- Text Size +
"My Gosh, you are absolutely beautiful!!" Mother exclaimed with a breathy sigh as Brooke spun around for all the world to see. Trails of silk trailed behind her and her long hair didn't seem to stop flowing even after she had stopped spining. She looked like a bride. The purest vision of loveliness.

Time waits for no one that's for sure. It felt like yesterday when Brooke and Michael announced their engagement. In a month Michael and Brooke would become Mr & Mrs. Michael Jackson. In a month I would forever loose the chance to express my love for my best friend. After the double date and my ephiany about my love for Michael, I kind of gave up on pursing the issue any further. It was no use. Michael didn't love me. He loved Brooke.

"You look like a bride to me." Said Gran, who had come down from Newark to help mother and Brooke prepare for the wedding. Brooke smiled widely blushing at their complements. "What do you think Erin? Too much?" She asked placing her hands on her perfectly sculpted hips. "Oh no, it's perfect. It was made for you. Michael will love it." I quickly replied. I didn't mean to be rude but the whole ordeal with Michael had sort emotionally drained me. I wasn't that much of myself lately and I was trying my hardest not to let everyone around me picking up on it.

"You know Erin, it must be so hard to see your younger sister get married before you." Gran spoke. I sighed. Brooke was Gran's favorite. She could be okay when she wanted to be but most of the time she always said things to make Brooke look good and make me feel small. "Yes Gran. But then I remember I still get to have hot sex with random strangers and I feel so much better. " I replied, sarcasm in every syllable.

Gran gasphed. "Erin!" Mom scolded. Brooke giggled. "Erin's only kidding Gran. Besides, she has Leif." She replied while checking her reflection in the full bodied mirror. "I still have yet to meet this boyfriend of yours." Mother replied disapprovingly as she straightned Brooke's train. "You'll meet em at the rehersal dinner." I replied. So far Leif was cool with Michael and Brooke. The last thing I needed was scaring him off by introducting him to my mom. "Well, if you act right;maybe, just maybe, you can snag yourself a husband." Gran replied leaning on her cane for support. I fought the urge to roll my eyes out of respect for my dear Grandmother.

"This is definately the dress." Mother declared. Brooke smiled widely. "This is all like a dream!!" She exclaimed. I watched her twrill about, A swril of white satin and wondered what is was like to live to in her dream world.

It must be very nice.

"Come on Erin. Lets get you fitted for your bridesmaid's dress!" Brooke exclaimed. I groaned. Besides the wedding itself this was something I was not looking forward to. Bridesmaid dresses were always the worst. The bride always chose the most hiddeous thing should could find just so no one would upstage her. I prepared myself for the worst.

"Well go on in the dressing room. I want it to be suprise. You're gonna love it. Trust me." Brooke assured me as she gently pushed me into the dressing room. As soon as I locked the door, a black dress with a big white bow on the back was dangaling over my head. "Don't you love it? Go ahead try it on. I rolled my eyes as I took the dress from Brooke and slowly stripped out of my clothes. After sometime I finally got the dress on. Taking a deep breath I stepped out of the dressing room and presented myself to Mother, Brooke and Gran.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I guess it wasn't that bad but the big white bow on the butt was a bit unessecary. "Very chic huh? It's the hottest trend this season!" Brooke exclaimed. Mother smiled at me "I have beautiful girls." She said simply. "Would you check out that rack! For a moment I thought you'd never develop." Gran said. This time it was Mother's turn to scold Gran. "Just stating the facts Terri, just stating the facts. She replied.

Everyone thought I looked good but I was not at all pleased with my appearance. I felt like it should have been me. It should have been me twrilling around in that Satin dress. It should have been organizing my guest list. Me picking out china for my dinning room. Me being indecisive about what flavor cake I wanted. But most of all, it should have been me marrying Michael.

But it would never be me.