- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I didn't edit this. I hope you guys like this, though!

Krystal's POV.

 

 

Michael was such a douchebag! He did this on purpose. Jesse probably would never talk to me.

Ever.

He probably thinks I'm a lesbian with a controlling girlfriend. No offense to those who are... you know what... but I definitely am straight and even though Samantha is banging fine, I would never go out with her. Michael was seriously getting on my last nerve and if he wanted to play fire with fire, so be it.

I was currently tucking Kyla into bed and getting ready to head to bed.

"Krissy?" Kyla spoke up.

"Yes, babygirl?"

"Who is Jesse to you?" she asked looking up at me. I stared down at her and shrugged my shoulders. "He's a friend I made some days ago. We just saw each other at the park."

"He seems like a really nice guy. He bought us ice cream!"

"Yes, I know he is. Now, tell me how you met Jaaalen." I dragged. I honestly wanted to know why Kyla brought a boy back to the bench. A boy out of all people. She's too young for this. "Well," Kyla started. "He went down the double slides with me and he was very nice. He's also reaaaally really cute." she giggled.

I laughed. "Kyla! You're too young for this boy stuff. But Jalen is a cutie."

"So that means you like Jesse because Jalen looks exactly like Jesse." Kyla said confidently. I gasped. This girl was confident for her own good.

"No, I do not like Jesse!" I answered truthfully.

"Mmm, okay Krissy." Kyla replied with a hint of sarcasm in her voice. "We didn't get to take pictures on the camera. Why did we leave the park so early?" she asked with a tiny pout. If only Michael didn't have to come and disrupt our peace.

"Things... Just came up." I said. More like annoying douches. Kyla nodded her head understandingly and made herself more comfortable in her bed. "Thank you for taking me to the park today. I love you."

I smiled and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "You're welcome, Ky. I love you more. Sleep tight, angel." I got up from the bed and turned off the lamp, heading out the room. Well at least today was done. Monday was revenge day for Michael and I knew exactly what I was going to do.

 

****

 

"He did what?!" Samantha asked while I placed my books in my locker.

"The nigga basically told Jesse that I was a dating a girl. Then Jesse decided to leave! He ruined everything."

"Krys, you better cut that ass today at lunch or I will. Michael doesn't even like you so why did he do that?" Samantha asked. I shut my locker door and we began walking to the cafeteria. "I don't know, Sam. But all I know is that he'll be receiving a taste of his own damn medicine and I don't care who's around."

The two of us walked into the cafeteria which was already full. Sam and I walked up to our usual table to see that it was taken by Giselle? I sent a confused look at Sam who was already fired up. "What the fuck?" Sam said.

"Excuse us, but this is our table." I said placing a hand on the table.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Michael said no one was sitting here." Giselle said in her usual bitchy voice. Michael. It's always Michael.

"Michael already knows that this is our table. So if you'd just move you ass out of my seat, we'd be good." Sam said. Then out of nowhere, the devil appeared. "No, Giselle sit ya behind down." Michael said. He pushed me out of the way and slid into my usual seat, placing some food on the table. Did he just push me?

"Wait, but your side of the table is over there? All of a sudden now you want to sit here?" I said.

"Yup." Michael said popping the P. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Sam's hand. "Let's go. I have no time for this childishness." Sam made a face at Giselle who was eating her food and we turned around to leave.

"Yeah, run away and have fun making out in the girls bathroom!" Michael said after us. And that set me off. He was still making fun of that? I stopped walking and took a deep breath. I turned around and let go of Sam's hand walking back to the table where Michael and Giselle sat. "Do you think you're funny?" I said slamming my hand on the table.

"Nah, but your face sure is." he smirked.

"Well, you know what else is funny? This!" I picked up his bottle of chocolate milk and opened it and tilted it over his head. I poured the whole bottle until it was finished. Giselle's eyes widened at my sudden action and I dropped the bottle on the table once I was done. Michael got up and angrily ran his fingers through his milky hair. I stood there smirking as other students in the cafe sat staring in surprise.

