- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy! <333 Much Love

"Michael, can you take out the trash?" mother asked.

 

"Yes mother." He got up from the couch and took trash to the side of the house where the garbage can was. He threw the trash in the can and as he walked back, he glanced to the house to his left and saw a girl sitting on the porch reading a book.

 

She looked about his age. Fourteen. She had long, straight, light brown colored hair that fell about her face as she hunched over reading the book and had honey colored skin. He could only see one side of her face but he could tell she was beautiful.

 

He felt like he could stare at her all day but he had to get in the house before mother began to worry. He walked back into the house and sat on the couch.

 

Everyone was watching The Brady Bunch. Michael tapped his older brother's, Jermaine, shoulder and Jermaine leaned his head over to show he was listening. "What?"

 

"Who's that girl sitting on Mrs. Mayweather's porch?"

 

Jermaine looked out the living room window and saw the girl reading. "I don't know. She's cute though. Why? You like her?"

 

"Oh uh, nah, I just wanted to know who she was," Michael lied.

 

Jermaine smiled at his little brother with a face that read, yeah right.

 

Michael got up from the couch and went to the bedroom. Everyone was in the kitchen and living room so he could get some privacy for now. Sharing one bedroom between six brothers tended to make one savor privacy...

 

He laid down on the bottom bunk of the bunk bed and flashes of the girl's face invaded his thoughts. He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. He remembered her caramel complexion and how it shone in the dimming sunlight. He wondered what her name was...

 

Trudy? He thought. No, thats not it. How about Rachel? No, no she doesn't look like a Rachel. Maybe her name is Janet like my sister? Oh gosh, I hope not...Liking a girl with your sister's name is very awkward. Imagine dating a girl with your sister's name. "Oh I kissed Janet last night..." or "Oh I think I might marry Janet..."  geez talk about incest...

 

Thoughts ran through his mind a mile a minute and soon his thoughts drove him into a deep sleep.

 

**********

 

Michael was playing cards with his little brother, Marlon, on the kitchen table while his mother, Katherine, was cooking.

 

"Shoot," his mother mumbled under her breath.

 

Michael looked up. "What is it mother?"

 

"I forgot the carrots when I went to the corner store today. I need them for the soup." She walked over to her purse that was on the counter and took out her wallet. She pulled out a five dollar bill and walked over to the kitchen table where Michael and Marlon were playing and handed the bill to Michael.

 

"Here, go down to the store and buy me four carrots. I want my change when you get back."

 

"Yes ma'am."

 

A bell tied to a string that was connected to the door rang as Michael pushed the door open. Richie's Corner Store had literally everything from groceries and candy to records and tapes, even shoes and sneakers!

 

Michael walked over to the produce section and grabbed four carrots and put them into a plastic bag. As he walked to the cashier, he bumped into someone and they dropped their groceries.

 

"I'm so sorry," Michael said as he bent down to help the person with their groceries.

 

"It's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going." The voice belonged to a girl. Michael looked up and realized it was the girl sitting on the porch and this time he could see her whole face. She was more beautiful up close.

 

Her eyes were two dark brown pools of chocolate that could enchant anyone who gave her eye contact.

 

When they were finished picking up her things, she thanked him for helping her and started for the door.

 

"Hey wait!" Michael called out.

 

She stopped in her tracks and turned around. "Yeah?"

 

"Are you related to Mrs. Mayweather?"

 

She smiled which made Michael feel warm inside. "Yeah, she's my grandmother. How'd you know?"

 

" Well, your grandma's house is next to mine and I saw you reading on her porch yesterday evening so I assumed maybe you were some kind of relative." Michael smiled this time.  

 

They stood there smiling like fools then the girl broke the silence. "Well I better go, my grandma is cooking and she needs these groceries pretty soon."

 

Michael remembered himself that he too needed to get home because his mother was also cooking. "Wait, before you go..."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"What's your name?"

 

She smiled again. She's so smiley, he thought. "Parker, Parker Anderson."

 

"That's a nice name. I'm Michael, Michael Jackson."

 

"Thanks. Yours is also a nice name...um I should really go now...bye Michael!"

 

"Bye!"

 

He watched her leave the store and walk down the sidewalk. He didn't know how long he stood there before he remembered that he had to go!

 

He paid for the carrots and thought to himself.

 

 

Thank goodness her name's not Janet...

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thank you for reading! Please Review <333 Much Love