- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok so here are the final chapters. I wanted to get them posted before I started working on a new story (but I also wanted them to be good!) So I really hope you enjoy them!! And I am going to be working on a sequal to this story (I love Michael and Callie to just drop them like that!) Thanks everyone for reading this story and for the feedback! It is greatly appreciated! And I hope you've enjoyed reading this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it for you! 

   "Please." Callie begged, "I don't know if you recognize me but I'm Callie Moore and I really really need to get in to see Mi-"

   "Look, miss. I'm sorry but I cannot let you through this gate." The security guard gave her a look as if to say "move along."

   Callie felt so frustrated she could scream. She had navigated her way from the service station to the airport and was now standing at the gate leading directly to the runway where Michael was boarding a jet to leave the country and was being turned away by a man who didn't care who the hell she was. 'This man,' she thought, 'Probably has met a celebrity or two.'

   She sighed and was about to beg once more when he said, "Look, miss, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

   Callie bit her lip to keep from crying and nodded her head as she turned to leave.

   "What the hell took you so long?"

   Callie turned back to see Bill rushing over to the gate. 

   "Sir, you know this girl?" The guard asked.

   "Yea, I've been waiting for her. Please let her through."

   Tears of relief and joy streamed from Callie's eyes as she thanked the guard and walked through the gate to join Bill. 

   "Look at you," He examined her soaking wet dress clinging to her body and the wet wavy strands of hair clinging to her face. He held the umbrella in his hands over her, though Callie doubted it  would help much at that point. "I've been stalling as long as I could, Cal, and Michael is not too happy with me."

   "Where is he?" Callie looked desperately at Bill.

   Bill sighed, "He's on the jet, waiting. He is torn up though, Callie, I think you should know that."

   Callie's heart sank. "Bill, I got away as soon as I could, I-"

   "Cal," Bill sighed again. "I don't know what went down, but as far as Michael knows, the minute you left Neverland you've been blabbing to everyone... Or at least setting up appointments to blab. We even heard talk about a book and movie deal."

   Callie's face dropped and she felt enraged. "Bill, that wasn't me... I was locked in a hotel room for three days... I would never..." She stopped walking, dropped her face in her hands, and started sobbing. 

    Bill placed his hand on her shoulder. "I know. When I got your message at first... woooh..." He said making a face, "I was mad thinking you had some nerve. But then I caught a glimpse of that press conference... I saw you run out."

   "But, that was before I even called you Bill."

   "Callie, they got that mess on every station as breaking news. I done watched you run out 20 times."

   "What about...?"

They started walking again towards the jet. "Nah, Callie, he won't watch that mess. All he knows is what has been told to him by his manager and as far as he knows, you're the one running around selling the story."

   "Awh dammit." Callie spit out in disgust. 

   "I know. And that man in there," Bill gestured at the jet they had just reached, "He's heartbroken and fleeing the country. So you better go talk to him and you better make it good."

   Another tear rolled down Callie's face. "What if he won't listen?" She asked Bill sadly.

   "We'll figure that out if we need to, but for now, you gotta try to make him listen." Bill gave her a sweet smile. He started towards the jet. 

   "Hey Bill!" Callie gave a little smile as he turned. "You trust me yet?"

   Bill gave a chuckle, "I'll let you know."

   Callie let out a shaky sigh and started following him towards the jet. 'You can do this, Callie. He loves you, you love him... You CAN do this.' Callie told herself. 

   "Bill, how much long-" Michael stopped when he saw her.

   Callie's heart jumped into her throat and she stopped in her tracks looking up at him. Her eyes watered but she forced a smile. "H-hi Michael." She said in a shaky voice.

   She could tell he was breathing heavily by the way his chest heaved up and down. Otherwise he was completely still and silent. It could have been just Callie's imagination but he seemed to be staring daggers in her direction. 

   She let out another shaky sigh. "C-can I talk to you for a sec?" 

   Michael said nothing, turned, and walked back into the jet.

   Callie let out a huff of air she hadn't been aware she was holding in.

   "What the hell are you doing?" Bill's voice startled her and she looked at him. "You betta get ya ass in there."

   "Ok, jeez!" Callie exclaimed rolling her eyes at him and stepping onto the stairs leading into the jet.