"Is there something up with you?" Michael yelled. I shook my head. "Nope. But there is something up with your hair. It's a bit... Messy." I laughed and readjusted my bag before walking away with a wide grin on my face. Michael once again stormed out the cafeteria and Sam and I sat down at the other end of the cafeteria and continued on with our lunch period.

 

****

I sat down in an empty row in the auditorium with my script booklet in hand. I was looking over my lines for the play. So basically Romeo and Juliet fell in love with each other at first sight and promised to be together no matter what. Juliet uses a potion to fall asleep for 72 hours and Romeo thought she was dead so he committed suicide to be with Juliet in whichever place their souls went to.

Although it was cute, this was not something I wanted to be part of.

I continued to flip through the script booklet and was interrupted by someone taking a seat besides me. I looked over to see that it was Michael. I smirked as he placed his bag on the ground. "Hey, Milky." I joked. He glared at me and I shrugged.

"Look, the only reason I'm sitting next to your weird ass is because I'm trying to make it look as if we're friends."

"Cool." I said focusing my attention back to my script. He pulled his script booklet out from his bookbag and opened it up. It had post-it notes sticking out from pages... Woah, was he actually looking over his lines? Mrs. Coupet made her way to us and clapped her hands happily.

"Look at you two looking over lines together. Now this is what I call teamwork!" she said with a fistpump. Michael faked a laugh and nodded his head. "We actually to your advice and hung out this weekend. We're cool," he said before wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "Right, Krystal?"

Ew, he did not just put his dusty arm around me. I went along with the flow and smiled. "Yup! We are as cool as ice!"

"Good, now continue going over your lines. I want you both to pick out your favorite part from a scene and after this meeting is over, you two can perform it for Mrs. Matthews and I!" Mrs. Coupet said before walking away. Perform our favorite part? All the encounters between Romeo and Juliet contained at least something that had to do with touching and I didn't want to touch Michael; not at all!

I brushed Michael's arm off my shoulder and sat back in my seat. "So, what are we going to do?"

"I don't know." he simply stated.

"I forgot, you don't know anything at all." I began searching for a good scene and propped my feet up on the seat that was in front of me.

"Shut up. I actually have a scene we can do so. Turn to act two, scene one." Michael demanded. Well, I was wrong. I turned to act two and looked for the lines where Juliet came in. "Okay, now the place where I think would be best for us would be where Romeo says Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear. That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops.Then you can come in with whatever you have to say." he says looking back at me. I nod my head and soon we begin practicing for the little performance we were going to do for Mrs. Matthews and Coupet.

Soon after the meeting had ended and Michael and I were up on the stage ready to perform for the teachers. "Which scene will you two be showing us?" Mrs. Matthews asked, sitting back in her seat with her water bottle in hand.

"Act two, scene one." I answered. The two teachers nodded and I looked over at Michael who was looking at his script booklet. I motioned him to begin and he did.

"Lady, by yonder blessed moon I swear. That tips with silver all these fruit-tree tops--" he began looking at me from his side of the stage.

"O, swear not by the moon, the inconstant moon, that monthly changes in her circled orb. Lest that thy love prove likewise variable." I read from the script while looking back at him.

"What shall I swear by?" Michael asked, taking a step towards me. I move in closer and held my finger up. "Do not swear at all; or, if thou wilt, swear by thy gracious self, which is the god of my idolatry. And I'll believe thee."

"If my heart's dear love--"

"Well, do not swear: although I joy in thee, I have no joy of this contract tonight. It is too rash, too unadvised, too sudden," I read looking into his eyes as I continued moving closer to him.  "Too like the lightning, which doth cease to be ere one can say 'It lightens.' Sweet, good night! This bud of love, by summer's ripening breath, may prove a beauteous flower when next we meet. Good night, good night! as sweet repose and rest come to thy heart as that within my breast!" I said, dramatically placing a hand on chest on the last part.

"O, wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?"

