michael asked, breaking the silence "What?" I asked having not a clue of what he was talking about. "You know, that night. When we.. you know. Did you feel something?" He asked with all sincerity. My breath hitched in my throat. "Michael, I don't remember anything about that night. We were both drunk." I replied uneasily. "Oh." Came his short reply.

"I think we better get out of here before Brooke and Leif get suspicious and somebody has to use the bathroom." I announced shortly after his awkward question. "Yeah, you're right." Michael rose from his spot on the floor. He extended his large hand for me to take and I gladly excepted it. With out another word I dusted off my dress left the restroom.
************
I watched New York pass by in a blur as I stared out the taxi window. In the end dinner hadn't turned out too badly. "Hey, you okay?" Leif asked me, his knee gently nudging my leg. I turned to him. "Oh, yeah, I'm just tired." I replied. My mind was stuck on my conversation with Michael.

I had lied straight through my teeth when I told him I hadn't felt anything from that night. So yes, I was drunk and I couldn't remember that night. But drunk or sober I couldn't deny my feelings for Michael. I could have told him. I could've laid a whole decade's worth of repressed feelings on him. But it was much too late.

The mere mention of Michael's name gave me butterflies. The very thought of him made me smile. It was hard not to gush when I spoke about him. I was undoubtedly in love with him but there was nothing I could do about it.
Chapter End Notes:
This is the theme song for this chapter!! I just love this song and I think its perfect for Michael and Erin! Please leave reviews!