"What satisfaction canst thou have tonight?" I acted in a questioning voice. Michael walked closer so that now we were face to face. "The exchange of thy love's faithful vow for mine."

I caressed his cheek with the palm of my hand and chuckled softly. "I gave thee mine before thou didst request it. And yet I would it were to give again."

"Wouldst thou withdraw it? for what purpose, love?" he asked, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"But to be frank, and give it thee again. And yet I wish but for the thing I have. My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite." I finished staring deep into Michael's brown eyes. He stared back into mine and we remained in this position for a while. It felt so real; I even forgot that we were in front of teachers.

"Wonderful, wonderful!" Mrs. Matthews applauded along with Mrs. Coupet. Michael and I quickly pulled away from each other and I closed my script booklet.

"Excellent job," Mrs. Coupet commented. "You two look like Shakespearean experts! It was amazing. I now have faith in this production." she said.

The both of us said thank you and walked off the stage. It was time to go so I quickly grabbed my bag and headed out the auditorium. Michael quietly followed behind me. I brought my umbrella out from my bag and opened it before heading out the school. It was pouring and there were only a few cars parked in the school parking lot.

I quickly walked over to the spot where my car was park and got in, puting my key in the ignition... But unfortunately, the car woudn't start. "What the hell?" I sid out loud. My car wasn't about to malfunction again. I continued to try and start my car up, but it wouldn't work.

I sighed and laid my head down on the wheel. This car always had something wrong with it. Now what will I do and how would I get home?

There was a knock on the passenger window and I looked up. I saw that it was... Michael? 

He was carrying an umbrella and he continued to knock on the window. "Stop staring and open up, will ya?"

I sat up and opened the passengers door. He got in and closed his umbrella. "What do you want?" I asked him.

"I saw you having some car trouble, so I decided ta come over and help you out. Soooo, if you can drop that damn attitude." Michael said looking over at me.

"Whatever." I waved him off.

"Whatever? Alright, I guess I'll just leave your ass here." he shrugged. He picked up his umbrella and opened up the passenger door. Krystal, what in the world are you doing? You know that you gotta get home. You better quit it with the attitude and let him help you.

"No, stay," I said, reaching out to hold him back. Michael looked back at me and sat back in his seat. "You said you could fix my car?"

"I can try. I've fixed a few engines."

"Okay, get to work then." I said. Michael opened up his umbrella and exited the car, running up to the hood of my car. He opened it up and began working on my car. "Start the engine back up." he yelled at me about ten minutes later. I put the key inside the ignition and started up the car. It started up perfectly fine. Can I get an amen?

Michael closed the car hood and brushed his hands off. He walked back to the passengers side and got in. "All good." he said.

"Mhm..." I said with a smile.

"I don't get a thank you?"

"Thank you." I said. "You're welcome." he replied We kept silent for a while and I leaned up against the window. "Why did you lie in front of Jesse back at the park?"

"What do you mean?" he asked stupidly.

"You basically told him that I was a lesbian, when you know I'm not. You made him leave... That was rude."

"Rude? I was just messing with ya," he laughed. I made a straight face and looked at him. "You're a tough girl. Take a joke." he said, punching my arm lightly.

"Well, you went too far with you're little joke." I said.

"And you went a little too far back at the cafeteria. You spilled milk all over me."

"That was payback for what you did on Saturday." I explained.

"Ruined my hair and all. Now I gotta wash my hair when I get home." he said, running his fingers through his hair. I shrugged and looked out the window.

"Anyways, I gotta go. Sooo, see ya later." he said before opening the door. He stepped out my car and bended down so that he was face level to me. "Oh, and your acting skills are terrible." he said shutting the door before I could even reply.

Michael always had to slide in an insult. I shook mmy head and back out my parking spot. On the drive home, the only thing that ran through my mind ewas if Michael and I were friends or not... I mean, with the way he offered to help fix my car, I couldn't tell if he was trying to be my friend or just trying to trick me.

What exactly was going on?